2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballplusMN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0734 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Haven't been able to contact him for weeks. Hope he is ok. Anyone heard anything?

Scott

#2 2 years ago

chuckwurt recently talked to him. I think there's been some things outside of pinball going on. Hope everything is OK with him. John is one of the good guys.

#3 2 years ago

JW takes his professional obligations serious and if you haven't heard from him in a little bit there's a good reason. Don't worry and be patient.

4 weeks later
    #4 2 years ago

Still MIA getting worried his isn't ok...

#5 2 years ago

he is alive

#6 2 years ago

Finally got in contact with him about my LW3 power supply last month. He seems to be having a hell of a year so far. He was very apologetic and got me my board shortly after that. He didn't go into specifics, but definitely seems he has hit hard times in one way or the other.

I hope everything gets better for him. He does great work, and is a nice guy.

#7 2 years ago

He sent me T3 roms a few weeks ago. No issues had them asap

#8 2 years ago

Just received my order for WCS.... All is well

#9 2 years ago

Greetings

A couple friends have contacted me directly about this. I wanted to sign on and make a statement.

I realize I have fallen behind in my work and my communication has been unacceptable the past few months.

I am not going to go into detail as to why, as it is a private matter, but it is behind me at this point and I am working to get things worked through as quickly as possible.

I take the same level of care with every board, so while I will turn things around as quickly as possible, I will not sacrifice quality.

I am not taking any new work until the backlog is cleared. It would be unfair to everyone who has waited this long to put someone else ahead of them. I will honor warranty work if there is any in this time.

Rest assured, if I have something of yours in my hands, it is in safe hands and you will get it back. Nobody's property is at risk.

If you are not willing to wait, I will gladly ship your boards back unrepaired at my expense as long as I have not started work on them. If I have started work, I need to finish the work.

I appreciate everyone's business and I will do everything humanly in my power to regain your confidence.

I have a significant amount of Pinside messages I am working through. If you have not received a response to your message by Friday, please send me another or call me at 812 390 4976. I will work to return all calls and messages within 1 business day.

#10 2 years ago

I hope you are doing OK John.

#11 2 years ago

I love John, and I'm glad things are looking up for him.

#12 2 years ago

I don't think anyone is concerned with their parts. I think the biggest concern is if you are ok.

#13 2 years ago

No need to restore confidence from us John as you will always have it.

Hope things get better.

#14 2 years ago

Glad I found this thread as I was wondering where some roms were that I ordered a couple weeks back. Hope you're alright John. We the pinball community wish you the best.

1 week later
    #16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Glad I found this thread as I was wondering where some roms were that I ordered a couple weeks back. Hope you're alright John. We the pinball community wish you the best.

I found this thread and was wondering the same about a ROM I ordered a couple weeks ago.

johnwartjr Would it be easier to get them canceled if you are backlogged?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from doczilla:

I found this thread and was wondering the same about a ROM I ordered a couple weeks ago.
    johnwartjr Would it be easier to get them canceled if you are backlogged?

I was thinking the same. I would take down the site or something to let people know that you aren't actively filling orders.

2 weeks later
    #18 1 year ago

Any word out of John yet? I ordered some LAH roms off his website. After not hearing from him after 2 weeks I found this conversation on Pinside. I've emailed him 3 times and sent him a pm here on Pinside. I'm trying to sell this game so I was going to update the roms before I did. If he's not able to fill the order I wish he would let me know and cancel it. Please let me know if anybody has heard anything. Thank you.

#19 1 year ago

I've tried to get him to call me - I'm ready to have my stuff shipped back. I was all for supporting him, but enough is enough. Sent him my stuff in January. John - if you see this - send my boards back please.

Scott Weir

#20 1 year ago

He's around; but there's definitely a lag due to some personal things that he has spoken to here. I bought some ROMs from him on May 10th and they just shipped yesterday (4 weeks). I guess if you want something fast then look elsewhere. Regardless, I will continue to support John.

#21 1 year ago

I guess I'll call Pay Pal and get my money back. Wow the least he could do is respond to us. I hope he's ok, but it only takes a second to respond back. At least stop taking new orders if you can't fill them in a reasonable time.

#23 1 year ago

I gave him a call and left a msg. I hope he responds back. I've ordered several times from him and was always satisfied with his work.

#24 1 year ago

If anyone does manage to get in touch with him, please mention that he should put a note on his website. I've seen a new thread just about every week from someone who placed an order and was asking about him and why there is no response.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

He's around; but there's definitely a lag due to some personal things that he has spoken to here. I bought some ROMs from him on May 10th and they just shipped yesterday (4 weeks). I guess if you want something fast then look elsewhere. Regardless, I will continue to support John.

Interesting. I ordered roms in April right after PATZ and never got them. No communication ever, and he never responded to the PayPal dispute. They found in my favor Saturday and closed the case.

#26 1 year ago

John is a pinball treasure with his board work and rom knowledge.
    Last year he helped me diagnose and discover why Mousin Around roms had different music from cpu L-1 to L-3 upgrades, and why some MA had extra roms compared to a bare bones factory original. Sounds easy, but it wasnt. He spent hours trouble shooting several versions of Mousin. I had 2 machines with very different music backgrounds.
    His help and knowledge was worth the wait and to this day very greatful for his time.
    Life is hectic and throws you curveballs.
    He posted a month back. Lets give him a little more time and Im sure all will work out.
    I wish him the best and hope all is well.

1 week later
    #27 1 year ago

Just got my boards back from John that I sent to him early this year. They were worked on and work order says tested, but 2 of the 3 still don't work (worse than when they left - haven't had time to test the 3rd yet). Have not been invoiced for them yet, so once he makes contact I will let him know. I'm sure he's slammed with emails and work right now.
    Hopefully all is well. Wonder if he has someone else helping him with the work and this slipped by?? Previous work he did for me was great.

Added 23 months ago: Edit; Finally had a minute to try board #3 and it also did not work (Rottendog still works).
    Not sure if package got dropped during shipping or zapped. Definitely a bummer though.

In contact with John and hopefully he will be able to get them up and running again.

#28 1 year ago

I had to contact PayPal and file a complaint. John never responded to my call, email, or Pinside message. He also never responded to the PayPal case. I just won the case and got my money back. I didn't know what else to do. John please let us know when you get this issue worked out so we can start ordering from you again.

#29 1 year ago

No excuse to not answer calls , emails ect! It does'nt matter what problems your going thru, not right in my book.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

No excuse to not answer calls , emails ect! It does'nt matter what problems your going thru, not right in my book.

pasted_image (resized).png

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I agree.

John is a great resource to our hobby, but if you aren't taking in new work, at least shut down the payment methods or post on the website that's the case. Unfortunately it seems like every couple weeks I see a post about people waiting on him with no communication response.

#32 1 year ago

Wasn't thinking it was John when i ordered 2 roms for pins im fixing up off of ebay. His ebay site has over 200 listings mostly for game roms. Couple weeks go by no roms. Third week and a couple emails later, no response. Tried pinside mail and phone call. 4th week filed ebay paypal claim, roms posted for shipment following day.
    I watched the negative feedbacks build up on ebay watching years of his hard work start to tumble on ebay, as more and more negatives come in.
    My point, as i mentioned in email. Just shut down the ebay till you can get your act together. Same with website.
    We all have personal problems in life, just be a little more proactive. God if its medical, im sorry, get well. But even more , shut down your sites.
    I feel bad posting, there minor game roms and doesnt exactly sell a high profit part. But looking back over past 6 mo as his business deteriorated i just dont get it.
    Take rest year off and come back to hobby when ready.

3 weeks later
    #33 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about John and if he is still in business. I have a couple of customers wpc s boards with him since nov. I've had sporadic emails in the beginning than nothing relating to their progress.
    Thanks in advance! Jr

#34 1 year ago

He sent me an email on the 22nd of June but nothing since then and still no boards...

#35 1 year ago

I've got a paypal case for non-delivery of goods (ROMs) pending against him now, still no response or anything in 18 days. Tomorrow I can escalate the paypal case, which I will do. He may be having problems/issues, still doesn't make it right to take and keep people's money and leave them hanging.

Yet he still posted to one of the the FB pinball groups last night, so he is around.....

#36 1 year ago

I opened a Paypal case on a couple ROMs I ordered, and just 2 days before the case was to be closed in my favor due to non-response, I got an email saying that my package was shipped. Couple of days after that, they show up in my mail. No emails from him or anything. I appreciate that he has a history in the hobby and that he's been a asset to the community, but please, take down your sites and listings so as to not put people not in the know, in an unknowing situation. Take down the site, stop the automatic listings on ebay or whatever, and get your things together. We will forgive you for taking a break! It's ok!

#37 1 year ago

Yeah he seems to have more important things to worry about. This gave me the push I needed to buy a ROM programmer to replace my old obsolete model. Back to programming my own again!

#38 1 year ago

I too am waiting for some ROMS for TSPP. I ordered them about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I sent him two polite emails asking for an update, which my email tracking software says he opened, but no response. Keeping my fingers crossed!

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Yet he still posted to one of the the FB pinball groups last night, so he is around.....

If this is true then i would be totally pissed and not feel any sympathy for him .

#40 1 year ago

If he has time to post on a fb forum than he can send my boards back. I will gladly pay return shipping.wpc s boards are expensive. I hope he works things out but if he has time to post on fb he can get back to us.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I hope he works things out but if he has time to post on fb he can get back to us.

Damn straight !

#42 1 year ago

Here is the first one I found, there are other even more recent posts from last night......

IMG_0734 (resized).PNG

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is the first one I found, there are other even more recent posts from last night......

Not cool !

#44 1 year ago

Paypal ruled in my favor in the dispute, refunded my money. Never heard a word from him. Hope they pull his account, as he obviously has issues following thru with his obligations.

Look, I understand that life can throw some curveballs ones way, however if you know you are having some issues meeting obligations shut down your website/ads/ebay whatever until you can get back on your feet. Doing it this way is throwing your reputation down the toilet, while losing any goodwill the community may have had in you......

#45 1 year ago

I ordered my ROMs June 26, did the email/voicemail/PayPal claim routine. 4 days to go for the claim to end and I just got an email today that it's ready to ship. So one month it took. I already ordered them from somewhere else. It cost me more but it was worth the benefit of receiving the item in a realistic time frame. So now I'm not sure if I can reject it and get my $ back, or if I'm stuck with an extra set of ROMs. I'd contact and ask but I highly doubt I'll get a reply, what a shame.

#46 1 year ago

I messaged him on facebook about 2 weeks ago after reading here. He told me he had some issues but just recently ordered a batch of emty eproms to be able to start filling orders..

#47 1 year ago

I tried messaging on fb, and leaving a vm with no response.I just need to get my boards back as they were customers and I already had to replace their boards.
    If someone is in contact with him and can pass this on I would appreciate it.
    I wish him the best and hope whatever is troubling him gets better. Jr

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside