image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2432 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wake me when MBr is ready.

If they are using "non-traditional" project management methodologies, maybe they are now working backwards and MBr is about to go on the line?

I like the phrase "non-traditional project management methodologies". Seems like a great euphanism for "everything's screwed up so badly I can't make any sense of it"

#2537 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Good news is this all will be addressed for the 2nd game, as we will address all that did not work the way we wanted to for the 2nd-nth game ... so there will be very little future drama with the rest of the titles ...

Good to hear. A lot of the complaints can probably be resolved with the benefit if hindsight.

#2841 9 years ago
Quoted from knhappybaum:

I'm pre-pre-pre-preordering the DorkRLE with the PremiumSportpak and plaid trim! Oh,sorry, that's me.

I'm waiting for the Ruby Red and Opal White Canuck Super Dooper LE myself...

#2967 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Curious ... Why get out at this late date?

Maybe "the journey is the reward" Sorry, could not help myself. And I am a dropout too (though this was last summer when the plan to bring it to shows changed and I could no longer try it before I bought it... plus I started wondering if I was burned out on MM...)

#2996 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

For everyone's sake, please don't get psyched.

Yes; c'mon. If production starts, great.

But if history is any indication, it is ~3 days until the next "unforseen delay that is TOTALLY someone elses fault" is announced.

#2999 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

» YouTube video
Locusts!

Awsome, and yes we are close to the "locusts" part

1 week later
#3350 9 years ago

If Rick legitimately has no idea whether production started today or not... oh dear. That is just the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Next thing JJP will be unware when Hobbit is being produced... if the masses will eat up such weak sauce excuses, may as well keep giving them...

#3361 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Judging from his tone and response, he didn't really seem to care...

This sounds cynical, but I guess he has the cash so I can see how figuring out when the games are going to start being made takes a back seat after you have had your payday...

If someone was looking for another reason to stick a fork in the prepay model, this is it right here. I am generally pretty patient and forgiving, but after having delay after delay, I would make this my priority rather than assuming everybody else does not give a crap.

#3366 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Would clearly prefer people to contact me ... I can handle the call rate. We have updates on the PPS forum at least 1 or 2 a week.
rick

How about a simple yes or no question: Did production start today. Yes or No?

If you can't understand why people have been chomping at the bit for this update after having 8K ish down on this game for now over a year in some cases, then that's on you.

#3367 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I just was in the middle of things and knew that this was a call for a pinside sound byte - whether production starts today or tonite or tomorrow, etc, it will be starting when everything is ready to start - THAT IS UP TO STERN AND CGC and they are way too busy to have me calling all the time trying to figure out the minutia. When production starts is symbolic but when people are getting games is more interesting, so when I have a call which people truly want to know what is going on and where they might be we have a more fruitful discussion.
I just posted a small update and Doug I've asked to post one today as I just got off the phone with him. I know this is harsh, but CGC and Stern are so busy trying to get the game out, they do not have alot of time for phone calls and reading forums, etc, so it's difficult for me (who is in California) to get a play by play on the final stages of production. I'm comfortable that everyone involved is doing everything to get the games moving down the line, so constant checks do not move things faster.

This is at least helpful, thank you. Bottom line is production was supposed to start last week, then apparently today, so excuse people for expecting an update today, and one that includes awesome positive news at that.

#3513 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I agree with you that this guy is completely obsessed with this whole MMR thing, but many months ago when I predicted that this game would not see production until 2015 you berated me and said that if I were correct in my prediction, you would bail on this and demand a refund. So, have you demanded a refund, or are you ready to apologize?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.