Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HignScores.jpg
    There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 11 years ago

cheers Peter, its on five ball and ive moved the posts to close the outlanes a bit. I also have it on Tournament mode (three ball only - no extras). I find it useful to have the start button set to five ball games with extras and the Tournament button for three ball games.

2 weeks later
    #152 11 years ago

When did they say it was coming? That would help kill the time waiting to take a trip to WOZ!

#154 11 years ago

We done get free tourney mode buttons in the US Nice scores are you sure you don't have the rubber band outlane mod? hahaha!!

Hoping the update should hit soon, running out of time for this week.

#155 11 years ago

I played about 5 games on mine last night. After a few months, It's still just plain fun. New code would be cool, but I'm not that great a player and I often do not progress to whatever levels are supposed to be enhanced by said updates.

#156 11 years ago

I still play it every day and its still the best pin period!

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I still play it every day and its still the best pin period!

+1000

#158 11 years ago

I sold my pro to upgrade to the premium.....just a ridiculously addictive game!

#159 11 years ago

I'm sorry, I just have bad taste in my mouth from some past code issues.

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

I'm sorry, I just have bad taste in my mouth from some past code issues.

I am not thrilled about the scoring issue on Xmen but that has nothing to do with the fact that if they did not one thing more to this pin it is still my households favorite game and especially mine. Add a few more tweaks and that is just a cherry on top. Its that much fun.

#161 11 years ago

Only a few more hours left for a Friday release.
    Looks like it will not happen.

#162 11 years ago

What made you think today?

#163 11 years ago

I guess I'll chime in here.

Got my game yesterday, set it up....and my one word to describe it "DISAPPOINTED!"

I was uber excited to get it home and get it set up and ready to rock out all night on it. Me and the boys had a good time playing it. I'm reading and hearing so much talk about how "this is Stern's best game". "I can't stop playing it ..., Better than Spider-Man...blah blah blah". Are you guys nuts?

After putting several hours on it, I gotta say, I'm not impressed at this point with the games software (1.52). And I feel others are drinking the AC/DC Kool-aid. Yeah the game looks fantastic, and the sound is rockin. But I don't get it. There at this point seems to be no real long term GOAL ...or Wizard Mode to go after. Now I know that a Wizard Mode isn't even in the software yet. But still at this point it just seems like a points & multiball game only. Getting the three multi-balls is pretty basic to achieve. At this point the rules in the game don't seem much more than your System 11 game where you are just trying to get to a Multi-ball and score a bunch of points by various shots and jackpots..but no BIG goal to achieve. Was this the intention of this game? If that's the case...then this isn't my kind of game. I'm not playing to just score high points, I like to play games that have modes and achievements.
    know personally with the newer games, I like my pinballs to be "goal driven". Tron is a good example of that, make the quorra loop so many shots to light Quorra Multiball, then light Quorra Multiball at the Arcade Scoop. Shoot the scoop to start Quora Multiball, Start multiball, and hit the Recognizer three bank to add more balls and to lower bank. Complete/Beat Quorra Multiball mode by making make the GEM loop. This is a good example of just one mode in Tron that is like how I like to play pinball. I like having a goal to do, an achievement that must be accomplished to beat a mode for example. Which is a progression towards the Wizard Mode. Points are fun...but I'm not really interested in spending over $6k on a pinball that's main objective is to just get 3 basic multiballs and jackpots. If that's the case, I can refer back to pins of the late 80's.

What I'm getting out of the game is that you pick a song. Hit whatever the shots are for that song which build up the cannon jackpot. Light the cannon, hit the drop target ..and receive the current jackpot you have built up for that song. While in a song, hit the various shots, etc. for at least 8 other songs during the game..and the jukebox will relight so that you can pick now a different song. Nothing is showing on the jukebox to show that you have "beat" a song as you can continue to keep playing the same song over and over, even if the jukebox has relit. Am I missing something here?

My .02

P.S. I don't mean to bash the game at this point, I'm holding out hope that the next update really brings this game to life more so than it is now. If it doesn't than this game isn't my type of game and it will be for sale. I've played deeper System 11 games (Taxi, Whirlwind, etc.) that have more stackable modes to them than this. Just bummed over the amount of money I've spent ONCE AGAIN on an unfinished game. Wake up Stern! If it's not finished...DON'T SELL IT! Finish it before it goes out the door. Reminds me of my Spiderman I bought back in 2007. Sold it about a year later. Picked one up again several years later once the software was done.

#164 11 years ago

Realistically i would think School time for release. later August mid September. After Xmen before Avengers. Thats not a fact just a good guess i would say.

#165 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Got my game yesterday, set it up....and my one word to describe it "DISAPPOINTED!"

Welcome to the minority, sorry you don't like it, but most love it. The game has been out long enough and tons of feedback on it you should have easily been able to know the game plays exactly as you describe not liking those "type" of games.

#166 11 years ago

I guess I'll chime in here.

Hey Hasseell, I can see where you are coming from. This game is definitely more score based than mode based...so if mode based is what you want AC/DC may not be the best game for you. That said I think the code update will improve the "goals" portion. From what I understand there will indeed not only be the encore wizard mode, but some other goals as well. What those are I am not quite certain, I do know for one if you complete a multi ball and get the super jackpot the insert stays lit so that must mean perhaps a goal for completing those as well? Maybe some other stuff. The game is fun as is, super fun. I do however think in order for it to be a true "keeper" some of this must come to fruition we shall see.

#167 11 years ago

I was hoping the code was going to be out today since Stern said on Facebook a few weeks. That was on July 18th. Nothing we can do but wait. I'm sure the new code will make this a great game.
    I love it the way it is now but it has so many things in it that don't work yet I can hardly wait for the new code. It will be like getting a new game all over again.

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Welcome to the minority, sorry you don't like it, but most love it. The game has been out long enough and tons of feedback on it you should have easily been able to know the game plays exactly as you describe not liking those "type" of games.

Ahhhh no. No where did I read anywhere this would be a score driven game without goal driven modes. I guess I wish I would have seen that to make the judgement call on whether to purchase it or not. I'm not in minority...if I was...we wouldn't have several threads about WANTING & WAITING for the software to be updated. That being said....are you happy with it now, as it stands? I'm not! It's very shallow. Honestly the most shallow game that Stern has pumped out in years at this point. Guys the game has been out in pro form since February and the last software update was in May....the update is overdue as far as I'm concerned.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #170 11 years ago

I am happy with it the way it stands but knowing of all the things I paid extra for on the premium that do not work yet I am not happy with. I knew things did not work when I bought the game and was willing to wait for them. I think I is a great game and going to be a top 5 pin when it's all said and done.

#171 11 years ago

or Wizard Mode to go after.

Not shocked. Do you like TSPP or LOTR?

I hate them. But folks love them. I like ramps, points and music. No interest in pursuing anything. I think its very clear that its not that kind of game. I would caution that player not to buy it. This is for quick adrenalin rush short ball times, light em up play...period.

Not good or bad but different.

#172 11 years ago

Hwawonyu,

To answer your question yes and no.
    Yes, I do like TSPP a lot (wish I still had mine, sold it for financial reasons a few years back and would like to pursue getting another one in the future). LOTR never really grew on me because I never cared for the movies. But yes, I do like those types of games. Let me clarify though, I'm not looking for super epic games like those listed above that will take you 45 minutes to get through the game and they are super deep. I'm happy with the one's that have objectives and goals that are not super deep, IM, TRON, Batman, Avatar, TF. All of these games have modes to play and beat ..and they're not epic like TSPP or LOTR. I think we're comparing games on both far reaches of the spectrum.

AC/DC at this point has none of this. There are no goals at this point to accomplish. Just bash the shots for the lit song, cash in at the Cannon, light some other songs along the way, and repeat at he jukebox and play 3 different multiballs. I want to play it and feel that I beat the game..I got to the end of it...the grand finale and got to something spectacular that isn't easy to accomplish, but makes me want to replay to try to get to that goal again next time.

Once again, hold out hopes for the next revision.

#173 11 years ago

I also prefer mode based games. As for completions, Acdc does have this. You have to beat each mb to light the inserts solid. If you haven't done that then the fact that encore isn't there yet doesn't impact you. I recommend you watch Bowens tutorial on it.

#174 11 years ago

I played plenty of games of AC/DC at the Dallas show and new well ahead what I was purchasing.
    I still love the game, as does my entire family and friends. We just can't stop playing this game.
    Really sorry you do not care for it as is, but I have to say there was plenty of info on how this game played prior to now. I guess if the the new update does not do much for you then out it goes.
    Even if the update never comes out my AC/DC is staying right in my game room.

#175 11 years ago

What is the link to Bowens tutorial.
    I actually tried to find it last night to learn about objectives on the game as I couldn't figure out how to start multiball.

The only video for AC/DC that I found with Bowen was a video of him commentating at Papa as 4 players competed against each other. It was helpful and I learned some stuff, but not as helpful as his tutorial videos.

Can you send me the link please?

#176 11 years ago

Did you not play the game before sinking $6,000+ into it? The game has been our for a few months now.

Maybe if you pre-ordered but even then if you kept it NIB until you played it you could have gotten all your money back.

AC/DC at this point has none of this. There are no goals at this point to accomplish. Just bash the shots for the lit song, cash in at the Cannon, light some other songs along the way, and repeat at he jukebox and play 3 different multiballs.

You know they keep selling unfinished games because you buy unfinished games, right?

I've spent ONCE AGAIN on an unfinished game. Wake up Stern! If it's not finished...DON'T SELL IT!

So, you are 100% aware that Stern often releases games unfinished, you bought it NIB anyway knowing at the very least it was a possibility, now you are bitching about what you knew? How does the expression go, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me? Something like that....

Reminds me of my spiderman I bought back in 2007. Sold it about a year later. Picked one up again several years later once the software was done.

#177 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

So, you are 100% aware that Stern often releases games unfinished, you bought it NIB anyway knowing at the very least it was a possibility, now you are bitching about what you knew? How does the expression go, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me? Something like that....

Mike best to just not read these threads. Your blood pressure it spiking again.

#178 11 years ago

Can you send me the link please?

http://papa.org/blog/

Click Tutorial Tab

Click ACDC

#179 11 years ago

I just don't get it, that's all. If I'm not mistaken, Forney is a suburb of Dallas so he had access to play one before he bought it. I mean, who doesn't make a trip to an arcade to play before purchasing a $6,500 game? But let's say he couldn't, he was burned once on SM, he knows he doesn't enjoy a certain type of game and there was a good chance this would be one of them.

He bought it anyway, but then is bitching. He is a financial supporter of Stern by buying their games, then bitches that they are unacceptable due to code issues?

I just don't get it.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

best to just not read these threads. Your blood pressure it spiking again.

#180 11 years ago

I actually tried to find it last night to learn about objectives on the game as I couldn't figure out how to start multiball.

Instant Info tells X ramps for Jam MB, X loops for Tour MB, etc..

Sorry you don't like MB themed play, but with the Encore mode and more, I think you will be glad if you keep AC/DC till after the next update.
    What I like, even now, is the way the game allows YOU to decide what way you want to play, and NOT forcing me to shoot the GEM shot.
    You can pick different songs when you are trying for certain MB's, (Tour and War Machine)
    Or maybe you want to go for You Shook Me and then play MB through that and try to rack up a huge song Jackpot.
    Don't forget to hit the bell and 2x or 3x that!
    I also think the score multiplier can multiply how fast you build song JP's, then multiply the jackpot even after that.
    All this will become more strategic when Encore is the goal, but you must decide what songs to play in what order, and combine with what MB, all while deciding when to pull the trigger on the bell and multiply your points!

All said, maybe just try to play the game going for score in different ways and not so much looking for the game to tell you what to do next. The game can be played so many different ways with that in mind.
    Or maybe it's just not the game for you, but I personally like it alot.
    -DNO-

#181 11 years ago

Oh, and shoot the right ramp to cannon to START multiball.

#182 11 years ago

love my new wolverine x-men, but it still doesn't compare to ACDC

#183 11 years ago

Have to agree with most people here. If you just recently bought it there has been plenty of time to go out n try it, watch videos of gameplay, or even ask for opinions on it. It was quite obvious from the get go that ACDC was not going to be a mode based game.

#184 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

love my new wolverine x-men, but it still doesn't compare to ACDC

Nothing does. (:

#185 11 years ago

How ironic would it be if the new code makes the game less fun

Quoted from smassa:

Nothing does. (:

#186 11 years ago

Just keep a copy of the old code around

#187 11 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Instant Info tells X ramps for Jam MB, X loops for Tour MB, etc..
    Sorry you don't like MB themed play, but with the Encore mode and more, I think you will be glad if you keep AC/DC till after the next update.
    What I like, even now, is the way the game allows YOU to decide what way you want to play, and NOT forcing me to shoot the GEM shot.
    You can pick different songs when you are trying for certain MB's, (Tour and War Machine)
    Or maybe you want to go for You Shook Me and then play MB through that and try to rack up a huge song Jackpot.
    Don't forget to hit the bell and 2x or 3x that!
    I also think the score multiplier can multiply how fast you build song JP's, then multiply the jackpot even after that.
    All this will become more strategic when Encore is the goal, but you must decide what songs to play in what order, and combine with what MB, all while deciding when to pull the trigger on the bell and multiply your points!
    All said, maybe just try to play the game going for score in different ways and not so much looking for the game to tell you what to do next. The game can be played so many different ways with that in mind.
    Or maybe it's just not the game for you, but I personally like it alot.
    -DNO-

Well said. Hit the nail on the head. You choose your fate by your song choices and shots. Build the Jackpots or cash in? Stack MB or go seperate. So many different ways to play it. Tron was a straight line. Had to play it the same everytime. Like many others.

#188 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What made you think today?

The fact the the next days are Saturday and Sunday. Not going to see a release on the weekend.

#189 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How ironic would it be if the new code makes the game less fun

Wow, what a thought!

#190 11 years ago

Lol impossible. I am actually looking forward to the code and hope that the color changing LEDs give the game more direction. For a simple game it aint bad and the music makes it fun to play for sure, however dont say your going all out on a pin lol.

#191 11 years ago

Anyone know anything? This week maybe?

#192 11 years ago

When did Stern blast (twitter, facebook,etc) that an Update was imminent, 3 weeks ago?. Just asking?

#193 11 years ago

They put it out on July 18th

#194 11 years ago

Who are your favorite ZOMBIES?

#195 11 years ago

Rob Zombie!!

Quoted from AkumaZeto:Who are your favorite ZOMBIES?

#196 11 years ago

I would expect it to come this week based on the very vague time frames I was hearing....but...they aren't going to put it out until its "right" so if its taking longer to get it right maybe it means they are putting a lot into it.

#197 11 years ago

White Zombie was badass, Rob Zombie's movies are badass, not so much everything else.

#198 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Who are your favorite ZOMBIES?

I still remember back in March on that other board, Gary Stern told me to "Save my money and buy Resident Evil." I suspected that it was actually him.

#199 11 years ago

Gary cant open his fricking email let alone post on pinball head. You know i can post as gary stern on there too right?

#200 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I would expect it to come this week based on the very vague time frames I was hearing....but...they aren't going to put it out until its "right" so if its taking longer to get it right maybe it means they are putting a lot into it.

Not so sure about that. With Lyman most likely heading to PAPA I'm sure the update is a couple weeks away at least.

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-word-on-new-acdc-code/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.