maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

but almost all my ps4 games are still in the wrappers or half way played then forgotten about.

Same here, i blame that on pinball

Started RDR2 yesterday and made it to valentine. I want to like it really bad but some issues i can see getting in the way, mainly the controls.
Sometimes it feels like doing the same things requires different buttons at times, there is just so much to remember!
It sure looks amazing, going to dig in again tonight

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No offense to the people that dont like the game, but this game is f*cking great.

Lot‘s of negative feedback here, but honestly it seems mostly from people who have played this game little to nothing!

I had my reservations the first few hours (i think the tutorial missions are fantastic, the snow is the most impressive thing i‘ve seen yet in a videogame) mostly because of the controls, but after about 20 hours i can‘t stop playing anymore!
Sounds cheesy but yesterday i was just wandering around for hours taking in the scenery, i found a turtle slowly wandering the shore of a beautiful lake and admired it‘s beauty. I did not have the heart to kill that animal!

Besides i find it fascinating to deepdive in a historic setting so accurately portrayed while playing a game. Gives me the feeling to better understand present american society by experiencing history through this game!

Maybe i’m overthinking but this game is truly special, it evokes emotions and touches me deeply! To master a few control issues and overcome some minor fasttravel chores seems like a very small price to pay for this awesome ride

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't understand the rules of death in the game.

When dying (outside of missions) you loose a certain percentage of your money, depends on how often you died in the last hour of gameplay. I think the first time it‘s either nothing or just 1 percent.

A mechanism to prevent going rampage all the time. You cannot acummulate money as fast as you loose it when dying all the time.

#265 5 years ago

On another note:

I found it incredible helpful to watch some short youtube videos about the game.
There are a lot of small things the game does not explain to you and they make your life so much easier!

Explaining the bounty system, treasure location in the starting area....

Really helpful! Custom loadouts, loosing a legendary pelt...

That game gets methodically disected on reddit and YT

2 weeks later
#367 5 years ago

Just spent half an hour talking and celebrating with the gang in the camp after a crucial mission. The effort they put in purely optional conversations is absolutely insane! People were referencing stuff that happend hours ago, every character is so detailed out in its unique characterisation, i find it breathtaking.
It perfectly fits my playstyle, just slowly meandering through and going with the flow

#373 5 years ago

I feel you! Mine don‘t like me blocking the TV with the ‚Horse-game‘ so it‘s just my sleeptime that suffers

1 week later
#439 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So frustrating after an hour or two of play... to lose it when you think you are perfectly fine so you didn’t save

i know that feeling
perfect pelt stowed on horse means instant manual save for me

2 weeks later
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So I've been playing virtually since launch running around without picking up any premium cig packs because I never use them, and was always full So dozens of hours of exploration that simply walked past so many cards

after crafting the Legend of the east satchel (99 inventory slots) it's pretty easy. spent 15 minutes yesterday shelling out about 400 dollars on premium cigs in valentine store i just discarded all when the inventory was full and bought new ones. got all the missing sets completed

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Been doing a ton of hunting for trapper and satchel upgrades.. but not very organized about it.

me too, i just love to spend time in the wilderness and hunt whatever presents itself, so the satchels all came naturally. with exception of the cougar, i've been tracking that one down for like 3 hours.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2?tu=ben1981 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.