maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 5 years ago

I know this doesn't really belong here but I don't want to post a thread and want to give someone a deal here that is xbox related. I just purcahsed the Xbox One X Gold Rush Special Edition Battlefield™ V Bundle (1TB)one X which comes with the deluxe edition of BAttlefield V game and Battle tank and battlefield revolution. My son is too young to play that type of game so willing to give the digital code out to someone for $40US.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-x/battlefield-v-1tb-se

9720eb2d-46d0-41be-b45a-2d82dcc0e180 (resized).jpg9720eb2d-46d0-41be-b45a-2d82dcc0e180 (resized).jpg
It sold.

#402 5 years ago
46504074_263337980997394_2933988328510324736_n (resized).jpg46504074_263337980997394_2933988328510324736_n (resized).jpg
#403 5 years ago

How does it compare to RDR1?

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

So far really good for me. If you liked RD1 you will like this also.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

RDR2 is the prequel to RDR1. Some of the characters and lore are in the game. RDR1 is part of the map and some of the buildings that were popular in RDR1 are open or under construction. The detail the devs put in the game to keep it in the same "universe" are impressive.

If you liked RDR1, you'll like RDR2.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My son is too young to play that type of game so willing to give the digital code out to someone for $40US.

PM Sent.

#407 5 years ago

Read about a Strange Statues puzzle online, did the quest and got some gold bars! Money problems over!

But right after the quest a man was kidnapping a woman! So I lassoed and fought him. Problem was, the horse ran off with women still hog tied on the back!

I felt bad. I like to think friendly woodland creatures chewed the bonds loose for her.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Was wondering if you drag along another horse for when you go on those big hunts. That way you can carry back the fur and the meat.

Yup you can get three horses following you and stash all the pelts and big game pelts/carcasses. Don’t drag them, just tame a few and they’ll follow.

#409 5 years ago

So glad this thread exists. I’ve been lost for days maxing out my camp, weapons, accessories, etc.

Didn’t do the gold bar glitch coz I didn’t want to ruin the game.

Done all the treasure hunts, done most of the challenges, caught all legendary animals I can except the ones that are unlocked later.

Only up to chapter 4 and now it’s forcing me to do the story because I’ve done everything pretty much I can up to now.

Current bank balance of 2K with about 10 gold bars, a load of gold nuggets and a shit tonne of valuables. I donate the cheaper items and pelts/carcasses l/meat to the camp and keep the expensive stuff for me.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

#410 5 years ago

With horses everyone will prefer one over another but my favourite is the Turkoman. It’s a race/war horse mix so it’s got some speed but doesn’t shit itself too bad in a gunfight. Arabians and the racehorses are shit I reckon coz they run off in a gunfight.

I take my Ardennes horse out when I know shit is kicking off

#411 5 years ago

If this is a tip you all know then sorry I’m late to the party but help anyone you can along the way.

A few have given me one free item in the gunsmith or store for any price for free and had multiple tips on homesteads holding sizeable cash assets/valuables. Enough to bump your money up. I’ve not been under $1000 for a long time now because of it

#412 5 years ago

Oh and a handy tip, if you ever get the infinite loading screen, do this and you’ll be sweet

#413 5 years ago

How do you get your secondary horse at camp to follow? Or even on you tame to follow?

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

How do you get your secondary horse at camp to follow? Or even on you tame to follow?

target them with left trigger.. then I think there is a command option there.

#415 5 years ago

So I finished the epilogue chapters. I guess I now have to find some assholes to play Fallout with me

#416 5 years ago

Yup flynnibus is right and also if you have the horse stand upgrade at camp you can retrieve horses stashed at the stables too. I just get a couple from there, get on my horse and whistle for them and they come. That’s in PS4 though but I’m sure it’s the same on XBox

If you tame a couple in the wild, same thing. Either try the R1/LT or get on your horse and whistle for the tame one to come. Be wary though with tamed wild horses, they’re not as obedient as other horses you might have as they’re only level 1

#417 5 years ago

Thanks. I'll buy the horse stand. I got my first horse ran over by a train. I have the Arabian now. I'll have to get a few extras. Can you just steal people's horses?

#418 5 years ago

Thanks. I'll buy the horse stand. I got my first horse ran over by a train. I have the Arabian now. I'll have to get a few extras. Can you just steal people's horses?

Yeah you can although I’d pick and choose which ones you nick. Easiest ones are the ones hitched up outside saloons. You don’t want to end up with a shit horse. There’s an open stable I found just north outside of Saint Denis. I go there to nick a horse here and there for a hunt. Found an Arabian just chilling there too once. They randomly respawn , but it is a crime so mask up or take care of any witnesses.

Here’s where it is circled in red

340AB375-0B13-4682-AA8A-08005CB7765D (resized).jpeg340AB375-0B13-4682-AA8A-08005CB7765D (resized).jpeg

Also if you lose your horse and it’s one that’s a keeper, just reload from the last auto save and then then your horse will be back.

#419 5 years ago

Thank. I traveled far north and killed some dude fishing and used his horse to carry back a bear pelt

#420 5 years ago

Online rolls out for Ultimate edition owners in about 24 hrs...if you played the game on launch day you’ll be invited to it 24 hrs after the ultimate owners....all others will be invited by the 30th....This is what I’m excited for.... ..............Joey

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Online rolls out for Ultimate edition owners in about 24 hrs...if you played the game on launch day you’ll be invited to it 24 hrs after the ultimate owners....all others will be invited by the 30th....This is what I’m excited for.... ..............Joey

Yeah 2.30am tomorrow (weds) for us here in NZ. Can’t wait

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

How funny will it be when the supplemental online portion of an already beloved game (RDR2) blows away Fallout 76 in terms of scope and features?

The YouTubers are gonna have a field day with this

#423 5 years ago

Trying to get perfect snake skins is a huge pain

#424 5 years ago

South Park cracks me up.

AF9C9522-BD4C-48AE-B7C8-1D740A9A9458 (resized).jpegAF9C9522-BD4C-48AE-B7C8-1D740A9A9458 (resized).jpeg
#425 5 years ago

I’ve watched my teenagers play this. It is like you’re watching a friggin movie. Absolutely amazing. This is something I could see myself really liking.

I actually have been doing some PC gaming more than playing pinball lately. Might try this once the kids are done with it.

#426 5 years ago

Trying to get perfect snake skins is a huge pain

If you’ve made it through Chapter 6, send me a PM. I’ll share a spot with tons of snakes.

You’ll need small game arrows.

#427 5 years ago

I’m currently trying out the Online Beta!

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m currently trying out the Online Beta!

Getting ready to check the online out also, has anyone tried it yet? Pleeeease be fun!

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting ready to check the online out also, has anyone tried it yet? Pleeeease be fun!

Tried getting past the character creation screen where everyone looked like an extra from Deliverance.

#430 5 years ago

Squeal like a pig!!!!!

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If you’ve made it through Chapter 6, send me a PM. I’ll share a spot with tons of snakes.
You’ll need small game arrows.

There are 6 chapters? Damn. I'm just on 3 and I've put probably 40 hours into it. Mostly goofing around

#432 5 years ago

There are 6 chapters? Damn. I'm just on 3 and I've put probably 40 hours into it. Mostly goofing around

Then there's the epilogue

#433 5 years ago

Cool thread...... got that treasure from the statues area. Thanks for the Tip.

Love that game and it brought me back to play video games

Did not play video games for a very very long time so bought a second xbox one.....the x version this time cause my kids basicaly stole my original xbox one from me.

Got a 75 inches LG 4k 2 weeks ago with that xbox x

Did the graphics improved since I last played games......WOW amazing

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Cool thread...... got that treasure from the statues area. Thanks for the Tip.
Love that game and it brought me back to play video games
Did not play video games for a very very long time so bought a second xbox one.....the x version this time cause my kids basicaly stole my original xbox one from me.
Got a 75 inches LG 4k 2 weeks ago with that xbox x
Did the graphics improved since I last played games......WOW amazing

Red Dead 2 on a 75" TV, that is awesome!! Enjoy your new game!

#435 5 years ago

Anybody try the Battle Royale?

#436 5 years ago

What is everyone spending their money on they are broke? I'm in chapter 3 and have thousands of dollars

#437 5 years ago

What is everyone spending their money on they are broke? I'm in chapter 3 and have thousands of dollars

Have you upgraded your camp all the way? Bought all the weapons from the gunsmith?

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Have you upgraded your camp all the way? Bought all the weapons from the gunsmith?

Upgraded all my camp.... and once I did the bank mission I have over 3500 bucks. No need To buy guns... you get them in the missions or in houses.

What is killing me is trying to upgrade the satchels. I swear deer and elk are cursed for me. I finally get a good elk.. and it never fails somehow, randomly a big ass attack falls on me and I die. This time I was looking for beavers along the river near black water.... and all of a sudden like 10 baddies spot me and mow me down before I can even get up the bank of the river. So frustrating after an hour or two of play... to lose it when you think you are perfectly fine so you didn’t save

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So frustrating after an hour or two of play... to lose it when you think you are perfectly fine so you didn’t save

i know that feeling
perfect pelt stowed on horse means instant manual save for me

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Upgraded all my camp.... and once I did the bank mission I have over 3500 bucks. No need To buy guns... you get them in the missions or in houses.
What is killing me is trying to upgrade the satchels. I swear deer and elk are cursed for me. I finally get a good elk.. and it never fails somehow, randomly a big ass attack falls on me and I die. This time I was looking for beavers along the river near black water.... and all of a sudden like 10 baddies spot me and mow me down before I can even get up the bank of the river. So frustrating after an hour or two of play... to lose it when you think you are perfectly fine so you didn’t save

Yeah I'm up against the same. I've bought pretty much everything I can in the game and have cash, but to be fair I continuously rob people and houses.

#441 5 years ago

I just got to Chapter 3 last night.

It's confusing when Dead Eye upgrades itself to manual tagging. It didn't tell me this right away so for a while I thought Dead Eye was broken!

Also kind of funny how you kill dozens of lawmen in Valentin and the bounty is only $60. Seems like they give you a deal when the story demands bloodshed.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I just got to Chapter 3 last night.
It's confusing when Dead Eye upgrades itself to manual tagging. It didn't tell me this right away so for a while I thought Dead Eye was broken!
Also kind of funny how you kill dozens of lawmen in Valentin and the bounty is only $60. Seems like they give you a deal when the story demands bloodshed.

I had to go online to figure out how to target multiple things in the same dead-eye session (needed for one of the challenges). The reveal of some of the controls is kinda confusing at times. They sure layer a lot of stuff in.

The one that drives me batty is the the fact aim and 'select' are the same thing. So if you don't catch that your weapon is drawn, when you try to select someone to talk to them it points your gun at them which of course immediately sets most NPCs off.

The other one that got me in town was... I was trying to mount my horse, so tapping Y to get him to mount.. and apparently if someone is near by, that's the same thing as jump on and try to strangle someone... So in St Denis quickly I had like 30 police trying to mow me down for just trying to climb on my horse

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah I'm up against the same. I've bought pretty much everything I can in the game and have cash, but to be fair I continuously rob people and houses.

I've literally done nothing but hunt and try to complete challenges for the last week.. I'm still in chapter 3 and trying to avoid advancing. But man, its way harder than it seems to get all the pelts (even to get SOME good crafting going).

While deer seemed to be everywhere in the start.. the problem is those pigs run FOREVER once startled.. and Elk, beaver, etc all seem to be so far from home.

I've easily spent 30hrs hunting lately.. and I've actually gotten more legendary animals lately than the actual animals I'm hunting for!

#444 5 years ago

The best thing you can do if you’re hunting is to craft the buck antler trinket at the fence. You need to find and kill the legendary buck for this.

It awards you a perk that upgrades the pelt quality by one star for future hunts. So, you can take down a two-star, and when you skin it, it’ll be a three-star.

#445 5 years ago

Guess I know what I am doing this evening!!!

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The best thing you can do if you’re hunting is to craft the buck antler trinket at the fence. You need to find and kill the legendary buck for this.
It awards you a perk that upgrades the pelt quality by one star for future hunts. So, you can take down a two-star, and when you skin it, it’ll be a three-star.

I have it, and knew it made it 'easier' to get perfects... but didn't know it would upgrade a 2 star AFTER you spotted it as a 2 star. Thx! I'll give that a try.

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have it, and knew it made it 'easier' to get perfects... but didn't know it would upgrade a 2 star AFTER you spotted it as a 2 star. Thx! I'll give that a try.

It depends how clean your shot is and what weapon you're using, too. Any animal you have to shoot more than once will likely downgrade the pelt to 1-star. For legendary animals, you can go at them with anything, though.

Here's all the trinket perks you can craft at the Fence.

erbgg7yv58v11 (resized).jpgerbgg7yv58v11 (resized).jpg

#448 5 years ago

I assumed it just made 3 stars appear more frequently

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I assumed it just made 3 stars appear more frequently

Ha no it doesn't, but have a look at the compendium. It tells you what the best weapon to kill the animals with. Craft yourself a bunch of small game arrows and always have the varmint rifle and the springfield decked out handy with express or high velocity rounds. When you see a three star medium animal, dead eye and paint the head. Boom, perfect pelt. Same for the smaller stuff with the varmint rifle.

To craft the small game arrows, just blast some flying birds out of the sky. DOesn't matter what star they are, your just after the flight feathers

I've done all the challenges and the legendary animals now and it's bottlenecked to where I have to do the story so I'm up to chapter 5.

Just a tip, when you get to chapter 5, get some hunting done for Iguanas to get the perfect pelt for the satchel. Otherwise when chapter 5 kicks in, you won't get another chance for a long time

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody try the Battle Royale?

Yeah it's shit. Only 8 players and a really small map and we had to take each other out with throwing knives. Thought it was bad so I only did it the once. Whether there's different levels/weapons I don't know

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.