(Topic ID: 22175)

Any way to return to attract mode on a Stern while in gameplay?

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I've had this happen numerous times, I'm in the middle of a game and need to step away to do something, but I just want to return the game to attract mode and not have to turn the machine on and off again. I've tried by going into the menu system, but the game returns back to where I left off.

Is what I want to do possible? .

#2 11 years ago

Hold down the start button and right flipper (although right flipper might not be necessary) for a couple of secs and the game restarts to 0 (ball 1). You can only do it at the end of a ball and once the next ball is in the shooter lane or it will just add a second player.

#3 11 years ago

What's wrong with turning the machine off then on? Why does there need to be multiple ways to do something? I doubt you're doing it often enough that turning off and on is an issue.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I've had this happen numerous times, I'm in the middle of a game and need to step away to do something, but I just want to return the game to attract mode and not have to turn the machine on and off again. I've tried by going into the menu system, but the game returns back to where I left off.
    Is what I want to do possible? .

You could hook up a switch to the slam tilt wiring on the coin door.

I know a local collector who sets his slam tilts sensitive enough so that with a light fist hit on the coin door the game would slam tilt (reset) to attract mode. My experience when playing his games was that normal (and even rough) nudging never set it off as the switch, as bally/williams implemented it, was only sensitive to a coin door hit.

New sterns don't have a slam tilt but do have the connector prewired on the coin door so you could install one.

Parker

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-way-to-return-to-attract-mode-on-a-stern-while-in-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.