Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pin-tastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I am only showing posts up till about 3 to 3:30 PM today,Are you guys also only showing posts in that time range.I wonder if something is wrong on my end/browser? or some problem on the Google Groups end.
    Let us know on this forum after you try those websites.Please and Thanks alot.
    Kirk in Colorado

#2 12 years ago

The most recent post I show on RGP is from 4:08 PM.

#3 12 years ago

I am showing one from 3:02 PM,maybe a time zone deal,but the last post I see there is
    Pinball Inc.???-Is no reply normal?

#4 12 years ago

I show a couple of posts after that one, but something is definitely wrong. I'm sure it's a Google issue. The most recent WOZ post is from 4:28 PM.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks gweempose,Maybe it's getting fixed/up to speed,I just saw a new post on WOZ.-Kirk

#6 12 years ago

think RPG got shut down ?

#8 12 years ago

Looks like RGP is still down,for me anyway--what about you guys?

#9 12 years ago

RIP RPG

#10 12 years ago

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if it died,but I do get some information and some comedic relief, and for sure,the dumb-ass of the day nominations often come from the site.
    Really I don't have a big problem with it,just know your audience and sift through what you do not like.I have had some great responses about tech questions I submitted and a guy had a part I had been looking for,for almost 3 yrs.I had a response the first time I posted on RGP.

#11 12 years ago

Whether one is a fan of RGP or not, there is no denying that it's an invaluable resource. At this point, there is virtually no question that hasn't been asked and answered. I often use RGP to look stuff up, and it's amazing that that you can find relevant information in a post made nearly 20 years ago.

#12 12 years ago

Those are good point you both bring up

#13 12 years ago

Still seems to be not working???

#14 12 years ago

Does anybody here use rgparchive? While I still prefer the Googlegroups version, at least you can still see what is going on.Of course by the looks of things, that isn't very much. Maybe more people are using Googlegroups than thought?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

Maybe more people are using Googlegroups than thought?

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if 80-90% of the people access RGP through Google Groups these days. I bet a lot of people don't even realize there is any other way.

#16 12 years ago

RGP is a newsgroup, not a site, like this one. Google groups is just one way to access RGP. About once every couple months, google groups goes down, so posts are delayed or dropped entirely.

When it has gone down in the past it's never for more than a half a day, up to maybe a full day. I've never seen it this bad before. It's been extremely slow or out of service since around Saturday, maybe Friday.

#17 12 years ago

Yup, still looks down to me as of Tuesday evening PDT. I wouldn't miss it (but the tech advice and archives are very important to the hobby) and would probably rediscover things that need doing around the house...or, I could read about ebay and craigslist deals gone bad on RGP instead...oh wait, craigslist to the rescue:

www.craigslist.org link

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Google groups is just one way to access RGP. About once every couple months, google groups goes down, so posts are delayed or dropped entirely.

Google groups isn't down. It's just their newsgroup feed that's messed up right now. Native groups such as the WOZ group are working fine.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Google groups isn't down. It's just their newsgroup feed that's messed up right now. Native groups such as the WOZ group are working fine.

What is the WOZ group ?

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

What is the WOZ group ?

It's a private group for people who pre-ordered a WOZ.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It's a private group for people who pre-ordered a WOZ

Ah ok thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-elsenot-able-to-get-current-google-groups-forumswoz-and-rgp-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.