maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank God for dynamite eh?

I was going to shoot the horse, but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried running him until his stamina core was completely drained, which just resulted in him bucking me off, so I had to resort to the dynamite.

Quoted from jester523:

Yeah, I've had a few things I considered weird. I walked by two people at a campsite, they asked to go away and then unprovoked shot at me. I killed them, and then I looted them, and it lowered my honor or whatever it is. So...I can kill "enemies" and loot them and it's fine, but if I kill people in self defense then no?
I also accidentally picked up a dead guy in town that someone else killed. When I put him down, I was wanted, lol. It's weird, but otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

I've run into that before as well. If you do the Left Trigger / X (Diffuse) and then ride away you're normally fine. But if you don't say anything and linger, they typically open up on you.

As for looting, I seem to be able to get away looting anyone that doesn't say "Stranger". When you go to loot, if you see "Stranger", it drops your Honor. You also have to be careful with stumbling on old crime scenes. I was just nosing around some dead bodies I ran across and all of a sudden boom, "Wanted - Murder" showed up. I hadn't killed anyone, but I guess since I was the one standing next to the dead bodies, the witness was going to say I did it.

#352 5 years ago

Make sure to wear your bandana too when you rob people and kill them.

I think this is what I've learned about the wanted system..... It may or may not be 100% correct but this seems to work for me.

The wanted icon doesn't automatically mean they've figured out who you are. If there is a specific witness that saw you, you have the chance to chase them down as a red dot on the map. If there is no specific witness, lawmen will spawn in the area and start coming toward the crime scene. You have to get away from them without being spotted, and then the wanted meter will start to drain and go away.

I've escaped 90% of my wanted crimes by just finishing the job and getting out of there, while wearing my bandana.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If there is a specific witness that saw you, you have the chance to chase them down as a red dot on the map.

Have you been successful in threatening them? I've tried chasing them down and firing my gun in the air or hitting the threaten button, but they just keep running away. Normally I end up having to shoot them in the back of the head.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Have you been successful in threatening them? I've tried chasing them down and firing my gun in the air or hitting the threaten button, but they just keep running away. Normally I end up having to shoot them in the back of the head.

Yeah, a couple of times. I think one time i had to keep beating them until they decided not to tell. You gotta jump off your horse and take them to the ground or fist fight with them.

I've lasso'd them as well.

#356 5 years ago

Saw a YouTube video saying there's a bank job early on that solves all the money problems.

How does one reach this? I'd like to pay off my bounties so I don't get ambushed every 5 minutes.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Saw a YouTube video saying there's a bank job early on that solves all the money problems.
How does one reach this? I'd like to pay off my bounties so I don't get ambushed every 5 minutes.

No doubt. Ive got about 600-700 in bounties i want to pay also but i dont have the money.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

No doubt. Ive got about 600-700 in bounties i want to pay also but i dont have the money.

This puzzle will get you $1500.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There's also an unlimited gold glitch if you don't feel like sweating $ in the game (just don't pick up the pamphlet in the chest, that kills the glitch).

#360 5 years ago

I’m on chapter 3 and so far the game is just ok. Kinda frickin dumb and not very enjoyable cause most of the game is just cinematic BS instead of actually playing. Gone are the days of good gaming, I’d rather be controlling the action instead of great graphics. O well, I prefer pinball anyways!

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m on chapter 3 and so far the game is just ok. Kinda frickin dumb and not very enjoyable cause most of the game is just cinematic BS instead of actually playing. Gone are the days of good gaming, I’d rather be controlling the action instead of great graphics. O well, I prefer pinball anyways!

Games are definitely changing but therenare still alot of games that are non stop action out there. This just happens to be one of those games that is story driven. I am loving it so far and i enjoy watching the cut scenes.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I kind of felt this way through the first half, but the story picks up soon. It was hard to stop playing it at a point.

#363 5 years ago

I really want to dive into this game but I get bored after an hour or so each time I play it.

Seems these days if you make a movie or game "pretty" enough it will get unending praise.... kind of like pinball machines!

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You should be able to shout at them to stop once you get close enough... then threaten them. Some will comply... some will not.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just put all your money into goods or the camp... then go into town and surrender when the lawmen approach you. Spend the night in jail, and the bounty clears

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Stop running yellow mission to yellow mission... if you've progressed that far without doing much you aren't doing enough of the side missions or hunting etc.

#367 5 years ago

Just spent half an hour talking and celebrating with the gang in the camp after a crucial mission. The effort they put in purely optional conversations is absolutely insane! People were referencing stuff that happend hours ago, every character is so detailed out in its unique characterisation, i find it breathtaking.
It perfectly fits my playstyle, just slowly meandering through and going with the flow

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I kind of felt this way through the first half, but the story picks up soon. It was hard to stop playing it at a point.

Especially when you discover that vampire nudist colony!

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just put all your money into goods or the camp... then go into town and surrender when the lawmen approach you. Spend the night in jail, and the bounty clears

Tried that and was successful in one state. Tried in another and Dutch busts me out of jail and I'm even more wanted there!

But at least it cleared one state for me. Makes roaming more fun.

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

It perfectly fits my playstyle, just slowly meandering through and going with the flow

Mine too. I find my self just roaming around hunting, fishing and exploring the map.

#371 5 years ago

Well I finally beat the game and epilogue, forgot to check my hours but it's a bunch

Now to go back and meander around some more!

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Well I finally beat the game and epilogue, forgot to check my hours but it's a bunch

Wow. So, did you just take a week off of work? LOL. I'm enjoying the game, but on track for completion like 5 years from now. Damn kids!!!

#373 5 years ago

I feel you! Mine don‘t like me blocking the TV with the ‚Horse-game‘ so it‘s just my sleeptime that suffers

#374 5 years ago

I thought the Arabian was pretty easy to tame.

Also I dick around for hours between missions and always have plenty of cash. Fencing watches, rings, etc is lucrative

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Wow. So, did you just take a week off of work? LOL. I'm enjoying the game, but on track for completion like 5 years from now. Damn kids!!!

I did have 1 day off work Mostly nights and some weekends, I've been playing since it came out so almost 4 weeks now.

#376 5 years ago

I completed the game story and am still thoroughly enjoying it. There's a lot to explore, and I keep finding more hidden and weird stuff that's unexpected. The challenges are fun to chase and can be very difficult.

If you feel like you're just in a movie, try tracking down some treasure maps, getting all the legendary animals, crafting up perks at the Fence store, and running through the challenges. The challenge completions also build up your health, stamina, and dead eye max levels and unlock gear that boosts your player at the Trapper.

Hunting and crafting is cool, too. Explosive and incendiary shotgun shells are something to see!

Press left on the d-pad for all the extra side missions and challenges. There's a lot going on outside of the story, which does pick up in the later chapters.

#377 5 years ago

Ive been playing it every day since it came out and Im still far from the end.

Now Im away for the week with no tv and wish more than ever that the game got released on the Switch !

#378 5 years ago

Did any of you guys do the gold bar multiplying cheat? I did this and it kind of soured this great game for me. If you havent tried the hack, dont do it. Rockstar as usual has put out a real gem.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stop running yellow mission to yellow mission... if you've progressed that far without doing much you aren't doing enough of the side missions or hunting etc.

The side missions are kind of boring and pointless though for the most part. I did some for little reward, not really worth it. I have a hard enough time just making it through all the main missions, I'm in chapter 4 now.

All the missions are kind of the same:
A character has a brilliant idea to make lots of money, rescue, or steal something
They embark on the mission, every is going smooth
Things suddenly go horribly wrong
They make some money but far less than the were hoping most of the time
Repeat over and over

It's like the Harry Potter movies, where everyone hates harry, a mysterious evil person shows up, harry gets in trouble but then the evil person is actually good and helps save the day and people like harry again, but everyone hates him by the next movie to repeat the cycle 7 times.

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The side missions are kind of boring and pointless though for the most part. I did some for little reward, not really worth it. I have a hard enough time just making it through all the main missions, I'm in chapter 4 now.
A character has a brilliant idea to make lots of money, rescue, or steal something
Repeat over and over
It's like the Harry Potter movies, where everyone hates harry, a mysterious evil person shows up, harry gets in trouble but then the evil person is actually good and helps save the day and people like harry again, but everyone hates him by the next movie to repeat the cycle 7 times.

Are you telling me that Dutch has a plan???

#381 5 years ago

Finished the game but missed a few trophies... one of which I will need to restart the game from the beginning to complete....

There is a bug that screws up the side quests from members in your camp and you won't be able to complete their missions in Chapter 2 and 3. This happens when you fail the mission “Polite Society, Valentine Style” and restart from check point. You need to restart from the beginning (if you die) in order to not activate the bug.... UGH. The NPCs will show up later on in Chapter 4 but you won't be able to complete their side quests.

Just a heads up for people that aren't that far into the game.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I thought the Arabian was pretty easy to tame.
Also I dick around for hours between missions and always have plenty of cash. Fencing watches, rings, etc is lucrative

I was having trouble, but I found a technique that worked for me. Tried to break him, got bucked off. He ran off, so I shot him. Revived him and then I was able to try a few more times without him running away, I guess because he was so weak from just being dead? Anyway it worked.

I've just been goofing with the game and not doing many missions. I'm finding that fun. Just kind of riding around experiencing the world.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I was having trouble, but I found a technique that worked for me. Tried to break him, got bucked off. He ran off, so I shot him. Revived him and then I was able to try a few more times without him running away, I guess because he was so weak from just being dead? Anyway it worked.
I've just been goofing with the game and not doing many missions. I'm finding that fun. Just kind of riding around experiencing the world.

I gave up on taming horses after realizing I suck at it and end up shooting them but I’m quite good at making money so I spent 1000 on one !

#384 5 years ago

I caught 2 wild horses last night! They're not worth much though.

Still in Chapter 2. When do I start making real money? Heard there's a bank robbery at some point?

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Repeat over and over

uhh... except for getting the items that help you later. Or getting those legendary upgrades... or improving what you can carry, fight with, etc.

In games like these the 'expanse' part is not just about the story, but farming and improving your character.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still in Chapter 2. When do I start making real money? Heard there's a bank robbery at some point?

horse business sucks... wagons aren't much better.

Fencing items looted off characters is good money for just floating around. Bounties are decent money to collect. I used to work just to get a few hundred, but lately have gotten quests in chapter 3 that just really opened up the cashflow and I've upgraded everything in camp and bought basically everything I can.

Don't buy guns.. most can be given to you, found, or paid for by a NPC you saved.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm on chapter 2, so no money yet either from missions, but there are a few treasure maps available which lead to 500 to 1500 in gold bars.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

uhh... except for getting the items that help you later. Or getting those legendary upgrades... or improving what you can carry, fight with, etc.
In games like these the 'expanse' part is not just about the story, but farming and improving your character.

I have almost zero upgrades and haven't had any trouble completing missions. On normal it isn't that hard. It's not like the witcher 3 where the upgrades are almost required or the game gets really hard.

#389 5 years ago

I just finished the bank robbery. Pretty simple. I am working on getting a better satchel now and some side jobs. Not trying to run through the game. It’s good so far and exspansive. I did catch the Arabian took me awhile but deff worth it. She can really book! Named her Garfunkel

#390 5 years ago

How many chapters are there in the game?

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many chapters are there in the game?

Are you sure you want to know? I would consider that a mild spoiler

#392 5 years ago

Yeah Maybe your right. I'll just keep playing it and I'll know in about 5 years probably lol

#393 5 years ago

I had a race horse prior to getting the legendary horse.. I don't know if it really feels all that different in most stuff.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had a race horse prior to getting the legendary horse.. I don't know if it really feels all that different in most stuff.

It’s definitely a bit faster, and more sturdy, at least compared to the race horse that was the preorder bonus.

#395 5 years ago

I pimp out my guns big time so even if I get one free I spend hundreds on gold plating.
And I agree with Flynn. Selling looted items is much more lucrative that wagons. I just blow away a camp of o'driscals at night and they've got plenty of good stuff on them

#396 5 years ago

I also like to wear around ridiculous hats made from legendary animals. Then when a npc's mocks me I kill and loot them

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Selling looted items is much more lucrative that wagons.

Some of that jewelry can be used to craft perks at the Fence.

I remember the gold earrings and silver earrings were hard to find, so don't sell those!

As a general rule, I don't sell things that have "can be used for crafting" in the description.

#398 5 years ago

I have been working a ton of hours and havent had any time to play Red Dead but i have a 4 day weekend coming and i am going to play alot of this and pinball too, cant wait! I need to try and find my stupid War Horse that disappeared because the one im riding now sucks.

#399 5 years ago

Was wondering if you drag along another horse for when you go on those big hunts. That way you can carry back the fur and the meat.

#400 5 years ago

Who needs the meat? Plenty of deer near camp if you really need some. Otherwise I leave room for pelts

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/8?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.