grill_over_92318 (resized).png
grill_straight_92318 (resized).png
ac79f2602bc4d75d91dea83042807db433cb20f1 (resized).jpg
WP_20160527_14_15_04_Pro_LI (2) (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1748 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPG
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I never use a cleaner on the inside of my summit.

I've seen Dawn dish detergent suggested a few times. Mine had such a trivial amount of crud I just used a plastic scraper.

#102 7 years ago

I use one of these for veggies a couple times a week.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#103 7 years ago

I own one but I wouldn't call it "Into" grills.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I own one but I wouldn't call it "Into" grills.

Hey I own toilet paper but not really into it either, though I do appreciate it I love to grill though and picking this up and working on it has been fun

#105 7 years ago

Weber grills are durable, currently own a Spirit. Owned it for over 8 years and it still works great. The difference between Weber and the others is the cast iron.

But, I have found something better. It's the Big Green Egg! Get the large, it should set you back about $1000. Great for almost anything. Really enjoying it.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Cover Tip
I just replaced my grill cover with a Texas Grill Cover that I bought from Amazon, seems just as good as the Weber one, but for half the price. Weber cover lasted 3 years for me.

The real cover tip, for Charcoal or WSMs, you don't need one. Never fades, never rusts.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

And I've never cooked on a gas grill, seriously.
ac79f2602bc4d75d91dea83042807db433cb20f1 (resized).jpgac79f2602bc4d75d91dea83042807db433cb20f1 (resized).jpg

You should get one and try. I only cook on a gas grill now. Convenience means pretty much daily use... 5+ times a week year round. The IR rotisserie is a game changer as well. Natural gas means never needing any fuel. Good to go, every time and in short order with a quick preheat. Having multiple grills would mean owning both charcoal and gas for me.

Here's a ribeye from the summit grill I own.

WP_20160527_14_15_04_Pro_LI (2) (resized).jpgWP_20160527_14_15_04_Pro_LI (2) (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've seen Dawn dish detergent suggested a few times. Mine had such a trivial amount of crud I just used a plastic scraper.

To clarify, I used the cleaner on a total tear down. Normally I just use the wire brushes to clean the grill surface.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Convenience means pretty much daily use

More frequent use for sure, at least for me. Nice looking Ribeye!

#110 7 years ago

As far as a cleaner, I bought some degreaser at GFS. Don't use it on your grates if they are cast iron. Here are some pics of my BroilKing Baron, I tried to add them to my earlier post, but couldn't. These are from the website, obviously. I have this gas grill, a Portable Kitchen charcoal, and a Brinkmann Smoke and Pit smoker. Used to have an off brand kettle, but it finally died.

grill_straight_92318 (resized).pnggrill_straight_92318 (resized).png

grill_over_92318 (resized).pnggrill_over_92318 (resized).png

#111 7 years ago

To clarify my cleaner post, I never use a cleaner on (the inside of ) my grills now but I do clean. My reading on this topic made me realize that cleaners are not needed and can be detrimental. Think similar philosophy to a quality carbon steel wok or cast iron skillet. Do a basic scrub but nothing else needed. I use a plastic spatula on my summit grill to scrape off significant crud and a brush to clean the grates. That's all, works great.

If you see peeling on the inside surface of a weber, that is NOT paint, it is normal and in fact a sign of good cooking temps.
https://help.weber.com/faqs/4/i-see-what-i-think-is-peeling-paint-inside-the-lid

'

Quoted from Insane:

As far as a cleaner, I bought some degreaser at GFS. Don't use it on your grates if they are cast iron. Here are some pics of my BroilKing Baron, I tried to add them to my earlier post, but couldn't. These are from the website, obviously. I have this gas grill, a Portable Kitchen charcoal, and a Brinkmann Smoke and Pit smoker. Used to have an off brand kettle, but it finally died.

FWIW, broil king is a sister company to Weber, the less expensive line. It's a small world. Nice cooker selection. I'd enthusiastically tell you to consider upgrading from the baron to a summit.

Quoted from mcluvin:

More frequent use for sure, at least for me. Nice looking Ribeye!

Thx. That's my $10k steak picture . Have it at amazing resolution. Zoom in and check it out. It could be a magazine cover for awesomeness.

I called my butcher and am getting two fresh 5 lb pork butts (shoulders, bone-in) for a 12 hr low and slow smoke/cook on Fri or Sat. Will be using hickory, apple and cherry wood and a kick-azz rub. Will be an amazing pulled pork meal (not my first rodeo). And yes, the Weber summit gas grill will rock this out of the park.

#112 7 years ago

Canadian surgeons are urging people to throw out wire-bristled barbecue brushes, because none of them have figured out a surefire way of removing the wires when they get stuck in people's throats.

'None of us have figured out a surefire way to get rid of them,' says Dr. Ian Dempsey
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/barbecue-brushes-dangers-swallow-throat-wire-bristle-dempsey-1.3741578

Horrifying, but has anyone actually heard of that happening? You'd think if you pay attention (and everyone in this thread seems to do so) you'd notice the bristles on your grill...

I have actually bitten bird-shot before... but if it's game you killed yourself you know to look out for it.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Canadian surgeons are urging people to throw out wire-bristled barbecue brushes, because none of them have figured out a surefire way of removing the wires when they get stuck in people's throats.

I like to let the grates get nice and hot, then scrub with a wire brush. Anybody know an alternative that gets them nice and clean? Think this has to be pretty rare. Either the grate wasn't scrubbed very well, or perhaps the wire in the brush becoming magnetized? I'll start paying closer attention though.

#114 7 years ago

The exact model I've been wanting (S-330) popped up on CL for believe it or not $50. It's mine the seller says. 45 miles down the road I get a call "the neighbor gave me $100 for it". I hate CL! Seller did paypal me $10 for my troubles. Doesn't reimburse for the waste of time, but whatever. Hope the neighbor chokes on his first grill....

#115 7 years ago

I picked up baby back ribs for Saturday's NCAA fest at my house!

#116 7 years ago

Finally got my pizza figured out, took awhile. Will cook up wings, blackened chicken breast, potato chips and other cool things this weekend with grilled mahi mahi and maybe Cajun shrimp on Sunday. Not really into pork and beef.

Go Noles!

#117 7 years ago

Cajun shrimp?

Only one way

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Cajun shrimp?
Only one way

Go big or go home....

zat (resized).PNGzat (resized).PNG

#119 7 years ago

Killing me with this. My brother in law gave yes gave his Weber 2000.00 grill to his neighbor since it didn't fit in the moving truck. Kicker is his built in grill at the home he purchased doesn't work. Bummer
You ask why I didn't take it? I just moved out of my house and have no room either.

#120 7 years ago

Life is dissapoint.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#121 7 years ago

If it's any consolation, these deals pop up once or twice a week. $50 for an S-330 was an extremely good deal, though the rust was severe. You want the seller who is moving and just needs it gone. That's about half of them. The other half still want to try to get $400 for their dirty azz grill they paid $800 for 4 years ago. I'm guessing that $2K Weber was a Summit? Yeah, I'd take that for free

#122 7 years ago

Light em up!! Have a good weekend!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#123 7 years ago

Throwing a beef roast wrapped in bacon, over a pan of potatoes, carrots, onion etc, on the rotisserie tomorrow. Doing 4 racks of baby backs on the smoker on Monday. Safe holiday / weekend to one and all.

#124 7 years ago

Two pork butts (shoulders) on the Weber summit for pulled pork. An 11 hr cook, smoked with hickory, apple and cherry wood. Made awesome pulled pork sandwiches with apple cider coleslaw and two optional bbq sauces (both national competition award winners).

Pictures show the meat 3 hrs in and when done.

WP_20160902_07_19_52_Pros (resized).jpgWP_20160902_07_19_52_Pros (resized).jpg

WP_20160902_16_03_06_Pros (resized).jpgWP_20160902_16_03_06_Pros (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

I would show today's ribs but we already ate them.

#126 7 years ago

Picking up a Minimax to go with my large big green egg tommorow. This will allow me to take the egg in the road!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Picking up a Minimax to go with my large big green egg tommorow. This will allow me to take the egg in the road!

Just bought a Minimax today. It's the perfect travel size. First pork butt smoke tomorrow!

#128 7 years ago

Yes it was the Summit

#129 7 years ago

Screw the grill he sold my original Donkey Kong and a Joust for 600.00 where is my DK

#130 7 years ago

Screw the grill he sold my original Donkey Kong and a Joust for 600.00

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-into-weber-grills/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.