(Topic ID: 54482)

Any WOZ owners wishing they bought an AC/DC Premium instead?

By awarner

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Brentslane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Any WOZ owners wishing they bought an AC/DC Premium instead? PM me, I'm thinking the same thing - in reverse!

#2 10 years ago

No...no...no...no...no!

#3 10 years ago

LOL - I had this thread pegged ALL wrong...

#4 10 years ago

I will have both when WOZ arrives. I think they will be a great compliment to each other in terms of game play. One will be flow-ville while the other will be more stop-and-go.

#5 10 years ago

Not exactly a fair question with a multiple year WOZ wait coming to an end and the honeymoon phase beginning. Maybe ask in a year and a half?

#6 10 years ago

AC/DC is an amazing game for fast, fun, loud and in your face play. WOZ is just completely different. having had AC/DC a couple times already I am glad to have WOZ. As I've said before WOZ is just on a completely different level of pinball. Opinions on gameplay against each other would vary.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not exactly a fair question with a multiple year WOZ wait coming to an end and the honeymoon phase beginning. Maybe ask in a year and a half?

I agree (I was a previous BBB owner). Never hurts to ask! Might take a while.

#8 10 years ago

I think it's fair. I've played an ac/dc prem numerous times and WOZ with incomplete code. I'd still take WOZ.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think it's fair. I've played an ac/dc prem numerous times and WOZ with incomplete code. I'd still take WOZ.

I would also choose WOZ now knowing all I do. It's a no-brainer as far as innovation.

#10 10 years ago

I've had my WOZ for two days now. The honeymoon is still there so my comments are biased. I have had new pins before however, and after an hour or two, have thought a few disparaging thoughts about my new game purchase. Not with WOZ. The thoughts "pry it out of my cold dead hands" do however. Your mileage may vary.

#11 10 years ago

Both games appear to be really good. Please don't make this thread into a bashing thread. I would be happy with both in my collection but have wife limitations.

I have had a WOZECLE on order for 16 months so I am going to stick with that, especially since people that have received them so far seem happy with their purchase.

#12 10 years ago

Like I have said before, I was not a fan of AC/DC when it came out, but now it is a favorite in my house. T2 was a favorite before, so its nice to have a fast KR game again. AC/DC Premium is one of his best.

I have a fair amount of time on WOZ prototypes and really enjoyed the shots so I am looking forward to the game. People have commented on the fit and finish and for those who haven't seen it, it really is levels above just about any other game produced. The gameplay with new rules I can't comment on yet.

I think the true staying power of either of these games will be determined in a year or so.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have had a WOZECLE on order for 16 months

Hi DC, I'm at 15 months. Have you heard an estimated date from Jen recently?

Jim

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Hi DC, I'm at 15 months. Have you heard an estimated date from Jen recently?
Jim

No, I have not wanted to bother them yet. I need to contact them and thank them for the WOZ art backglass I won from the date guessing contest. I finally had time to make a lighted display case and took a picture last night. I will send them (Jack and Jen) a picture and thank them and Kerry by e-mail.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I will have both when WOZ arrives. I think they will be a great compliment to each other in terms of game play. One will be flow-ville while the other will be more stop-and-go.

I think you're right! I would like to add both to my collection in the near future. Both great games!

#16 10 years ago

I ordered January 2011, still no call from JJP headquarters. I am a huge AC/DC fan, but did not care for the Pro. Played the premium in Vegas earlier this year for an hour and realized what a great table it was. I had one delivered a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVE it. Only down side was the canon was firing without pushing the fire button. Right loop was not registering a hit. both items fixed with Huge help from Trent at Tilt Amusements. If you are looking to buy a NIB, you will get the best price and service from Trent. That all being said, My other favorite pins (TSPP, TAF, FG,POTC) that are set up next to ACDC Premium seem super slow and not up to the caliber of this machine. I am super pleased with the purchase and hope I like WOZ just as much whenever it comes.

#17 10 years ago

It was between Tron LE and Woz when I bought in. I'm glad I didn't choose Tron as I ended up with a pro for a while and didnt really gel with it. I was tempted to sell my woz pre order for AC/DC LE but didn't really like the PF art, looks cheap and nasty to me. The only other game that tickled my fancy is Metallica. Best looking Stern pin ever imo. But after being in line for WOZ for 2 years and the games actually shipping now id be crazy to sell up this late in the game!

#18 10 years ago

Stern is turning out good games at the present time. I like AC DC music but comparing/choosing (between) these two games is like saying would you rather have a 1968 Camaro or a 2013 Camaro. Both cool in their own respect but being a person who likes new stuff I'd take the 2013. WOZ is light years ahead of anything coming out of Melrose Park and I would bet that will be the case for some time to come. I'm really glad to see both companies doing what they are since they both serve a market and are not really selling the same things so aren't true competitors. They are however both selling into the same market and the funds available for what they make is limited so they do compete in that sense.

I guess what I find funny/ironic is what turds stern was building prior to JJP starting up. It was a very take it or leave it business plan from stern. I'm sure they did what they had to in order to stay in business and I commend them for making good business decisions. Let me say I like pinball... not just B-W, or just JJP or just Stern. I like all good pinball's. As stern's go I like TF, Elvis, T-3 LOTR, SM, TSPP, maybe RBION and maybe a few others. I'm glad that they made it through the tough days when the recession hit and now are building some great games again. I don't know how happy I am with the new prices but that is another topic all together.

Now to be transparent I have owned or do own everything listed in this thread...

Chris

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have wife limitations.

Other than Mormons, we all have wife limitations: no more than one at a time.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Other than Mormons, we all have wife limitations: no more than one at a time.

Other than Mormons, why would anybody want more than one (wife).

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Other than Mormons, why would anybody want more than one (wife).

Lol

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Any WOZ owners wishing they bought an AC/DC Premium instead?

It wasn't an either/or thing, but it just so happened that I ordered my AC/DC Prem and cancelled WOZ around the same time.

#23 10 years ago

Bought both. Just played the one I bought last spring. The one I bought in 2011 has yet to be built for me but hopefully will one of these days.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Any WOZ owners wishing they bought an AC/DC Premium instead? PM me, I'm thinking the same thing - in reverse!

Buy ACDC in 2012 = Play game for 2 years

& Then...

Sell ACDC in 2014 = Get a HUO WOZ for similar price

Or

Buy WOZ in 2011 = Get a WOZ in 2014

& Then...

Oh, there is no "& then" with this scenario

---------------------

Basically even if you bought WOZ a year before ACDC you still wouldn't have bought a WOZ today if bought indicates tangible ownership. If bought represents "fiat pinball" then I dunno

It's like paying a mortgage on a house that's hasn't been built yet.

Reminds me. A person with a mortgage is not a home owner, they just have an elaborate rental agreement n stuff gnome sing?

Anyway sell your ACDC when they are actually in stock & you have the best of both worlds. Shit that makes me think you never really own a pinball machine, you just wear out the shooter lane for the next guy

#25 10 years ago

No, not at all. WOZECLE is going to be a classic and a one of a kind game. AC/DC is just another pin no matter what any fans think.

#26 10 years ago

I kinda wish I had WOZ over SM, but I have a 2.5 yearl old who LOVES SM. It's a really tough call. Wish I could go in for Hobbit but cash is tight these days.

#27 10 years ago

I have both WOZECLE and LTBR. They obviously play very differently. In my collection, Black Spider-man is getting the least play and will have to go...

#28 10 years ago

Not a chance! Played both many times , and there is no comparison to overall quality. The completion of the code brings WOZ, into an intirely new period of pinball advancement.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It wasn't an either/or thing, but it just so happened that I ordered my AC/DC Prem and cancelled WOZ around the same time.

That's ok big daddy Rare, you F'ed up but now you can pick up a Woz with completed code later..

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

No, not at all. WOZECLE is going to be a classic and a one of a kind game. AC/DC is just another pin no matter what any fans think.

I think that's right.....in fact, I know that's right....still love em both....but Woz is special...really special..

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's ok big daddy Rare, you F'ed up but now you can pick up a Woz with completed code later..

The only F-up I made was not flipping it

#32 10 years ago

As has been said many times, the playfield and cabinet of WOZ is gorgeous.
Attention to detail is obvious in the look of the mechs, the clearcoat, etc.
The LCD and the playfield lighting make this pin look more modern than any other.
Once Keith Johnson has worked his magic (and no doubt he will) the game will likely be considered the new standard in pins.

However, LFS has already worked his magic on ACDC and the result is outstanding.
KME has posted that ACDC has the best rules ever on a pin. I have not put enough time on it to concede that title to ACDC, but have enjoyed the rules to ACDC from the minute that I started to understand them.

I'm really looking forward to what WOZ turns out to be and will put it directly on location alongside ACDC.

I never wished that I had bought anything else besides WOZ, but when I was able to buy a ACDC, I did that also.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

And you guys wonder why WOZ threads always turn bad.

#35 10 years ago

I think they're both cool and different.

It's a little like Ali v. Frazier.

In one corner, there's the premiere pin from the new company with established talent that desperately wants to make a splash by pitching raising the bar for construction and play, and brings probably THE most loved film of all time into a clearcoated cabinet and LCD backglass, and has it programmed by (one of?) the deepest programmers of all time.

In the other corner, there's the established torchbearer for the hobby, showing what it can produce when it wants to make a statement about how to not just design, but produce, a cutting edge pin, pulling a superstar designer and giving him free reign to do what he wants with a fistpumping license.

C'mon! The answer is obvious. Get BOTH (the same answer in virtually every other Pin X vs Pin Y thread around here)!

#36 10 years ago

played both version, good games.
i decided to buy a pro, the foggy robot from hell did do much for me.
people don't like angus face, i do, after all angus is ac/dc.
but i have to agree the light show on the premium is very nice... leds on the pro is very nice also.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

And you guys wonder why WOZ threads always turn bad.

So years from now what on an AC/DC is going to be a big game changer for pinball? WOZ has that chance to push the envelope. Innovation = more creation and competition which is good for all whether you like the theme or game. TZ pushed that envelope years ago and pinball was better off for it. Pin2000 didn't have the same short team effect, but I'm sure those ideas went into WOZ which in turn will make Stern and other strive to innovate. Not a bad thing in my book.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

16,500 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 16.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-woz-owners-wishing-they-bought-an-acdc-premium-instead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.