image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1601 9 years ago

I have an original MM. It came with coin mechs and was thousands of dollars cheaper. I never used them, but I sleep well at night knowing they are there.

Now lets move onto other things.

The original MM comes with lock-down bar hasps installed. I didn't see this on the list of things MMr has different, so are they installed or is this another omission worthy of 20 threads and thousands of posts?

Yes, this post is dripping with sarcasm. I'm not sure who is worse. People who can't afford an MMr and want to piddle on other's post-toasties or those who can afford an $8K toy and feel they didn't get enough butt kissing from the concierge.

1 month later
#2941 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not everybody that has a MM/AFM/MB paid 15k or even 8k for it... over here a MMr comes to over 14k .. no where near what my MM cost. For the price of a MMr I got a MM and a MB .. if anything MMr is overpriced

Holy crap are you serious? How can it jump from $8K to $14K. Shipping and exchange rates can't be that much can it?

No way is MM (or MMr) worth $14K. Yes it is a fun game but that's just stupid.

1 week later
#3125 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Ok how about LOTR and LOTRLE, they run on different systems...are they completely different games?

Pinside does have two different entries for LOTR - lol

#3135 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

They are different games. Ones a remake and the other is an original. Based on Pinside rating criteria, there should be a distinction. In any case, I'm buying an mmr for the gameplay...which better be the exact same as the original......as was advertised.

While artwork, dmd, sound and powder coat do not effect game-play. The original didn't shake and some people don't see the same with LED lighting. Some see better with more light, some older eyes find it, uncomfortable. So it will not play like the original.

#3196 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: Ford sucks huh??? The one US automaker that was able to survive without a bailout!
IMHO.... that doesn't suck!

Oh, snap!

#3227 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That looks to be about 6 1/2 courics.....

Nice South Park reference.

#3449 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Insert facepalm and troll........

Why is that trolling? I agree and one of the few complaints I have about this project. I do not like the over used LED look. Sockets give me the option to choose my preference. The "Original" look or the "Mod" look.

Just about everything else in this thread need to be taken with cheese.

It will get made, color DMD will come, you can pick up coin mechs for quarters, tokens or whatever you want (as if it was ever going to leave free play).

The perfect artwork is not possible. On EMs you should see people wonder what colors the cabinet art should be. Sometimes they ran out of the proper color and used something "close" off the shelf to finish the day's run. They put on a copper stencil, gave it a spray and on to the next one. The were sold to make money on route until they stopped or dropped.

If you want it to look like the "original" the artwork should be off a bit on the playfield and cabinet. There should be lock down bar hasps sticking out the front and there were incandescent bulbs.

Is anyone buying these games planning on actually playing them? How many are going to remain in the box or "low play" hoping to make money in the future. Its a shame, I thought the purpose was to get more games into the hands of people who don't get to play them.

#3453 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I agree with most of this, but at this point, with MMR's configurable software incandescent emulation in place, LEDs look better in every possible way than incandescents. this isn't some harsh strobing skittle job we're talking about.

Every Possible Way? Oh, so I can change the color?

I've used colored incandescence for years before LEDs were out. And if too bright in your face a color condom would knock it down.

Geez, now I'm dragged into one of these conversations.

#3618 9 years ago

Lionman!

Sorry, noob.

#3747 9 years ago

Why do so many people hate MM owners? I was happy that MM was becoming available again for people but the venom against current owners brings out the worst in non-owners.

It started right after the announcement. I should go back and find the idiot who posted how happy he was that the value of MM would drop for current owners. Is the jealousy running that deep? This is probably a guy who can't afford the remake either. But why be happy that fellow Pinside members might lose money? Using Pinball as an investment is stupid but I don't "wish" bad investments on those who do, I just don't feel sorry for them.

I don't get the mentality and it can only make people in the same hobby not want to deal with each other.

#3749 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

A lot of folks were buying MM as a safe investment, the announcement came out of PPS pretty quickly, prices dropped from 13k+ to present day prices quick. Imagine losing 5 grand of value in a pin within weeks. Sour grapes with deep pockets=loudest heard.

That's their issue. I paid less than the $8K for my MM and AFM together. So it was before you would think it was an investment. But I hear people hating on current owners and laughing. From day one of the announcement when they were taking orders there were people saying how happy they were that "rich people" were losing money. If you paid $13K as an investment that's your problem, I don't feel sorry for you but I'm not happy for your loss either.

That's the kind of loser that had too much handed to him without working. Rather than striving to do better for themselves (takes work) they want to see others brought down. To me if you can afford $8K for a game you are doing pretty darn well. I never paid near that for "any" game. So this is probably the kind of person who can't afford either original or remake and just want's to see others do bad. Next year they will be happy if MMr loses value and make fun of those people also. Pathetic.

#3911 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I know several people that have both AFM and MM in the same collection. Different enough for me.

I have both and most people gravitate to the MM. Pinheads and non-pinheads alike. I'm sure this is why they made so much money on route.

I like MM over AFM but there are many pinheads that seem to love AFM yet don't like MM. Very similar, but not exact. Both funny.

1 week later
#4356 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

yeah, that's the color that 65% of MMR LE's are ... horrible color.
rick

Now that's funny.

As a person who has been in the hobby a long time, seeing a current day picture of Medieval Madness games rolling down the line is truly amazing. Congratulations.

#4358 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Agreed, especially at Stern! Oh how times can change...

I can't even remember how many years on RGP the same conversation [fight] was had about Wayne and will the game ever be produced. I can remember it being at least a decade ago, right? I tried to stay out of it then also. But this thread was like re-living the same ordeal all over again. Probably more that a few are from the same cast of characters.

#4413 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't believe we're even having this conversation, it's just silly.

Like most of the other 4,400 posts in this thread were not?

#4507 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

FINE. then what do you suggest we freak out over now?? it's gonna be weeks before we can start flipping our lids over playfields dimpling.

I'm waiting for the "Report your MMr issues here" thread. People will freak out and start yelling at Rick as if a Pinside thread is his Help Desk center.

2 weeks later
#4801 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone summarize this 96 page thread? I don't have 5 hrs to read it.

Yes, 99% of post are useless information. People have the most to say when they know nothing.

MMr is rolling off the production line, going through final inspections and about to ship.

#4812 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Most if not all of the States required you to pay your own Sales/Use tax if you buy something out of state.. But almost no State actively looks for people who fail to do so.. California is one of the first but I expect it won't be the last.
JJ

There has been a Tri-State area partnership in place for many years. New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will actually report many sales to each other.

On your State Tax form the declaration of the Use tax is up to you to fill in. But if you don't they can slap you will it. My parents in CT go hit with it when they bought a computer in NY many years ago.

1 week later
#5011 9 years ago

What happens to all of the people who bought an MM because the "hear" it is a great game and then find out its not all its cracked up to be?

1 week later
#5055 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dude, it IS a great game. No pin has broader appeal.

I know, I get it. I have owned MM for over 10 years and love it. If it was not a good game I would have sold it years ago. But it is not for everyone or people people would not have sold them.

To me it is probably one of my top 5, but probably not top 3. Overall people are going to be crazy happy to get this in their house. And they will find that non-pinball people play it more than most other games just like when they were on route.

But you know there are some who never played it that are going to wonder what is the big deal.

4 months later
#5367 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Seeing the game being unboxed... just blows my mind. I am so happy these games are being remade. So good for pinball!

I know. We use to freak when one was found in a warehouse still in the box. Then the PPS pictures of them on an assembly line seemed unreal. Now people I know are taking the fresh out of the box. It is cool.

#5422 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

UL testing took a lot of time as well for MMR and added many months to the production start, and Spooky did not do that.
There's about 250 MMRs delivered so far, twice as many AMH.
I love Spooky, but let's be fair here.

Yes, let's be fair.

Spooky designed a game from scratch. Rules, Art, Sounds. Making sure the layout was fun and worked. Ramp shots, . . . .

MM has been around for a decade and a half. Rule, Art, Sounds . . .

PPS and CGC and Stern while the Spooky guy are putting them together themselves. Wow, let's fair?

Oh, and AMH shipped with coin mechs (ok, that was sarcasm)

#5451 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i would add TAF (yes, i know, licensing), TZ, TOM, IJ, TOTAN, and WH2O, although not quite at MMR's price point. maybe even secondary titles like Scared Stiff, if they really get the remake process refined and streamlined.

I already have all the old games. I think they should do RZr. You know, Rob Zombie remake. This way they will be ready to crank them out after Spooky finishes the 300 they are doing.

#5465 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Everything in the bottom of the cabinet except the chime unit could probably be replaced with a Raspberry Pi and a simple driver board. Would not sound the same without the score motor chatter.

#5467 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

So, an MP3 player with relay noises? That's a slippery slope. Next thing you know the knocker gets pulled and you have to listen to some annoying ERRK sound.

#5471 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

EMs should just stay EMs.
No sense in making something into something it's not.

I guess this thread went to EMr

I don't get inside EMs as often as I use to. I always love it and think about the designers and how stuff like this will never be made again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.