image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 111.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#4152 9 years ago

f768767f113a286eefc8ba8c32276771f9a18ca60a1dd62291c87a6cf4af33fc.jpgf768767f113a286eefc8ba8c32276771f9a18ca60a1dd62291c87a6cf4af33fc.jpg
#4153 9 years ago
#4154 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... It's a little narcissistic to think that I spend all my time reading everything here and if I don't somehow I'm 'ignoring you' ... please - so if I do not answer of course there is some conspiracy. Many times these questions are taken out of context and turned into something they are not and sometimes intentionally.
Instead of being paranoid, especially if you are a customer, then you are already aware of how better to communicate - person to person and you can pick up the phone and call me. To date, the main hecklers are a) not customers, and b) not able to pick up the phone. So, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be beholden to anyone, and if customers have valid questions then you can call me and I most usually answer them. We do not discuss internal business arrangement, and never will, and we will answer customer questions as best we can answer them.
rick

I never felt that you ignored me. Some people have been critical with how you handle things and I'm not one of them and have never been.

Hopefully you didn't glance over my compliment above though, lol.

#4155 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... It's a little narcissistic to think that I spend all my time reading everything here and if I don't somehow I'm 'ignoring you' ... please - so if I do not answer of course there is some conspiracy.

Wow. You don't answer the obvious question and that's a problem with others thinking it's a conspiracy?

Quoted from PPS:

Many times these questions are taken out of context and turned into something they are not and sometimes intentionally.

No. That's just one of your favorite deflection techniques. Most of the time the questions and interest is genuine. You just don't want to answer them. When they are taken out of context, it's usually because your original response was vague or misleading and people are trying to get clarification.

Quoted from PPS:

Instead of being paranoid, especially if you are a customer, then you are already aware of how better to communicate - person to person and you can pick up the phone and call me.

As has been pointed out many times by many people, that is rarely a better way to communicate. It is another deflection technique to avoid answering questions. Before my MMR orders were cancelled, when I was a customer, you didn't answer my direct questions by email or phone. In fact, you told me you weren't going to answer them in spite of the fact that you were the one that raised the issue in the first place.

Quoted from PPS:

if customers have valid questions then you can call me and I most usually answer them.

Having to commit to an $8k game to get a question answered is a pretty steep price and is a slap in the face to anyone thinking about buying the game or a future title.

#4156 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I feel for you guys up in Canada with the whole currency conversion, though I guess that's more an issue with people who haven't paid up yet and folks with TBL still I have several friends up north (in other communities) and I know it's been irksome for them.

Well, i was a pre-order until very recently, when the dollar dropped. its now a $10,180 dollar pin. After taxes and shipping, it's a $12,000 pin. No thanks. So, I was pretty excited to receive this pin in June when it was promised, and when the canadian dollar was almost par. Thanks to this wait, it was going to cost me $2,000 more. I wasn't willing to pay for Ricks mistakes, nor was I willing to pay in full for a pin in June. A deposit for a promise for a pin was all I was willing to gamble. One canadian customer lost because of the wait. It's too bad too, because I really wanted this pin.

#4157 9 years ago

Lol yeah is all ricks fault . The Canadian valuation, taxes, my dog dying etc. all his fault sheesh!

#4158 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. You don't answer the obvious question and that's a problem with others thinking it's a conspiracy?

No. That's just one of your favorite deflection techniques. Most of the time the questions and interest is genuine. You just don't want to answer them. When they are taken out of context, it's usually because your original response was vague or misleading and people are trying to get clarification.

As has been pointed out many times by many people, that is rarely a better way to communicate. It is another deflection technique to avoid answering questions. Before my MMR orders were cancelled, when I was a customer, you didn't answer my direct questions by email or phone. In fact, you told me you weren't going to answer them in spite of the fact that you were the one that raised the issue in the first place.

Personally I think Rick is handling this very well, because if I was Rick I would kick your ass. Stop being such a downer.

#4160 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread needs a new hero.

Well, some people around here do always seem torked off.

#4161 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Well, some people around here do always seem torked off.

That's right, Peter.

#4162 9 years ago

Valuation of currency against the dollar does suck. I've had it happen before with wire transfers. I sent a rather large payment to a manufacturer in China (many manufacturers have their production in mainland China but are actually in Hong Kong) I used to always send my payments in U.S. dollars. One time my banker advices me to send it in foreign currency (the companies always send your bill in the doing currency with the equivalent in US dollars. He showed me wat the price would be and it looked like I'd save $1500 sending it in RHB, I filled out the paperwork and sent off the payment. 9 days later (on a Saturday) I got a email from the company that they recieved the funds but that it was sent in HK dollars which was trading considerably lower, the next Monday was a holiday, by the time I got in and sent the payment off I ended up having to pay $2550 to cover the exchange rate plus another $40 for a second wife transfer fee.

So I can feel your pain. For most of us a delayed game might be a annoyance but for you chaps it can actually be costly. Maybe the solution would be to convert the money into US dollars when your ready to purchase and then hold it until the games done. that way your hedged against a loss

#4163 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol yeah is all ricks fault . The Canadian valuation, taxes, my dog dying etc. all his fault sheesh!

They arent responsible for currencies... But basically 250% over schedule and late.... Thats no ones fault? The consequence is directly related to the delay... Which cgc/pps should take ownership of. When younset a deadline, you are responsible. Obviously they've learned their lesson and will move on

#4164 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Personally I think Rick is handling this very well

We obviously have a difference of opinion. But I guess I should be thankful - can't imagine how things would be if you thought Rick was handling this poorly.

Quoted from Shado1w:

because if I was Rick I would kick your ass.

That makes Rick the better man than you, doesn't it?

Quoted from Shado1w:

Stop being such a downer.

Everything in my post you quoted is supported by fact. If Rick is going to come back to Pinside attempting to lay all the issues on what he sees as a handful of haters filled with conspiracy theories that can't be bothered to call him, I'm going to call him out on it.

Go back and read his posts, both here and on his own forum. Remarkably, NOTHING is ever Rick's or PPS fault - every issue anyone has had was because of someone else. For him to continue to avoid the obvious indicates both incredible ego and arrogance.

Any project spokesman that can only handle "we think everything is perfect; we have no questions, comments or suggestions for improvement; It's OK my game is six months late" isn't going to be a very effective one. It's ironic that Rick said that PPS bragged communication about MMR was going to be more transparent than "the other companies" bringing new games to market (In reference to JJP). In hindsight, Jack has been far more transparent than Rick and is man enough to own his mistakes and missteps.

It will be interesting to see what some here think in a few months when they have their games and are no longer afraid their orderes will be canceled (yes, I have PMs from people that agree with me but are afraid Rick will cancel their games if they speak out).

#4165 9 years ago

Oh my god get a hobby, this has gone beyond annoying into frightening.

#4166 9 years ago

Why? Somebody say something??

#4167 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The consequence is directly related to the delay.

And had it gone the other way would folks send flowers. No, its sucks but outside factors change very day. Blaming PPS for that or the weather etc. is silly.

#4168 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

We obviously have a difference of opinion. But I guess I should be thankful - can't imagine how things would be if you thought Rick was handling this poorly.

That makes Rick the better man than you, doesn't it?

Everything in my post you quoted is supported by fact. If Rick is going to come back to Pinside attempting to lay all the issues on what he sees as a handful of haters filled with conspiracy theories that can't be bothered to call him, I'm going to call him out on it.
Go back and read his posts, both here and on his own forum. Remarkably, NOTHING is ever Rick's or PPS fault - every issue anyone has had was because of someone else. For him to continue to avoid the obvious indicates both incredible ego and arrogance.
Any project spokesman that can only handle "we think everything is perfect; we have no questions, comments or suggestions for improvement; It's OK my game is six months late" isn't going to be a very effective one. It's ironic that Rick said that PPS bragged communication about MMR was going to be more transparent than "the other companies" bringing new games to market (In reference to JJP). In hindsight, Jack has been far more transparent than Rick and is man enough to own his mistakes and missteps.
It will be interesting to see what some here think in a few months when they have their games and are no longer afraid their orderes will be canceled (yes, I have PMs from people that agree with me but are afraid Rick will cancel their games if they speak out).

Have you ever been in a room and there's this one guy who's voice is heard over everyone else's? Worse yet, he just talks and talks and talks? Kind of like the loud cell phone talker guy in a public place. You just want to tell him to shut the fuck up!! But you know if you do, he won't apologize. Even though he knows he's irritating people, he'll have some justification for the way he's acting.

You ever been there? I have.

#4169 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Laughing my arse off!

#4170 9 years ago

Thank god we can ignore posts here, saves a ton of aggregation

#4171 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Thank god we can ignore posts here, saves a ton of aggregation

+1

#4172 9 years ago

I'm just happy the game is going to be made. I played it at the PPS headquarters in Campbell california and it was amazing, and Rick was a spectacular host. He had a very fun tournament at his office and everyone had a blast.

#4173 9 years ago

Hey jfh do you want to go to sizzler and get some grub?

#4174 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who can guess what movie that quote is from?

#4175 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Who can guess what movie that quote is from?

Happy Gillmore.

LTG : )™

#4176 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

do you want to go to sizzler and get some grub?

Sorry, not hungry, Pal.

#4177 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Happy Gillmore.

Ding ding ding!!! Good job man.
Okay here's a harder one.
" how bout you sideburns"

#4178 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Billy Madison.

#4179 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Ding ding ding!!! Good job man.

Billy Madison. Seriously?? Have you never heard of Google. lol

#4180 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Billy Madison. Seriously?? Have you never heard of Google. lol

You mean you guys are cheating? LOL

#4181 9 years ago

Anything is better than hearing a JFH rant

#4182 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

You mean you guys are cheating?

Billy yes, Happy no.

Disclaimer : I have no idea why I remember the jerks line to Shooter.

#4183 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^
Because it was hilarious

#4184 9 years ago

"Yellow jacket green jacket who gives a shit"

#4185 9 years ago

"How bout you sideburns?" Got me thinking of this one...

"You know, some of us will never, ever find true love, like, take for instance... me. And I'm pretty sure that guy right over there. And the lady with the sideburns. And basically everybody at table nine. But the worst part of all is that me, fatty, sideburns lady, and the mutants over at table nine will never, ever find a way to better the situation, because... apparently we have nothing to offer the opposite sex."

#4186 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Billy yes, Happy no.
Disclaimer : I have no idea why I remember the jerks line to Shooter.

speaking of....

today i found out what my special purpose is for

#4187 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

today i found out what my special purpose is for

I'm glad Bernadette Peters was there for you.

#4188 9 years ago

"That Patty was a sweet girl"

#4189 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

But you know if you do, he won't apologize. Even though he knows he's irritating people, he'll have some justification for the way he's acting.

Yes, I have. Describes exactly the problem I have with Rick. Thank you for summing it up so well.

If Rick starts acting like you would expect the head of a prominent company to act, I'll fade away from these threads. Until then, you will most likely continue to be annoyed when I point out the truth about his actions and behavior.

That means I will continue to get thumbs downs and you will get thumbs ups from people that just can't acknowledge the truth and/or don't want to anger the PPS God who is apparently never wrong.

(Interesting how all the thumbs-uppers on your post are members of the "Rick can do no wrong, everything is great with MMR" club, no change is necessary" club.)

#4190 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That means I will continue to get thumbs downs and you will get thumbs ups from people that just can't acknowledge the truth and/or don't want to anger the PPS God who is apparently never wrong.

Nope, it means you're going on our ignore lists and won't get any thumbs at all. Happy? Goodbye.

Back on topic, really looking forward to seeing some video and first impressions!

#4191 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

it means you're going on our ignore lists and won't get any thumbs at all. Happy? Goodbye.

Perhaps. But it also means that you are going to bury your head in the sand and encourage Rick to continue with his approach. And that doesn't help anyone.

#4192 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Perhaps. But it also means that you are going to bury your head in the sand and encourage Rick to continue with his approach. And that doesn't help anyone.

BS. We buy games he makes games. No one wants delays but harping the whole way is not making it better. Both parties want them out as soon as possible.Regardless we will have them soon. The rest of this is just annoying.

#4193 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BS. We buy games he makes games. No one wants delays but harping the whole way is not making it better. Both parties want them out as soon as possible.Regardless we will have them soon. The rest of this is just annoying.

If you're happy with how he treats customers and potential customers, fine. I'm not.

My issues have never been about the delays, but about Rick's dismissive attitude toward those who have questions he considers off-script.

The delays are more amusing than anything else, since Rick portrayed himself as this project management guru who routinely discounted the issues that those of us with real world project management experience questioned, while trying to convince everyone reading that we were clueless.

#4194 9 years ago

You can have the same discussion on the pps forum about mmr, and there will be no annoying anything. I love pinside and participate as much as I can but oh those martyrs, but pinside does get really much better now that I have a couple people on ignore! I just wish the mods could see what it does to the overall pinside experience ...

rick

#4195 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you're happy with how he treats customers and potential customers, fine. I'm not.
My issues have never been about the delays, but about Rick's dismissive attitude toward those who have questions he considers off-script.
The delays are more amusing than anything else, since Rick portrayed himself as this project management guru who routinely discounted the issues that those of us with real world project management experience questioned, while trying to convince everyone reading that we were clueless.

Look, I have never been in on this and have no skin in this at all. I just enjoy reading the crazy rants people go off on. There is a simple way to solve this, don't buy his product. There is nothing on this planet that I have to have that badly that if a company is treating me shitty I'll still buy it.

Please tell me you are not getting an MMR after you feel SOOOOOO slighted. If you are, then you are the problem here.....rewarding the company with $$$$ after you feel wronged. If you are, stop acting like a 9 year old brat that has to have that shiny new Lego set even though it is $150 for some cheap plastic.

Edit: After reading this it sounds like I agree Rick is doing something wrong, I am not. I am speaking as though I am the customer and I feel wronged. I have no opinion either way.

#4196 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You can have the same discussion on the pps forum about mmr, and there will be no annoying anything. I love pinside and participate as much as I can but oh those martyrs, but pinside does get really much better now that I have a couple people on ignore! I just wish the mods could see what it does to the overall pinside experience ...
rick

There always be some people you can't make happy but there's a lot more you can

#4197 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Please tell me you are not getting an MMR after you feel SOOOOOO slighted.

He was fired as a customer : )

#4198 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

He was fired as a customer : )

gotcha..

#4199 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If Rick starts acting like you would expect the head of a prominent company to act, I'll fade away from these threads.

What other "head of a prominent company" responds to questions via online forum?

#4200 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Please tell me you are not getting an MMR after you feel SOOOOOO slighted. If you are, then you are the problem here.....rewarding the company with $$$$ after you feel wronged.

I'm not getting an MMR. Rick cancelled both my orders in August. In hindsight, he may have done me a favor.

I'm very interested in potential future titles - which is one of the reasons I have been a big MMR supporter - but it's unlikely I will be a buyer if Rick continues to treat anyone but a full-fledged cheerleader with disdain and contempt. I would love to have an AFMr or CCr or BBBr, but I'm certainly not going to reward anti-customer behavior with a purchase.

My NIB pinball money will most likely go to Spooky or JJP instead. (I'm on the fence about AMH since I haven't played it since Expo 13, but may buy the game just to show support for a company that is doing things the right way and clearly understands the value of treating customers and potential customers with respect).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.