Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HignScores.jpg
    There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 11 years ago

I never thought about him going to PAPA. Maybe it will get done before he goes. That is what I am hoping for.

#202 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Not so sure about that. With Lyman most likely heading to PAPA I'm sure the update is a couple weeks away at least.

Maybe before PAPA.

BTW... Back In Black is never leaving my collection. Top 5 Stern.

#203 11 years ago

Agreed. It's one of their best for sure. Pure fun!

#204 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Maybe before PAPA.
    BTW... Back In Black is never leaving my collection. Top 5 Stern.

Dude, where in the hell are you storing all those games? I must say that is impressive.

#205 11 years ago

I say it over and over and yet the longer that time keeps passing it still hold true. AC/DC is the most fun I have on a Pinball. Every night!

#206 11 years ago

I forgot about PAPA. Yah, that'll probably set him back a week....

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I say it over and over and yet the longer that time keeps passing it still hold true. AC/DC is the most fun I have on a Pinball. Every night!

#207 11 years ago

I am actually on the exact opposite fence as Hassell Castle on this one.

I just got the game and I can't stop playing it.

AC/DC is all I have been playing (A LOT) for the last 24 hours while my X-Men just sits there and looks pretty.

This will obviously change once X-Men gets its much needed code update but for now I am really enjoying AC/DC.

P.S. If you don't have a subwoofer/amp upgrade or an external subwoofer wired to AC/DC then you are truly missing a whole other level of enjoyment. I have it hooked up to an external sub with the tweeters upgraded and my house sounds like a rock concert!

#208 11 years ago

External sub rocks for sure.

#209 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Glad to see you got the game , I still can't believe someone traded a SM for a premium ?

I just hit a 109 million song jackpot on mine last night .. Cool game.

Jim

#210 11 years ago

I borrowed my Powered Sub from my TV and put it on my AC/DC. It sounds awesome.
    Well, I say borrowed, but I have no desire to move it back anytime soon.

#211 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

AC/DC is all I have been playing (A LOT) for the last 24 hours while my X-Men just sits there and looks pretty.

This will obviously change once X-Men gets its much needed code update but for now I am really enjoying AC/DC.

I cant agree with you more....Even after the Xmen update it will be hard pressed for it to beat how much fun ACDC is.

With a strong effort by Lyman on this next update it could become a top 5 fixture for years.

#212 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I cant agree with you more....Even after the Xmen update it will be hard pressed for it to beat how much fun ACDC is.
    With a strong effort by Lyman on this next update it could become a top 5 fixture for years.

I think they are completely different games. XM is way more mode based than AC/DC. AC/DC is more like IM, and neither are as deep as XM, but I think both AC/DC and IM get the adrenaline pumping more than XM (and I don't expect the updated code to change that).

#213 11 years ago

I agree with Hassel regarding ACDC's ruleset. My preference is goal driven games and ACDC is more of a system 11-type scoring and multiplier driven game. Nothing wrong with that if you like it, I just happen to prefer a different experience. Like everyone else, I hope the new code adds some of the gameplay I enjoy.

Having said that, I don't see it going anywhere. Since I like goal games, ACDC is different from my other stuff and therefore a bit unique for me. Just need to shake the feeling that I need a calculator to play it properly.

#214 11 years ago

When it's all said and done I have no doubt AC/DC with be Lyman's masterpiece and possibly the best game he has programmed. The game is a true blast and adrenaline rush.

Hassle needs to drink some more Kool aid and maybe it will grow on him

#215 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I think they are completely different games. XM is way more mode based than AC/DC. AC/DC is more like IM, and neither are as deep as XM, but I think both AC/DC and IM get the adrenaline pumping more than XM (and I don't expect the updated code to change that).

I'll agree that the gameplay is very fast & has a similar feel to IM but the way you are constantly risking your song jackpot is what makes you on your toes the whole game. IM was fun but really cant match the intensity that you feel when you pass up a 30 mil jackpot cause the 2x or 3x isnt running. Do or Die is close but if your lucky youll only see that once a game. ACDC its pretty much every ball.

Like MN said I'm hoping Lyman gives it the full treatment when finishing the code. Wonder what song or songs they may add too. Hopefully Life music like whats in the adjustments.

I'm hoping the team doing the Xmen code really comes up with something special but I cant ever see constant combos on it cause of the really tight shots. Sure you may have a nice 3 or 4 way combo at times but that may be about as far as it gets.

Dont forget your favorite game isnt really mode based so Maybe you would like ACDC over Xmen in that regards.

#216 11 years ago

Isn't collecting albums "mode based" or collecting tour tickets ?

Game kicks ass, all day all night everyday every night ! I think it is funny that some of the guys who did not like the game are now searching for one .. I think every collection should have one !

Jim

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Game kicks ass, all day all night everyday every night ! I think it is funny that some of the guys who did not like the game are now searching for one .. I think every collection should have one !
    Jim

Not sure i'd call it mode based....Just another name for Jackpots. I for one am glad it isnt a mode based game. I have SM & now Xmen for that. ACDC was the perfect storm for Stern & hopefully it doesnt fizzle out and the code makes it even greater.

#218 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I borrowed my Powered Sub from my TV and put it on my AC/DC. It sounds awesome.
    Well, I say borrowed, but I have no desire to move it back anytime soon.

Was this easy to wire up? I like the idea.

#219 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I am actually on the exact opposite fence as Hassell Castle on this one.
    P.S. If you don't have a subwoofer/amp upgrade or an external subwoofer wired to AC/DC then you are truly missing a whole other level of enjoyment. I have it hooked up to an external sub with the tweeters upgraded and my house sounds like a rock concert!

ACKADACKA strikes yet again!!!

#220 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Jim

hey man!
    what's goin' on?

#221 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

AC/DC and IM are more wide than anything else, tons of stacking opportunities at the same time. Like Pancakes. XM is more like a carrot from everyone's descriptions of the game, nothing stacks but the carrot goes deep. Then you have games like tspp which are like a stack of 30 pancakes. :0

#222 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

hey man!
    what's goin' on?

Hey Glen ,
    Lots of AC/DC for sure ..

#223 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Was this easy to wire up? I like the idea.

Very easy. Just get a length of speaker wire and put two alligator clips on one end.
    Clamp these onto the sub in the bottom of your cabinet.
    Put the other end into the high level inputs on your Sub. These are the red and black speaker wire clips on the back of the sub.
    Some people worried that this would over load the speaker system, but it does not hurt it at all.
    It works like a charm.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/external-sub-on-sterns-how-to-help-please

#224 11 years ago

I've been trying to play ACDC for 5 days, no friggin time. Maybe tonight is the night!

#225 11 years ago

I wouldn't be shocked to hear Lyman updating the code before PAPA, world class players already know which songs to spam to get max points, and he does plan on fixing at least one track as I understand. That would be the perfect time to roll out that update, when the pro players think their strategy is rock solid.

#226 11 years ago

I think that would be best if he did it before PAPA then he would not have to hear everyone bitching at him about unfinished code the whole time he was there. Then maybe he could go to PAPA and enjoy playing some pinball.

#227 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I think that would be best if he did it before PAPA then he would not have to hear everyone bitching at him about unfinished code the whole time he was there. Then maybe he could go to PAPA and enjoy playing some pinball.

He needs time for that final, rumored Tron update........one day maybe?

#228 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He needs time for that final, rumored Tron update........one day maybe?

Updates Needed:

- AC/DC
    - X-Men
    - Tron (Not "needed" but would be really cool, lol)

#229 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Very easy. Just get a length of speaker wire and put two alligator clips on one end.
    Clamp these onto the sub in the bottom of your cabinet.
    Put the other end into the high level inputs on your Sub. These are the red and black speaker wire clips on the back of the sub.
    Some people worried that this would over load the speaker system, but it does not hurt it at all.
    It works like a charm.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/external-sub-on-sterns-how-to-help-please

I actually explained why it won't overload the amp in another thread. the high level input presents an insignificant impedance to the amp so there's no downside.

Please note that my thread that talks about how to massively improve acdc for under $80 produces better results than a cheap external sub for less money with about as much difficulty as adding an external sub. I went from external back to internal and got quite a sound improvement.

#230 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Updates Needed:
    - AC/DC
    - X-Men
    - Tron (Not "needed" but would be really cool, lol)

The only games that need an update in my opinion are xmen and acdc. Tron is great as it is. TFLE would benefit from an update but it's finished as it stands also.

#231 11 years ago

XM and TF both aren't Lyman code games, so Stern probably isn't going to have Lyman fixing those codes, they have multiple programmers for a reason, even if the other programmers aren't as good.

#232 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

XM and TF both aren't Lyman code games, so Stern probably isn't going to have Lyman fixing those codes, they have multiple programmers for a reason, even if the other programmers aren't as good.

Not sure if anyone suggested Lyman do it...

#233 11 years ago

Ok, I put some good play time on AC/DC Premium over the weekend since my rant last week.
    The game is starting to grow on me. Can't say yet if I'm completely sold on it yet as it's plays
    different than what I'm used to, but so far I'm liking it...and hating it at the same time.

I'm starting to learn the shots for each of the songs.
    This game is F'ING HARD! My gawd it seems like as soon as I have a semi-decent Song Jackpot built up....DRAIN! I'm so tempted to punch the glass, but instead I hit the start button again.

Heck I thought Tron had taken the cake for short ball times and hard game play......AC/DC is making TRON look like a walk in the park at this point.

I'm about ready to close the outlanes and put a post between the flippers like on Spidey .....
    Just kiddin'....game is setup at factory settings.

#234 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

DRAIN! I'm so tempted to punch the glass, but instead I hit the start button again.

Thats what makes it so addicting. It hurts but you want more ; )

Even worse is you will have that one great game and then you are in trouble..

#235 11 years ago

I pushed the flipper button in attract mode the other day and it said " Welcome to Hell in a box."

I started laughing and pushed the start button for just 1 more game and then another and another.
    I really like the game and can't wait for the code to be finished. It's gonna rock even more.

#236 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Welcome to Hell in a box."

you off your meds dude......i never heard that.

#237 11 years ago

I have heard that.

#238 11 years ago

The machine says about ten different things and " welcome to hell in a box " is one of them .

Jim

#239 11 years ago

When did they ad those. was that in 1.52?

#240 11 years ago

I got the "Welcome to hell in a box" quote while leaning on the flipper button during a cleaning. Scared the hell out of me.

#241 11 years ago

Cool! I need to listen more and maybe drink less when playing ; )

#242 11 years ago

Heck I thought Tron had taken the cake for short ball times and hard game play......AC/DC is making TRON look like a walk in the park at this point.

Yes I agree with this and the AC/DC Pro is even harder.
    I played Tron last night after a few games on AC/DC and it seemed much slower than I remember.
    I tell my boys AC/DC has a foot under it and it will just kick your but sometimes. But we come back to try and kick it but all the time.

#243 11 years ago

Ok, I put some good play time on AC/DC Premium over the weekend since my rant last week.
    The game is starting to grow on me. Can't say yet if I'm completely sold on it yet as it's plays
    different than what I'm used to, but so far I'm liking it...and hating it at the same time.
    I'm starting to learn the shots for each of the songs.
    This game is F'ING HARD! My gawd it seems like as soon as I have a semi-decent Song Jackpot built up....DRAIN! I'm so tempted to punch the glass, but instead I hit the start button again.
    I'm about ready to close the outlanes and put a post between the flippers like on Spidey .....
    Just kiddin'....game is setup at factory settings.

Craig,
    Nice to see you are coming around to appreciating AC/DC a bit more.
    When the game was first announced and I saw that ugly face on the pro version I never would have dreamed I would own one. But after playing it at the Dallas show I knew I had to try.
    Luckily I got a deal for my 2 pin 2000 machines and I don't miss them one bit. My entire family is addicted to AC/DC even though it is the hardest machine to play that we have. I did move my outlane post down to the lower spot, but even with that the game is still extremely challenging.
    Still hoping for new code by Friday. Fingers crossed.

#244 11 years ago

Xmen thread said after Papa for the ACDC code Xmen Friday. It's taking a while so hopefully that means a lot of good updates .

#245 11 years ago

Yep, I am running version 1.52 as well and heard the audible call out in attract mode.
    It was hilarious when it happened too.

It was Friday evening and we had the game setup in our entry way to our house as my buddy was coming over Saturday to help me move it upstairs. It was about 9:30pm and as me, my wife and our 5 year old were sitting on the couch about to watch a movie, I asked my 9 year old to go over and turn off AC/DC. He walked over to it and hit the flipper button and was yelled out by Steve Ritchie "Welcome to Hell in a Box" ....it scared the crap out of him and we all got a chuckle out of it.

I too agree about Tron seeming slow now...although we all know it's not.
    I haven't been able to get to Sea of Simulation in a while. However after playing several games of AC/DC last night and then moving over to TRON, on my first game I got 50 million which isn't that easy and lit and played Quorra Multiball twice, I was one shot away from SoS and blew it, but it just felt so much easier to do after playing AC/DC. Guess it's time to take out my 2" drill bit and install that extra Space Shuttle Pop-Up Shield between the flippers on AC/DC tonight

#246 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cool! I need to listen more and maybe drink less when playing ; )

Me to ha ha

#247 11 years ago

Well xmen got its update seems like a good one, hope AC/DC update lives up to the hype.

#248 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Well xmen got its update seems like a good one, hope AC/DC update lives up to the hype.

Me to, but I gotta be honest... all the modes and progression goals the Xmen guys are raving about has me thinking I picked the wrong game.

#249 11 years ago

Very different. Love both

#250 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Xmen thread said after Papa for the ACDC code Xmen Friday. It's taking a while so hopefully that means a lot of good updates .

After PAPA means NOT before PAPA (that's all). No ETA.

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-word-on-new-acdc-code/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.