image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 111.
#4251 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

For the poeple that love MM and bought it for that reason it won't matter because it won't be for sale anytime soon. What in the world makes you think this game will take a 25% drop or more when all other new games do not unless they suck. It's MM, it's not going to suck.

I think you are right that most buying MMR won't be selling anytime soon. Most bought it because the game play and rules are a known commodity, which is different than new games from other manufacturers and they want/expect to have a Medieval Madness for a long time. Whatever the resale hit is won't matter, because the game won't be for sale. (This is why as an MM owner, I didn't really care if my game was valued by others at $18k, $10k, $8k or whatever, because I'm not going to sell it anyway).

If there are issues with the board sets or the games that aren't resolved quickly, then you may see some discounted sales (like WOZ with early light board issues), but I suspect this isn't very likely.

However, there are apparently a lot of people buying an MMR just based on the reputation of MM. Some in this group may find they don't like the game Medieval Madness as much as they think and may have to sell at a steeper discount than you might expect because few that want the game (that don't already have one on order) are going to buy anywhere near $8k since (a) they won't be eligible for any warranty coverage and (b) if you are going to spend that much, you might as well buy a new one. And since PPS says MMRs are going to be produced as long as there is demand, it may take longer for HUO copies to sell without a significant discount.

I don't know if 25% is the right figure, but looking at recent WOZ sales, it may not be too far off. The higher the purchase price, the steeper the depreciation hit.

#4253 9 years ago

To guess the resale price on a game thats still in production is F€£#ING rediculous. No one knows the future of PPS ? We don't know exactly how games are built yet ? You Haters of mmr find something better to do

#4254 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why are you not in every other preorder thread doing the same thing? If this is so important to the future of pinball you should really go help everyone else out.

I follow the ones I am interested in. But most of those threads already have others doing the same thing, so there is no reason for me to. It's also pretty clear that the issues in the other threads are understood by most who participate in them.

That's obviously not the case here since the posters who are so upset with my participation would rather just put their heads in the sand and give Rick a free pass. That approach isn't working too well for the JPOP and DP folks. Fortunately, the PPS issues are far easier to fix.

#4255 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

supply and demand.
Demand is way down for top end games and supply is way up.
There is really no comparable to MMr as a predictor, but what I see is a 'le' with 1000 games being made plus unlimited run of the standard which is really the same as the 'le' in all ways that really matter.
I still think many people ordered a MMr under the delusion that they were getting a 14k game for a deal at 8k. This remake will double (or more) the number of available MM out in the world in a very short amount of time.
I also think MM is a just an OK game after you have had it for a while. Fun and funny but like most they lose the luster after a while. The remake also holds zero of the collector prestige like the original.
I think it will easily be selling for 6k in short order.
Similar idea would be if they made 2000 StLE. It would be selling for 5500 now instead of the 6-6500 they are currently selling for.

You may be right, time will tell but I'm predicting they don't fall below $6500 with any consistancy. Now if theysell 2000 standards that would change things.

Quoted from jfh:

I think you are right that most buying MMR won't be selling anytime soon. Most bought it because the game play and rules are a known commodity, which is different than new games from other manufacturers and they want/expect to have a Medieval Madness for a long time. Whatever the resale hit is won't matter, because the game won't be for sale. (This is why as an MM owner, I didn't really care if my game was valued by others at $18k, $10k, $8k or whatever, because I'm not going to sell it anyway).
If there are issues with the board sets or the games that aren't resolved quickly, then you may see some discounted sales (like WOZ with early light board issues), but I suspect this isn't very likely.
However, there are apparently a lot of people buying an MMR just based on the reputation of MM. Some in this group may find they don't like the game Medieval Madness as much as they think and may have to sell at a steeper discount than you might expect because few that want the game (that don't already have one on order) are going to buy anywhere near $8k since (a) they won't be eligible for any warranty coverage and (b) if you are going to spend that much, you might as well buy a new one. And since PPS says MMRs are going to be produced as long as there is demand, it may take longer for HUO copies to sell without a significant discount.
I don't know if 25% is the right figure, but looking at recent WOZ sales, it may not be too far off. The higher the purchase price, the steeper the depreciation hit.

If a lot of the sales are based off of reputation (1000 sales would suggest that might be true) then there is likely to be 100 or more hit the used market pretty quickly. It will be interesting to see what the drop truly turns out to be. As long as the build and electronics are solid mine will not be leaving so I can enjoy the ride for the time being.

#4256 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also think MM is a just an OK game

Many think or have thought the same but it never effected the price.

Quoted from Whysnow:The remake also holds zero of the collector prestige like the original.

Thats why I believe that the price for the original will stay relatively put.

#4257 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

As long as the build and electronics are solid mine will not be leaving so I can enjoy the ride for the time being.

And that's all that really matters, right? What the resale prices will be aren't going to matter, so who cares if the hit is 10% or 25%?

#4258 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Many think or have thought the same but it never effected the price.

but before it also had collectibility. MMr has zero collectibility factor.

It will beinterestiung to see where it goes.

Obviously total number made will have a big effect. I also have been told 250 made, then Stern moves, then the rest get fit into production post move. I think this dealy will be frustrating to many and will also impact the oevrall game numbers originally sold. If PPS/CGC was smart they would have all 1000 LEs made before actually shipping a single one. For their business model they want to prevent people from second guessing this high end purchase and ride what little excitement is left on the delivery by dumping all 1000 LEs into owners hands at the same time.

#4259 9 years ago

I agree, but I think MMr WILL be collectable to a certain extent...It's still a MM pin.

#4260 9 years ago

Man I love the ignore button.

#4261 9 years ago

This thread should be renamed "Toolbox".

#4262 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree, but I think MMr WILL be collectable to a certain extent...It's still a MM pin.

only time will tell, but likely only the original will have collectibility. The remake will have desire for playing but not for collecting. Maybe 20 years from now, but more likely all our games will be near worthless in 20 years unless the pinball revolution currently happening can manage to bring in a new generation of teenagers to play.

#4263 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It's only collectible when you can't get it, once anyone can get the game it's just another game. It's not that great of a game. BTW I own a real one.

#4264 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This thread should be renamed "Toolbox".

I vote for "MMR: Stalkers and Speculators". They can't leave an update thread well enough alone.

#4265 9 years ago

Yes .. The flight left on time ... Over eastern Nevada ... Will be at stern with cgc later today at the mmr line .. Now colorado ... Now nebraska ... Now Iowa .... NOW Wisconsin/Illinois!!!! Daddy is almost home little mmr! (Or maybe I am godfather ...)

Looks like a little bit of the white stuff on the ground ...

AA46 for those who want to track my every movement

[email protected]

#4266 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes .. The flight left on time ... Over eastern Nevada ... Will be at stern with cgc later today at the mmr line ..
[email protected]

Very exciting

#4267 9 years ago

Why won't Rick say what the in-flight movie is???

#4268 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Call him and find out.

#4269 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still think many people ordered a MMr under the delusion that they were getting a 14k game for a deal at 8k. This remake will double (or more) the number of available MM out in the world in a very short amount of time.

Just so I understand your "double or more" math, you're saying there are only 1,000 MM out there right now (so that adding 1,000 LEs would double that)? I thought there were ~ 4,000 MM made originally, and while I'm sure some have been lost over the years it's hard to believe 3/4 of them were. Remember, we only expect with reasonable certainty that they're making the 1,000 LEs, they may or may not ever make any Standards. Just an uneducated guess, but I'd imagine MM supply being bumped at most 25% by the remake.

I highly doubt we'll quickly see MMr routinely selling for $6k, and if we do then great for me since I'd like to own one someday. But just consider that by wringing your hands about the possibility of people losing 25% when they drive their new pin off the lot, you're only dissuading others from buying NIB, which will result in lower production numbers, which could in turn result in ... higher prices for you when you're looking to buy a HUO a year or two down the road!

#4270 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I don't say as not doing so might create 100+ Posts from the conspiracy theorists here as to whether I really am or not flying out ... As well as if PPS/CGC caused the blizzard as an excuse for another delay ... Or not.

Also. The earth appears to be round from my vantage point.

Lol

#4271 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just so I understand your "double or more" math, you're saying there are only 1,000 MM out there right now (so that adding 1,000 LEs would double that)? I thought there were ~ 4,000 MM made originally, and while I'm sure some have been lost over the years it's hard to believe 3/4 of them were. Remember, we only expect with reasonable certainty that they're making the 1,000 LEs, they may or may not ever make any Standards. Just an uneducated guess, but I'd imagine MM supply being bumped at most 25% by the remake.
I highly doubt we'll quickly see MMr routinely selling for $6k, and if we do then great for me since I'd like to own one someday. But just consider that by wringing your hands about the possibility of people losing 25% when they drive their new pin off the lot, you're only dissuading others from buying NIB, which will result in lower production numbers, which could in turn result in ... higher prices for you when you're looking to buy a HUO a year or two down the road!

I think there are probably 500 nice condition MM, another 500 in fair condition, and another 1000 in players shape. 2000 in total.

I think Rick claims that 1000 MMrLe are already sold and the goal is 1000 more standards?

Even if only 1000 LE get made then the number of nice MMs will more than double and 1500 LE and nice originals is alot of games on the high end all at once.

I am not wringing my hands at MMr dropping in value and honestly have zero desire to ever own the game again. I would consider buying one to put on route if the numbers made sense but they likely won't for me and if I am buying big dollar for route then there are better options IMO.

I don't mean to disuade anyone from buying what makes them happy, but if they are concerned with value in combination with fun, then I hope they are paying attention or ready to see 2k evaporate.

#4272 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Posts from the conspiracy theorists here

Funny stuff. What conspiracies do you think there are? You are the only person in the entire thread referencing conspiracy theorists - what are they theorizing?

#4273 9 years ago

Quoted from westofrome:Why won't Rick say what the in-flight movie is???

ttbtsp.pngttbtsp.png

#4274 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think Rick claims that 1000 MMrLe are already sold and the goal is 1000 more standards?

That's a new one on me. If Rick said that at some point, I doubt it still holds (you probably also doubt it still holds, since I think I saw a post of yours once speculating that only 600 of the original 1,000 LE buyers were still on board).

Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't mean to disuade anyone from buying what makes them happy, but if they are concerned with value in combination with fun, then I hope they are paying attention or ready to see 2k evaporate.

Right, anyone buying any NIB game at this point needs to be prepared to lose a good chunk of money if they resell it. Buying NIB and expecting it to maintain or increase in value would be nuts in this market.

#4275 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Funny stuff. What conspiracies do you think there are? You are the only person in the entire thread referencing conspiracy theorists - what are they theorizing?

He is theorizing that you are a forum troll that is contributing nothing to this thread. You made your point, great. Now move on. You contribute absolutely nothing to this thread and certainly act like the moral police for every pinhead out there.

We heard you and we don't care what you have to say anymore!

Ignore on.....

#4276 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think there are probably 500 nice condition MM, another 500 in fair condition, and another 1000 in players shape. 2000 in total.

Way, way off base. So where did the other 2000 go?

Has anyone heard of, or known of anyone hearing of the parting out of a MM? Or the dumpstering of one for simply being worn out?

I can't imagine there being LESS than 3500 MMs currently. It was one of the first games to get lots of parts reprod, and with the consistent demand since 1998, only someone ignorant to its value would have parted/trashed one without trying to sell it as-is first. And every beater I ever saw did sell, often quickly.

#4277 9 years ago

Hey guys!
mmrTrolls.jpgmmrTrolls.jpg

#4278 9 years ago
#4279 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

overseas and never came back, fires, floods, tornadoes.

Time takes its toll and MANY MMs were beat and then dumped from operators that made theri money and wanted to make sure the dead to them machine did not become competition.

4400 originally produced.

50% overseas, but probably 10% came back?

Let's say 2640 even possible to be in the US. We are nearing 20 years since the game was made in 1997 which means plenty of time for sh!t to happen. It would not be unheard of to have 50 die in a year from standard wear/tear or disaster. I know of an operator in central IL that parted 2 of them to keep 1 running and then sometime around 2001 they trashed the last one. Literally would burn them in the fire pit on his country property since they were of no value to the business.

My estimate of 2000 was generous. Of those 2000, 670 are currently listed as owned by pinsiders with 825 dreamers. If so many people wanted them and there were still 4000+ of them around then more would be owners instead of wishers.

Math holds when looking at other titles and factoring in production numbers, perceived desire, and time that has lapsed.

Even 1000 MMrLE hitting the supply line are HUGE influx of MMs. Virtually all pent up demand should be fullfilled (a good thing for those that want the game), but that also will translate to a large supply available when anyone wants to sell in the future.

#4280 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

You contribute absolutely nothing to this thread

Wow - another person more worried about me than the updates or issues.

Technically, no one without an actual production update is contributing anything to this thread.

Quoted from dkazz1:

and certainly act like the moral police for every pinhead out there.

That's funny. Seems to me it's you and all the others insisting I not post here are the moral police.

It's pretty simple - if the problem gets fixed, I go away. If Rick answers the questions he said he would answer, I go away. If Rick stops treating anyone with an off script question as a hater or a loon, I go away.

#4281 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

There will always be more original MMs than MMRs, unless anyone really thinks they are going to pump out 3000 standards.

#4282 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Has anyone heard of, or known of anyone hearing of the parting out of a MM? Or the dumpstering of one for simply being worn out?
I can't imagine there being LESS than 3500 MMs currently. It was one of the first games to get lots of parts reprod, and with the consistent demand since 1998, only someone ignorant to its value would have parted/trashed one without trying to sell it as-is first. And every beater I ever saw did sell, often quickly.

Yep. This game has been in high demand pretty much from the moment it came out.

#4283 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's pretty simple - if the problem gets fixed, I go away. If Rick answers the questions he said he would answer, I go away. If Rick stops treating anyone with an off script question as a hater or a loon, I go away.

If we put you on Ignore...you go away...

#4284 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

also... have you noticed Rick hasn't said the word Predator in any of his updates in the last year?

ohhh whoops... wrong thread...

#4285 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

On Twitter he said it was WOZ.

#4286 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not only that, there were some that were built out of parts from the ground up in recent years. Probably like five, but still shows that this is not a game that was trashed out too frequently. I'll bet fires and floods account for about maybe 5% loss of the originals. Now if we were invaded and major US cities carpet bombed during the last 20 years, then I would bump that number up to a possible 50%.

#4287 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

overseas and never came back, fires, floods, tornadoes.

Time takes its toll and MANY MMs were beat and then dumped from operators that made theri money and wanted to make sure the dead to them machine did not become competition.

None of that makes sense. Overseas... who cares? Pinball is an international market.. any games competing with MM will sell to the same markets, so it doesn't matter where the games are.

Fires, tornados, floods.. have killed what, two known examples? (PAPA)

Do you have ANY real evidence to support that ridiculous claim of ops destroying MMs? That kind of stuff happened in the 60s, not the 00s. I mean, one dude in central IL (sounds pretty rural to me) does not mean all ops were that blind to market conditions.

Quoted from Whysnow:

My estimate of 2000 was generous. Of those 2000, 670 are currently listed as owned by pinsiders with 825 dreamers. If so many people wanted them and there were still 4000+ of them around then more would be owners instead of wishers.

I think the fact that 670 of 4400 happen to be listed here demonstrates even more the fact almost all 4400 still exist. This is a niche website and only a fraction of MM owners will post their games. My personal MM is not listed here and I know of a few others in town not represented as well.

#4288 9 years ago

Can't say what the rest of the market will do, but I can positively state my MMr will not drop in value at all.

#4289 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

In-flight-movie-gate!!!!

#4290 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

It's probably Predator.

#4291 9 years ago

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm the only person genuinely excited to devalue my pin by opening the box and playing it

#4292 9 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm the only person genuinely excited to devalue my pin by opening the box and playing it

not the only one. it's just that those of us who are excited to own and play the game are simply less likely to obsessively post about its resale value!

#4293 9 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

That's my favorite thing to do! Can't wait!

#4294 9 years ago

Only Pinsiders would speculate about devaluation of a game that has not even rolled off the line yet...

#4295 9 years ago

I figure by now the troll must have replied, here you go troll on........

PSY.jpgPSY.jpg
#4296 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Only Pinsiders would speculate about devaluation of a game that has not even rolled off the line yet...

And why wouldn't anyone that's potentially interested in a game not speculate on future value before purchasing? I do it when I buy a new car or any other expensive purchase. I know many people buy games and keep them forever but some people like myself buy games knowing we'll switch them out within a few years once we get tired of playing them. Only so much space and money that even many of my all time favorite pins have been sold over the years. Isn't it smart to try and make an educated guess of what you NIB pin will be worth when you sell it so that you can hopefully reduce the financial hit you'll take when selling it?

#4297 9 years ago

Enough BS about resale,I'm unboxing a brand new MM, not restored,not rebuilt,not routed ! Let's see some pics of the assembly and for the rest of you clowns with your nonsense negative imput find another thread to bash.

#4298 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Enough BS about resale,I'm unboxing a brand new MM, not restored,not rebuilt,not routed ! Let's see some pics of the assembly and for the rest of you clowns with your nonsense negative imput find another thread to bash.

Dude! But... But that's gonna ruin the value!!

Can you post some pictures before you do anything to it? It would be interesting to see what condition the rubbers are in, batteries (hopefully not leaking!), etc.

#4299 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Isn't it smart to try and make an educated guess of what you NIB pin will be worth when you sell it so that you can hopefully reduce the financial hit you'll take when selling it?

People forget the simplest thing about this game: Medieval Madness....in 2013, a "brand new quality" MM was $15k-20k. Now it's $8k with upgrades like shaker motor & uncompressed audio. For people who wanted a MM, that's a "reasonable" price, and they're happy with the opportunity to get the game for less than $10k.

End of story.

This isn't like a new Stern where you're buying it unsure about the game & code. MM is established...people know what they're getting, and they're getting it to play and enjoy - not to sell in a month.

#4300 9 years ago

Pretty sure he meant unboxing an MMR, not an original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.