(Topic ID: 70810)

Any value to used FH and TAF playfields even as wall art?

By dmacy

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BrianZ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0787.JPG
TAF PF.jpg
DSCN1772.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Is there any value to these for wall art? I would but I don’t have the wall space. I don’t see them being candidates for restoration as they’re typical for most worn out PF’s. I guess what I’m asking is a confirmation that they’re not usable/suitable for a restoration.

FH: Has all the typical issues. The ball drops are worn to wood, the light blue under the removed mylar doesn't match where the mylar wasn't, the red at right orbit and other re areas worn and touched up poorly. Guessing it's not worth much other than wall art but I don't have room for it.

TAF: Planking, worn to wood at The Power and Greed and ball drops, and most insert lettering is peeling away. Scoop wear but not near as bad as some.

DSCN1772.JPGDSCN1772.JPG
TAF PF.jpgTAF PF.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I'd use them for wall art for sure. Even light up some inserts

#3 10 years ago

If I had the room, I would too! Use some of the spares like Thing and a bookcase to fill up some of the holes even!

What's a fair price for wall art? I'd be happy to throw a local a bone that could use them in their space.

#4 10 years ago

I would pay for them and shipping too.

#5 10 years ago

For the right price they'd go on my wall for sure. Tons of room in my shop and my game room... (the only rooms I am allowed to decorate...)

#6 10 years ago

Send them my way. I'm going to build a headboard for my son's new bed out of playfields. Those would work great.

I had even posted it yesterday.............

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-playfield-headboard-idea

#7 10 years ago

A few translucent plexi pieces glued to the back, $35.00 led kit and "OILA!IMG_0787.JPGIMG_0787.JPG

#8 10 years ago

Hey Dave, just sent you a PM.

Derek

#9 10 years ago

Ok, overwhelmed with PM's about selling these. I'm offering them to someone local first and will put up a for sale post if he's not interested.

#10 10 years ago

Let me know, I would be interested in buying....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-value-to-used-fh-and-taf-playfields-even-as-wall-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.