maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 5 years ago

I've become a victim of the bug where my pre-order bonus horses have died and I am unable to respawn them at the stable.

They say if I keep going in the game that might help clear it up, otherwise they are working on it.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've become a victim of the bug where my pre-order bonus horses have died and I am unable to respawn them at the stable.
They say if I keep going in the game that might help clear it up, otherwise they are working on it.

Ohhh so thats what happened to my War horse huh? Ive been looking for his ass everywhere!

#303 5 years ago

I had a horse and then the mission forced me to pick a horse from the story element... and now my horse seems to be gone Not even setup with a 'temp' horse, I can't see any indicators for my built up horse at all

I'm shocked how fast people are moving through the game. I've been playing a week at least... and still only in chapter two.

#304 5 years ago

Flynn. I had this happen too. Did you try going top a stable? One of the options there is for him to retrieve horse. It was free and worked

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ohhh so thats what happened to my War horse huh? Ive been looking for his ass everywhere!

Unfortunately I am now at the point of showing them screenshots, even though there are a bunch of people having the same issue.

#306 5 years ago

Finished the story. 61 hours total.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm shocked how fast people are moving through the game. I've been playing a week at least... and still only in chapter two.

I think the real beauty of this game is its vastness and wealth of detail. Consequently, I'm in no rush to get through the chapters as I enjoy exploring all the side missions and discovering new features.

#308 5 years ago

Did anyone else catch the super horse (better than either of the preorder horses)? Took me an hour but totally worth it:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/10/31/18048214/best-horse-location-free

My one tip, if you’re like me and haven’t spent any time catching horses, is once you mount up and are breaking the horse, just make circular motions with the left stick instead of trying to match the horses movements. Wish I’d remembered that trick from RDR1, would have saved me a lot of frustration.

#309 5 years ago

You and me both Tuna!!!

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Flynn. I had this happen too. Did you try going top a stable? One of the options there is for him to retrieve horse. It was free and worked

Hrmmm... under managed horses it did not show my named horse. I'll look again

#311 5 years ago

So is this game actually any FUN or just a marvel of technology?

I go into a new state with no bounties, OK cool. Somebody picks a bar fight with me.... WANTED! I flee to the big Saint Denis town. My horse bumps into someone UNARMED ASSAULT!

It feels more like a super strict Demolition Man police state than the Wild West.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I go into a new state with no bounties, OK cool. Somebody picks a bar fight with me.... WANTED! I flee to the big Saint Denis town. My horse bumps into someone UNARMED ASSAULT!
It feels more like a super strict Demolition Man police state than the Wild West.

The game is definitely fun IMO. I have had a couple annoying wanted issues but they haven't detracted from the overall experience.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The game is definitely fun IMO. I have had a couple annoying wanted issues but they haven't detracted from the overall experience.

Whenever you're in town, the speed limit is "trot".

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I really do dislike being put under a bounty for self defense.... anyone know if that can be avoided?

How effective are the marks and hoods in keeping your identity out of the last step of having the bounty assigned to you?

If you want to have fun with a big bounty... go into the post office or whatever in the big city and have a hold out gun fight with police

#315 5 years ago

I will be hunting that white Arabian later today!

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I will be hunting that white Arabian later today!

One other piece of advice, before you head in definitely save your game at the base of the lake so you can easily restart if you spook the horse and lose him. I made the mistake of saving closer to where he appears, and then respawned right next to him every time I re-loaded, so I'd auto-spook him and have to chase him down.

Happy hunting! It is satisfying how much faster the Arabian is.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Finished the story. 61 hours total.

You finish the epilogue too? That’s what I’m on. It’s a good story

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I got attacked by a pendejo who stole my horse and ran away, only option was to shoot him, which I did, and I got a Wanted for self defense. There's no court to plead my case, it's a scandal !

#319 5 years ago

If you get an unexpected (unfair) Wanted rating, just holster your weapon and surrender to the law. You will simply sleep it off in jail, but your Honor rating will actually increase. This may be important to you, if you want to have an Honor rating of 4+ required to trigger an optional mission late in the game (necessary for 100% completion of achievements or trophies).

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

If you get an unexpected (unfair) Wanted rating, just holster your weapon and surrender to the law. You will simply sleep it off in jail, but your Honor rating will actually increase. This may be important to you, if you want to have an Honor rating of 4+ required to trigger an optional mission late in the game (necessary for 100% completion of achievements or trophies).

Do you lose money? I just finished chapter 1. Enjoying the game. I like the relaxed pacing of it, and the graphics are amazing. Looking forward to getting into the story.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

You finish the epilogue too? That’s what I’m on. It’s a good story

Yeah, all done. Doing stranger missions and challenges now.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I laughed at this because it's true. You're allowed to do everything you want except:

no running in camp
no doing missions your own way (they're all paint by numbers)
no riding fast in town
no fighting anyone lawfully (as someone will just run and tell the sheriff anyways)

It's kind of fun 50% of the time and 50% of the time you're just riding to another mission. The sad part about it is that the 50% that isn't fun is that's the part that every other game in the past 10 years has allowed you to fast travel past. Rockstar games have the worst travel system of any game but get a free pass on it for some reason (because people defend it as immersive, lol).

#323 5 years ago

You guys see the Ultra Limited Edition of the game that includes a full size horse controller? Groom your horse, heal it, feed it, inseminate it, keep your hands warm on a snowy mountain...
horse (resized).jpghorse (resized).jpg

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It almost feels like a David Cage (Heavy Rain) kinda game. Press X to do this, then press L, now tap A... Whatever happened to the good old days of bringing whatever car or rocket launcher is best to complete a mission?

Still remember first level of Goldeneye and there's a locked gate. Instead of roaming around to find a key (like games before) you just shoot it off.

Why have we gone backwards from that?

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I laughed at this because it's true. You're allowed to do everything you want except:
no running in camp
no riding fast in town
no fighting anyone lawfully (as someone will just run and tell the sheriff anyways)
It's kind of fun 50% of the time and 50% of the time you're just riding to another mission. The sad part about it is that the 50% that isn't fun is that's the part that every other game in the past 10 years has allowed you to fast travel past. Rockstar games have the worst travel system of any game but get a free pass on it for some reason (because people defend it as immersive, lol).

You can travel fast by upgrading your camp or by taking stage or train.

But much of the discovery is done while traveling

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It almost feels like a David Cage (Heavy Rain) kinda game. Press X to do this, then press L, now tap A... Whatever happened to the good old days of bringing whatever car or rocket launcher is best to complete a mission?
Still remember first level of Goldeneye and there's a locked gate. Instead of roaming around to find a key (like games before) you just shoot it off.

There is a lot of that still here... do a mission at night it’s difeferent than day... time of day. Do you sneak in or shoot your way in... do you risk looting or run...

Some missions are much more of rails, but most have choose your own adventure.

#327 5 years ago

Do I leave my horse behind every time I fast travel using a stagecoach or train?

The dumb idiot will then walk the entire map to get back to me, seriously takes 20 minutes.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Do I leave my horse behind every time I fast travel using a stagecoach or train?
The dumb idiot will then walk the entire map to get back to me, seriously takes 20 minutes.

I still haven't used the stagecoach because every time I want to it's locked out for some reason

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

On some houses that have locked doors, you can blow them in with dynamite.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Your horse will come with you.

If you set a waypoint and go to cinematic mode, the horse will take you to the waypoint automatically. It still takes awhile, but at least you don't have to manage and control the horse. Good opportunity to grab a beer or get some snacks.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ive never heard anyone call a horse a dumb idiot before.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I knew a guy who grew up on a horse farm and he'd often call them worse. The horses in this game are apparently pretty damn smart though to be able to navigate long distances on their own like they do.

On a side note, one of the worst regrets I've had playing this game so far is when I accidentally punched my horse in the face.

#333 5 years ago

I accidentally shot the owner of the movie theatre, hitting the wrong button to buy a ticket.

The guy is immortal ! He resurrected, didnt say a thing and I didnt get a Wanted !

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's not a real horse.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's not a real horse.

That's true, but how come i always feel bad when i punch one by accident?? lol

#336 5 years ago

I knew a guy who grew up on a horse farm and he'd often call them worse. The horses in this game are apparently pretty damn smart though to be able to navigate long distances on their own like they do.

Except for when you want to ride off road and they steer right into a rock

#337 5 years ago

How does the game play on an original Xbox one hooked to a LG 4K OLED? How about original Xbox one in general?

Having just bought a switch I’m having a hard time justifying an XBOX ONE X at the moment...

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

How does the game play on an original Xbox one hooked to a LG 4K OLED? How about original Xbox one in general?
Having just bought a switch I’m having a hard time justifying an XBOX ONE X at the moment...

It should play just fine and look great. I just have a regular PS4 and it plays and looks great.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

It plays fine on xbox one.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

I still haven't used the stagecoach because every time I want to it's locked out for some reason

Time of day, mid-mission, or if you are wanted.

Often during a main mission, vendors,etc will be locked out.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

It looks awesome on the original, but I get a very noticeable frame rate drop when I'm in the towns.

If I had a nice 4K TV, I'd upgrade to the X. Not necessarily for this game, but a lot of games have been enhanced for the X.

#342 5 years ago

I think the law enforcement portion of the game is terrible.

I got pick pocketed of $500 in Saint Denis. Chased the guy down, hog tied him, then had about 20 law officers shooting me trying to get away. Accidentally shot my Arabian horse. So incredibly frustrating!

#343 5 years ago

Does the trick for RD1 work for taming the white Arabian. This is impossibly frustrating! Spent two hrs trying to catch and tame him!

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Does the trick for RD1 work for taming the white Arabian. This is impossibly frustrating! Spent two hrs trying to catch and tame him!

Yes. Just keep rotating the left stick in circles.

#345 5 years ago

I had an interesting encounter this morning...

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had an interesting encounter this morning...
[quoted image]

Lol WTF???

#347 5 years ago

I got the horse too, thanks!

#348 5 years ago

I ran into an unusual glitch yesterday. For some reason my horse had a piece of pelt stuck out to the side. I tried selling everything so he didn't have anything on his back. That didn't work. Then I swapped him out for another horse, but the "wing" followed the horse. I thought it might be the saddle, so I bought another one, which didn't work either. In the end, I had to grab a temporary horse from the stable, blow him up with a stick of dynamite, run back to the stable with my saddle and put it back on my original horse.

What a pain in the butt.

IMG_0391 (resized).JPGIMG_0391 (resized).JPG

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

In the end, I had to grab a temporary horse from the stable, blow him up with a stick of dynamite, run back to the stable with my saddle and put it back on my original horse. What a pain in the butt. [quoted image]

Thank God for dynamite eh?

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I think the law enforcement portion of the game is terrible.
I got pick pocketed of $500 in Saint Denis. Chased the guy down, hog tied him, then had about 20 law officers shooting me trying to get away. Accidentally shot my Arabian horse. So incredibly frustrating!

Yeah, I've had a few things I considered weird. I walked by two people at a campsite, they asked to go away and then unprovoked shot at me. I killed them, and then I looted them, and it lowered my honor or whatever it is. So...I can kill "enemies" and loot them and it's fine, but if I kill people in self defense then no?

I also accidentally picked up a dead guy in town that someone else killed. When I put him down, I was wanted, lol. It's weird, but otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/7?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.