(Topic ID: 58302)

Any WI/Madison area pinheads have a nice Scanner for PF?

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have a few pfs I would like to scan before doing the swaps. Does anyone have a nice scanner or any suggestions of where I could go to get a nice 1 scan somewhere in Madison or immediate area?

Also can someone reccomend the appropriate scanning specifications?

thanks in advance for any knowledge.

#2 10 years ago

Neo does PF scans, I think. But stitched, not one pass.

#3 10 years ago

I know there's a cruse scanner in vernon hills, IL (I believe it's $50)
    http://www.bhfx.net

You want minimum 600dpi (most scan at 1200-1600dpi).

I have an HP4600 (stitch) if you're interested in scanning some stuff.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks guys!

I have heard that the stitch can cause sizing issues? I also saw that cruse is the way to go if local... hmm...

I need to pick up a pf from NEO soon so maybe he would be willing to scan/stitch for me?

I really would like the scans just for posterity reasons as I could see them being valuable to the community as a whole at some point.

RFM> I would like a scan so I can then possibly do something to fix the old pf I am pulling out
    WCS > I have a nice NOS so it is probably worth getting a scan?
    CFTBL IPB > I have a nice one and it sounds like they will never get rerun since it is very unlikely Gene will ever sell the pf license or actually rerun them at a decent quality ever again, so probably worth getting the scan?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have heard that the stitch can cause sizing issues? I also saw that cruse is the way to go if local... hmm

Scanner should scale fine, the issue you might have is that if it's not stitched well, you'll get weird overlapping issues. My HS scan was like that, but it's an easy fix (and a stitched scan is better than nothing)

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the info toyotaboy!

#7 10 years ago

I have a handheld scanner I picked up for doing arcade side art. It would be stitches, but it works really nice. Will do 600dpi, which has been fine so far for what I've been doing. If you want to borrow it, fine with me. I'm in Waukesha, so not a far drive from Madison.

#8 10 years ago

i have a flatbed scanner that opens 180 degrees. let me know if you are in need. i will be passing through madison friday around 430 on my way to a brewer game.

#9 10 years ago

thanks guys. I think I found a local artist with a nice scanner that can assist. I will report back if it works or if I still need help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-wimadison-area-pinheads-have-a-nice-scanner-for-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.