maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 5 years ago

Looking forward to it but waiting a few months, still have God of War to complete, playing C Wolfenstein on the PC Old Blood. If you start too many games at the same time nothing ever gets finished.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Now i gotta decide if im getting a physical copy or digital download. If it was GTA it would be digital download all the way but not so sure about this game because i dont know if the online will be good or not. I only buy digital download if its a keeper for years or maybe if a game is really cheap like on black friday.
I prefer digital download but if i play the story and dont like the online id trade the game in after i beat it on something else. This game though having a 60 hour campaign will take me like 5 years to complete it probably. Its also getting a little embarrassing standing in line at Gamestop at midnight at 53 years old for a video game.

You might as well get digital. The disc is only a key to download the game anyway. There is no data on the discs anymore. No internet, no game on release day. And once the server's go down, in the future the physical copy is useless to anyone that doesn't own the game already.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

You might as well get digital. The disc is only a key to download the game anyway. There is no data on the discs anymore. No internet, no game on release day. And once the server's go down, in the future the physical copy is useless to anyone that doesn't own the game already.

I like the convenience of digital download but i only buy games that way if its a game like GTA or Diablo 3 etc that i know i will play for years to come or if i can get a game cheap like say on black friday.

If its a game that i will beat the story and nit play it again i get a physical copy so i can sell it and get some money back to put toward another game. I think Red Dead will be a game like GTA that i will play for a long time but i really dont know if it will be fun enough online or not. The last one wasnt very fun online i didn't think. Thats why i dont know if i will get it digital download or not. I dont generally go back and play games again that i beat.

Decisions decisions.....

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

That's not true at all. RD2 is actually two separate disks it's so big. I've installed XBone games offline before so I can play a single player game quicker without the day one update. They work just fine. The data is definitely on the disk.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That's not true at all. RD2 is actually two separate disks it's so big. I've installed XBone games offline before so I can play a single player game quicker without the day one update. They work just fine. The data is definitely on the disk.

Yeah, having the disks will definitely cut down on download time which helps a ton for people with slower internet connections. With a 100mbps connection it took me 3-4 hours to download and install the preload last night on the PS4. There's a good chance that there will be a fairly big day 1 patch for RDR2, as there often is for a lot of AAA games. With a large open world game I wouldn't want to play it without the day 1 patch as it will contain a ton of bug fixes and possibly additional content.

However, sometimes bugs and glitches are amazing, at least from Bethesda, lol. Check out this video showing a pretty hilarious glitch from Skyrim. Credit to GiantBomb.com, my favorite video game website.

#56 5 years ago

Just to let you know, a review Poll has been added guys!

#57 5 years ago

I don't know why I keep buying discs for consoles.

I lost my Horizon Zero Dawn disc when I moved. Pulled it out to watch a Blu-Ray and not sure where I set it. So now I can't play it. But even if my PS4 exploded, I could always re-download a purchase.

I'd be really shocked if the next gen of consoles have discs at all. If you've got any GameStop stock dump it fast before they Blockbuster out.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't know why I keep buying discs for consoles.
I lost my Horizon Zero Dawn disc when I moved.

Plus...many people don’t know the feature of “Game Sharing”...PS4 and Xbox have this as a benefit of gold/plus...when you buy digitally you can have the game on two consoles...one for you to play and the other for anyone to play...so I’ve been buying one copy of a game and me and my son have been playing together for years this way...and my other son Game Shares with is brother...so all 4 of us play together with 2 copies of the game...this goes for the dlc as well...!!!... ...............Joey

#59 5 years ago

You and Jonesy could have been doing this the whole time Benny boy...!...........Joey....ps even the 360 has it.....!!!

#60 5 years ago

I preordered the full collectors edition.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Plus...many people don’t know the feature of “Game Sharing”...PS4 and Xbox have this as a benefit of gold/plus...when you buy digitally you can have the game on two consoles...one for you to play and the other for anyone to play...so I’ve been buying one copy of a game and me and my son have been playing together for years this way...and my other son Game Shares with is brother...so all 4 of us play together with 2 copies of the game...this goes for the dlc as well...!!!... ...............Joey

Wait, back up the truck. How do you go about signing into both consoles at the same time? I have two XBones and was going to set up the second on in the bar, but someone told me you can't do that because you can't sign into both consoles at the same time.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

As always - i will buy it and then play World of Tanks instead.....

I’ll buy it and play Pinball Arcade instead. But I mainly buy these great games as a tip to Rockstar for continuing to make and stretch the boundaries of gaming. For that alone, even if I get 3 hours on this game, they deserve my money.

Outlaws 4 Life!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, back up the truck. How do you go about signing into both consoles at the same time? I have two XBones and was going to set up the second on in the bar, but someone told me you can't do that because you can't sign into both consoles at the same time.

You don’t have to sign in to the other console....anyone can...your profile doesn’t even need to stay on the other console...many YouTube videos...but if you need help I would be more than happy too.... ....(offer goes to anyone...I’d be more than happy to help...it does save a lot of money$$$).........Joey

#64 5 years ago

Haa...I just found this in the basement of Nuketown in the new Call of Duty....pinball must be growing.... ..............Joey

36589464-0895-4EE9-87D6-F93DAD9255BD (resized).jpeg36589464-0895-4EE9-87D6-F93DAD9255BD (resized).jpeg
#65 5 years ago

It took me over a year to beat the first one because I kept getting side-tracked playing the poker games within the game.

#66 5 years ago

@spyderturbo007...so here I am on my Xbox.(signed in as me)...my son pre-ordered Red Dead...so he has it on his and I have it on mine...works with dlc as well...here is the season pass for call of duty since we always get the passes...if fact once you set it up when you buy it on one console...it automatically puts whatever you bought in the “ready to install”on the other console..........Joey

AB71A19C-59B4-4585-B958-08821CC07FD2 (resized).jpegAB71A19C-59B4-4585-B958-08821CC07FD2 (resized).jpegB00121AF-780B-4F7C-B6AF-4DD705013A8D (resized).jpegB00121AF-780B-4F7C-B6AF-4DD705013A8D (resized).jpeg

#67 5 years ago

I haven’t even played the first one, can I get it on PS4? Or I need to fire up the old PS3?

#68 5 years ago

I played the original Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption, and have this preordered for the PS4...should be awesome!
My favorite western is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and Red Dead captures a lot of what the old westerns give you.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I haven’t even played the first one, can I get it on PS4? Or I need to fire up the old PS3?

You might be able to get the first one in the PS store, not sure?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just wondering if anyone besides me is looking forward to October 26th when Red Dead Redemption comes out? I cant wait to play it!
Im pretty sure that this is going to be GOTY!

Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time.

Needless to say, I can't wait to play RDR2!!!

2747 (resized).JPG2747 (resized).JPG2770 (resized).JPG2770 (resized).JPG2771 (resized).JPG2771 (resized).JPG
#71 5 years ago

I'm still deciding if i want to grab this on Friday or not. Lots of hype for it.

#72 5 years ago

I loved RDR. Can’t wait to buy this game and then have no time to play it !

Unfortunately it seams like I have moved into game collector mode, with the kids just less time to play. Unless it’s a family friendly game with them.

Bu still pumped up for this game.

Would make a cool pinball theme.

#73 5 years ago

$47 from Amazon AU.

Trailers look great, now just need to set aside time to actually play it.

#74 5 years ago

Ready and waiting!

20181023_231932 (resized).jpg20181023_231932 (resized).jpg
#75 5 years ago

I wonder if it would be worth sharing Playstation IDs.

#76 5 years ago

Mild spoiler about Red Dead Redemption: I was kind of annoyed that after "beating" the game, the remaining missions are raise a kid and fix a marriage.

#77 5 years ago

Found a used copy of the original. It’s hard playing such a dated game, but I’m liking it so far.

#78 5 years ago

Digitally downloaded this one. Figured it would be a long term game with repeatability. I usually buy my games used on disc, then re-sell them after playing through.

Pre-loaded and ready. I think my order said it would be playable for me on 10/25 at 10:00 PM.

#79 5 years ago

Preordered it already downloaded so hopefully it's all ready to play when I get home from work tomorrow night

#80 5 years ago

Well tonight’s the night guys! Im going to play Red Dead and eat pizza all night......it doesn’t get much better than that.

#81 5 years ago

Sounds like an amazing game based on early reviews. The review embargo just lifted at 7am EST, more incoming.

Screenshot_20181025-070414 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181025-070414 (resized).jpg

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like an amazing game based on early reviews. The review embargo just lifted at 7am EST, more incoming.
[quoted image]

Going to be game of the year no doubt about it.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't forget about Spider and God of war.
But it would be an interesting fight this year

#84 5 years ago

I guess it’s so detailed, that when you are in colder regions, your horse’s balls shrink!! Now I’m interested!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I guess it’s so detailed, that when you are in colder regions, your horse’s balls shrink!! Now I’m interested!

Hoping for a cutscene in 4K.

#86 5 years ago

Is there a zombie mode?

#87 5 years ago

I folded and bought the game.

Gonna be hard to follow up Spiderman.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I folded and bought the game.
Gonna be hard to follow up Spiderman.

Spider-Man was good I agree. It still felt a bit limited in experience though. GOW is the one it really needs to compete with IMO

#89 5 years ago

Amazon is delivering Grand Theft Horse tomorrow but we'll be moving our shop so hopefully I don't miss it. Again, why did I get the damn disc, ARGH!

Been enjoying Black Ops Blackout as well.

#90 5 years ago

Preordered for XB1. I got digital because of game sharing with my son. Multiplayer won't be out for a couple of weeks so I will try to get through a bulk of the single player. Don't have time for video games like I used to but I am excited for RD2.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from reggid:

Don't forget about Spider and God of war.
But it would be an interesting fight this year

I haven't played those two games to be fair but i think its going to be tough to beat Red Dead 2 considering how much work has went into it and how huge the game itself is. I cant wait to start playing it tonight, i will be up all night long!

#92 5 years ago

Apparently, the story is 60 hours in length.

It's gonna be a good one.

#93 5 years ago

Not sure how much time I will have to play, but I pre-ordered for Xbox One... soon as I saw the gameplay clips.

I was kind of bummed out by the thought of (mostly) online Fallout so this may be the game for my remainder of 2018.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't played those two games to be fair but i think its going to be tough to beat Red Dead 2 considering how much work has went into it and how huge the game itself is. I cant wait to start playing it tonight, i will be up all night long!

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow night to pull a late night at it. I won't even pick up the disk until tomorrow around lunch time.

My playstation profile isn't hard to figure out... "Wolfmarsh". Make sure you PM me or something here so I know to expect your request if anyone wants to send me one.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s gonna be EPIC!

Initial reviews are in... 97 aggregate score for the PS4 version on MetaCritic across 76 critics’ reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2/critic-reviews

Rockstar always delivers!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I was kind of bummed out by the thought of (mostly) online Fallout

Ugh. I was super disappointed that Fallout is pretty much mandatory online. I don't play enough to be competitive, and I usually like to go at my own pace. Maybe, eventually, we can do a Pinside group for Fallout. I'm sure most of us are in the same type of group for console gaming.

#97 5 years ago

Absolutely. Anyone on Xbox one send me a pm to add. Obviously I play pinball there too.

I'll probably not pre-order Fallout but wait to see how the reviews shake out. I would need to renew my gold, it lapsed during my recent move.

#98 5 years ago

I'm the same way about Fallout. The beta is this week so hopefully we'll know more soon.

#99 5 years ago

Live for me at 11pm central!!!

#100 5 years ago

I was so excited for this game, as I really liked the last one. However, the reviews have convinced me not to pick it up because they all said the same thing "10/10 amazing! Also the game is really boring like 50% of the time when traveling and pretty grindy. Best game ever!" Which basically says to me, no one is really saying what they really think on this game overall. The one guy said the story hits a groove like 20 hours in...20 hours in!!! Seriously, who grinds for 20 hours till it actually gets good, lol?

The reviews said it didn't play like the last one and was more like GTA V, which is bad in my opinion, since GTA V's campaign was so boring I was literally falling asleep during it (why do you have to commute between jobs, lol? Like I felt like I was actually driving to work half the time, couldn't stay awake while playing the campaign). I think that's what the reviewers are referencing. Rockstar and their stupid no fast travel thing. That one feature would have saved GTA V for me (and I'm not talking about the stupid calling a taxi and having to wait for it, that is so lame, lol).

Kind of disappointed, was really looking forward to picking this up. It sounds like it got the AC Origins treatment, make a huge world that is so big it takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.