(Topic ID: 234191)

Any value for used/working speakers WPC/stern whitestar?

By Jimmyhonda

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Wondering if there is Any value for used/working speakers wpc/stern Whitestar/MMR? I have sets for each. They all work great. I just upgraded to Flipper fidelity for all three.

#3 5 years ago

Maybe someone local will take them if they got a total shop job pin or unfinished cabinet and want it original"ish" come their way. Other than that, probably just as easy to get cheap replacements

#4 5 years ago

I did a parts trade with a guy who decided he wanted to go back to WPC back box speakers from aftermarket kits.
Apparently the amplifier in STTNG doesn't work well with aftermarket speakers (?). I think it's something to do with the amp's power output (?).
Anyways he really wanted to go back on his STTNG.

I personally like aftermarket speakers myself.

Other than that one instance nobody seems to want them.
There are websites that have ideas for repurposing them, but removing the magnets seems a bit much unless you are handy with power tools.
Magnetic tool holders seemed like a good use.

I sadly ended up taking them to our special e-waste facility so they at least wouldn't pollute the environment as much

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wondering if there is Any value for used/working speakers wpc/stern Whitestar/MMR? I have sets for each. They all work great. I just upgraded to Flipper fidelity for all three.

Yep. People who restore games or build their own test rigs could make use of them for a fair price.

#6 5 years ago

Anyone know a fair price for a speaker set for WPC w/ sub, Stern Whitestar w/ Sub and MMR w/ no sub?

#8 5 years ago

I think I had $4 on a speaker set on my table at Allentown and no takers...

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I did a parts trade with a guy who decided he wanted to go back to WPC back box speakers from aftermarket kits.
Apparently the amplifier in STTNG doesn't work well with aftermarket speakers (?). I think it's something to do with the amp's power output (?).

What may have happened is he had aftermarket speakers that had low sensitivity: many car audio speakers do. In that case, they would be much quieter at the same amp level as the stock speakers. That might explain why he'd want to go back to stock.

Aftermarket speakers work great, if you know what to choose and also how to hook them up.

As far as STNG, no problem with upgrading the speakers. In fact, WPC DCS is one of the better sound systems for handling aftermarket speaker systems. I had a STNG, and swapped out all the speakers. It sounded much better than the stock ones.

#10 5 years ago

Okay, does anybody want these three speaker sets for free?? Just pay for shipping. If I don’t hear back, I will just trash them.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Okay, does anybody want these three speaker sets for free?? Just pay for shipping. If I don’t hear back, I will just trash them.

Just store them, just wait...... someday, somehow, you’ll need one

#12 5 years ago

They do not have much monetary value but I do use them for testing or to replace a blown one every once in a while. I used a couple of them to replace arcade game speakers.

No, I do not need any more. I have about 6 of them just collecting dust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 39.50
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-value-for-used-working-speakers-wpc-stern-whitestar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.