(Topic ID: 92006)

Any Utah / Salt Lake City Pinball Gatherings

By EEE

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nickelslap (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_Fightball (resized).jpg
    pinballers (resized).jpg
    Stranger Slings (resized).jpg
    MH-081016-Flynn-s-Retrocade-08-2 (resized).JPG
    SLAP_Bumper_print_(resized).jpg
    Party_Punch_final_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_ATTACK_(resized).jpg
    flipper_poster_(resized).jpg
    I_aint_afraid_of_no_posts_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_Retro2_(resized).jpg
    capflyer2_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_ASS_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_Logo_Blank_Low_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3880[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3879[1]_(resized).JPG
    There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 7 years ago

I hope you have other events to check GB out. I'm at a wedding that weekend

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

I hope you have other events to check GB out. I'm at a wedding that weekend

Definitely will. I'll be hosting another SLAP event and possibly a charity tournament soon as well.

#253 7 years ago

Looking forward to the SLAP events this summer. I'm relatively new to the hobby but I'm interested in expanding my collection/arcade. So, if anyone in Utah is looking to swap out a few of their games let me know.

#254 7 years ago

Salt Lake Area Pinballers (SLAP) invites everyone to our next competitive pinball tournament. We are currently running our Awesome Summer Series (SLAP ASS). It consists of monthly tournaments held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. It is a 6 tournament series. This month is meet 2 of 6. There will be year end awards for the best finishers in the series. (Open to both skill divisions). The lowest month performance will be thrown out so everyone can miss a meet and still place well in the end of year awards. 80% of all prize money is paid out at each meet with 20% going to end of year awards. So each meet can be considered a stand alone event.

This Months meet is called "FLIPPER" and is on Saturday, June 18th and will be held at a private location is Sugarhouse. Practice begins at 4pm and Registration ends at 6pm with the tournament beginning shortly after. The tournament should run roughly 3 hours. Please email us at [email protected] for the location.

Tournament Machines:
    Midieval Madness Remake
    Eight Ball Deluxe LE
    Bally Wizard!
    Star Trip (Cocktail)
    Gottlieb Soccer

There are 2 skill based skill divisions.
    8 matches per night consisting of 3 and 4 player groups
    Must be 21+ to enter.
    Entry Fee is $20 per meet.
    1 out of every 3 spots paid.

Prize pool per division (Based on 8 players per division)
    1st - $65
    2nd - $43
    3rd - $20
    20% to fund series prize fund -- top 7 finishers paid.

Visit our full rules on our website.
    www.slapleague.com

Send me a private message with your email if you wish to be added to our private facebook group or added to our email list about future events.

Send any questions or request to get on our email list at [email protected]

flipper_poster_(resized).jpgflipper_poster_(resized).jpg

SLAP_ASS_ATTACK_(resized).jpgSLAP_ASS_ATTACK_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #255 7 years ago

This Saturday, July 16th is SLAP's next Tournament in our Awesome Summer Series. This Months tournament is called "Party Punch" and will be held at the Campfire Lounge located at 837 E 2100 S in Sugarhouse. It's a great spot with awesome food and drinks and a unique atmosphere.

Registration closes at 5pm and the tournament will begin shortly after and should last about 3 hours. Optional practice on the tournament machines begins at Noon.

Tournament Machines:
    Fish Tales
    Dr. Who
    No Fear
    Sopranos

Optional Machines:
    Flintstones
    Hurricane

Tournament Entry Fee is $20
    80% Paid out the same night.
    20% Goes to the end of year awards.
    This is open to everyone 21+.
    2 skill based skill divisions.

Email us if you would like to get onto our email list for future events. [email protected]

Visit our website at www.slapleague.com

Thanks again for everyone's support and participation. This is going to be a very fun event, and I encourage everyone to invite anyone they think may have fun.

SLAP ON!
    Dan

Party_Punch_final_(resized).jpgParty_Punch_final_(resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

Ok, so the Ghostbusters tournament has been rescheduled. It will be held on Saturday, July 30th.

- $5 entry (all money paid out to the top 3)
    - Custom trophies for the top 3
    - Ecto Cooler for everybody (as far as three cases stretch)!
    - Double elimination format

We're starting registration and open play/practice at 6:00pm. At 7:00pm registration will close and we'll set up our brackets and start competing.

Facebook post of the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/596356543874059/

If you need more details, feel free to send me a PM.

2 weeks later
    #257 7 years ago

Bump as a reminder for the event this Saturday. We're still on.

2 weeks later
    #258 7 years ago

Alright all you pinball fans. The next event in the SLAP Awesome Summer Series is this weekend. It is called "Bumper" and is being held on Saturday, August 20th. This event will be held at my place in Sandy. Practice starts at 3pm. Registration closes and tournament play begins at 6pm. We are BBQing and generally going to have a rockin good time.

This event is open to everyone. If you have never been to a SLAP event before, this will be a great event to join us. As always we will have 2 different skill divisions, so don't worry if your skills are rusty. This event is open to all ages.

Tournament Entry Fee is $20.
    80% is paid out the night of the tournament with 20% being added to the Summer Series prize fund.

Please contact me via private message or email me at [email protected] for the address or if you have any questions.
    Full Series Rules and Info can be found on our website at www.slapleague.com

Tournament Machines: -- listed in likeliness of use
    Game of Thrones Pro
    Pinball Magic
    Starship Trooper
    Baywatch
    Judge Dredd
    Demolition Man
    Terminator 2
    Black Rose
    Star Trek The Next Generation
    Pinbot
    Big Guns
    Star Shooter (Cocktail Pinball)

Next months event is called "Big Juicy Knockers" and will be held Saturday, September 17th at a new private location.

SLAP_Bumper_print_(resized).jpgSLAP_Bumper_print_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #259 7 years ago

Hey everybody! We just opened up Flynn's Retrocade in Roy! Perhaps you've heard of us? Anyways, I searched and searched looking for a local club or league to come play "Flynn's Pins". We have Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Tron, Star Wars, Twilight Zone and #31/90.... VARKON!!! 1 OF 2 in the wild! We want to host a league or co-op league play at Flynn's. I've never ran a league so any help at all... thanks!

FLYNN'S RETROCADE
    3600 W 5600 S
    ROY, UT
    IN KENTS MARKET PARKING LOT

MH-081016-Flynn-s-Retrocade-08-2 (resized).JPGMH-081016-Flynn-s-Retrocade-08-2 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #260 7 years ago

SLAP league night in downtown tonight. Pm me or dynadan for details.

#261 7 years ago

Varkon!

2 weeks later
    #263 7 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Saturday, October 22nd is the Grand Finale of the Salt Lake Area Pinballers Awesome Summer Series called "STRANGER SLINGS", and we have definitely saved the best for last. It will be held at Troy and Helena's house in Riverton.

It will most likely be the largest competitive pinball tournament Utah has ever had. There will be lots of food and drinks, and the SLAP ASS award ceremony immediately following the event.

Practice will start at 3pm and the Tournament Entry Deadline is 5pm with the tournament beginning shortly after.

Entry Fee is $20.
    80% paid out with 20% added to the Summer Series Prize Fund.
    1 in 3 entries paid
    The summer series prizes will be awarded at the end of the night
    2 Skill Divisions
    8 Matches

Tournament Line-Up -- Listed in likeliness of use
    The Hobbit
    Ghostbusters - Pro
    Start Trek Pro -- Stern
    Wizard of Oz
    Midieval Madness - Remake
    Transformers - Limited Edition
    Mustang - Pro
    Iron Man - Vault Edition
    Metallica - Pro
    Rob Zombie

There will also be a bonus side tournament called "Pinballers" being held in conjunction with the Finale.

This will be a heavy metal showdown that will feature a 3 game qualifying round. Only the top 8 qualifiers will enter match play. One optional re-entry for qualifying is allowed.

Qualifying Machines:
    Metallica
    Rob Zombie
    Iron Man

Entry fee is $10 with a optional $10 Re-entry for qualifying.
    There will be a $5 rebate on the 1st entry for everyone who participates in the SLAP ASS Finale "Stranger Slings"
    Top 4 places paid (If there are more than 24 entries including rebuys then the top 8 will be paid)
    !00% of entry fees paid out.
    Qualifying Starts at 3pm and ends at 9pm (might be adjusted if necessary)
    IFPA sanctioned.

Both events will take place on Saturday, October 22nd at Troy's and Helena's house.
    Email us to receive the private location in Riverton. at [email protected]

Thanks to everyone that has participated in all of this summers events.

Special Thanks to Josh Craig for all of his help behind the scenes as the Stat Master of the Series. Also Thank you to Jeff Rivera for his work on our website www.slapleague.com Also thank you to everyone who I have bounced ideas off of and who have provided feedback. Big thank you's to everyone who has hosted an event this summer. They were all amazing and the hospitality displayed has been outstanding. I can't wait for our future events and leagues.

Coming soon....."CADDY SLAP" A pin-golf extravaganza.

SLAP ON!

Stranger Slings (resized).jpgStranger Slings (resized).jpg

pinballers (resized).jpgpinballers (resized).jpg

#264 7 years ago

Flynns Retrocade looks like it would be a great location for a future SLAP event. How busy are you on the weekends? Would the crowd of kids crowd us out or do they mostly stay away from the pins (kids these days lol). Are you open on Sunday's? I know your place would be perfect once our weekly league starts back up again in February.

Come join us on Oct 22nd. Talk about some targeted marketing. We should have 25 - 30 people in attendance.

#265 7 years ago

It would be but the pins are stuffed into a very small space. Would be hard to run a tournament, I think.

#266 7 years ago

Hey,
    I just found this thread. I've never really followed threads on pinside before, just a casual player. I'll have to check in once in a while and see if I can make it to one of your events. Btw, I see you on here Scott, you never told me about this thread??

#267 7 years ago

Hey BigDog, We'd love to have you in the group. This Saturday should be a lot of fun. PM me your email and I will send you the address and add you to our email list for future events. We'd be happy to bring an event to you as well ... I think we have all been salivating over your beautiful CV.

#268 7 years ago

I'd like to attend some Utah events too. Sounds like friendly and fun gatherings

#269 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheBigDog:

Hey,
    I just found this thread. I've never really followed threads on pinside before, just a casual player. I'll have to check in once in a while and see if I can make it to one of your events. Btw, I see you on here Scott, you never told me about this thread??

I've told you about this before!

#270 7 years ago

Private message me your emails guys and I will email you info. or send me an email at [email protected]

It's this Saturday in South Jordan. Practice and qualifying starts at 3pm. Main tourney starts at 5pm. Main tourney should end about 8pm the side tourney should end between 10 - 11pm.

#271 7 years ago

Any SLC or surrounding area skiers out there ?

I have a very nice ski condo at the Iron Blosam Lodge located at the base of Snowbird and just down the road from Alta that my family won't be able to use this year . I was hoping to rent it out this year . It is a one week rental , it will sleep 4 very comfortably and 6 nicely. View of the ski mountain , full kitchen , 2 baths, 2 balconies, fire place , pool and hot tub.
    Week of November 26th Sat through December 3rd.

If interested please send me a pm for details , very reasonable price.
    Thanks everyone.

#272 7 years ago

Do you guys know a cheap source for tempered glass in the SLC area?

I need a 21"x41" size for my woodrail game and the quotes I got from ten local glass shops ranged from $76 to almost $100.

Bruce

#273 7 years ago

Send ray at action pinball a message, thepinballwizard.net is local and may have what you need also

#274 7 years ago

Might have to bite the bullet on the custom size and buy it locally. Ray doesn't do glass anymore because of the cost, and being an off size doesn't help. The best deal I found on standard glass is the PBL twin pack for $76 plus about $24 shipping. Came in a great box and didn't take long.

That said, I have a few old sheets that aren't in that bad a shape. Can you cut glass down to smaller size? You're welcome to them.

#275 7 years ago

Thanks guys, will go for the custom size for $76 because PBL, ray and pinball wizard.net don't have that size

Bruce

#276 7 years ago

I don't think PBL carries anything but standard and wide body size glass, but you could try calling them.

#277 7 years ago

Yeah I tried PBL before, they don't provide customer sized tempered glass.

One local glass shop quoted about $48 with hand polished or sanded edges which I think is OK because the edges would be out of sight in the grooves so I ordered it.

Bruce

1 week later
    #278 7 years ago

I got a piece of tempered for a backglass made/cut by Murray glass. Seems like it was ~$35.

3 weeks later
    #279 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

That said, I have a few old sheets that aren't in that bad a shape. Can you cut glass down to smaller size? You're welcome to them.

Thanks for the offer, my understanding is you can't cut glass once it's been tempered?

I was able to get a piece of tempered glass made/cut by Dixon Glass for $38 and it's perfect.

They originally quoted $78 then dropped the price when they clarified what I wanted. Something about sanded edges being cheaper than polished edges?

Thanks for the suggestions guys,
    Bruce

3 weeks later
    #280 7 years ago

What do you do with the old plate glass after you replace the playfield glass? I'd cut it to pieces with a glass cutter but there's the problem of glass chips.

Bruce

#281 7 years ago

If your looking to throw it out cover it with plastic rug runner tac. Its like saran wrap thats sticky on one side and can be bought cheap at lowes or home depot. Wrap both sides and hit it with a hammer to break it apart, the tac will hold all the shards in place. Make sure your close to the trash can and wear gloves. Great trick for replacing old window panes also.

#282 7 years ago

In case anyone missed it. This Friday at my place. PM for the address if you need it. Food, fun, pinball.

thumbnail_Fightball (resized).jpgthumbnail_Fightball (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #283 7 years ago

A quick vid of yesterday's tournament play area before we got started.

Thanks for the invite, Dan and for inviting us in Jeff. It was fun.

#284 7 years ago

Gotta make it to one of these events. Not a great player but I do love to play!

1 month later
    #285 7 years ago

Saturday, March 25th is our next open registration competitive pinball event. It is called "NICKELSLAP -- Feed the Machine" It is being held at Nickelmania located at 1575 South 1950 West in Springville, UT. They have 30 pinball machines! Including some really rare titles. They each cost 3 or 4 nickels to play. The Door Fee is $2.25, but a coupon can be found on their website.

The Tournament Entry Fee is $10. 2 optional $5 replays will also be available. 100% of tournament entry fees will be paid out. 1 in 4 places paid. Custom Trophies will also be awarded.

The Format will consist of a 8 game qualifying round on 8 different machines. Qualifying ends at 8pm. The top 8 qualifiers at the end of qualifying will enter a play-off. The play-off will consist of 2 x 4 player games where the low score each game is eliminated. A loser match is played by the 2 losers for final placement. The 2nd play-off game will be 2 x 3 player matches with the low player again eliminated and a loser match played. The final 4 players then keep playing a game with the low player eliminated until we have our winner.

Qualifying points will be awarded at the end of qualifying depending on your position. 1 point awarded 1st, 2 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, etc. Only Qualifying games or one of the 2 optional $5 mulligan games will be allowed on tournament machines after 3pm.

Practice starts at 10am
    Official Qualifying Begins at 3pm
    Qualifying Ends at 8pm (No games started after 8pm will count)
    Play-Off begins directly following Qualifying (~8:15pm)

Qualifying Machines (Subject to Change for mechanical reasons)
    Swords of Fury
    No Fear
    Indiana Jones -- Williams
    Champion Pub
    Monopoly
    Fire!
    Nascar
    Roller Coaster Tycoon

Alternates -- Popeye, The Addams Family, Maverick, Funhouse

This event is sanctioned by the IFPA and WPPR points will be awarded. Remember the top 16 people at the end of the year will qualify for the State Championship.

Media Resources:
    http://www.slapleague.com/
    http://saltlake.league.papa.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/977311032359113/
    http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/

The next future event will be held on Saturday, April 29th. This will be the first event of the 6 tournament Salt Lake Area Pinballers Interconnect Tournament (SLAP IT!) Series that will take place about once a month. Look for more info soon! Each event will be eligible for WPPR points.

SLAP ON!

Nickelslap (resized).jpgNickelslap (resized).jpg

9 months later
    #286 6 years ago

I would like to say Merry Christmas and Big Thank You to all the Great SLAP guys for an Outstanding evening it was great Meeting you all !

So Merry Christmas, @EEE, @TGP3, @Dynadan, Thrillhouse and a few more, you know who you are .
    If you are ever down this way Let me know .
    Keep.in touch and Merry Christmas.
    Brendan

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-utah-salt-lake-city-pinball-gatherings/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.