image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The excuses to derail these threads are getting weaker and weaker.

I'm usually on your side in most posts you make. But I don't think this is a 'derail' attempt. I figure that is what a forum is for, to bring up little salient points so we can discuss. While I don't think this part he mentions is going to be a major problem, I found it interesting to know there were original parts that perhaps could be stronger. And all I'm going to do with this info is tuck it into my head and IF someday my MMr flipper has problems because of this screw/bolt, I will remember it because of this 'discussion'. And maybe can't do anything about it because the old one won't be available anyway!
Mike in Kentucky

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That was the main point.

I see your point . . . and I raise you a point, and 'call'! Just kidding! I DO see what you mean about the main title of this thread.
Mike

1 week later
#189 9 years ago

Same boat here . . . with the JJP deal. Paid in full . . . and BROKE!

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

maybe we'll get our games first?

That's my thoughts too! I hope Jack has paid PPS and there are no delays!!!

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

No he did not, only stated that payment got you in the delivery line.

Granted, the email may not have DEMANDED full payment, but it sure INFERRED you had BETTER make your payment.

Quoted from S37VEN:

That's not how I read my JJP email. The email said "there are a few things we need from you:" 1) trim choice; (2) confirm shipping/billing addresses; and (3) pay your balance. Seems like a demand for payment to me.

I agree. The message seemed to give you no choice, but to pay up NOW! There was an implied message that if you didn't, you could be cut from the list and make room for someone else . . . maybe lose out completely.
Mike in Kentucky

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

People around here just love to look for things to complain about

First off, smartass . . . I wasn't 'complaining'. Good God! Can't we just talk on here without one of you 'judges' cranking up heat?!

Quoted from jkdblaze:

With the email stating: "MMR games will begin to be manufactured later this month" and "Pay your open balance of $6995.00 as you did for the deposit" it never occurred to me that I had to call him to find out if payment was really necessary.

EXACTLY! I know Jack. I have called him before. The wording of the message told me enough. I think Jack may have jumped the gun a little, thinking the pins would be popping out anytime.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Seems like different distributors have different approaches to payments. My distributor had two choices, pay in full by end of July and get free shipping

Man! I wish I would have had those options! I would have happily paid in full by July to get free shipping. Good distributor. May we ask who it was? Might want to use this person next time.

#264 9 years ago

Although I have paid in full to JJP, I don't think that will put me in front of anybody. I'll probably get mine based on what color combos they are running down the line. I've got the patience to wait. I waited 3 years for my WOZ!

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I hope paying in full early buys us SOME measure of priority at least within batche

Yeah, my thinking too. The only priority us early payers MAY get could be being moved to the head of the line in our respective trim color group. Still, I doubt it. Luck will probably be the only factor for me . . .

OMG! I just realized . . . this is the first time you and I have ever agreed on something!
We have come a long way. (See . . . I only used one "!". I really wanted to use THREE!)

Mike

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

Tracking when each order was actually paid and producing in that order seems like way more than these guys would want to handle. Installing the correct coin mech is too much to ask so I'm not sure how they would keep track with paid-in-full date.

Ha! Good one!

I hope this thread stays open. It gives us something to do while waiting . . .

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i really dont think it makes sense to pretend MMRLE and the original MM are the same entity

Well said!
Mike

#312 9 years ago

I can't believe we have had so much time to go by and still no messages letting us know the progress of the game.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Looks like that mob just left the JJP plant and are on their way to PPS

Good one! I DO find it odd and slightly frustrating that weeks have gone by and we have not heard a peep out of Rick or a progress report. I think the least that can be done is just tell us where they stand on getting production going. I'm not rushing them or complaining, but I would think a 'courtesy' update would be nice.

#351 9 years ago

labnip . . . now THAT was some real work! You have to appreciate the effort you put into that!

1 week later
#428 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My dad only gave me a nickel.

My Dad, TOOK my nickel!

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

self-engrandize yourselves

"self-aggrandizement of yourselves"

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Why did I have to pay for my MMRLE in full over a month ago??

Why did I have to pay for mine in JULY???!!!

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I find there are A LOT of brown nosers on this forum with their faces constantly glued to Rick's butt.

Ho!!! I cannot BELIEVE you would say such a . . . truthful thing!!!

#676 9 years ago
Quoted from Melbourne:

spoke with Rick earlier this evening and got my coin mechs sorted.

How much did you have to pay for them, if I may ask, or did he throw them in for free?

2 weeks later
#923 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is true! I just fix them.

And if you can fix 'em, that means you are smarter than the original creator . . . which I knew you were!

#934 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Pintucky said:
And if you can fix 'em, that means you are smarter than the original creator . . . which I knew you were!

If I was Rick, I would stop posting here too. For every informational post, there are like 10 troll posts. I am sure o-din is great at fixing things, but he also doesn't have to deal with regulatory bodies. Rick, PPS and Chicago gaming are more excited to get this game out than we are to get it. They are doing everything they can, and I am personally glad they are getting it right, rather than rushing it out the door.

I am not a troll! My comment to odin was just a compliment to him. There was nothing there knocking PPS or Rick. I paid in full for a MMr. I'M A CUSTOMER . . . NOT A TROLL! I feel I shouldn't have every word I put on here picked apart and made into a diatribe toward Rick. You make mountains out of mole hills. I think you folks who are so quick to put labels on people are the actual trolls!

#963 9 years ago

I am still not over the coin mech issue, Rick.

You never offered a solution, but just a nebulous statement that your 'survey' said most of us wouldn't have need for them anyway. I was never surveyed. If it is just a $7 item (probably $4 to you), then why not agree to thrown them in to those of us who want them? Can't cost PPS THAT much! Plus, for the price I paid for the pin, I believe I have already BOUGHT them.

This apparently seems very trivial to you, but to me, if my pin comes without them, that's my last purchase from you.

I don't know you, never seen you, you may be a real nice person to associate with, but all I can evaluate is this 'cheap trick' and your sarcasm towards those of us who protested.

I am pretty damned old and own several businesses. My years of experience coupled with the image you create tells me you are not very appreciative of your customers. I can 'feel' it. So far, you have not proved me wrong. My conclusion of your personality controls my buying habits.

I paid in full back in July to JJP. I doubt if I will cancel. But I can't forget this. Your demeanor makes me believe you are not in control of this project but just the 'front man'. So, who is REALLY 'behind the curtain' running the show?

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So, as long as you are clearing things up, what was the issue with the coin mechs? You indicated that not having them would only be an issue for a few of your customers, but went completely silent on the issue when someone asked why not just send mechs to those for whom it was an issue?

Don't shut up jfh! I think it is a legitimate question. And all those making snarly comments just give Rick fodder for not answering the question. He thinks he has support. I'd like to have this answer too!
And leave me alone! I don't want to get into a meaningless pissing contest with ANY of you!

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Here is what I thought of the game.

jalpert . . . thanks for that great review of the pin. You covered most everything we would want to know about and your assessment sure sounds great!!!

Thanks for posting this.

Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#1310 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Whew. I had to fix that for you.

Good for you! I go into shock every time I see these horrible grammar errors! That goes for the 'their' and 'there' too!

#1339 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll go with not UL Listed for $500.00 Alex.....

Funny as hell! And Odin, you never cease to amaze me with the pictures and 'info' you post! You are one of my favorite people to follow. I read all your posts on the EM threads.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I see light at the end of the tunnel...

I can't even see the tunnel!

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i gave my money to Jack a million years ago ... who knows though, since he is just the middle man there.

Ha! I paid about the same time you did, about a million years ago . . . +/- a decade or two!

(See how restrained I was? I only used two exclamation marks in the above!!!!!!!!!)

#1568 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I saw that for months and finally called BS when he claimed ignorance there were some upset that coin mechs were pulled from the game.

Hear! Hear! That's a very accurate statement! I posed a question to him about why he couldn't understand that I paid for a fully working coin operated pin, and could he at least throw in a couple of mechs to those 'few' of us he thought were the only ones wanting them. I got no response, but saw denigrating replies and remarks that scoffed the subject. Like WE were the ignorant ones!

I know one thing . . . and I am so positive about this I'll kiss anyone's ass at the next Expo if I go back on my promise . . . I will NEVER . . . EVER buy anything from PPS or Bay Area again strictly because of the arrogance of Rick. At first, I gave him every break in the book, trying to put myself in his shoes. But when he made the assertion that he didn't know anyone buying a MMr who really WANTED coin mechs (or words to that effect) . . . derived by his own 'poll' or 'research', I knew then he was a hard-headed and shifty character. I call bullshit on this! For the money I paid, he should have PM'd me and said, "Hey . . . . okay, okay . . . I understand how bad you want the mechs. When your pin is produced I'm going to throw two mechs inside the cabinet, and if I am not there the day it ships, after you get it remind me and I'll put two of them in the mail to you."

You see . . . if his theory that NOBODY really wants 'em, then that little gesture that might cost him TEN BUCKS would have more than appeased me, and would have made me feel kind of special . . . a great PR move . . . thus leading to me buying from him again. When I see hard-headed and close-minded people like that (especially when he cannot assess his own PR blunders), I am finished! Don't want nothin' to do with 'em at all! Nada! A Dios! Every time I rethink this situation and read a jfh comment regarding the same, I get that much closer to pulling the plug on this. I'm one tiny hair thickness away from asking for a refund. Rick insults my intelligence . . . what little I've got left!

That's all folks!
Now . . . . leave me alone!

#1577 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So you won't buy anything from PPS but you are getting a
MMr?

I paid for my pin in full MANY months ago. I think a lot of Jack and I don't want to ask him for a refund. I feel like that pulls the rug out from under him. Especially, since he wrote me a letter a long time ago thanking me for buying the pin through him. I'm going to live through this one sale and keep up MY end of the bargain. After that . . . . it's over.

And P. S. . . . I don't think your really wanted that kind of answer. I think you just wanted to prick my skin a bit and keep feeding fuel to the fire. Nice try.

#1578 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nothing says "we value our customers" like having them pay for the same parts twice.

ABSO-FUKING-LUTELY!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Any judge, looking at this with no bias, would have to say, "THIS is the SHITZ!!!! Give the buyers what is due to them! You can't charge 'em twice for the same parts!"

#1680 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Still haven't broken the news to my 'ol lady there's another 1 coming. PPS, please t-a-k-e your time so I can get my excuses in order.

Ole buddy . . . . me and you are in the same boat! 'She' nearly shit a brick when I brought in my new Iron Man VE three weeks ago! If this MMr comes anytime soon, this may be the tipping point! The longer it takes the better for me. Will soften the blow. BUT . . . if she says it's either the pins or her, then I reckon she better start packin' . . .

#1728 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

I'm really worried that MMRLE and THLE will show up around the same time. I'm not sure the home relationship can handle that 1-2 punch.

I think this is going to happen to me too! I JUST got my Iron Man VE, and I got holy hell for buying that, and if MM shows up in the next week or two . . . well . . . I've got my "lies" prepared. These pins only cost $1,500 each . . . so far, she has believed this line when I've got a new pin. I hope she never accidentally sees the real prices of pins on the internet!!!

#1737 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I can only imagine how PPS would handle a warranty claim one day out of warranty. He comes across as a guy that would say F-you.

Strangely enough, the coin mech issue convinced me of what you just said. After reading his comments and his could care less attitude concerning the coin mechs, I came to the conclusion that if you had a problem with MMr, (that Lloyd can't help you with!) he would have a 'F-you attitude', or wouldn't answer your call at all.

1 week later
#1958 9 years ago

So . . . if we pay the extra $100 or $300 for requesting a number does this mean we will get the coin mechs then?!

1 week later
#2268 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm waiting for the shitstorm when it's announced full color isn't actually coming

And that will show why those of us who bitched about the 'inexpensive' coin mechs being left off allows the door to be opened to other things being eliminated. It wasn't the money. It was give an inch, take a mile.

#2308 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

if color wasn't coming I would not have bought MMr

Same here! That was the clincher for me.

#2393 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I don't think we'll see a color dmd

I agree.

#2526 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not going to ding Rick for being honest either

I'm not going to ding him either, but talk about writing a vague post!

3 weeks later
#3283 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Anyone else get an email yesterday from JJP?

No. And I paid in full back in July. I was a first day order, and I got the gold trim.

#3603 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

do SD cards fit in coinmechs?

Now, THAT was funny!!!

I would rather have the coin mechs sans SD cards.

2 weeks later
#4451 9 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

JJP contacted me to inform me that I'm in their first batch (I got gold trim and was an EARLY order, like a few minutes after the link went up on their web page) but that doesn't necessarily mean that JJP's first batch is in this first production batch. I'm just hoping it is.

Jack told me that approximately 40 pins were going down the line for his customers these next couple of weeks. He said mine was in that group. I have Sales Order #1208, if that will help you determine if you are near me in line. I too ordered early, the first day it was offered on his web site. I ordered gold trim, so I would think you are right in there with me.

#4579 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Good luck if you find yourself with a problem game ...

That's been my fear since I 'discovered' Rick's abrasive personality, bullheadedness, and pomposity. I hope to God I don't have any major problems with my pin. I feel like I will be hung out to dry if I need help with my MMr from PPS/CGC. Lloyd could be our only salvation.
Mike in Kentucky

P.S. Why did I just get the distinct feeling that Rick pissed in my MMr as it came down the assembly line this week?

#4603 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

This has got to be the absolute most depressing pinball machine experience in the history of ever !!

Damn straight! And I STILL want my coin mechs that I have bought and paid for!!!

1 week later
3 weeks later
#5078 9 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Anyone with JJP get a call?

I got a call from JJP about 5 weeks ago saying my pin should ship in a "couple of weeks". It will soon be 3 sets of a couple of weeks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintucky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.