grill_over_92318 (resized).png
grill_straight_92318 (resized).png
ac79f2602bc4d75d91dea83042807db433cb20f1 (resized).jpg
WP_20160527_14_15_04_Pro_LI (2) (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1748 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

I've had a Webber Genesis (natural gas) for about 8 years. Last year I changed out the burners, igniter, and flavor bars. I also gave it a total tear down and degreasing. It's like new now. The one below is just a sample pic I found, but it's identical to mine. It's great and very well made.

Last year I purchased a Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM) 22"charcoal smoker and have been loving it! Grilling is fun, but the smoker is the bomb. For the price, you can do a lot with it. Thumbs waaaaaaay the heck up! The one below is mine making ribs last weekend.

Also, there is a great web site for the WSM. It has good forums and lots of tips.
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#57 7 years ago

Looks awesome.

Do you foil? Or add water to the pan?

I leave my pan dry. I've started doing my Briskit for about 4 hours in smoke, to get a nice bark. Then I go in foil for about another 4 hous. All at 250 or less. I find that I like the moisture better with the foil.

Also, I love the chimney for starting my coals.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Bought this in 2003 and still works perfectly other than buying a new temp gauge last year.
Any suggestions on how to degease it. I would like to give it a thorough cleaning.

Sure. I cleaned it with a combination of Dawn soap and water. I scrubbed it with kitchen scrubbing sponges like I use on dirty plates and skillets. You can also spray grill cleaner and let it sit a bit. It works like oven cleaner. The other thing that really helped was to remove as much of the internal components as possible. My Weber has a huge metal pan under it that collects sludge. It's angled and drains to small disposable foil pans. That thing was really gross. It cleaned up super easy and looked new when I was done.

Sort of like shopping a pinball. The more you tear down, the easier it is to clean.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Same here. I did one brisket and it turned out a bit dry. At $5 per pound I'll pass.

Foil is your friend. I'm still in my first year, but happy to share what I do if you are interested.

My briskit: usually about a 15-18lb right in the grocery store meat section.

PM- salt, pepper and garlic rub the night before. I let it sit overnight in the fridge.
AM- I put a fully chimney of hot coals over about 1/2 full ring of charcoal with 6 or so pieces of wood. I put this briskit on bare (with the seasonings) with the fat up. I usually maintain 240-260 by controlling the lower vents. Top vent always wide open. I usually let this go 4 hours. I then wrap the whole thing in foil and put it back on for 4 hours.

At this point, it's ready. Low and slow. I always have too much juice, never dry.

Also, I recommend this page
http://virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think you're in IL, right? If we ever go to the same event, let me know and I'll bring you some stuff from down here to try.
I just looked on CL and there are quite a few around Indy that look good. A couple hundred bucks. One's a natural gas grill. Is there any way to use that with a tank or does it have to pipe in to the house. I'm not too experienced with gas grills. I've used mostly coal and wood in the past.

Natural gas has different burners. The gas has a different density. You can buy new burners, but it probably easier to just get a propane one.

#80 7 years ago

I'm not sure. Not any in my part of the world though.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've seen Dawn dish detergent suggested a few times. Mine had such a trivial amount of crud I just used a plastic scraper.

To clarify, I used the cleaner on a total tear down. Normally I just use the wire brushes to clean the grill surface.

#115 7 years ago

I picked up baby back ribs for Saturday's NCAA fest at my house!

#117 7 years ago

Cajun shrimp?

Only one way

#125 7 years ago

I would show today's ribs but we already ate them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-into-weber-grills?tu=nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.