(Topic ID: 163280)

Anybody else ever get the urge to rearrange your machines?

By Sijcolo

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Sijcolo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

So I sold a couple of machines and took a couple of machines to the RMPS and thought it would be a good idea to rearrange the lineup. 2.5 hours later all machines have been put in their new spots. Haven't t leveled them yet I was too tired. A couple of pictures during the move.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

If anyone comes into my house and starts rearranging my games, I'd be all over them. Hrmph.

#3 7 years ago

I rearrange mine every time a new game comes in, or old goes out.

#4 7 years ago

Blasphemy ! No they must be lined up in chronological order !!!

...Judge Wopner 430, the PEOPLES court, Charlie Babbit lets me drive the car in the driveway....

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Blasphemy ! No they must be lined up in chronological order !!!

Right there is the way it HAS to be done! Chronological order. No other way is acceptable. And then, of course, alphabetically within chronological order (as in Roller Disco HAS to come before Star Race within 1980). All you other people need to get with the program. PinballSTAR knows!!!

#6 7 years ago

Major ordeal. Don't like doing the pin shuffle unless necessary. Mine are in chrono order, but I don't have too many. I need a pin moving device.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

Right there is the way it HAS to be done! Chronological order. No other way is acceptable. And then, of course, alphabetically within chronological order (as in Roller Disco HAS to come before Star Race within 1980). All you other people need to get with the program. PinballSTAR knows!!!

There ARE months in the year too you know ! Get in line soldier !

#8 7 years ago

Yep, rearrange my 2 machines all the time!

#9 7 years ago

I do it a lot, keeps it fresh. A lot of times I end up with an order I love and a lot of times one I really don't, and of course that doesn't stay for long!

I have one row that is pretty set in stone and hasn't moved in quite a while (and won't, much) but everything else gets moved around, at least for now. I move them all by force, definitely annoying to do, but I guess if you're young and ambitious...

#10 7 years ago

Not unless I have to!!!
    I have them arranged by system, in separate rooms sort of...all my early SS are in the basement, 1 wall is EM's and other manufactures (IE: Stern, Bally, Zac.) 1 wall is hubby's faves, and 1 wall is my faves (the fave walls have gotten a bit jumbled due to games coming and going for shows), 1 wall is sys 9s and 1 sys 11, system 11s (because most have toppers and they won't fit in the basement) are in the dinning room...newer DMDs and Stern's are in the living room & family room...now when it comes time for shows, then they all get jumbled up a bit, and we just had a tourney here at our place a couple weeks ago, so the tourney games all moved to the garage. (and they haven't made it back to their areas yet)
    When I pulled games from the basement for the tourney, I pulled others from storage, and set them up in the empty spots for the party, now I have too many games and not enough spots...so we're currently "discussing" leaving the tourney games down for a bit, until I get my garage/storage built then the garage becomes another game room! (soon in talks with several co.s now) but I'm not liking having games down, so the "discussion" goes on!!
    But NO I don't move games around unless I have too!! Oh and FYI...those 3M furniture slider things are AWESOME for slipping under legs and sliding games around (especially when you don't have clearance for a pin dolly or lifting them to move)!!

Phoebe

#11 7 years ago

Once an owner or collector goes into double digits, generally no, unless they are adding a machine of the same manufacturer, series, or design, such as GTB SS80, AGC, Zaccaria, etc. The amount of work can be extreme after 50+ machines, and after 100, you generally don't even care where the go, as long as they fit.

#12 7 years ago

Even at double digits, I still have to have them in chronological order. Jackbot, Demo Man and the previously mentioned Roller Disco are coming in soon, so there will be some moving to do...

#13 7 years ago

I organized them by manufacture/designer/year. It's a bit of a workout moving all the machines. I wish I had two long walls to put them all on.

#14 7 years ago

Carpet sliders are your friends...

#15 7 years ago

I used to have all of mine chronological, buy got tired of shuffling 8 games around when selling Jackbot to buy Black Rose.

Now I have pins in 5 rooms, and each room is a decade or half decade. Games stay with their era, but aren't precisely chronological anymore

#16 7 years ago

Sliders were useful but I was tired by the end, here is partial end result.

#17 7 years ago

What is the sq footage of that game room?

#18 7 years ago

About 900sqft. You are only seeing one side (the large side).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-ever-get-the-urge-to-rearrange-your-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.