pitchers_duel2.jpg
pitchers_duel.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
mr-boston-clean-sweep-vectrex.jpg
kiosk.jpg
image.jpg
3D_Imager_2.jpg
3D_Imager.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeaglePuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I'm a console nut, and have always had a soft spot for The Vectrex. I have every commercially released game complete in box, all the accessories (including the imager), and even the insanely rare kiosk. I grew up just outside of Boston, and was not far from the MB HQ. I managed to stumble across two kiosk as a result, one I'm far better shape than the other. I'm looking to part with my collection to further fund another collection (I'm looking to collect some more homes), but it will be missed for sure.image.jpgimage.jpg

3 years later
#36 4 years ago

Today I unearthed what is likely to be my most historically significant find ever: A NOS Vectrex Kiosk, complete in original box.

At the time this thread was created (or shortly thereafter), I was the unlikely owner of not one, but two Vectrex Kiosk. Both of which were discovered by dumb luck.

As luck would have it, I once again stumbled across a Vectrex Kiosk last night. The listing had a picture of a now familiar Vectrex Kiosk base, but mentioned that it also came with another kiosk that was "brand new in the box."

I communicated with the seller, and by 10:00 am this morning, I was on the road. After around 2 hours, I arrived at the seller's home. My first question to him was "Did you or a family member once work for Milton Bradley." I of course knew the answer had to be yes before he responded, and his reply confirmed my suspicion.

He lead me to the first of the two kiosk, this one being the base pictured in the ad. He didn't recall where the top portion ended up. He then told me that the second, new kiosk was located at his mother's home two minutes down the road. He jumped in my truck, and we drove to his mother's house.

In his mother's basement was a large box labeled "One Vectrex Arcade System, Floor Display, #3800, GCE." That straps had been cut, but the contents within had been left untouched. Everything is packed tightly in the Kiosk and wrapped in protective film and padding. The plexiglass door still has its covering.

Having left his home, I returned to my home with what is now my third and fourth Vectrex Kiosk. All found in the wild, and all found within two and a half hours from my home.

There are a few collectors with museum quality collections that I will likely reach out to and see what the best thing to do with it is. I'm supremely confident that another NOS example will never be discovered at this point, especially given what the previous owner had to say about it.

IMG_7953 (resized).JPGIMG_7953 (resized).JPGIMG_7954 (resized).JPGIMG_7954 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeaglePuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-vectrex-collectors-here?tu=BeaglePuss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.