maxresdefault (resized).jpg
64026 (resized).jpeg
1E82193E-AF29-49AD-8563-C05AD807FB7B (resized).jpeg
4C4CF73F-1A26-4904-9999-C05DE6F907B1 (resized).jpeg
ED94AD01-76EF-4418-AE95-2FF7ED483389 (resized).jpeg
D6448E66-7B20-4CAC-AD64-E4FFB7AE9D8A (resized).jpeg
38A89098-DA32-4038-9619-52A59B24452F (resized).jpeg
20181029_072235.jpg

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 5 years ago

Just wondering if anyone besides me is looking forward to October 26th when Red Dead Redemption comes out? I cant wait to play it!

Im pretty sure that this is going to be GOTY!

#2 5 years ago

I loved the last one but when it came out I wasn't married and had no kids. Now I'm married with two kids. Why did they wait so long? I don't have the time anymore.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I loved the last one but when it came out I wasn't married and had no kids. Now I'm married with two kids. Why did they wait so long? I don't have the time anymore.

They are saying that the campaign on this game here takes 60 hours to complete. The game takes up like 105GB on your hard drive also lol. It is a HUGE game!

#4 5 years ago

Yes. I don't normally get into video games as they are a huge time suck, but I happen to come across this one while shopping for a gift. I was intrigued and felt compelled to subsequently check it out further.

Looks incredible - the closest thing currently to actually being in West World!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes. I don't normally get into video games as they are a huge time suck, but I happen to come across this one while shopping for a gift. I was intrigued and felt compelled to subsequently check it out further.
Looks incredible - the closest thing currently to actually being in West World!

Did you play the first Red Dead that Rockstar made? If not you are in for a real treat. The first game was unbelievable and i have a feeling that this one is gonna be even better!

#6 5 years ago

The first one was amazing, I can't wait for this one!!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you play the first Red Dead that Rockstar made? If not you are in for a real treat. The first game was unbelievable and i have a feeling that this one is gonna be even better!

My son had the second game in the series - Red Dead Redemption - and it was pretty cool. This one looks to be even more so with all the apparent tech advances and enhancements!

#8 5 years ago

As always - i will buy it and then play World of Tanks instead.....

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

As always - i will buy it and then play World of Tanks instead.....

Lol no doubt

#10 5 years ago

Now i gotta decide if im getting a physical copy or digital download. If it was GTA it would be digital download all the way but not so sure about this game because i dont know if the online will be good or not. I only buy digital download if its a keeper for years or maybe if a game is really cheap like on black friday.

I prefer digital download but if i play the story and dont like the online id trade the game in after i beat it on something else. This game though having a 60 hour campaign will take me like 5 years to complete it probably. Its also getting a little embarrassing standing in line at Gamestop at midnight at 53 years old for a video game.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its also getting a little embarrassing standing in line at Gamestop at midnight at 53 years old for a video game.

LOL

There you go - decision made.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

LOL
There you go - decision made.

Nah its all good. When it comes to a really good game like this one i feel like a kid at Christmas time so i dont even care what anyone thinks. I actually see quite a few old guys standing in line believe it or not. I enjoy those midnight launches.

#13 5 years ago

It’s a great time of year for Games. I just beat the PS4 Spider-Man game and it was fantastic. COD 4’s Battle Royale is very addicting and the story on Red Dead is going to going to take a few months to get through. It’s no wonder why Pinball isn’t for everyone. $60 and you can be completely enthralled in a game for a few months. Spend $8,000 on a pinball and want another one immediately.

#14 5 years ago

I have it preordered. Im looking forward to it.

#15 5 years ago

I've got it preloaded and took Friday off of work.

#16 5 years ago

I'm looking forward to it, but like others, I have no idea how to find the time to play it. It was the same thing with Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I would sit down to play it and there was so much to do, it would take me 45 minutes just to get out of town. Then I had to stop playing. With a game like this, I want to be able to sit down and play it for hours straight, but I normally don't have that much time back to back like that.

#17 5 years ago

Same here as well! I will be getting it and it will take me forever to complete. I very seldomly get games any more. But I do love the the game box for all its capabilities with online. Wife can grab the controller and find her shows, if I had a bad day , I can come home and smash on call of duty!!! Gives me a satisfying release when the surround is cranked to 20 and grenades and bullets are flying ever where! Ahhhhhhh brings back the memories!!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its also getting a little embarrassing standing in line at Gamestop at midnight at 53 years old for a video game.

Amazon preorder. At your door the day of release.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm looking forward to it, but like others, I have no idea how to find the time to play it. It was the same thing with Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I would sit down to play it and there was so much to do, it would take me 45 minutes just to get out of town. Then I had to stop playing. With a game like this, I want to be able to sit down and play it for hours straight, but I normally don't have that much time back to back like that.

Same here. I still play call of duty online, cause its straight forward, but shit.....you can get lost for months in some of these games

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Same here. I still play call of duty online, cause its straight forward, but shit.....you can get lost for months in some of these games

I like COD a little bit but this new one is a fortnite wanna be and i dont think id like it. I dont know why but i just cant get into Fortnite.

#21 5 years ago

Pretty pumped for this. Don't play games as much as I used to, but just pre-ordered this today.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like COD a little bit but this new one is a fortnite wanna be and i dont think id like it. I dont know why but i just cant get into Fortnite.

Wow, I'm watching football with my boy and they just showed a new COD commercial. He said "holy crap, it's just like Fortnite".

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Wow, I'm watching football with my boy and they just showed a new COD commercial. He said "holy crap, it's just like Fortnite".

Yeah it does and i have zero interest in it. I will just play WW2, i like that game and era alot better.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Amazon preorder. At your door the day of release.

I was just going to preorder from Amazon for Xbox One and saw this.

"Please note that this item is not eligible for Release Date Delivery, so pre-orders may not arrive on the day of release. Available shipping options can be found on the order confirmation page."

#25 5 years ago

Can't wait on RD2. Should be a excellent game and can't wait yo play.

#26 5 years ago

First ever Xbox One digital preorder, and likely my last until LOU2 comes out for PS4. Does anyone know if I can download the file now so that I'll be ready to play next weekend? With my bandwidth it will take a few days at 105GB.

Edit: just saw the update! 87.87GB downloading (slowly) now!

#27 5 years ago

Looked at this, but see no mention of multiplayer pvp. Also no mention of a PC version. Guess I will have to try the politically correct ww2 in BF-v.

#28 5 years ago

Are you guys getting the Standard edition, specal edition, or the ultimate edition of Red Dead Redemption 2?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you guys getting the Standard edition, specal edition, or the ultimate edition of Red Dead Redemption 2?

Just the standard edition for me. I didn't think $20 for a map was worth it since the extra digital add-ons don't mean much to me.

I miss the good old days when you actually got something for special editions and they didn't cost an arm and a leg. Now they make you buy separately a box (without the game) that contains all the stuff the special and limited edition should contain.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/04/red-dead-redemption-2-boxed-sets/

#30 5 years ago

Standard addition for me as well. No need to pay for a treasure map and some outfits.

#31 5 years ago

Dang man they want 99.99 for the ultimate edition and the game doesn't even come with it? Lol thats pretty funny!

#32 5 years ago

When my son went to A&M he took the Xbox so I bought a Xbox oneX to go with the 4K TV. Besides the noticeably better graphics it uploads soooo much faster. I can’t wait for this game the last game that came out that I really liked was fallout 4

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

When my son went to A&M he took the Xbox so I bought a Xbox oneX to go with the 4K TV. Besides the noticeably better graphics it uploads soooo much faster. I can’t wait for this game the last game that came out that I really liked was fallout 4

There you have it. Invest in 500 Xbox One Xs with your $250K.

#34 5 years ago

Had to make some headway in my game backlog in anticipation of RDR2. Finished God of War and Spiderman, and I'm super stoked for this to launch!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like Fallout 4 also that is a sweet game that i need to finish.

#36 5 years ago

I am waiting for Battlefield V to come out as I think EA really nail the whole first person shooter EXPERIENCE!
I had the first RDR and loved it, definitely better when playing in a pose. Might consider later

#37 5 years ago

I’m still waiting for half life 3

#38 5 years ago

I took Friday off so I can play. Is there any way to get a jump start on any updates / HDR download before Friday? I effin' hate getting home with a game then waiting an hour for the Xbone to install the game and then another 2 hours after that for whatever update was pushed since the disks were created.

#39 5 years ago

Actually, it looks like I answered my own question. From what I'm reading, you can pre-load the download (~100GB) as of last Friday, but the game is locked until 12:01am Friday morning. GameStop is telling me that my pre-order will be ready at 9pm, but that obviously needs to be installed and then the launch day patch most likely applied.

Edit -> Looks like the Microsoft store has the game being released (digitally) at 3am on Friday, but that might be PST?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#40 5 years ago

I really liked fallout 4 but it wasn't as good as 3 or new Vegas. I'm on the fence with fallout 76 with it being online only. Not sure yet if I'm getting it yet. RDR 2 is on my hit list and should tie me over while I make my mind up about fallout 76.

#41 5 years ago

Got a particular shootin' iron you're looking forward to using?

RDR 2 (resized).jpgRDR 2 (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago

Ashamed to say I never played RDR
I have no idea why I missed it, as everything was lined up for me to love it; but hopefully I can get a lick on the new one

#43 5 years ago

Can’t wait for RDR2. Loved the first one.

I hope this is up there with the original, Withcher 3, Fallout 4 etc.

I’m a sucker for side quests and exploring maps. This could keep me occupied for the next month.

#44 5 years ago

Just ordered it via the Playstation 4 store and will kick off the preload tonight. Rockstar has done an incredible job with their past few games and this one sounds like their best, and largest game, yet.

Looks like the game itself is going to be packed with content based off the file size alone.

red-dead-redemption-2-is-bigger-than-these-10-huge-games (resized).jpgred-dead-redemption-2-is-bigger-than-these-10-huge-games (resized).jpg

#45 5 years ago

Wow, that's a biggun

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, that's a biggun

Yes it is, lol.
20181022_225450 (resized).jpg20181022_225450 (resized).jpg

#47 5 years ago

I'm annoyed by the title. First there was Red Dead Revolver. Then there was Red Dead Redemption. This new one needed a different Red Dead R-word. (Red Dead Revenge?)

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

I'm annoyed by the title. First there was Red Dead Revolver. Then there was Red Dead Redemption. This new one needed a different Red Dead R-word. (Red Dead Revenge?)

Yeah - especially considering that it's a prequel to the last one.

#49 5 years ago

I pre-ordered the disc for PS4. Grand Theft Horse!

BTW this is the third game in the series Red Dead Revolver was released on PS2 back in 2004 or so.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ashamed to say I never played RDR
I have no idea why I missed it, as everything was lined up for me to love it; but hopefully I can get a lick on the new one

If you enjoy video games you really need to go get this game. The first one was amazing and this one wont be any different.

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-excited-about-red-dead-redemption-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.