Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The_Monster_Squad_cover.jpg
220px-Monster_Party_Box.JPG
error_error_does_not_compute.jpg
image.jpg
Clipboard01AAAA.jpg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Version 1.03 vs 1.06 was a big improvement but game needs a lot of work yet

#2 10 years ago

I'm guessing they are focused on LE code and there's no reason to release it to the public.

#3 10 years ago

I could point fingers but i wont.

#4 10 years ago

You're kidding right? 2 weeks.....give it a couple months.

#5 10 years ago

People won't be happy with a 'couple of months'...

#6 10 years ago

But Metallica is the #1 pinball machine of all time... even better than MM! Why would it need another code update? Its already the best

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Be sure to hit up this thread if you think something is missing:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-enhancement-requests

1.06 feels solid to me, but I do hope there's more to come.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You're kidding right? 2 weeks.....give it a couple months.

totally. If you're backing Stern, you gotta have patience....(I'm a huge Stern supporter, understand that it always take longer for these updates than people would like...)..

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Dude, what boat did you just step off of?

You are talking about the STERN Pinball (version of Metallica), right?

#10 10 years ago

Obviously the "weekly updates" was merely a rumor.

No biggie; what did you expect?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Obviously the "weekly updates" was merely a rumor.

they absolutely where not. they are just staying in house now.

#12 10 years ago

The title of this thread stings for all Xmen owners.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

they absolutely where not. they are just staying in house now.

wtf is the point of that exactly?
cruel and unusual punishment?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

totally. If you're backing Stern, you gotta have patience....(I'm a huge Stern supporter, understand that it always take longer for these updates than people would like...)..

Yup, still waiting for the WOF update.

#15 10 years ago

They are probably programming the features for the LE release

#16 10 years ago

wtf is the point of that exactly?
cruel and unusual punishment?

lol yeah i was just joking. But i am sure he has updates on his machine. Since Le's are likely being boxed for the boat ride i assume he is working on getting things functional enough to package and ship.

1 week later
#17 10 years ago

END OF THE LIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEEE

#18 10 years ago

Stop buying incomplete games folks!

I won't buy MET until its finished.

The waiting sucks enough as it is (because I want one) but no way I'd want to wait while holding a $4500 depreciating purchase. The X-Men, TF & WOF fiascos are not forgotten.

Incomplete NIB games are hollow victories.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's funny how this 'incomplete' game is already a lot more fun than the majority of 'complete' games. It will be even more fun when the next code drops!

I'll buy whatever I so choose, thank you very much.

#20 10 years ago

Wow 2 weeks think of the wheel of fortune owners or xmen owners

#21 10 years ago

So what are the big issues right now? When I played Metallica a couple times I rocked it and didn't notice anything that was so major I'd post wanting a code update. So, maybe I missed the big thing or is it minor stuff?

#22 10 years ago

Missing modes is the main thing. Minor bug fixes as well.

#23 10 years ago

Not sure why some people are pertuating the wait of unfinished WOF software. Please move on, the current release is as finished as it is EVER GOING TO GET. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. THERE WILL NEVER BE A WOF UPDATE AGAIN.

Now XMEN is entirely different. We are waiting for another update of the code thats being tested NOW at Stern. And, we should see another update after this one. So hopefully the next 2 updates complete the game functionally and asthetically.

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Wow 2 weeks think of the Wheel of Fortune owners or xmen owners

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

THERE WILL NEVER BE A WOF UPDATE AGAIN.

not true at all! There is another version that certain people in the community already have that most do not have. Awaiting Gomez's approval to release to 'Public"

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

not true at all! There is another version that certain people in the community already have that most do not have. Awaiting Gomez's approval to release to 'Public"

Really!?! That's great news for WOF owners...never too late I guess.

#26 10 years ago

I'm sure that Lyman has unreleased code from all of the games. I will be happy for the WOF owners and retract my statement if we ever see another WOF update.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

#27 10 years ago

It's funny how this 'incomplete' game is already a lot more fun than the majority of 'complete' games. It will be even more fun when the next code drops!
I'll buy whatever I so choose, thank you very much.

I hear you man, MET looks great!

Just saying the folks complaining about incomplete code when they knowingly bought a game with incomplete code seems a bit premature to me.

Not saying they/you don't have a point, just saying its par for the course or whatever it is the old folks say.

Hopefully this game is so damn cool I just have to have one... I am selling BW, JP & TFTC over the next 6 weeks so space & money will be mine

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Just saying the folks complaining about incomplete code when they knowingly bought a game with incomplete code seems a bit premature to me.

When we now live in a world where we can flash code updates to our machines, you'd better start getting used to it.

I would imagine they want the hardware out the door asap so they can begin production on their next project. Code can continue to be written and then released so that owners can upgrade the machines themselves.

That's how I see it anyways...

#29 10 years ago

Need to make so you can super skill all the time by holding a flipper button.

#30 10 years ago

Updates are almost guaranteed before the Stern Launch Parties.I'm betting before Saturday.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Every game, app, or piece of tech released today has incomplete code.
Be it: PS3, XBOX, iOS, PC, Pinball, Arcade, Phones, Laptops etc etc etc

This is a sign of the times.
Nothing ships "finished final" anymore, just "consumer ready"

I'm not complaining, just anxious to reach the end of the liiiiiiiinnneeeeeee

#32 10 years ago

Guys I'm a 34 year old gamer, gadget fanatic & a fellow pinhead...

I understand technology, updates & etc.

My point is Stern doesn't have a solid reputation in the updates department so I don't buy early.

If you do buy early dont gripe about code being incomplete.

No offense to those with a MET as I truly am jealous & I feel your pain

But I'm gonna hold my cash until the game has some meat & taters in the code

#33 10 years ago

2 weeks ? LOL !! I wouldn't expect anything remotely considered "complete" until after the LE's and Premiums that were pre-ordered have shipped out.

I've bought 17 NIB Stern pins over the years. The code was usually 95% complete with only a few things needed afterwards, but then the SAM system came along with the whole we'll ship it like this and update later. I believe it all started with WPT. Since then this whole game with the code has had it's ups and downs. WOF was ridiculous and apparently still is, but I gave up on that dead horse a long time ago.

Correct me if my memory fades me, but I believe SM 2.0 took over a year before it was released. Not that the game was incomplete before that code release, but when it comes to Stern, the code people want or expect could take a year or never be released at all. Stern's history proves that and anyone that buys a pin from them should already know that unless their a newbie. I know the risk involved and I've gotten burned from it, but I have no one to blame but myself. In return, Stern lost my business until now.

It's like if the game sells well and is popular and in demand, Stern spends the time to update the code, but if the game sells poorly, then Stern moves on to the next pin, with only minor, more technical updates coming for previous pins or none at all.

I sold all of the Stern pins I bought in the past. Metallica LE is the first pin i'm buying from them since Batman and if they fail me again, I guarantee it will be the LAST pin I ever buy from them.

Just my two cents.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would normally disregard a post like this about WOF, but given the source, this is very much worth taking notice of. This could be fantastic. Come on Mr. Gomez!

#35 10 years ago

Dont rush the master. Lyman is obviously focused on the LE/Premium with its extra lighting and features.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Dont rush the master. Lyman is obviously focused on the LE/Premium with its extra lighting and features.

Yup!

Moving Cross,Snake animated,Hammer,lights ect....coordination,sounds ect...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Moving Cross,Snake animated,Hammer,lights ect....coordination,sounds ect...

Don't forget about the spinners!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Don't forget about the spinners!

This is probably where most of the time is being spent

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I won't buy MET until its finished.

The waiting sucks enough as it is (because I want one) but no way I'd want to wait while holding a $4500 depreciating purchase. The X-Men, TF & WOF fiascos are not forgotten.

Incomplete NIB games are hollow victories.

I see your point, but MET is already better overall than XM or TF IMO. I regularly preach not buying without playing first, but waiting for the software to be complete is a judgement deal. There's enough there already to see the potential. Don't wait too long.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Not sure why some people are pertuating the wait of unfinished WOF software. Please move on, the current release is as finished as it is EVER GOING TO GET. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. THERE WILL NEVER BE A WOF UPDATE AGAIN.

Keith Johnson has posted more than once that he'd like to finish the game. If not here on pinside, definitely on RGP. I can wait.

#41 10 years ago

Yes, I believe Keefer said something to the effect of "if I were a betting man, I'd bet on it being finished one day" before explaining that it could be a long time before he can get to it. Of course that was pre-JJP, so it may be impossible now.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I see your point, but MET is already better overall than XM or TF IMO. I regularly preach not buying without playing first, but waiting for the software to be complete is a judgement deal. There's enough there already to see the potential. Don't wait too long.

Don't wait too long?

I have a feeling pro MET's will be plentiful.

Stern better not wait too long

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Quoted from bobbyconover:

Yes, I believe Keefer said something to the effect of "if I were a betting man, I'd bet on it being finished one day" before explaining that it could be a long time before he can get to it. Of course that was pre-JJP, so it may be impossible now.

#44 10 years ago

I love the Post control on the Start-up skillshot,i love to have control on whatever the ball goes all the way or goes into the bumpers....

would be awsome if the new codes will give us more power on that Orbit Post!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Don't wait too long?

I have a feeling pro MET's will be plentiful.

Forget the supply part. Don't wait too long to start having fun. The game is plenty fun already. If you think people are gushing now, just wait for the next update. For the record, I don't own one. There are 2 or 3 on location somewhat nearby.

Quoted from bobbyconover:

Of course that was pre-JJP, so it may be impossible now.

Go play a few games on your TSPP. Note how close the software is to perfection. Then imagine the guy who wrote that leaving something like WOF hanging out there. You know he wants to see it finished. Like I said, I can wait.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Go play a few games on your TSPP. Note how close the software is to perfection. Then imagine the guy who wrote that leaving something like WOF hanging out there. You know he wants to see it finished. Like I said, I can wait.

I think after they moved to easier to do USB updates they started to move to the release now update later.

MS did that with vista and windows 8

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think after they moved to easier to do USB updates they started to move to the release now update later.
MS did that with vista and windows 8

With that comparison, Microsoft also released a pin with 1 flipper, 6 outlanes, and 3 legs. Has everyone forgotten about Windows ME?! No code updates could save that white elephant.

#48 10 years ago

April 2018

WINME ROFL LMFAO

#49 10 years ago

if you go to the game code updates page and click metallica now, the links for the LE code are 'up' but there is a 404 error; before it was just reloading the same page. So maybe soon!

#50 10 years ago

Maybe we will have a good weekend!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-word-on-metallica-code-its-been-over-2-weeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.