maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

I took Friday off so I can play. Is there any way to get a jump start on any updates / HDR download before Friday? I effin' hate getting home with a game then waiting an hour for the Xbone to install the game and then another 2 hours after that for whatever update was pushed since the disks were created.

#39 5 years ago

Actually, it looks like I answered my own question. From what I'm reading, you can pre-load the download (~100GB) as of last Friday, but the game is locked until 12:01am Friday morning. GameStop is telling me that my pre-order will be ready at 9pm, but that obviously needs to be installed and then the launch day patch most likely applied.

Edit -> Looks like the Microsoft store has the game being released (digitally) at 3am on Friday, but that might be PST?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You might as well get digital. The disc is only a key to download the game anyway. There is no data on the discs anymore. No internet, no game on release day. And once the server's go down, in the future the physical copy is useless to anyone that doesn't own the game already.

That's not true at all. RD2 is actually two separate disks it's so big. I've installed XBone games offline before so I can play a single player game quicker without the day one update. They work just fine. The data is definitely on the disk.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Plus...many people don’t know the feature of “Game Sharing”...PS4 and Xbox have this as a benefit of gold/plus...when you buy digitally you can have the game on two consoles...one for you to play and the other for anyone to play...so I’ve been buying one copy of a game and me and my son have been playing together for years this way...and my other son Game Shares with is brother...so all 4 of us play together with 2 copies of the game...this goes for the dlc as well...!!!... ...............Joey

Wait, back up the truck. How do you go about signing into both consoles at the same time? I have two XBones and was going to set up the second on in the bar, but someone told me you can't do that because you can't sign into both consoles at the same time.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

However, the reviews have convinced me not to pick it up because they all said the same thing "10/10 amazing!

Kind of disappointed, was really looking forward to picking this up.

I might be a little confused since I’ve been playing RD2 and drinking for a few hours, so please bear with me.

But are you saying that you didn’t buy the game because of some 10/10 reviews (after having enjoyed the first one) and are now disappointed?

If so, I’m thinking I should cut back on the booze.....

#153 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to get stuff for your camp? When I enter camp, there are three icons in the upper right. I read somewhere that they are ammunition, food and medicine. The problem is that I can’t figure out how to “fill them up” for lack of a better term. Two of mine are red.

I read that Arthur is in charge of the camp funds, but I can’t seem to figure that out either.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is a lot to do and it takes a while to do anything mostly because of how slow transport is.

You must not have unlocked fast travel yet. It’s a one way ticket out of camp, but it’s something.

Upgrade Dutch’s tent first, then your tent. You’ll find a map on the other side of your wagon for fast travel.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This is frustrating. I would frequently just try to greet people I meet and they get all offended by it and then come at me so what choice do I have. Then you have to sit there and wait for witnesses to pop up and then kill them too. Even after I ride way far away, someone will eventually "witness" the murder miles away and 10 minutes after the fact. Even in fist fights, I'm not trying to kill the guy, but he attacks me, I punch back and then I'm the bad guy for knocking him down which apparently does kill them. It's a slippery slope which shuts down access to a lot of things when it happens because no one wants to talk to you when you are wanted.

Are you sure you’re not hitting the antagonize button by accident?

I am a little skeptical at the distance from which people can see you commit a crime. It seems a little excessive.

#193 5 years ago

The only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the 2.35 : 1 cut scenes. I play in my theater on a 2.35 : 1 screen, so when normally playing the game (16:9), I end up with bars on the left and right. I don't have a problem with that because it's normal with a cinemascope screen. The problem is that when you cut to a 2.35 : 1 scene inside of the native 16:9, I end up using about 2/3 of the 135" screen.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I agree there is a lot of riding around, but try not to rush through the game and I believe you will enjoy it more. Just riding around, enjoying the incredible scenery, maybe there's some deer in the distance? Go hunt it with your bow and save the hide for crafting a satchel upgrade. Take alternate routes, discover mystery strangers in need, etc.

Speaking of hunting, how in the hell do I get a perfect pelt? The best I've been able to do is Good, even when I shoot them in the head.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looks like it has to do with the animal size and weapon you use. Found this chart on reddit...
[quoted image]

Thanks! I was poking around and apparently it also has to do with the quality of the animal. I guess if you look at them before killing them, it shows their quality in the bottom right corner using stars. So it looks like it's a combination of the the gun you use and the animal quality.

I found this picture online.

Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Identify-Animal-Quality (resized).jpgRed-Dead-Redemption-2-Identify-Animal-Quality (resized).jpg

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I thoroughly enjoyed RDR1, but this game sounds like ass.
Brushing horses, hunting varmints, trimming your beard and taking lukewarm baths?
What... no literal chopping wood mini-game, too?

It's funny you say that because, yes, one of the chores at camp (should you choose to do them) is chopping wood.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

1 week later
#344 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Does the trick for RD1 work for taming the white Arabian. This is impossibly frustrating! Spent two hrs trying to catch and tame him!

Yes. Just keep rotating the left stick in circles.

#348 5 years ago

I ran into an unusual glitch yesterday. For some reason my horse had a piece of pelt stuck out to the side. I tried selling everything so he didn't have anything on his back. That didn't work. Then I swapped him out for another horse, but the "wing" followed the horse. I thought it might be the saddle, so I bought another one, which didn't work either. In the end, I had to grab a temporary horse from the stable, blow him up with a stick of dynamite, run back to the stable with my saddle and put it back on my original horse.

What a pain in the butt.

IMG_0391 (resized).JPGIMG_0391 (resized).JPG

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank God for dynamite eh?

I was going to shoot the horse, but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried running him until his stamina core was completely drained, which just resulted in him bucking me off, so I had to resort to the dynamite.

Quoted from jester523:

Yeah, I've had a few things I considered weird. I walked by two people at a campsite, they asked to go away and then unprovoked shot at me. I killed them, and then I looted them, and it lowered my honor or whatever it is. So...I can kill "enemies" and loot them and it's fine, but if I kill people in self defense then no?
I also accidentally picked up a dead guy in town that someone else killed. When I put him down, I was wanted, lol. It's weird, but otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

I've run into that before as well. If you do the Left Trigger / X (Diffuse) and then ride away you're normally fine. But if you don't say anything and linger, they typically open up on you.

As for looting, I seem to be able to get away looting anyone that doesn't say "Stranger". When you go to loot, if you see "Stranger", it drops your Honor. You also have to be careful with stumbling on old crime scenes. I was just nosing around some dead bodies I ran across and all of a sudden boom, "Wanted - Murder" showed up. I hadn't killed anyone, but I guess since I was the one standing next to the dead bodies, the witness was going to say I did it.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If there is a specific witness that saw you, you have the chance to chase them down as a red dot on the map.

Have you been successful in threatening them? I've tried chasing them down and firing my gun in the air or hitting the threaten button, but they just keep running away. Normally I end up having to shoot them in the back of the head.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

It perfectly fits my playstyle, just slowly meandering through and going with the flow

Mine too. I find my self just roaming around hunting, fishing and exploring the map.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My son is too young to play that type of game so willing to give the digital code out to someone for $40US.

PM Sent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.