image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garbonzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 9 years ago

Is the Roger Sharpe video forthcoming?

#292 9 years ago

is there any precedent on pinside for remakes? will MMR be considered a different game than MM?
So, if MMR is somehow better or worse than MM is it possible that MMR could be ranked #1 and MM ranked #3, for example?

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I can't believe we have had so much time to go by and still no messages letting us know the progress of the game.

Bump!

3 weeks later
#615 9 years ago

Well, I am glad that Rick is taking the time to do it "right" and not cutting corners. Frankly I expected it shipped in December so +/- one month is fine. Obviously people would rather have it sooner rather than later, but there are bigger things in life to worry about than a one month delay.

1 week later
#805 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

UL approved.

approved.jpg 8 KB

Is this a statement of fact, or an attempt at a joke?

3 weeks later
#1196 9 years ago

How long has this UL certification been going on now?

1 week later
#1361 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

uh yes they do

Quoted from Rarehero:

Obviously.

image.jpg 110 KB

So this whole thing got me thinking and three questions came up...

1. if Stern already has UL listed transformer, why not just use/buy the transformer from Stern and use that.

2. now that the transformer is UL listed, can CGC/PPS use the same transformer in any future games?

3. Does this mean the games can be produced now that it is released for production?

#1397 9 years ago

If the line starts in 2 weeks, lets say Dec 1 start date.
I think I read Stern can produce 250 units per month. Assuming there are about 900 orders, that means 200 people get theirs by Christmas. The last wait until mid March 2015.

#1401 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

300 per week came right from the Stern video from a news agency someone posted last week. It came right from the source.

Gold trim MMR under the Christmas Tree!!

#1438 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Plenty of LEs seem to be available at all the distributors. From all accounts it is far from sold out. Timing is everything and too many new choices it seems in current times compared to 1 year ago.
My best guesstimate is only ~600 LEs currently sold.
Glad those that are in on this title will apparently be getting it soon.
Is there further payment required or are all LE owners paid in full at this time? I am curious if we can expect more other games being dumped from collections as people make space/get funds for a final MMr payment.

I have not been asked for payment yet. When I am might have to sell something

#1486 9 years ago

I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be interested or guessing as to how many MMR standards are built or ordered. Although the machines are not "investments", it was originally presented as a "limited edition" of 1,000. People may have ordered speculating that their $8000 "investment" would be sound if they wanted to resell it or trade it later. If all of a sudden there are 5,000 standard machines made, then that is a totally different story and the $8000 price tag doesn't look so good.

#1505 9 years ago

A lot of people doubted PPS, but they came through (it seems). I think this will be a great game and the UL listing will be much appreciated years from now, even though it caused a few months delay. I believe this will be a high quality game and the start of something great. From all indications, PPS did not skimp on quality like some other manufacturers. Time will tell, but I am looking forward to getting my MMR from pinballcompany.

#1508 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't think very many people doubted PPS .

Read back through some of the forum posts....people wanting their deposits back, etc.

#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, UL is done and it was stated by Rick that it would be 2 weeks +/- before the start of production. This one time, how nice would it be, if it was the rare - and not the +?

I agree its always better to give a promise date at the long end of the expectation, and please people by coming in ahead of schedule.

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Speaking of parts...I would imagine it make more sense for Stern to pump the games out on the current line ; or opposed to moving all the parts and use MMRLEs as a guinea pig at the newer factory. If these games get made at Sterns newer factory lots of speculation will form, frankly I don't care but ultimately I just want my game to be delivered with the highest quality yet I would at this point appreciate it to be expedited in any way possible.

No one can afford for MMr to come out anything less than perfect. It would be bad for Stern's reputation and Rick wont allow inferior production methods. They will do the right thing.

#1552 9 years ago

This thread is getting ridiculous. People need to stop trying to spin everything that is said here and just let PPS do their work and finish the game. Too many posts trying to poke Rick with a stick about everything he tries to communicate something. In business, things don't always go exactly as planned and schedules sometimes are not met. The game is almost done. He is clearly doing the best to expedite MMr. Let it be.

3 weeks later
#2061 9 years ago

I am predicting a January 14 delivery date for MMr.

The good news is that I also predict a March 15 delivery date for Monster Bash (UL is already done!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garbonzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production?tu=Garbonzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.