(Topic ID: 264954)

Anybody else think the dead flip logo looks like a Chicago city flag?

By Golgotha

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DeadFlip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Genuine creativity or Cloned Chicago Flag?”

• Genuine creativity 6 votes
      32%
    • Cloned Chicago Flag 13 votes
      68%

(19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D7D6170C-6E7B-4650-9BFC-DE7463480737 (resized).jpeg
    1200px-Flag_of_Madison,_Wisconsin_(adopted_2018).svg (resized).png
    md-bcity (resized).png
    div0 (resized).jpg
    Martian_Congressional_Republic (resized).png
    People's flag (resized).png
    Milwaukee flag (resized).png
    md-eastport (resized).png
    md-annapolis (resized).png
    stpaul_flag (resized).png
    1518185_923652550979960_4009050093985412080_o-1260x790 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200326-013710~2 (resized).png
    Saint Louis Flag (resized).jpg
    Comiskey2 (resized).JPG
    Dead Flip Chicago (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Anybody else think the dead flip logo looks like a Chicago city flag? Even the colors are spot on.
    ok, maybe its just because I was born in Chicago, but seriously take a look and compare

Dead Flip Chicago (resized).jpgDead Flip Chicago (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Need another poll choice:
    "Chicago has a flag?"

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

"Chicago has a flag?"

My point is that the Pinside graphic was taken from the Chicago city flag.

#4 4 years ago

I believe he is from Chicago so that would make sense

#5 4 years ago

nice tribute if that is the case. Very cool

#6 4 years ago

Jack did, in fact, model his logo after the Chicago flag.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I believe he is from Chicago so that would make sense

Quoted from SKWilson:

Jack did, in fact, model his logo after the Chicago flag.

I wasn’t aware that Chicago had a flag but when you informed me I figured that’s actually pretty clever to blend your city flag into your logo.

#8 4 years ago

A great TED talk about flag design. Covers the bad ass Chicago flag as well as some terrible flags:

#9 4 years ago

You should be able to click both options on this poll.

#10 4 years ago

Here is how I incorporated the awesome Chicago flag into a custom baseball pitch and bat pinball I customized. Take a look.

Comiskey2 (resized).JPGComiskey2 (resized).JPG
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Golgotha:

Here is how I incorporated the awesome Chicago flag into a custom baseball pitch and bat pinball I customized. Take a look.[quoted image]

Lookin good brother.
    How’s your Sea Wolf holding up?

#12 4 years ago

Chicago flag is a very well done City Flag, rated the number two American City Flag (behind Washington DC) by the North American Vexillological Association (NAVA - an organization I am sure Sheldon Cooper belongs to) . It has excellent symbolism, the three white stripes representing the North, West and South sides of the City, the blue stripes representing Lake Michigan and the Chicago River (north and south branches), and each red star represents an important event in the city's history, and each point of the stars representing civic virtues.

Here is another - St. Louis for us southern Illinois folks (rated 5th). The St. Louis Flag represents the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers and its Spanish, French and US Heritages in the symbols and colors. There are at least 150 American City flags, so not too bad a placing for either city.

Saint Louis Flag (resized).jpgSaint Louis Flag (resized).jpg
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

"Chicago has a flag?"

I had to look it up, but Dallas (I live right outside Dallas) has a flag too. I honestly had no idea...

Screenshot_20200326-013710~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200326-013710~2 (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago

Same for me Daditude. I had to look ours up. Minneapolis is the blue flag, St. Paul is the other.
    1518185_923652550979960_4009050093985412080_o-1260x790 (resized).png1518185_923652550979960_4009050093985412080_o-1260x790 (resized).pngstpaul_flag (resized).pngstpaul_flag (resized).png

#15 4 years ago

Speaking of logos, you have a Pantera, Mangusta, or (even rarer) Vallelunga?

Later,
    EV

#16 4 years ago

Nice catch!

I love a logo that actually has meaning

#17 4 years ago

The first flag is the flag of Annapolis, MD. The slogan says "I have lived free and will die so", which is kind of bad ass.

The second flag is more interesting and awesome. A neighborhood in Annapolis is called Eastport, or as the residents call it, "Maritime Republic of Eastport" , and is separated by downtown via a bridge. As you can tell, they value their own identity over there. Every December, they have a tug of war and the losing side is pulled into the water. It is a big drinking event.

md-annapolis (resized).pngmd-annapolis (resized).pngmd-eastport (resized).pngmd-eastport (resized).png
    #18 4 years ago
    Milwaukee flag (resized).pngMilwaukee flag (resized).png
    #19 4 years ago

Above is the Milwaukee flag, here is the one the people created. We can't have it becasue it was not created by the right people.

Don C.

People's flag (resized).pngPeople's flag (resized).png
    #20 4 years ago

Maybe just everyone in the midwest knows the Chicago flag?

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Chicago flag is a very well done City Flag, rated the number two American City Flag (behind Washington DC) by the North American Vexillological Association

Unirregardless, I don't know these vexollogy fellows are but anyone that ranks DCs flag above Baltimore isnt worth listening to.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Above is the Milwaukee flag, here is the one the people created. We can't have it becasue it was not created by the right people.
    Don C.[quoted image]

The peoples' Milwaukee flag is awesome! What a great design. Although maybe more fitting for a more traditionally beachgoing locale than... Milwaukee

It also reminds me of the MCR (Mars Congressional Republic) flag from The Expanse... which is another fantastic design IMO.
    Martian_Congressional_Republic (resized).pngMartian_Congressional_Republic (resized).png

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Unirregardless

div0 (resized).jpgdiv0 (resized).jpg
    #23 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Unirregardless, I don't know these vexollogy fellows are but anyone that ranks DCs flag above Baltimore isn't worth listening to.

Baltimore - Rated 18th .... Probably done in by the literal depiction of the Battle Monument instead of symbolic - but definitely a nice looking flag
    md-bcity (resized).pngmd-bcity (resized).png

Quoted from Don_C:

Nice flag! Lived in Milwaukee for five years while going to school, didn't know about the recent flag controversy, I think the vexollogy folks would like the new version much more.

Quoted from goingincirclez:

It also reminds me of the MCR (Mars Congressional Republic) flag from The Expanse... which is another fantastic design IMO.

Yep, this is a great design, very well done and much better than a ton of "real" flags. Great show too!

#24 4 years ago

Madison's Flag

Very simply, the capitol building, located on the isthmus, surrounded by two lakes.

We visit Chicago and their flag branding is everywhere. Lots of people have them tattooed as well. They are quite prideful of their city.

1200px-Flag_of_Madison,_Wisconsin_(adopted_2018).svg (resized).png1200px-Flag_of_Madison,_Wisconsin_(adopted_2018).svg (resized).png
    #25 4 years ago

Confirmed my flipper logo is an homage to the Chicago flag.
    We also made real flippers with blue rubbers!
    D7D6170C-6E7B-4650-9BFC-DE7463480737 (resized).jpegD7D6170C-6E7B-4650-9BFC-DE7463480737 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-think-the-dead-flip-logo-looks-like-a-chicago-city-flag?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.