maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Resident Evil 2 is gonna be cool i bet.

I’m super excited and do hope it sells well so they might look at remaking Code Veronica my absolute best in the series.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I’m super excited and do hope it sells well so they might look at remaking Code Veronica my absolute best in the series.

I think its absolutely going to sell and i think its gonna do quite well. There are lots of hardcore Resident Evil fans out there.

#503 5 years ago

Brian Eddy on a Resident Evil 2 pin. With mutating William toy.

I think I need to make a topic on this.

#504 5 years ago

This is the first I've heard of RE2. I played that game as a kid, and went into the last boss with 5 shotgun shells. That has had a significant effect on how I've played every game since then. Now I use my lowest weapons almost exclusively, and save in about 30 different blocks as I progress. Thanks a lot, RE.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Now I use my lowest weapons almost exclusively, and save in about 30 different blocks as I progress. Thanks a lot, RE.

Haha, so true!

#506 5 years ago

I've finally finished RDR2 last night, and wow, just plain wow. The finale is amazing I totally got into it, pure western tradition with an awesome soundtrack. I still think RDR2 deserved the Game of the year award way more than GOW.

#507 5 years ago

I've achieved 100% completion on the story. More hours than I would like to admit to. I don't recommend it. Some of it is super grindy, very frustrating, and very difficult.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've achieved 100% completion on the story. More hours than I would like to admit to. I don't recommend it. Some of it is super grindy, very frustrating, and very difficult.

I just want to see the story and play it online some too. Im not a trophy whore so no need for 100% completion. Definitely loving the story so far though.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just want to see the story and play it online some too. Im not a trophy whore so no need for 100% completion. Definitely loving the story so far though.

I started to do the extra stuff before online came out, and I alway felt like "it was only a few more things". It just turned out to be so grindy and time consuming. Had to finish it after I made it so far.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I completed the story 100% but that’s only doing all the white and yellow points not grinding everything that’s way too long and frankly I don’t have the patience to go fishing for 10 hours and hunting for 20

#511 5 years ago

I have a friend that wants to 100% every game because he’s OCD or something, drives me nuts. Hes always calling me and saying hey can you get online for a minute, i need to do such and such to get this trophy. Im like ughhh!

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a friend that wants to 100% every game because he’s OCD or something, drives me nuts. Hes always calling me and saying hey can you get online for a minute, i need to do such and such to get this trophy. Im like ughhh!

Spiderman is the first game I've ever done 100% completion in. It felt like a chore in every other game.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Achievements are the horrible, they pull you out of the flow of the game itself and encourage you to play in boring and repetitive ways that often have nothing to do with what the game designers intended. First thing I did when I got my PS4 and XBone was disable notifications for trophies/achievements, I never even think about 'em anymore.

#514 5 years ago

I didn’t do it specifically for an achievement. I just wanted to complete the single player mode to the fullest. There’s some pretty cool moments in there, but it’s not worth the required time.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I didn’t do it specifically for an achievement. I just wanted to complete the single player mode to the fullest. There’s some pretty cool moments in there, but it’s not worth the required time.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I wasn't knocking you or anything like that. Just like my buddy though he feels like getting everything 100% is a must with every game he buys. I dont get it but if it makes him happy thats good enough. I just hate when he calls me because he needs me to get online so he can get a certain trophy or whatever. I tell him its cheating if he has to cheat to do it but he dont care i guess as long as he gets his virtual trophy lol.

#516 5 years ago

Is there a way to see how many hours you've logged This game's UI and menus are pretty confusing.

I kind of wish games had 2 percentage indicators, one for story and the other for everything total. Most games use the latter so you get to the ending around 65%, feels weird.

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is there a way to see how many hours you've logged This game's UI and menus are pretty confusing.
I kind of wish games had 2 percentage indicators, one for story and the other for everything total. Most games use the latter so you get to the ending around 65%, feels weird.

How does this one work? Is 100% everything or just story?

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think there are two, one for story and one for total. You have to go into the “Total Completion” tile to see that value. The story percentage is printed on the tile (I think?). The menus are weird.

I found total time in the friends comparison area on The Xbox OS. To my knowledge, hours aren’t shown in game.

#519 5 years ago

You had to look online to find all the cave paintings and dino bones didn't you?

I've one found one of each. They are hard to find

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

You had to look online to find all the cave paintings and dino bones didn't you?

or make a mistake like I just realized...

the trading cards are often inside 'premium cig' packs. And of course, if you are FULL, you can't pick them up to realize there may be a card in them.

So I've been playing virtually since launch running around without picking up any premium cig packs because I never use them, and was always full So dozens of hours of exploration that simply walked past so many cards

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So I've been playing virtually since launch running around without picking up any premium cig packs because I never use them, and was always full So dozens of hours of exploration that simply walked past so many cards

after crafting the Legend of the east satchel (99 inventory slots) it's pretty easy. spent 15 minutes yesterday shelling out about 400 dollars on premium cigs in valentine store i just discarded all when the inventory was full and bought new ones. got all the missing sets completed

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

after crafting the Legend of the east satchel (99 inventory slots) it's pretty easy. spent 15 minutes yesterday shelling out about 400 dollars on premium cigs in valentine store i just discarded all when the inventory was full and bought new ones. got all the missing sets completed

Yeah I saw that video on YouTube. I made the same mistake flynnibus did as well so as I was flush with cash I just went and bought them all up. Once you post all the sets off and sell off the doubles, you make about a grand after taking away what you spent

#523 5 years ago

I logged in online today to collect my free 15 gold bars.

They are giving them away to anybody that has played the beta before 20 December so even if you’re not playing it yet, just log in to get the bars.

Looks like the micro transaction store is up and are doing something about the people just running around camping at shops waiting to just kill people which is good.

I won’t play it until they have sorted that out

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

interesting.. didn't realize you could buy them.

I've done the other satchels.. just haven't gone back for cougar hunting yet to get the last one yet. Been doing a ton of hunting for trapper and satchel upgrades.. but not very organized about it.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Yeah, some of those are so obscure that you'd never ever find them naturally. There's also dreamcatchers and graves that you need to find.

The worst was trying to hunt for a Robin. It was like a cruel joke. Rarest bird in the game by far.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Been doing a ton of hunting for trapper and satchel upgrades.. but not very organized about it.

me too, i just love to spend time in the wilderness and hunt whatever presents itself, so the satchels all came naturally. with exception of the cougar, i've been tracking that one down for like 3 hours.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

me too, i just love to spend time in the wilderness and hunt whatever presents itself, so the satchels all came naturally. with exception of the cougar, i've been tracking that one down for like 3 hours.

There's one on the northwest side of the map by the trapper. It's just west of that rocky mountain range. It's hard to avoid and will attack you on the road. Camp, save, and reload, and it will re-spawn.

Bears are up there too. Good hunting.

#528 5 years ago

RE: percentages there's only ever one (in all games) and it's for everything. So you finish the story usually around 65% and the rest is achievements challenges etc. I was saying it'd be nice to have a story meter and a total meter.

It's funny how games journalists and YouTubers spent the last month praising RDR2 while bashing EA/Activision for mictotransactions, completely forgetting that GTA Online has made BILLIONS selling in game cash and items last 5 years. Which is probably how Rockstar could afford to make a game like RDR2 in the first place!

Now same people are shocked "Shocked I say!" to learn they're selling Gold for the online? I swear some people's memory is near non-existent.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

The cougar doesn't like to be shown on the map well.

One area they seem to come out is north of antebelle or whatever the name is of the farthest nw town on the coast.

The other most reliable spot is the farthest west area near the trapper. The cougar is on the map , but actually likes to attack you on the road not where it's shown on the map. Follow the road from the south as it turns and heads north past where the trapper is... at night.

It's pretty reliable... if not camp and try again.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The cougar doesn't like to be shown on the map well.
One area they seem to come out is north of antebelle or whatever the name is of the farthest nw town on the coast.
The other most reliable spot is the farthest west area near the trapper. The cougar is on the map , but actually likes to attack you on the road not where it's shown on the map. Follow the road from the south as it turns and heads north past where the trapper is... at night.
It's pretty reliable... if not camp and try again.

Yeah I got the cougar up in the north east of the map above Annesburg

I got one down near Shady Belle too.

Or was that a panther? Can’t remember now lol

Quoted from benheck:

RE: percentages there's only ever one (in all games) and it's for everything. So you finish the story usually around 65% and the rest is achievements challenges etc. I was saying it'd be nice to have a story meter and a total meter.
It's funny how games journalists and YouTubers spent the last month praising RDR2 while bashing EA/Activision for mictotransactions, completely forgetting that GTA Online has made BILLIONS selling in game cash and items last 5 years. Which is probably how Rockstar could afford to make a game like RDR2 in the first place!
Now same people are shocked "Shocked I say!" to learn they're selling Gold for the online? I swear some people's memory is near non-existent.

Rockstar have always been well into micro transactions. I have no issue with it but have more of an issue for pay to win in multiplayer games. If the in game economy is up the duff and makes it just an unfair and unfun grind, that’s even worse.

What I also don’t like is the fact that certain farming methods people are using online such as the cougar, rocksalmon with the dynamite and Aberdeen Pig farm slaughters are getting nerfed and pelts/carcasses selling for less or removed from the map altogether. Not sure why rockstar are doing this. Whether it’s to funnel people to missions or encourage micro transactions. Or maybe a mix of both perhaps?

Dunno if this is what you mean Ben but there’s a percentage for story completion which is just the main campaign missions and the total covers all campaign missions, side missions, stranger missions and all the rest like challenges and compendiums.

Is that what you’re after?

#531 5 years ago

I started playing some online. Level 9. I have about $700 and $35 in gold (I think). The two currencies are confusing.

What's recommended to buy early in the online game? Both my horse and weapons suck. Should I keep saving for something particular?

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I started playing some online. Level 9. I have about $700 and $35 in gold (I think). The two currencies are confusing.
What's recommended to buy early in the online game? Both my horse and weapons suck. Should I keep saving for something particular?

How the hell have you got $700 and 35 gold bars at level 9? What’s the secret?

First of all get the free Arabian horse and saddle at the stable and put horse insurance on it.

Then start looking at getting the following guns in the order you prefer or need the most:

Shotgun (semi auto is my fave)

Decent rifle and scope (at the start I use a Springfield. Good for hunting and has a reasonable scope until a rolling block can be purchased later for sniping)

Varmint Rifle

Bow

Decent handguns (volcanic pistol my fave)

Don’t forget there’s a free handgun at the fence too.

Then save up to get some winter clothes so you can head up north if you want to. Seems to me not a lot of people have paid out to get winter clothes and the north looks relatively free of grievers

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

First of all get the free Arabian horse and saddle at the stable and put horse insurance on it.
Then start looking at getting the following guns in the order you prefer or need the most:
Decent rifle and scope (at the start I use a Springfield. Good for hunting and has a reasonable scope until a rolling block can be purchased later for sniping)
Varmint Rifle
Bow
Then save up to get some winter clothes so you can head up north if you want to. Seems to me not a lot of people have paid out to get winter clothes and the north looks relatively free of grievers

Thanks.

I had a pre-order bonus and pretty much have strictly been doing the missions. There were three cash bonuses for me when I logged in yesterday. Not sure why.

Is the free Arabian at the stable? I looked yesterday, and the Arabian required some rediculous high rank. Or are you talking about taming the white one in the northwest like in the story?

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Thanks.
I had a pre-order bonus and pretty much have strictly been doing the missions. There were three cash bonuses for me when I logged in yesterday. Not sure why.
Is the free Arabian at the stable? I looked yesterday, and the Arabian required some rediculous high rank. Or are you talking about taming the white one in the northwest like in the story?

The free bonuses are if you’ve logged into the online before 20 Dec and you’re eligible for the free stuff they gave away for playing the beta

No you can’t tame horses and stable them. You can tame them and use them but they can’t be saddled or stabled like red dead 1, you have to buy them. I can’t remember how to get the free Arabian but I’ve just found this that will explain it.

Hopefully they haven’t taken it out

#535 5 years ago

Rode into Strawberry, bumped into a guy with my horse, he pulls me off it starts punching, I run away, and suddenly 4 cops shooting at me for unarmed assault and a $2.50 bounty?

Yeesh. This game sometimes...

#536 5 years ago

Are the bonuses for playing the beta for if you just log in or choose a character? I started, but didn’t have the to make a character who didn’t look overly strange

So technically I logged in, but didn’t create a character yet

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Rode into Strawberry, bumped into a guy with my horse, he pulls me off it starts punching, I run away, and suddenly 4 cops shooting at me for unarmed assault and a $2.50 bounty?
Yeesh. This game sometimes...

Strawberry and Saint Denis are always really hard to get around in without problems.

#538 5 years ago

I gave money to a blind guy in St Denis, but turns out he was scamming and can see. Wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do, tried hogtieing him and bringing him to the police for fraud. But that didn’t work.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I gave money to a blind guy in St Denis, but turns out he was scamming and can see. Wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do, tried hogtieing him and bringing him to the police for fraud. But that didn’t work.

Maybe murder him?

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Aim your weapon at him. It’ll show whether or not he’s telling the truth. Some are, some aren’t.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Aim your weapon at him. It’ll show whether or not he’s telling the truth. Some are, some aren’t.

Before I gave him the money? Will it affect my morality or trigger police attention. Thanks

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Before I gave him the money? Will it affect my morality or trigger police attention. Thanks

Yes, before.

I don’t know about the city. You’ll find that same guy all over the map and can use the same tactic.

#543 5 years ago

Another event: Found a guy who wanted to see who could shoot milk bottles the fastest. So I accept the challenge and lose, assuming the $5.00 bet will be deducted automatically like for everything.

I walk away and he's like "Pay me what you owe!" and starts shooting at me. I defend myself and get negative karma.

How I was supposed to know I neeeded to re-engage in dialog to pay the bet?

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are the bonuses for playing the beta for if you just log in or choose a character? I started, but didn’t have the to make a character who didn’t look overly strange
So technically I logged in, but didn’t create a character yet

I’m not sure mate to be honest. I did all the character creation and had a mooch about so that’s how I got the added gold and money.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I’m not sure mate to be honest. I did all the character creation and had a mooch about so that’s how I got the added gold and money.

Thanks, I may try creating. Then delete my character and then see what happens.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Varmint Rifle
Bow

The free Arabian and gun are PS4 exclusives. There's a free Thoroughbred and saddle for Xbox exclusives, I know at least for the ultimate edition. But if you are playing off a family account (like I'm playing my own game under my husband's Xbox ultimate account) then you don't get any of the extra stuff.

#547 5 years ago

How do you collect your pre-order bonus horse? I typed in the code for my Amazon War Horse but have no idea where it is.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Another event: Found a guy who wanted to see who could shoot milk bottles the fastest. So I accept the challenge and lose, assuming the $5.00 bet will be deducted automatically like for everything

I hate that guy. I always lose to him shooting birds. I just kill him then and steal his money

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How do you collect your pre-order bonus horse? I typed in the code for my Amazon War Horse but have no idea where it is.

That should have been in the stable when it first unlocks in Valentine for the pre Order war horse. The Ardennes is sat there waiting for $0.00, or at least it should have been?

Quoted from blondetall:

The free Arabian and gun are PS4 exclusives. There's a free Thoroughbred and saddle for Xbox exclusives, I know at least for the ultimate edition. But if you are playing off a family account (like I'm playing my own game under my husband's Xbox ultimate account) then you don't get any of the extra stuff.

Didn’t realise it was a PS4 exclusive? I preordered just a normal game and got an outfit which is definitely PS4 exclusive (grizzly outfit), gun, saddle and Arabian, the thoroughbred was there for free anyway, the Arabian you have to select “Superior” in the stable horse menu and it’s there gratis. I heard that was across the board. Arabians all around Xbox and PS4?

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

That should have been in the stable when it first unlocks in Valentine for the pre Order war horse. The Ardennes is sat there waiting for $0.00, or at least it should have been?

Didn’t realise it was a PS4 exclusive? I preordered just a normal game and got an outfit which is definitely PS4 exclusive (grizzly outfit), gun, saddle and Arabian, the thoroughbred was there for free anyway, the Arabian you have to select “Superior” in the stable horse menu and it’s there gratis. I heard that was across the board. Arabians all around Xbox and PS4?

Every gamer forum search I've done says PS4, and there's no red Arabian option for me to buy at the stables. Just a black and a white, and I can't access either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/a199l4/if_you_are_playing_in_a_ps4_remember_to_claim/

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.