Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3795f1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    stern_williams (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

Nope. Love the feel of the table and the heart in the games from the 90s. Heck, like O-din said the System-11 games have more feeling. Diner, Taxi, Whirlwind with no license have more feeling than anything in the past 10 years.

New games are sterile. If they were unlicensed they would be the same game over and over again. Playing in competition? Get a multiball. Big plastic toy? Well if you paid the extra $2K there is a magnet in front of it. Don't worry, there is no subway to confuse you by playing games with ball location but there are pops that will probably lead to a SDTM. Did I mention the extra money for version? Are you missing features from you pro or did you over pay for a Premium? Oh, I see, it is a status symbol you are going to try and sell for more so you got an LE.

Can I play them and do I? Of course, I like most pinball. But I love taking a new pinball fanboys to the woodshed by hitting them with the "old and slow" stuff they can't control. (an understand without having to take a class)

Oh, did I mention price? If the old B/W game has a high price tag it is because it earned it over the year. It went up in value because people want it and it is time tested.

Oh, my favorite game is a Stern. LOTR so it is not like I am a total hater.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just got my Earthshaker back together and back in the line-up so I may be a little biased.
    "It's sunny drive time"

Oh I understand. I wanted either a Whirlwind or Earthshaker. Very similar games in a mirror image kind of way. And I know WW tends to get more love. But with the lower run I picked up the ES when it came up for sale. I even have a spare set of ramps if I get ambitious. One of the few games where I like a shaker (it makes sense for this title).

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

B/W pins have always sucked.....tons of quarters out of me...

Agreed. They drove prices on route up and almost made the hobby unaffordable. I remember seeing the price card on Elvira and the Party Monsters going up to $0.75 and almost freaked.

At least now I can learn those deep rule-sets (hopefully) at home now on games like Batman 66 SLE for the low cost of $15,000 with a movie and first born. It not about the money its about quality pinball.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

thats because they have been around longer and cab be judged properly.

Well, actually the 90's B/W DMD pins were only made for less than 10 years total. Stern has been making them for 16 years after Williams closed the doors. So your argument is wrong and actually works the opposite of what you wanted.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-else-bored-of-bw-dmds-pins?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.