image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 111.
#4501 9 years ago

I am #1467 in black paid in full back in July. Hope to be in the next batch. Have a spot all ready to go.

#4502 9 years ago

I'm doing pretty well against most of these numbers 1174. Black.

#4503 9 years ago

With Stern's production rate once they ramp up... I'm not sure its worth getting worked up over where in the queue your order is. This isn't WOZ where production is over 6m-12m. They will ramp up and games will flow in a matter of weeks, not seasons

#4504 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

With Stern's production rate once they ramp up... I'm not sure its worth getting worked up over where in the queue your order is. This isn't WOZ where production is over 6m-12m. They will ramp up and games will flow in a matter of weeks, not seasons

FINE. then what do you suggest we freak out over now?? it's gonna be weeks before we can start flipping our lids over playfields dimpling.

#4505 9 years ago

Mine is 1242 Black. Looking forward to receiving it.

#4506 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

FINE. then what do you suggest we freak out over now?? it's gonna be weeks before we can start flipping our lids over playfields dimpling.

I just heard there is an unexpected shortage of Baby Poop.

#4507 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I'm waiting for the "Report your MMr issues here" thread. People will freak out and start yelling at Rick as if a Pinside thread is his Help Desk center.

#4508 9 years ago

I'm #1053 (Black) with Pinball Sales and paid in full 7-7-14, but I have not heard anything yet.
Fingers crossed I get mine before the big Stern move.

#4509 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm waiting for the "Report your MMr issues here" thread. People will freak out and start yelling at Rick as if a Pinside thread is his Help Desk center.

Inevitably people will post here for help. That is how good Pinside is.

LTG : )™

#4510 9 years ago

You've waited a decade, what's a few more weeks?

#4511 9 years ago

I'd rather be in the middle or back end of production. This way the workers will be in a nice groove by the time my game gets made.

#4512 9 years ago

^^^^

I agree.

And besides, everyone knows that Stern can build pinball machines pretty fast.

I figure, what's a few more weeks of waiting when I've already waited this long?

#4513 9 years ago

In some collectors circles, the early customers are called "beta testers"

#4514 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

hehehehe

#4515 9 years ago

i'm certain we will be. i'm sure there will be hiccups. and i'm sure PPS will make it right.

#4516 9 years ago

True enough, but in all honesty I'd rather have it sooner and be a tester then wait.

#4517 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

True enough, but in all honesty I'd rather have it sooner and be a tester then wait.

Depends on the issues...in hindsight I'm glad I was late in the run for WOZ although at the time waiting sucked. My game has been great.

#4518 9 years ago

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried, just thought I'd share that perspective for people that may be bummed their later on the list. I played some MM tonight at freegoldwatch and had a blast, I gotta see if I can get over to PPS in San jose and check out their demo of MMR.

I'm curious, has rick mentioned anything for possible mods for these remakes? I know for some games they have many great mods and at least to me that's part of the appeal to owning a game (tricking it out a bit).

#4519 9 years ago

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried, just thought I'd share that perspective for people that may be bummed their later on the list. I played some MM tonight at freegoldwatch and had a blast, I gotta see if I can get over to PPS in San jose and check out their demo of MMR.
I'm curious, has rick mentioned anything for possible mods for these remakes? I know for some games they have many great mods and at least to me that's part of the appeal to owning a game (tricking it out a bit).

i agree, working on the game and tweaking it can be as fun as playing it.

Rick did mention they're testing out custom black ramps to match the black trim.

#4520 9 years ago

Cool. I'm curious I haven't checked the original MM out for mods I'd imagine some cool lighting effects and other items could be done to the original, I guess I'll have to see what's been done before (any glowing eye trolls?)

I'm mainly interested in if they do a remake of AFM as I know there's many mods I'd be interested in for that title, I'd imagine that black ramps would look amazing for MMR though a possible green under lit area or purple for under the castle would be cool as well. too bad they couldn't do some sort of mist / low fog machine for around the castle moat area

#4521 9 years ago

Anybody got their game yet?

#4522 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not sure the early WOZ folks would agree. I got mine later and was happy to not have to go through the headaches. Just one example though...

#4523 9 years ago

Cool. I'm curious I haven't checked the original MM out for mods I'd imagine some cool lighting effects and other items could be done to the original, I guess I'll have to see what's been done before (any glowing eye trolls?)

There are glowing eye trolls and other light up mods for sure for MM. Just be careful that whatever you buy states that it will work with MMr as the voltages and hookup points for electrical mods are going to be different. I know several of the major mod providers have said they will re-engineer their stuff for the new system but you will need to give them time to do that once they get their own games and can figure it out.

#4524 9 years ago

I've done some custom 3D printed pinball mods and I'm looking forward to getting the machine in and seeing what I can do and where I can mount stuff.

22 straight posts on a page all on topic. A new thread record!!!

#4525 9 years ago

I've got the Laseriffic topper all ready to go - it looks great.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4526 9 years ago

My dealer emailed me yesterday. Said I will "have my MMR within the next 4 weeks."

Smooth.

Rob

#4527 9 years ago

We are having a Hobbit and MMR Release Party on Sat 2/21 in Harrisburg PA area....

Details in this post :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-hobbit-and-mmr-release-party-sat-221

#4528 9 years ago

Hey Rick, how about some more pictures? Please, please, please!

#4529 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

+1

#4530 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Given he's no longer there... I'd wager we won't get anymore. Next step... pictures of big brown boxes in people's driveways

#4531 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

how about some more pictures?

After "photo-gate"? Not likely

#4532 9 years ago

Sorry if this has already been covered but do we know where the LE plaque is located yet?

#4533 9 years ago

Think it was mentioned as at the back. I'm not logged onto PPS (I seem to recall it there) and can't remmeber my password to log in from my phone) but I think it's on the back of the cabinet

#4534 9 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Sorry if this has already been covered but do we know where the LE plaque is located yet?

On the apron.

#4535 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

After "photo-gate"? Not likely

I had a new stack of emails from Rick today still freaking out that his copyright is being violated because his photos ended up in a forum discussion thread, and he tried to call me. Apparently has the wrong number or something, which is good, because I certainly don't want to have a conversation about it. So much for letting it go and being a reasonable person.

You win Rick, I certainly won't post your photos again. Mostly because I don't want to have to keep deleting your emails and PMs and who knows if you'll manage to hunt down my proper phone number eventually. We all know you love phone calls, but I don't have anything to say.

Let's be clear: If anyone thought I was disputing Rick's copyright I wasn't, it's his. All his.

Just another person who's happy to be all smiles and hands open on Pinside when it comes to asking for money, and then wants to get all cagey and control freaky when those same people have the audacity to want a little info on what's happening with all that money.

I'm still glad the games are rolling off the line, everyone who paid up deserves one. Hope they fix the LCD tearing and manage to colorize it and it all comes out awesome.

#4536 9 years ago

Yep, the apron. Wish this had been mentioned sooner -- some people probably bought custom aprons in anticipation, but the fact that the "plaque" is there might have affected that decision. PPS hasn't shown a picture of it yet, so no one knows exactly what it will be like as far as I know.

I am wondering if the badge and number are printed directly onto the apron.

#4537 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

To avoid another 500 posts ... I've already gotten over this and will try to keep up with pinside and post more and more content. But the noise on pinside has me definitely more 'write' and less 'read' ... But pinside of course has the unruly masses sometimes.

Thanks for this. I'm a lurker on this topic like probably hundreds (thousands?) of others who are interested in what PPS is up to, but don't post. I don't have the time or inclination to register at several forums, so the more news you post here the better chance I'll be informed about and interested in your next game/mod/etc.

MMr is looking good. Have a friend with one coming in and can't wait to play.

#4538 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I think the black looks really good. We are having black ramps made as aftermarket parts as well ... so waiting on some of those.
Rick

I have new raw parts from Pinball Life ready to get powder coated to deep dark Purple.

#4539 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had a new stack of emails from Rick today still freaking out that his copyright is being violated because his photos ended up in a forum discussion thread, and he tried to call me. Apparently has the wrong number or something, which is good, because I certainly don't want to have a conversation about it. So much for letting it go and being a reasonable person.
You win Rick, I certainly won't post your photos again. Mostly because I don't want to have to keep deleting your emails and PMs and who knows if you'll manage to hunt down my proper phone number eventually. We all know you love phone calls, but I don't have anything to say.
Let's be clear: If anyone thought I was disputing Rick's copyright I wasn't, it's his. All his.
Just another person who's happy to be all smiles and hands open on Pinside when it comes to asking for money, and then wants to get all cagey and control freaky when those same people have the audacity to want a little info on what's happening with all that money.
I'm still glad the games are rolling off the line, everyone who paid up deserves one. Hope they fix the LCD tearing and manage to colorize it and it all comes out awesome.

What I can't figure out is why Rick totally fucked up the epic day that the first MMRE rolled off the line. He should have came here, started his new thread, posted pictures and he'd have had 100's of comments talking about the game and how excited everyone is.

It looks like he is still butt hurt about random people on here offering their opinions and the random trolls... but this is the internet. The internet is the wild west of free opinions and actions. Maybe he thinks his forum is the best idea, but i'll be damned if i'm going to visit that site where all the good topics are READ ONLY. Besides the request for parts to be reran, his site is totally useless. Pinside is one of two places to go to for pinball talk.

Rick should give me a call if he wants to be taught how the internet works and how to use it properly: 605-475-6962

#4540 9 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Thanks for this. I'm a lurker on this topic like probably hundreds (thousands?) of others who are interested in what PPS is up to, but don't post. I don't have the time or inclination to register at several forums, so the more news you post here the better chance I'll be informed about and interested in your next game/mod/etc.
MMr is looking good. Have a friend with one coming in and can't wait to play.

Don't thank him too soon, apparently he didn't actually get over it since he started harassing me again this morning.

#4541 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What I can't figure out is why Rick totally fucked up the epic day that the first MMRE rolled off the line. He should have came here, started his new thread, posted pictures and he'd have had 100's of comments talking about the game and how excited everyone is.
It looks like he is still butt hurt about random people on here offering their opinions and the random trolls... but this is the internet. The internet is the wild west of free opinions and actions. Maybe he thinks his forum is the best idea, but i'll be damned if i'm going to visit that site where all the good topics are READ ONLY. Besides the request for parts to be reran, his site is totally useless. Pinside is one of two places to go to for pinball talk.
Rick should give me a call if he wants to be taught how the internet works and how to use it properly: 605-475-6962

That is priceless. Will the big dictator take you up on your offer?

#4542 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Truly an epic fail in every sense imaginable. Never seen anything like it. It's so bad it's almost like he was playing the role of a competitor, purposely trying to diminish the excitement that people might have about fresh MMr's rolling off the line.

And he's still giving Aurich shit about posting pictures?! WTF? He should be thanking him!

#4543 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yup. I just posted a handful of public photos for the people who weren't going to go to another forum. So that customers and potential customers could see the good news with their own eyes. What a jerk!

Somehow Rick's decided I'm personally out to get him because of that. Which takes some crazy logic, but whatever. Then he posts that he's over it, and looks like the reasonable guy. I thanked him even. Nothing personal about. We moved on.

Was I being defiant and telling him to talk to Robin if he wanted the pics down? Sure. I don't take orders from someone else. But I'll respect Robin's decision if he thinks it's not fair game.

Now Rick is suddenly all on my dick again. I'm tired of getting emails from him, I CC'd Robin myself with a link to my post, what more does he want? I told him if he keeps sending them I'm going to just start posting them publicly to Pinside. I'll keep anything prior to that warning private to be ethical.

Own worst enemy, I swear.

#4544 9 years ago

I think many of us appreciated the pics that were posted here (thank you). alot of pinsiders are not on the pps forums, so this is IT for pinball updates.

were the photos watermarked? or any corner markings with ricks logo? or is that even an issue.

Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. I just posted a handful of public photos for the people who weren't going to go to another forum. So that customers and potential customers could see the good news with their own eyes. What a jerk!
Somehow Rick's decided I'm personally out to get him because of that. Which takes some crazy logic, but whatever. Then he posts that he's over it, and looks like the reasonable guy. I thanked him even. Nothing personal about. We moved on.
Was I being defiant and telling him to talk to Robin if he wanted the pics down? Sure. I don't take orders from someone else. But I'll respect Robin's decision if he thinks it's not fair game.
Now Rick is suddenly all on my dick again. I'm tired of getting emails from him, I CC'd Robin myself with a link to my post, what more does he want? I told him if he keeps sending them I'm going to just start posting them publicly to Pinside. I'll keep anything prior to that warning private to be ethical.
Own worst enemy, I swear.

#4545 9 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

don't have the time or inclination to register at several forums

Takes 30 seconds to get pps forum account

#4546 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Yep, the apron. Wish this had been mentioned sooner -- some people probably bought custom aprons in anticipation, but the fact that the "plaque" is there might have affected that decision. PPS hasn't shown a picture of it yet, so no one knows exactly what it will be like as far as I know.
I am wondering if the badge and number are printed directly onto the apron.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

Scroll down the page a little and there is an example of it. It has the number out of 1000 on it and a MM logo.

#4547 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now Rick is suddenly all on my dick again.

Rick The Dick, has a ring to it no?

#4548 9 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
Scroll down the page a little and there is an example of it. It has the number out of 1000 on it and a MM logo.

Yeah I saw the artwork for it but that doesn't tell us anything about whether it's a plaque attached to the apron or printed on the apron itself or what.

#4549 9 years ago

There's a test game on location at Logan Arcade! Played it last night. Outside of the DMD and the powdercoat, you'd never know it's a remake.

#4550 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Takes 30 seconds to get pps forum account

A bit longer for those of us that use a proxy server to hide from jerks as well as use burner email acCOuNts when required for activation of such important, private forums.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.