maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 5 years ago

I am maybe 3hrs in and agree it's not a masterpiece. Wondering how the online play will be. Better get used to the overbearing controls or I might end up killing a partner on a ride along!

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Wondering how the online play will be.

Same here, I am hoping robbing some trains and stuff with buddies will be a lot of fun.

I'd love to see raid style missions where you need a whole posse of players.

#253 5 years ago

The haters don't surprise me that much because I've always considered myself slightly the odd man out but I think this game is spot on for what it should be. I totally dig myself some Fallout and Borderlands. This game fits right in with it's own angle of humor, action and slowness. I have no real complaints with it.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

About 10-15 hours into RDR2, and there is no doubt in my mind that Spiderman is a much better game.
RDR2 has some really neat things that keep me just interested enough not to abandon it, but it's not worthy of the 10/10.

I'm going to be playing Spiderman as soon as my son gets done playing it. He loves it.

#255 5 years ago

Well just shot my horse on accident!

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Well just shot my horse on accident!

I just spent 1/2 hour riding around collecting debt from 3 people, lol. Recommend not doing that mission if possible. At least it's not a follow mission.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I just spent 1/2 hour riding around collecting debt from 3 people, lol. Recommend not doing that mission if possible. At least it's not a follow mission.

I think that mission allows you to upgrade your camp through the ledger. If you upgrade Arthur’s area, it’ll unlock fast travel (only from the camp though). You’ll need some cash for the upgrades.

You have awhile to go in the game.

#258 5 years ago

I think the game starts slowly so you get used to the controls. I have also accidentally hit r2 and blasted off my gun when I didn't want to.
I think you need to play longer than a few hours to decide if you like it or not

#259 5 years ago

I did the gold cheat were you can get pretty much infinite gold bars - was pretty darn easy. Now money is no issue for me. I know some people think this will ruin some of the fun of the game, but I think I will enjoy the game even more now No more worrying about paying off bounties!

#260 5 years ago

Don’t Fast Travel In ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’
Rockstar's cowboy simulator is slow, big, and rewarding—don't skip the best parts with fast travel.

https://apple.news/Aj8TzhEUsQUKGCFJgemj6Aw

#261 5 years ago

I did the mission where the captured O'Driscoll boy leads you to their camp. You kill em all and find like $600 in the chimney.

As I was leaving the feds show up and kill me. Does that mean I lost the money I found?

I don't understand the rules of death in the game.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I did the mission where the captured O'Driscoll boy leads you to their camp. You kill em all and find like $600 in the chimney.
As I was leaving the feds show up and kill me. Does that mean I lost the money I found?

I'm not sure. That mission was confusing since I thought I would get $600 in my wallet or $600 in the camp fund and I got neither...I don't know where the money went.

I will say that missions after you get past the initial ones seem to get a little better. Still riding way too far, but less talking/riding forever now.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I’m pretty sure you keep your money. As far as I can tell, when you die, it depletes your health and removes whatever game/pelts your horse was carrying.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When dying (outside of missions) you loose a certain percentage of your money, depends on how often you died in the last hour of gameplay. I think the first time it‘s either nothing or just 1 percent.

A mechanism to prevent going rampage all the time. You cannot acummulate money as fast as you loose it when dying all the time.

#265 5 years ago

On another note:

I found it incredible helpful to watch some short youtube videos about the game.
There are a lot of small things the game does not explain to you and they make your life so much easier!

Explaining the bounty system, treasure location in the starting area....

Really helpful! Custom loadouts, loosing a legendary pelt...

That game gets methodically disected on reddit and YT

#266 5 years ago

I just played dominos for 30 minutes

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm not sure. That mission was confusing since I thought I would get $600 in my wallet or $600 in the camp fund and I got neither...I don't know where the money went.
I will say that missions after you get past the initial ones seem to get a little better. Still riding way too far, but less talking/riding forever now.

And you didn't get killed right after the mission like I did? You picked up $600 but it appeared nowhere?

Maybe it was Confederate bills

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And you didn't get killed right after the mission like I did? You picked up $600 but it appeared nowhere?
Maybe it was Confederate bills

Nope, didn't get killed afterwards. I just headed back to camp and when I got there the total between me and the camp was only $300 or so.

#269 5 years ago

I don't play a ton of video games, but really got into Skyrim and Last of Us. Curious how you guys think RDR2 compare to those? This game has me intrigued.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I don't play a ton of video games, but really got into Skyrim and Last of Us. Curious how you guys think RDR2 compare to those? This game has me intrigued.

If you like skyrim you'll probably love this. It's all the endless traveling with an actual story.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

If you like skyrim you'll probably love this. It's all the endless traveling with an actual story.

Yeah, this is Skyrim in the old west basically. I loved Skyrim too.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yeah, this is Skyrim in the old west basically. I loved Skyrim too.

I actually didn't like skyrim that much. I hate the auto leveling of enemies. It makes leveling up pointless. I did play it till close to the end before getting stuck.

#273 5 years ago

Ive been working alot of hours and havent had a chance to play Red Dead the last few days but im going to get a couple of missions in before work tonight no matter what.

#274 5 years ago

I'm really enjoying the Legendary hunting (to get the perks) and leveling through the hunting challenges. I almost enjoy that more than the story modes.

Some of the perks are well worth it.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm really enjoying the Legendary hunting (to get the perks) and leveling through the hunting challenges. I almost enjoy that more than the story modes.
Some of the perks are well worth it.

Is that just in the challenges or what?

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is that just in the challenges or what?

There's a bunch of legendary animals in the game. If you can find them and hunt them, go to a "Fence" shop and buy the perk using the parts from the legendary animals. Some perks are really good and will help you survive and do better in the game. You can also get really awesome looking gear from the trapper after successfully hunting legendary animals.

I won't post here due for spoilers, but you can google the general locations. A couple of the animals are part of the story and won't be unlocked until you get to that point.

The hunting challenges are different and just require doing certain tasks to level up. The final challenge is a legendary animal.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

There's a bunch of legendary animals in the game. If you can find them and hunt them, go to a "Fence" shop and buy the perk using the parts from the legendary animals. Some perks are really good and will help you survive and do better in the game. You can also get really awesome looking gear from the trapper after successfully hunting legendary animals.
I won't post here due for spoilers, but you can google the general locations. A couple of the animals are part of the story and won't be unlocked until you get to that point.
The hunting challenges are different and just require doing certain tasks to level up. The final challenge is a legendary animal.

Nice, thanks for the info. Im going to pass this on to a friend of mine who loves hunting.

#278 5 years ago

That $600 disappeared on me too.

Are there legendary animal maps?

I lost my damn hat and had to buy a new one!

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That $600 disappeared on me too.
Are there legendary animal maps?
I lost my damn hat and had to buy a new one!

Map: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rx8po/list_of_legendary_animal_locations_official_guide/#ampf=undefined

The legendary bull gator and panther aren’t available until later in the game.

You can get your hat back from the horse item menu. There’s also an awesome bear hat at the trapper if you were able to kill the legendary bear at the beginning of the game.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

There’s also an awesome bear hat at the trapper if you were able to kill the legendary bear at the beginning of the game.

I started that one last night but just got the new horse and had to go to bed. Will finish today, hopefully get me a new hat. This bowler i stole of a guy sucks!!

#281 5 years ago

I'm running into an issue where there's nothing to do. I have a $300 bounty in the area where the je icon is, and I can't afford to pay it. I don't have any more bounty missions to do either. Not sure what to do here.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm running into an issue where there's nothing to do. I have a $300 bounty in the area where the je icon is, and I can't afford to pay it. I don't have any more bounty missions to do either. Not sure what to do here.

Start robbing wagons and people.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Put all of your money in the community box, then go to town and turn yourself in. You'll go to jail, then everything will be clear afterwards.

If you don't put your money in the community box, the sheriff will take it all.

#284 5 years ago

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/1/18051994/red-dead-redemption-2-glitch-rhodes-road-fire-horse

"Red Dead Redemption 2 players find cursed road that always sets horses on fire"

#285 5 years ago

Do the gold glitch and it makes it nice to have all the cash and more fun to me.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Start robbing wagons and people.

#287 5 years ago

I finally made it to the JE area without dying, never could figure out how to turn myself in because the area was along the river. Finished that mission, so at least I have another mission to do now. I always thought there were a bunch of missions simultaneously in the first game, weird that they're so sparse currently.

#288 5 years ago

I spent some time on the game over the weekend and just finished the main story tonight. I still have the epilogue chapters.

The story definitely gets better and picks up. It was really enjoyable during Chapter 5 and 6. Great game despite some of the control quirks.

With all the hype around this game, I wonder if there'll ever be a Red Dead Redemption pin or a newer western themed pin? There aren't many out there.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I spent some time on the game over the weekend and just finished the main story tonight. I still have the epilogue chapters.
The story definitely gets better and picks up. It was really enjoyable during Chapter 5 and 6. Great game despite some of the control quirks.
With all the hype around this game, I wonder if there'll ever be a Red Dead Redemption pin or a newer western themed pin? There aren't many out there.

Wow you finished the story huh? How many hours did it take you to complete it?

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow you finished the story huh? How many hours did it take you to complete it?

I still have two epilogue chapters to really finish, but the main story is done. Game story says 75%. Not sure on hours, maybe 50?

I’ve been staying up too late and drinking too much whiskey. Starting to talk like an outlaw.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I’ve been staying up too late and drinking too much whiskey. Starting to talk like an outlaw.

Lol thats pretty funny. So 50 plus hours to complete the story huh? Thats pretty awesome and we are getting our moneys worth looks like out of this one. Are you going to work on the challenges now and try to complete those also?

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It feels like it's picking up for me as well. There are definitely some money bugs in the game with missions, it doesn't seem like the camp portion ever gets deposited. Still way too much pointless riding for missions, if it had the Witcher travel system it would make the game twice as enjoyable (and probably be beatable in 25 hours instead of 50).

#293 5 years ago

When is the online coming out? Has there been a date set yet?

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just like everyone else in Wyoming

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When is the online coming out? Has there been a date set yet?

No date announced...But it’s some time this month (November)............Joey

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Just like everyone else in Wyoming

There's still quite a few people around that do talk like Arthur. Funny.

I also like the regions that reference Wyoming in the game. The mountains north of Valentine somewhat resemble the Tetons, Wapiti is an area of Wyoming just East of Yellowstone, the geysers are very Yellowstone, and there's reference to "those boys from Laramie". I went to school in Laramie. A lot of the scenery is reminiscent of the state. It's kind of cool.

#297 5 years ago

Some folks take this game too far...

c6a1e2 (resized).jpegc6a1e2 (resized).jpeg
#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Some folks take this game too far...
[quoted image]

Lol that's pretty funny

#299 5 years ago

A couple generic tips for those early in the story (not that anyone's asking). I wish I did these things.

* Create saves often, at least every chapter! As the story progresses, you can't exactly go back for some things.
* Upgrade your satchel early through leather crafting at your camp. Eventually, as the story changes, you can't really upgrade later. The default satchel limits how much you can carry from looting, buying, and hunting. Upgrades will let you collect and pick up more things.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

But you are still enjoying it and playing it, so that means its a good game and its flaws aren’t that big of a deal.

I did say it's a great game and I do enjoy playing it. There are a lot of great games that have some major and annoying flaws, all the games from Fumito Ueda typically. What sets RDR2 apart is that with the pile of money they've put on the table, it's a real bummer to fumble on controls consistency which is a base line of gaming.

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/6?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.