maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 5 years ago

I pre-ordered the disc for PS4. Grand Theft Horse!

BTW this is the third game in the series Red Dead Revolver was released on PS2 back in 2004 or so.

#57 5 years ago

I don't know why I keep buying discs for consoles.

I lost my Horizon Zero Dawn disc when I moved. Pulled it out to watch a Blu-Ray and not sure where I set it. So now I can't play it. But even if my PS4 exploded, I could always re-download a purchase.

I'd be really shocked if the next gen of consoles have discs at all. If you've got any GameStop stock dump it fast before they Blockbuster out.

#89 5 years ago

Amazon is delivering Grand Theft Horse tomorrow but we'll be moving our shop so hopefully I don't miss it. Again, why did I get the damn disc, ARGH!

Been enjoying Black Ops Blackout as well.

#113 5 years ago

Yeesh. Two discs and over an hour to copy them both over. Plus whatever the day one patch is.

Horse ball physics take a lot of code!

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Is it worth upgrading from an Xbox one s. To an Xbox one X if you only have 1080p ? GameStop’s tradein deal is pretty good at the moment.

It would give you a framerate boost. The XB1X is a rock solid 30FPS while the base XB1 and PS4 can dip into the mid 20's.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

What about upgrading from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro? Would it be a noticable difference when playing RDR2??
-Dan

#166 5 years ago

There's just an insane amount of dialog in modern games in general. Seems they always like to give you a sidekick (Uncharted, new God of War) as an excuse to have dialog.

Thats why I've enjoyed the new Tomb Raider series more than Uncharted 3 & 4 - she's alone most of the time. See also Horizon Zero Dawn. Amazing game if you haven't played it, and the story is both really interesting and also told very passively ie doesn't get in the way of gameplay. Also not too much climbing.

#170 5 years ago

How do you brush your horse? Do I need to buy a brush?

This is like the least gamey video game ever made.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

This is what I mentioned early regarding too much detail. The amount of pointless side work is rediculous. I suppose they think it’s “immersive”.
Anyway, you can buy a brush at the stable in Valentine. I got one for free buying a horse there.

Thanks, I'll head there once I recover from my cougar attack.

#208 5 years ago

Still trying to wrap my head around the "R2 to pull out gun" thing.

Seems it's intended for quick draw if you're guns aren't equipped. I got in trouble for accidently shooting a dog that way. On the flip side, nobody seems to mind when I murder and skin their farm pigs.

#261 5 years ago

I did the mission where the captured O'Driscoll boy leads you to their camp. You kill em all and find like $600 in the chimney.

As I was leaving the feds show up and kill me. Does that mean I lost the money I found?

I don't understand the rules of death in the game.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm not sure. That mission was confusing since I thought I would get $600 in my wallet or $600 in the camp fund and I got neither...I don't know where the money went.
I will say that missions after you get past the initial ones seem to get a little better. Still riding way too far, but less talking/riding forever now.

And you didn't get killed right after the mission like I did? You picked up $600 but it appeared nowhere?

Maybe it was Confederate bills

#311 5 years ago

So is this game actually any FUN or just a marvel of technology?

I go into a new state with no bounties, OK cool. Somebody picks a bar fight with me.... WANTED! I flee to the big Saint Denis town. My horse bumps into someone UNARMED ASSAULT!

It feels more like a super strict Demolition Man police state than the Wild West.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

no doing missions your own way (they're all paint by numbers)

It almost feels like a David Cage (Heavy Rain) kinda game. Press X to do this, then press L, now tap A... Whatever happened to the good old days of bringing whatever car or rocket launcher is best to complete a mission?

Still remember first level of Goldeneye and there's a locked gate. Instead of roaming around to find a key (like games before) you just shoot it off.

Why have we gone backwards from that?

1 week later
#356 5 years ago

Saw a YouTube video saying there's a bank job early on that solves all the money problems.

How does one reach this? I'd like to pay off my bounties so I don't get ambushed every 5 minutes.

#363 5 years ago

I really want to dive into this game but I get bored after an hour or so each time I play it.

Seems these days if you make a movie or game "pretty" enough it will get unending praise.... kind of like pinball machines!

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just put all your money into goods or the camp... then go into town and surrender when the lawmen approach you. Spend the night in jail, and the bounty clears

Tried that and was successful in one state. Tried in another and Dutch busts me out of jail and I'm even more wanted there!

But at least it cleared one state for me. Makes roaming more fun.

#384 5 years ago

I caught 2 wild horses last night! They're not worth much though.

Still in Chapter 2. When do I start making real money? Heard there's a bank robbery at some point?

#407 5 years ago

Read about a Strange Statues puzzle online, did the quest and got some gold bars! Money problems over!

But right after the quest a man was kidnapping a woman! So I lassoed and fought him. Problem was, the horse ran off with women still hog tied on the back!

I felt bad. I like to think friendly woodland creatures chewed the bonds loose for her.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Online rolls out for Ultimate edition owners in about 24 hrs...if you played the game on launch day you’ll be invited to it 24 hrs after the ultimate owners....all others will be invited by the 30th....This is what I’m excited for.... ..............Joey

How funny will it be when the supplemental online portion of an already beloved game (RDR2) blows away Fallout 76 in terms of scope and features?

The YouTubers are gonna have a field day with this

#441 5 years ago

I just got to Chapter 3 last night.

It's confusing when Dead Eye upgrades itself to manual tagging. It didn't tell me this right away so for a while I thought Dead Eye was broken!

Also kind of funny how you kill dozens of lawmen in Valentin and the bounty is only $60. Seems like they give you a deal when the story demands bloodshed.

#463 5 years ago

I don't like it when I get ambushed by highway men, I kill them out of self defense but if a passerby sees me looting the bodies I'm wanted for murder?

Also was doing a debtor mission and he said "find my money in a tree" So I hog tied him to my horse and took him there, which seems like what any reasonable loan shark would do, but I'm spotted and wanted for kidnapping!

Sometimes the Old West seems more restrictive than modern American cities!

#465 5 years ago

Basically they need to flag highwaymen as "OK to kill and loot" same as they do O'Driscolls and the old Confederates.

In the case of the latter 2, you can for instance stop them from robbing a coach, and then loot their bodies in plain views of others and nobody cares.

#479 5 years ago

I'm sure the slow walk in camp is to promote you interacting with all the characters.

#491 5 years ago

Apparently alligator meat is super good for you. And if you have that sniper rifle one shot to the head of a non moving target is super easy.

I absolutely loved Horizon Zero Dawn. Not only is the story super cool but the game mechanics are very deep, how you take down robot monsters, various techniques etc. It's not just "hide behind walls and pop out to shoot occasionally"

#500 5 years ago

Only just realized last time I played that you need a barber to cut your main hair.

Also why does my facial hair have to grow naturally but my horse can magically have any style it wants?

#516 5 years ago

Is there a way to see how many hours you've logged This game's UI and menus are pretty confusing.

I kind of wish games had 2 percentage indicators, one for story and the other for everything total. Most games use the latter so you get to the ending around 65%, feels weird.

#528 5 years ago

RE: percentages there's only ever one (in all games) and it's for everything. So you finish the story usually around 65% and the rest is achievements challenges etc. I was saying it'd be nice to have a story meter and a total meter.

It's funny how games journalists and YouTubers spent the last month praising RDR2 while bashing EA/Activision for mictotransactions, completely forgetting that GTA Online has made BILLIONS selling in game cash and items last 5 years. Which is probably how Rockstar could afford to make a game like RDR2 in the first place!

Now same people are shocked "Shocked I say!" to learn they're selling Gold for the online? I swear some people's memory is near non-existent.

#535 5 years ago

Rode into Strawberry, bumped into a guy with my horse, he pulls me off it starts punching, I run away, and suddenly 4 cops shooting at me for unarmed assault and a $2.50 bounty?

Yeesh. This game sometimes...

#543 5 years ago

Another event: Found a guy who wanted to see who could shoot milk bottles the fastest. So I accept the challenge and lose, assuming the $5.00 bet will be deducted automatically like for everything.

I walk away and he's like "Pay me what you owe!" and starts shooting at me. I defend myself and get negative karma.

How I was supposed to know I neeeded to re-engage in dialog to pay the bet?

#547 5 years ago

How do you collect your pre-order bonus horse? I typed in the code for my Amazon War Horse but have no idea where it is.

1 week later
#564 5 years ago

In games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim (and to a lesser extent Fallout 4) you'd wander around and finds LOADS of things to do.

In RDR2 there's very little "emergent gameplay" outside of the main missions. Which are all the same (ride X miles shoot 100 baddies get ambushed on way back)

I found a railroad section being built by Chinese and sure enough the foreman had a quest!... It involved following a guy to a tree and yelling at him. Yahoo.

#566 5 years ago

I've been riding around a lot. Found the Tesla Wardencylfe building too.

So is it true you don't even goto Fake Texas until the epilogue? Which is basically the map from the previous game?

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In chap4 if you interject with the professor preparing for a demonstration in st denis you start the sequence that leads to it actually being used.

Is that the same kooky guy in Annesburg who gives you a book?

#575 5 years ago

OK I did the remote control boat lake thing and met Fake Tesla (after finding his building way up north that I couldn't enter)

Also did the electric chair mission but it glitched - the scientist got stuck on his wagon wheel. I tried loading a save but couldn't watch the execution... So I watched on YouTube.

My biggest takeaway with this game is awe with just how much money it must have cost to develop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.