image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 111.
#4701 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And just look at that color DMD....

so what is the story behind the colour dmd, is it coming with it?, is it LE only?, will it be available in future? or we can't ask.

#4702 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

so what is the story behind the colour dmd, is it coming with it?, is it LE only?, will it be available in future? or we can't ask.

The game comes with a color LCD. Colored animation will available at some point with an update thru USB.

Since it's a code update, I would have to assume it's free for all....can't imagine these games having any kind of encryption on them for updates.

#4703 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

the game comes with a full color LCD screen. currently, the user can select any single color they want for the display. they are working on colorizing the frames like ColorDMD and last we heard was it would be a free download upgrade for LE owners, possibly a paid upgrade for standards (but nobody knows for sure).

#4704 9 years ago

I wonder if they'll have any pinball repair classes at PAGG this year?

#4705 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since it's a code update, I would have to assume it's free for all....

This has never been explicitly stated. Rick initially implied it would be free for LE owners, then backtracked and deferred to CGC. No such implication was made for standards.

#4706 9 years ago
#4707 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's a good thing the game wasn't delivered last year then, otherwise those that would now be waiting for the color update would be pissed!

grasping. you're trolling this thread so much you're watering yourself down.

#4708 9 years ago
#4709 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This has never been explicitly stated. Rick initially implied it would be free for LE owners, then backtracked and deferred to CGC. No such implication was made for standards.

LE's and Standards will have the same computer and same display so - yeah, I thought it was weird that he said it would be free for LE owners....what could possibly be different in how the interface works for Standards?

#4710 9 years ago
#4711 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will be free for everyone once Aurich gets ahold of it.

LOL...or anyone else!

#4712 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LE's and Standards will have the same computer and same display so - yeah, I thought it was weird that he said it would be free for LE owners....what could possibly be different in how the interface works for Standards?

The only thing I can think of is some sort of security chip or a serial number range being checked at some ROM location. Given what we have seen so far, I don't think CG planned such a feature into the system, so I suspect if some LE owner loaned a standard owner a USB stick with the code it would load fine on the standard.

If the code wasn't available free to the standard owner, this would presumably be a violation of the software license provided by PPS and/or CG.

Personally, I think it's a losing idea to say the colorization code is free to one group and not another, but it won't surprise me to see that standard owners have to buy it as a "feature".

#4713 9 years ago

would be pretty trivial to force the colorized version of the code to be activated by a passkey provided by the manufacturer, generated from the serial number of the game, just like ColorDMD required when users upgraded from the 1.0 version of their software. no special hardware or planning ahead required for that kind of security. it could just be built into the newer software version.

having said that, i doubt they'll go that route. i think the PR blowback would be a higher hurdle than the tech side of it.

#4714 9 years ago

PR blowback doesn't seem to have had much effect on things so far

#4715 9 years ago

I wonder who will be the first to post an unboxing of a MMRLE and when?

#4716 9 years ago

To be honest are you guys really still excited to get this game?

#4717 9 years ago

Why would anyone not be excited? If someone wants the game and invested the cash to get it of course they'll be excited for its arrival, kind of dickish to ask otherwise isn't it?

#4718 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Why would anyone not be excited? If someone wants the game and invested the cash to get it of course they'll be excited for its arrival, kind of dickish to ask otherwise isn't it?

Ask the jpop preorder guys the same question. I think it's perfectly valid to be both looking forward to getting the game and soured by the experience. Not every post that's not glowing in favor of mmr is a troll post.

#4719 9 years ago

I can see someone tired of the wait but that quickly fades when your actually getting the game in. It's sort of like waiting for a rollercoasted ride and then when your two people short of getting on the ride saying "you guys really want to ride this?", I don't know to me it just sounded like you were questioning people's choice of machine or taking a crap on their excitement. But it's early 5am for me and perhaps I'm just reading into it, if so I applogize

#4720 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I can see someone tired of the wait but that quickly fades when your actually getting the game in. It's sort of like waiting for a roller lasted rise and then when your two people short of getting on the ride saying "you guys really want to ride this?", I don't know to me it just sounded like you were questioning people's choice of machine or taking a crap on their excitement. But it's early 5am for me and perhaps I'm just reading into it, if so I applogize

I'm not passing judgement. Just offering a different perspective. It's all good my friend.

#4721 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ask the jpop preorder guys the same question. I think it's perfectly valid to be both looking forward to getting the game and soured by the experience. Not every post that's not glowing in favor of mmr is a troll post.

I don't think you can compare being 8 months behind schedule with games now being produced to being 2 years behind schedule with some artwork to show for it. Ordering an MMr has been far from a traumatic experience. The games are late, that's about it. If people are that soured on MMr they should just get there $1000 deposit money back. The vendors other then JJP are just now asking for payment.

#4722 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't think you can compare being 8 months behind schedule with games now being produced to being 2 years behind schedule with some artwork to show for it. Ordering an MMr has been far from a traumatic experience. The games are late, that's about it. If people are that soured on MMr they should just get there $1000 deposit money back. The vendors other then JJP are just now asking for payment.

Wait, so you're saying there is a timeframe (arbitrarily set by you) of being late that is acceptable to then be unhappy. LOL. Unhappy is unhappy my good man. You don't get to determine that timeframe. By the way, this wasn't/isn't about wanting out or getting refunds. You may try to make it that to strengthen your retort. Nice try. It was a simple question of has the wait ruined it for anyone.

#4723 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Wait, so you're saying there is a timeframe (arbitrarily set by you) of being late that is acceptable to then be unhappy. LOL. Unhappy is unhappy my good man. You don't get to determine that timeframe. By the way, this wasn't/isn't about wanting out or getting refunds. You may try to make it that to strengthen your retort. Nice try. It was a simple question of has the wait ruined it for anyone.

It reads more like "hasn't the wait ruined it for everyone?" But of course you're free to interpret it as an actual rather than a rhetorical question.

#4724 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It reads more like "hasn't the wait ruined it for everyone?" But of course you're free to interpret it as a an actual rather than a rhetorical question.

Semantics man. Everything doesn't have to be a slight. Like I said just a few posts prior:

Quoted from Skins:

I'm not passing judgement. Just offering a different perspective. It's all good my friend.

#4725 9 years ago

Dog chasing tail=this thread

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4726 9 years ago

Going in Circles paint.pngGoing in Circles paint.png
#4727 9 years ago
Quoted from dirkhermans:

To be honest are you guys really still excited to get this game?

Why in the world wouldn't we be??

#4728 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I wasn't trying to be a jackass, you might want to calm down and reread the post. If people get soured by the experience because it is late by 1 day or 8 months that is there right. I think it's a bit silly though. We are adults throwing around 8K on toys, none of this stuff is critical to life or overly important in any way. I could care less about the strength on my retort, was just pointing out that I do not think MMr and JPOP are comparable. Nor did I say anything about having a time frame that is set by me that makes it acceptable for anyone.

#4729 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I wasn't trying to be a jackass, you might want to calm down and reread the post. If people get soured by the experience because it is late by 1 day or 8 months that is there right. I think it's a bit silly though. We are adults throwing around 8K on toys, none of this stuff is critical to life or overly important in any way. I could care less about the strength on my retort, was just pointing out that I do not think MMr and JPOP are comparable. Nor did I say anything about having a time frame that is set by me that makes it acceptable for anyone.

What a silly response. Of course you set time frames. You clearly stated 8 months doesn't compare to 2 years. Do you always just fabricate things to validate arguments? Calm down, me? That's funny. I am far from worked up. You however, seem a touch bit excitable. While suggesting others reread things, perhaps you reread what you have written. You can't debate rationally with the irrational.

#4730 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What a silly response. Of course you set time frames. You clearly stated 8 months doesn't compare to 2 years. Do you always just fabricate things to validate arguments? Calm down, me? That's funny. I am far from worked up. You however, seem a touch bit excitable. While suggesting others reread things, perhaps you reread what you have written. You can't debate rationally with the irrational.

The time frame has zero to do with it. What doesn't compare is that MMr is being made right now. No one has any clue what JPOP is really doing or if they will ever get there games. I certainly hope it works out for everyone involved in that preorder though.

#4731 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The time frame has zero to do with it. What doesn't compare is that MMr is being made right now. No one has any clue what JPOP is really doing or if they will ever get there games. I certainly hope it works out for everyone involved in that preorder though.

JPOP is building a game from the ground up! So maybe not a good comparison... after all it's not like CGC/PPS started with a blank sheet of paper and designed and coded MM... Most of the hard work was done 18 years ago.

Disclaimer: I'm in on a JPOP game and have seen more than art.

#4732 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JPOP is building a game from the ground up! So maybe not a good comparison... after all it's not like CGC/PPS started with a blank sheet of paper and designed and coded MM... Most of the hard work was done 18 years ago.
Disclaimer: I'm in on a JPOP game and have seen more than art.

That's great news if it's further along when what has been shown. I agree, not a good comparison at all. That was my point from the post above that compared the experience of MMr and JPOP. I hope all of the JPOP games come out and that they are awesome. I am a big fan of his previous work.

#4733 9 years ago

I keep checking this thread when I see new posts. Hoping to see more pics on the line, or someone actually getting their game. I am not in on this order but am excited for others.
But almost every time I check in, its just a bunch of (little kids) bickering back and forth, calling names etc.
Why can't we all just get along? LOL

#4734 9 years ago

I guess I could see the "dimmed excitement" aspect of it.

When this thing was announced back in the George W administration, beater MMs were going for $8,000 and nice ones for the cost of a small Buick.

For many reasons - including the announcement of MMr itself - this is no longer true. No it hasn't been an absolutely ridiculous wait but I can see how the whole enterprise may have lost its luster for some.

I'm sure that they hype will ramp back up once some pics are posted of unboxing parties and (hopefully) good reviews of the product start getting posted.

#4735 9 years ago

Maybe they're building all 1000 games, hauling them over to CGC for storage and then shipping them all out at once? Seems odd that the first games came off the line several weeks ago, yet no one has reportedly received a game yet?

#4736 9 years ago

Whiners...the lot of ya

#4737 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe they're building all 1000 games, hauling them over to CGC for storage and then shipping them all out at once? Seems odd that the first games came off the line several weeks ago, yet no one has reportedly received a game yet?

Rick's 2/17 update on the PPS Forum said Stern had finished the first 10 games and would be boxing them up this week (presumably for transport to CGC from whence they will ship), with another ~ 15 currently on the line. So it seems reasonable to expect that CGC will start shipping them out next week.

#4738 9 years ago

The first pin is being shipped to me (SuperPinball) via limosine directly to my house with marching band, baton twirlers, fireworks display, cheerleaders etc. Rick will be jumping out of a cake when the ribbon is cut. Mayor will hand me the key to the pin. After that the rest of the pins will ship so nobody has to worry. Delay was due to permit being released by the town to shut down main street for the official first pin event.

#4739 9 years ago

I thought they had MMr on the production line several weeks ago and I'm just amazed no one has had theirs delivered by now. What's the hold up?

#4740 9 years ago
#4741 9 years ago

Slightly off topic but how cold does it have to be before you cannot ship pins?

#4742 9 years ago
#4743 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From what I understand freezing cold is not good for them.

So if a pin was stored in a garage in northern USA or Canada then walk away from the deal?

#4744 9 years ago
#4745 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought they had MMr on the production line several weeks ago and I'm just amazed no one has had theirs delivered by now. What's the hold up?

And there it is... The kickoff post to another 5 pages of conspiracies on the delays. Calling all project doubters to bring up the following...

- Defective parts?
- Electronics failures?
- Deteriorating relationship between Stern/CGC/PPS?
- Major flaws on the 10 first games produced being covered up by Rick?
- Stern assembly line workers are purists and are taking a stand against a refake on their line?
- There really is no MMR being made. It is all a hoax and Rick, Doug, and Gary have taken all the deposits and are on an island somewhere in the south pacific?

#4746 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

heaven knows what they are being exposed to on the way here.

I have a pin being shipped to me from Halifax to Toronto next week,another from Edmonton and of course MMr any day now. Yesterday it was -22 Celsius. I think I should be worried.

#4747 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If you're interested, Rick's PPS Forum posts shed at least some light on the progress/delays over the last month or two. As I said, his last post certainly makes it sound like the first games will be shipping imminently.

#4748 9 years ago
#4749 9 years ago

Just let the machine spend several hours in the room before firing it up. Maybe an entire day if it was really cold.

#4750 9 years ago

my refund check arrives next week...... so its guaranteed games will start shipping next week

maybe they can finally get some games out 4 weeks after "production" started....lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.