image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Got tired of waiting. Grabbed an original. Money now going to go toward Lebowski or Hobbit. Whichever comes first.

The original was free, so you still had the money to spend on a different game? Seems to me, the money went to the original instead. Then you're spending MORE on a new game

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Scheduled for mid-oct at stern +/- ... as we have been consistently saying, so far, nothing to change that.
rick

Not quite consistently. From a MMR blog post on August 13:

Stern is working with Chicago Gaming on a daily basis finalizing the assembly processes, as well as receiving parts for the game. Final preparations for the build are happening now, and we expect the line to be starting up during the last couple of weeks in Sept.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/medieval-madness-remake-status-aug-13-2014/

Things change. Things slip. Whatever. But don't act like you've always said it would hit the line in October.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

don't blame him if you haven't been keeping up with the updates.

I have been keeping up with the updates. I'm just throwing a flag on what Rick said about being consistent, because it's directly not. The schedule is sliding. Big deal. Just don't claim otherwise.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Yes there is and he had an update today, sorry could not figure out how to post link. Under the follow us click on the Forum.

From the PPS forum, which I just found thanks to this guy:

Which is here: http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/

[REDACTED]

Rick PM'd me. Apparently repeating crap from the PPS forum is some kind of no-no. So, go there to read it I guess. Whee!

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I had no idea PPS had a private forum...

It's a new thing. Seems very "I'll take my ball and go home". Rick can't control pinside, so he set up his own forum?

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Oh yea, that the games would also be shown at as many public shows as possible so that everyone could try them out for themselves (Expo yes or no?).

This answer can be found over here: http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,23.0.html

Since reposting would be bad.

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I hope you never run your own business.

Yeah. Wait. What? Whatever.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Weekly updates fully available to anyone that wants them is a bad thing? After everything that's happened on Pinside lately I don't blame them at all for moving to their own site.

But PPS already had the blog for that. It's not as if posting news requires a forum.

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

So much for updates.

There are updates. You just have to go sign up on the PPS forum.

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Makes you kind of wonder why they would go to all the trouble of setting up their own forums if things are that close? But no reason to ask in this thread since all the announcements will come over there, and cross-posting seems to be a violation of the new order of things.

There's more to the forum PPS set up than just MMR updates. Seems they're going to start producing more parts themselves and are using the forum for news & such about that stuff, as well as setting up sections for each vendor making parts under agreements with PPS.

I still don't get the vegas style "what's posted at PPS should stay at PPS" angle, but whatever.

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern doesn't even know which of their two buildings will build MMR, my impression is they're just waiting on PPS at this point.

They're not going to run both buildings at once. According to that casual interview unigroove posted over on pinballmagazine they're going to move to the new building over a 10 day span in February.

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

That sucks. "Nickel holding up a dollar." - Roy Garber (RIP)

Fixed

2 weeks later
#915 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It looks like they may be pre-production games instead of production, but it looks like Expo goers might see MMR's on the line during the tour!

Nope. They're not running on the line (test building a few, sure - not fully running), and won't be until the UL is finished and the transformers get made/delivered in quantity - which has a few weeks lead time once UL is fully done.

#917 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i thought rick said the transformer was fixed weeks ago. the fixed version is probably already at Stern by now.

Some issue may have been fixed, but as of last weeks update the UL people wanted to cut a few open and do some more thorough inspection, so they don't have a green flag to mass produce them yet in case something else changes.

Edit: Double checked, the slicing comment was 2 weeks ago's update - not last week. But last week still mentioned waiting on final approval for the go ahead from UL.

1 week later
#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

PPS has not done their weekly update yet, so far it has happened like clockwork every Monday. I hope this means UL approval is imminent, and start of production is announced (in an epic manner, anything less would not do) any day now. Full disclosure, my glass is half full

It probably more likely means expo just ended and everybody skipped the weekly meeting.

#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

it has been altered, its in stereo now. I find it amusing reading such a comment claiming it "sounds the same" yet has "improved audio" those are mutually exclusive, it can't be the same and improved.

Pinball in stereo seems like a weird idea, unless you're using headphones I guess. But 2 small speakers a foot and a half apart, four feet from the player? No point there.

#1172 9 years ago

Another angle, also from FB.

10603498_10152797841149244_6489064207090097166_n.jpg10603498_10152797841149244_6489064207090097166_n.jpg

#1174 9 years ago

May still just be proto runs through the line to get things setup & worked out. Heck, it could be the same complete proto they had at the Stern tour.

#1200 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you look at that FB post from stern, EVERY photo is taken with MMr prominently in the background. Stern seem proud to show it off.

Or that's where they had shoved the prototype and an empty cab to get them out of the way and they didn't really think about what's in the background other than "the shop".

1 week later
#1249 9 years ago
Quoted from knhappybaum:

I've sidelined myself on commenting regarding production of this machine but this is getting ridiculous. U.L. states on their website that they allow production while testing, when a manufacturer is 'gung ho'. Why, oh why is Chicago Coin being so passive?

If UL requires something to change, they'd have to re-do built games. Ain't nobody got time for that.

#1257 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

From my understanding the UL approval only involves the transformer. Could the builds begin and the Transformers added post UL approval to get a jump on production?

The UL people are testing the whole electrical system, not just the transformer. Shorting things out all over to see how it reacts, etc.

1 week later
#1526 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I would imagine that PPS didnt stock pile Transformers (the one that got UL "listed")....so would that mean he has to wait on the manufacturer for the new approved Transformers to be made and shipped? Delivery couldnt come fast enough for me.

Rick said a while ago that there would just be a week or two lead time to get the transformer production rolling and supplying the line.

#1531 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Rick perhaps you can chime in are your MMRLEs going on Sterns existing line or at the new location when they move ?!

They'll be running on the 'second' line they were setting up at the current facility when the expo tour went through. They're not going to wait until after February to start building them.

#1623 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It could very well be 20 people who actually care. The only person I see actually using the mechs are home owners who want to run quarters through their games to make it feel more arcade-y. I know those guys exist, but there can't be more than a handful of them.

It's at least 50% guys who aren't ever going to run a quarter through it and just want to complain.

#1694 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I just noticed that the PPS website just got revamped ! I'm thinking this is a good thing and Rick will likely post good news shortly!

I'm not sure how you get from "the team that works on the PPS store site updated it" to "there must be great MMR news!"

1 week later
#1822 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

So we are getting coin mechs after all. Woooohooooo! I knew it.

No, you're not getting coin mechs. They can be installed and will work.

1 week later
#2078 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That "+/-" is starting to go further and further to the "+" side.

More like +/++++

#2083 9 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

(+/++++) < +... You = Dumb... Maybe ++++/-

It's not a math equation, it's just either/or.

#2085 9 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

Yes thats why when you say more or less it makes sense.... But when you say more or morrrrrre it just sounds like you have a jaw problem... Either way you don't make much sense

You're so cute. All warm and fuzzy.

#2143 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

The natives might not want any more guesses. That was tried before, and they were wrong.

+/-

#2199 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think we are seeing delays now because Stern has their production model perfected ... and WON'T start until all the ducks are lined up.

I wonder if CGC had the playfield press jig for making all the dimples. That's the kind of thing that could be slowing things down, if they didn't.

#2236 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does any one else expect to have the color LCD implemented before shipping now?? I mean, quarter 2 2014 is LONG gone. Where is the update on that?!! That should be done by now for sure.

Nope. I'm not expecting CGC to even start on trying that until after the game is out the door.

#2248 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Timely and honest communication, though, is not hard.

At this point, all Rick knows is what CGC tells him, so if Doug isn't giving detail, Rick doesn't have any to give. I'm not sure how Doug worked out this deal that he wouldn't have to answer to the angry mobs and Rick would take all the heat, but it's a pretty sweet deal for him.

#2336 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I just can't believe the number of people going off the rails when literally nothing has changed.

Too much idle time + impatience.

#2415 9 years ago

Still just waiting for the update that says "It's on the line!" all this other static and conspiracies about ridiculous junk is tiring.

1 week later
#2695 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

They usually outsource the software, circuit boards/electronics, and then put it into their cabinets. The cabinets are about standard fare for today's arcade games, but the electronics and support are pretty poor. I especially spent a lot of wasted time trying to fix Nicktoons Racing games. Error screens, control issues, coin/board issues, etc. CGC doesn't have any useful information and doesn't stock/discontinues parts, and that's my biggest beef with them. Many of those games are now firewood because of it.

This should go over well.

#2706 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Can someone explain to me display tearing???? I have seen this come up in and is it some kind of problem with MMr that i missed? What does it mean?
Thanks,
Rob

It means when there's a lot going on the v-sync on the LCD isn't matched with the rendering speed and you can see disjointed lines in the display as it draws sometimes.

#2714 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The issue doesn't impact gameplay at all. Best way to describe it is when the DMD gets really busy (during multiball for instance) you can see this distortion in the center of the screen, running horizontally. It's usually visible for just an instant and then the game seems to catch up and everything is fine. The person playing would not notice it because (presumably) they would be too busy keeping balls in play to look at the screen, but spectators can pick up on it if they are watching the display.

This was my general summary experience from Expo. I purposefully watched the display to see if I could catch it as people had mentioned it, and I could, when spectating. Easily. But playing the game I didn't care a whip.

#2738 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

My mouth smile is so big it's starting to hurt.

You smile with other parts of your body on occasion?

#2864 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Rick confirmed on the PPS forum today that the screen tearing issue will not be resolved before MMR ships.

But everybody is talking about a v-sync issue and Rick's talking about image transitions - those aren't the same thing.

1 week later
#3094 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So with the latest,
"Last week, during Stern’s inbound inspection process, finishing issues were identified with four MMR components. We have returned these items to the related vendors and just received confirmation that rework is being expedited and modified components will be received later this week."
I assume this is going to delay start-up?

The rest of that message you didn't quote says that Production should start on Monday the 19th, if all goes as expected.

#3337 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

If I was Rick I would be standing there in person when the 1st one came off the line, and at least be there the 1st week of production. If he is not there I would say production is not starting. Just my 2 cents.

Rick's not making these. He's just the license holder. Doug at CGC is the point man on actually getting them made.

#3370 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

why anyone would want a bunch of telephone calls vs. one update post, mystifies me.

You can't talk specific hotheads down off the ledge with public posts as easily.

1 week later
#3841 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just curious what the Williams hologram is??????

The official licensed product sticker (which is a hologram).

#3858 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC is already in development on the next game as these are people who are no longer needed (design, mechanical, etc), game code is running on the new CGC platform as well which did not take much to do ... of course we will not be updating on this much until it is very close to getting ready to run ...
rick

Somebody in Chicago should take Doug out to celebrate the start of production on MM and get him drunk enough to spill the beans on game #2

#3869 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can save you the big bar tab...
It is AFM.

Quoted from Williampinball:

I heard its going too be MB for the next game

This is the problem.

#3903 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agree, why would the MMr buyers get an AFMr...it's just a slightly faster, but lesser version of MM.

I know several people that have both AFM and MM in the same collection. Different enough for me.

1 week later
#4364 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

"Also, got a sneak peek at the full color version, which is work in progress. wow."
?

When announced, they mentioned that the display is an LCD and that a 'colordmd style' version of the display would be a software upgrade at some point. That's what he's talking about.

#4369 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone know if side trim is double back tape ? Like originals.I ordered SS and going chrome

It is. But the decals do not extend under the tape (according to info provided so far), so removal is less dangerous.

#4502 9 years ago

I'm doing pretty well against most of these numbers 1174. Black.

1 month later
#5038 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

they write the code for the emulator and config screens and are coloring the dots. they designed the new boards and did all the engineering and testing and design. it's more their game than anyone else.

The whole thing is CGC's baby. Rick is the licensor/overseer.

3 months later
#5267 8 years ago

When will people realize Rick doesn't have these answers, he just provides the licensing to CGC?

#5277 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Then just say that! Why is pinball communication so hard?

Over on planetary's forum Rick mentioned that going forward the slings will be installed using a physical jig to make sure they line up just right and won't hit the playfield.

#5279 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Were they not dimpling the playfields with the big press to accomplish this on the first run?

There wasn't an in-dept expose about the situation and it's solution. Are the marks wrong? Maybe. Are the screws/holes just not tight enough tolerance to ensure lack of impact? Maybe. No idea.

#5283 8 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

when will twisted pins receive their allotment of gold MMr's?

Quoted from pudluther:

bump, since rick was pretty quick to respond to my last post. must have just missed this one.
<holds breath, turns blue>

Do you really want Rick to pester CGC for another estimate, which has just as much chance of being wrong as the last one? Or would you rather just find reassurance in the fact that manufacturing is rolling again, and they'll get made and delivered whenever they do?

3 weeks later
#5408 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am just utterly amazed that this project is not even done. What is the realistic excuse? Rick has all the money in the world, more than half the mechs previously remade, and a contract for Stern to manufacture, yet it still sits with 200? made and over a year past his own promise of delivery. Seriously, what is the root cause for this failure?

Why not just be happy that it actually got done? Happy for those that are going to get one? This drives right back to Robin wanting pinside to be a friendlier place. Why continually pound on the negative of something? Yeah, it took longer than they originally expected it to. Sure, it may be longer than you personally think is reasonable. But does it do any good to keep braying about it?

2 months later
#5490 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

Start button even looks centered!!

I think that's the angle playing tricks on you. Look at the length of the line in the crest on the left & right sides of the button. Still just as off as it was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.