(Topic ID: 313724)

Any way to add LEDs that trigger off of PCB LEDs?

By prentice

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by prentice
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Are there any guides or references I can consult for triggering an added LED strip off an insert LED that is on a PCB (with other LEDs)? I'm guessing I'd need to solder, but curious about the basic idea.

Thanks for any links/tips.

#2 2 years ago

Our photo sensor replay was designed for exactly that application. The link to the video demonstrates our second generation photo sensor relay. We are now making our third generation that also offers screw type connectors for wires and reverse logic. You can put the photo sensor that is on a one meter wire next to any light that you want to use to control your LED strip. There is a dial on the board to control the amount of light to control it.

#3 2 years ago

If you go to 7:32 seconds on our hologram topper installation video, it explains it in more depth.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Our photo sensor replay was designed for exactly that application. The link to the video demonstrates our second generation photo sensor relay. We are now making our third generation that also offers screw type connectors for wires and reverse logic. You can put the photo sensor that is on a one meter wire next to any light that you want to use to control your LED strip. There is a dial on the board to control the amount of light to control it.

Very cool; can you share a URL to the relay? I didn't find it on your site.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-way-to-add-leds-that-trigger-off-of-pcb-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.