(Topic ID: 92006)

Any Utah / Salt Lake City Pinball Gatherings

By EEE

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nickelslap (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_Fightball (resized).jpg
    pinballers (resized).jpg
    Stranger Slings (resized).jpg
    MH-081016-Flynn-s-Retrocade-08-2 (resized).JPG
    SLAP_Bumper_print_(resized).jpg
    Party_Punch_final_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_ATTACK_(resized).jpg
    flipper_poster_(resized).jpg
    I_aint_afraid_of_no_posts_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_Retro2_(resized).jpg
    capflyer2_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_ASS_ASS_(resized).jpg
    SLAP_Logo_Blank_Low_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3880[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3879[1]_(resized).JPG
    There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 9 years ago

Just an FYI my line up changed a little last night. I no longer have BDK or X-Men but I now have Iron Man.

#52 9 years ago

Too Bad I am not flying in to Utah this weekend instead of next week...Thanks "Don" for the invite over I am still playing it by ear! Have fun everyone!

#53 9 years ago

Mike that's awesome you'll have Iron man tonight!!! I don't think I've ever played it, I can't wait to see what all the excitement is about

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Thanks "Don" for the invite over I am still playing it by ear!

Definitely, hopefully you'll have time defeat the King of Pain while you're in town!

#55 9 years ago

Lee, I was just checking your profile... I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tonight, apparently you live a little farther away than I thought

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

Lee, I was just checking your profile... I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tonight, apparently you live a little farther away than I thought

Capture.JPG 67 KB

LOL, looks like I live in the middle of the ocean so my place may be a little hard to get to as well.

#57 9 years ago

lol Mike, you weren't kidding about having a little 'water issue' at your place recently.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

6a00d8341c5c3553ef01538e3e2898970b.png6a00d8341c5c3553ef01538e3e2898970b.png
    #59 9 years ago

You guys rock!

20140613_202114.jpg20140613_202114.jpg
    #60 9 years ago

Just wanted to publicly give a huge shout out to both Lee and Mike for opening up their homes and letting quite the "Motley Crue" rock out with them for a few hours. I had a great time and I know others did as well! Really means a lot.

Great friends...Good times....priceless memories......Every kiss begins with Kay......lol Thanks again ya'll. Excited to see everyone again soon!

Ryan

nm_farley_080505_main.jpgnm_farley_080505_main.jpg
    #61 9 years ago

Thanks Mike and Lee. Lots of fun. I even got my initials on the Star Trek.

Josh

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

You guys rock!

You got that right. So do you

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Just wanted to publicly give a huge shout out to both Lee and Mike for opening up their homes and letting quite the "Motley Crue" rock out with them for a few hours. I had a great time and I know others did as well! Really means a lot.
    Great friends...Good times....priceless memories......Every kiss begins with Kay......lol Thanks again ya'll. Excited to see everyone again soon!

Says the short asian man

Fun meeting you and your wife, Ryan. It's a fun crew. We need to do an informal league or something.

Quoted from GimpMaster:

Thanks Mike and Lee. Lots of fun. I even got my initials on the Star Trek.
    Josh

Put my initials on Lee's Rollergames and Mike's TAF (Although I got housed several times by Don1 on that same Star Trek)

Good to meet you guys from south of the border, too

Was great meeting everyone and playing some games I'd never played before (like Tron and NBA Fast Break). Let's do a few more of these.

IMG_20140613_200509_385.jpgIMG_20140613_200509_385.jpg
    IMG_20140613_200502_180.jpgIMG_20140613_200502_180.jpg
    IMG_20140613_190848_760.jpgIMG_20140613_190848_760.jpg
    IMG_20140613_200542_359.jpgIMG_20140613_200542_359.jpg

#63 9 years ago

Dang, I really wanted to make it. We had dinner for my mom's birthday, and I was hoping to get out afterwards. Turns out our AC unit wouldn't turn on and our house was 85 degrees. Fixing that became the priority tonight, luckily I got it working.

Looks like it was tons of fun!

#64 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone for coming out! I appreciate it and love having the games get some play on them. My GC score on AC/DC got slaughtered so I have some work to do.

Sorry you couldn't make it Jeff, next one for sure. Looks like I'll be adding a Gorgar to the collection soon. WH2O ships out Monday!

#65 9 years ago

Thanks for another great time Lee and Mike...I am feel lucky to be a part of such a great community.

#66 9 years ago

Thanks Lee & Mike, quite a nice collection you both have. And very generous of you to extend the invitation.

It was nice seeing some familiar faces and to see the growth of the hobby in Utah.

I would be willing to be a stop on the way per an earlier suggestion by OldHarley for a drop in and continue on pin-tour.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

You guys rock!

If you look at that pic of Mike sitting in the background it almost looks like he's laughing at Lee's playing ability!!! j/k classic

#68 9 years ago

Nu uh! He was yawning! Wait, maybe that's worse?

#69 9 years ago

Thanks Lee and Mike for having us over, the food was great and the pins all played perfectly! We do have a great group out here for sure, looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

There was lots of talk bout league play, let's make it happen

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

Thanks Lee and Mike for having us over, the food was great and the pins all played perfectly! We do have a great group out here for sure, looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
    There was lots of talk bout league play, let's make it happen

Agreed. No need to start off big; just two or three times before the end of the year. Bring on the first SLC pinball league.

#71 9 years ago

Really enjoyed the night. I was surprised that only one guy was brave enough to bring his wife? My wife was sick but she would have come. Wondering if its too much testosterone to play pinball lol. Basement will be finished in 8 weeks so I'll start planning for the next get together now.

#72 9 years ago

Why not have a mobile get together, where we start at one house and then move on to two or three more? Incorporate some type of poker run or other component? I can host a stop (4 pretty much working, one more maybe working).

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Why not have a mobile get together, where we start at one house and then move on to two or three more? Incorporate some type of poker run or other component? I can host a stop (4 pretty much working, one more maybe working).

I'm down for this (as are my 6 soon to be 7 machines with IMve).

Also... can we try setting up a league? Why not.

Lee: What's the latest word on the new barcade in downtown SLC? Heard anything? Maybe we should email the owner of xMission

#74 9 years ago

Pete said the barcade was about a year away, unfortunately.

And on a sad note, said bye to this one today. 2nd pin I ever bought.

039.JPG039.JPG 042.JPG042.JPG
    #75 9 years ago

OK. I am ready to host a gathering at our place in the Aves. I have 5 machines that all play good enough.

How about next Friday or Saturday. Sort of a practice for the July 19th ifpa tournament at Mike's place in Farmington.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

OK. I am ready to host a gathering at our place in the Aves. I have 5 machines that all play good enough.
    How about next Friday or Saturday. Sort of a practice for the July 19th ifpa tournament at Mike's place in Farmington.

Sweet. LMK what you want me to bring.

IFPA tournament at Mike's? Have you guys been planning something? Do I need to know the secret handshake?

EDIT: AH, here it is. Strange that the map is showing Farmington, NM though

http://www.ifpapinball.com/ajax/calendar_view.php?id=6950

#77 9 years ago

If anyone wants to help me move some games out of the basement, we can drag them up there for a few more to play. I have to move them soon anyway.

#78 9 years ago

Ok. 6 games now in the space and all working well enough.

This Saturday June 28th. From 12;00 to 6 pm. Bring a lawn or camping chair and beverage of your choice. I can order pizza or run to the nearby grocery store.

In the Aves just east of downtown SLC. Please RSVP and pm me for address info.

#79 9 years ago

Bummer going out of town or I'd be there. Have fun

#80 9 years ago

I spoke with Pete on the barcade timeline.....he is still in the planning stages with a goal of next year for the planned opening. I got a tour of his games.....If I had the room for my games like Pete, I would have as many games as he does....lot's of great classics! I remember playing most of these games at Lagoon in their arcade.

Lee, sorry I missed your party....I will make the next one....

20140525_152925.jpg20140525_152925.jpg 20140525_161422.jpg20140525_161422.jpg 20140525_153831.jpg20140525_153831.jpg 20140525_153919.jpg20140525_153919.jpg
    #81 9 years ago

Dang I would enjoy having some of those in the fame room

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldHarley:

Dang I would enjoy having some of those in the fame room

Agreed

fame1.pngfame1.png

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from divingbuddy:

...he is still in the planning stages with a goal of next year for the planned opening. I got a tour of his games...

I hope this happens. Seems like it would do well.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

If anyone wants to help me move some games out of the basement, we can drag them up there for a few more to play. I have to move them soon anyway.

I'm always a sucker for moving pins, shoot me a PM and we can figure out a time.

#85 9 years ago

7 games now in the space and all working well enough.

This Saturday June 28th. From 12;00 to 6 pm. Bring a lawn or camping chair and beverage of your choice. I can order pizza or run to the nearby grocery store.

In the Aves just east of downtown SLC. Please RSVP and pm me for address info.

#86 9 years ago

Can you post which games? Your profile is hidden.

#87 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some old friends.

#88 9 years ago

I plan to be there. Always want to play Jim McCune restoration games. Where else can I play a pristine Banzai Run. I love that game.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I plan to be there.

OK. I will pm you my address.
    Anyone else who wants to drop in please pm me.

#90 9 years ago

Think we can get Todd to bring over gogar?

#91 9 years ago

Isn't he in Iceland right now?

BTW if you need my help moving games, LMK. I can help lift stuff physically, but my vehicles aren't equipped to move things.

#92 9 years ago

Really wish I could attend!!! Hope everyone has a great time!

#93 9 years ago

I will be able to drop by for a bit. See you Saturday .

#94 9 years ago

Going to try and stop by for a bit. See you all there.

#95 9 years ago

I'm hoping to attend, just have to work out a couple of things today before I'll know for sure.

#96 9 years ago

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to this one. Although it is closer than Farmington!

#97 9 years ago

Headin up there in a bit.

#98 9 years ago

Eric - thanks for having us! It was nice meeting you. Planning on coming to the IFPA tournament too.

#99 9 years ago

If you northern utah guys want to get together and drive to boise i have 150 ems and early solid state pins in a wharehouse all for sale. Pm for details. Some good ones, some parts machines, some decent projects

#100 9 years ago

Holy cow pin pimp! That sounds awesome. I am sure there is a game or ten that I would be looking for.

Eric, thanks for having us. It was a blast.

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-utah-salt-lake-city-pinball-gatherings/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.