image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 111.
#351 9 years ago

labnip . . . now THAT was some real work! You have to appreciate the effort you put into that!

#352 9 years ago

Rick seems like a good guy but I hate to tell everyone, he made it clear in the big thread that he last posted in (and then subsequently had shut down) that he would no longer be treating anyone to updates on the game progress. So all of us can plead in this thread, or even more hilariously, brown-nose him in the fanboy thread and it won't change this fact. When Rick needs something from the buyers (money, etc.) he will be back.

Frankly I think instead of worrying about the Sharpe video being posted folks should be asking more questions about what happened with the game that if failed testing. Game makers have been putting transformers in pinball machines since the 1930's and they are generally a robust component. The ones that were put in the original MM certainly have held up nicely.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

that he would no longer be treating anyone to updates on the game progress.

Keep an eye here : http://www.planetarypinball.com/2014/08/ Rick will be posting updates.

Quoted from viper001:

what happened with the game that if failed testing.

It didn't fail. UL approval wanted something changed to get UL approval. They could have gone forward as is or made the change. Last we heard they went for the change.

#354 9 years ago

I think he will update when there is something worth posting about on the pps web blog. I don't think a video with Roger playing qualifies as a update on production.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As every customer should try to do if things aren't right. I didn't start the requests to improve communications from PPS, I just summarized and became the name associated with the issue.
The current state of information has just shown that our initial concern was well founded - PPS is very selective with the questions they answer despite the implied promise of being open and forthcoming with "send me an email" or "call anytime" and that any reasonable question will be answered. I can tell you that was absolutely not true and was just marketing-speak (very common and not just a PPS issue).
There are very few instances where hundreds of customers put $1k down for a $8k product sight unseen on a hope and a prayer. Customers in that situation have every right to hold a company to a higher level of expectation when it comes to transparency and communication. JJP may finally understand that; I don't think PPS has figured out it out yet as they still treat any question they don't want to answer as a personal attack rather than a genuine area of interest or concern.

I hear what you are saying.

Where do you stand at this point? Are you in on the preorder now, but through another distributor?

#356 9 years ago

I love the fact that this thread is marked "resolved".

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

The fit should be identical, the finish has nothing to do with the "fun" of the gameplay at all. Do you think anyone ever played a game with stainless rails then the same game with PC rails and said "wow, these colored rails make the game play much more fun"?

No. Shaker, extra clearcoat, enhanced sound, LEDs will all make the "fit" of the "finished" game feel better.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Where do you stand at this point? Are you in on the preorder now, but through another distributor?

I am in the MMR fan club, though my preorder was cancelled. At this point, I will stick with my original MM and look forward to an AFMR.

Not sure I'll be able to attend Expo this year (and bummed about it), but hope someone will follow up during the PPS Q&A session and ask Rick the question he has so far refused to answer by forum/phone/email/PM.

At this point, I'm more interested why he has refused to answer than the answer itself ...

#359 9 years ago

Hey JFH, what is the question Rick refuses to answer? I don't keep up with the forums all the time, so just asking for some clarification.

#360 9 years ago

I'm curious too.

#361 9 years ago

Not denying, genuinely asking. When you called him up over the phone, what is the question he refused to answer? Up until now, nobody has said they were refused information when they called him up.

forum/email/PM's have gone unanswered, mine included.

Quoted from jfh:

and ask Rick the question he has so far refused to answer by forum/phone/email/PM.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am in the MMR fan club, though my preorder was cancelled. At this point, I will stick with my original MM and look forward to an AFMR.
Not sure I'll be able to attend Expo this year (and bummed about it), but hope someone will follow up during the PPS Q&A session and ask Rick the question he has so far refused to answer by forum/phone/email/PM.
At this point, I'm more interested why he has refused to answer than the answer itself ...

We're exactly opposite. I'm in on MMR, but own AFM.

Actually hoping to attend my first Expo this year, but not sure I'll be able to pull it off.

Yep, seems like we all would like to know what your question is.

#363 9 years ago

C'mon seriously. Is the question as silly as "why won't you answer questions"?

#364 9 years ago
#365 9 years ago

We are waiting on the video as all of you are. I have seen the first version and so can attest that it exists, they were makeing some edits on it to show some more of the features. Chicago Gaming is producing it, and the date that I was given for it is obviously not being met, I wish it was, but it's not. As soon as it appears from them we will post it.

rick

#366 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Rick.

#367 9 years ago

Is the october ship date still on target or have there been any further delays?

#368 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Rick! Video of what exactly the game going on the production line ? Or features of the game ? I would love a video of it on the line going through its course, I really dig watching the how it's made show.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Thanks for the update Rick! Video of what exactly the game going on the production line ? Or features of the game ? I would love a video of it on the line going through its course, I really dig watching the how it's made show.

This is a video of the game, with Roger Sharpe waxing eloquently, etc.

Rick

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Hey JFH, what is the question Rick refuses to answer? I don't keep up with the forums all the time, so just asking for some clarification.

The main one had to do with a suggestion someone else made when Rick announced that coin mechs were not going to be included. I had asked why that was never answered after Rick feigned ignorance after someone commented about missing parts (the coin mechs), and then followed up with a direct question regarding that suggestion.

Here is an excerpt from one of my emails:
2) if you believe the number of people upset/impacted by the decision not to ship mechs is that small, why not just send those people the proper mechs at no additional charge? Presumably the cost involved would still be less than the amount built into the game price if your numbers/estimates are correct.

(The official position on coin mechs is that PPS will offer them at a discount to those who want them. That upsets those that believed mechs would be part of the delivered game since they were part of the original MM)

#371 9 years ago

Hows production going?

#372 9 years ago

Are we back to the coin-mechs again?

I'm over it.

Already have 2 shiny new ones to go in my MMR

Go PPS......GO

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Are we back to the coin-mechs again?

No. There was an entire thread on that (and communication issues) that I started and closed. I was just answering a question posted here for someone who had not followed the whole thing.

As I said earlier in this thread - for me, it's not so much the actual answer to the question any more as it is why the question was repeatedly ignored and never answered (to me or by a number of others who asked variations of the same question).

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Hows production going?

Already asked that...no reply

#375 9 years ago

Interesting that there is no mention of MMR off the home page. You would think that if CGC was reproducing one of the most popular and top earning pins of all time they would want their customer base to see that.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting that there is no mention of MMR off the home page. You would think that if CGC was reproducing one of the most popular and top earning pins of all time they would want their customer base to see that.

Getting pretty sick of your "I'm a big fan but every comment I make is negative" routine.

#377 9 years ago

Hey Rick- thanks for the update. We all look forward to hearing from you. PEZ you need to take a chill pill. Everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion on things without having to worry about people getting all upset about it. For Example, one persons concern about the trim colors is just as valid as another's concern about the coin mechs. After all, it's only pinball!

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is a video of the game, with Roger Sharpe waxing eloquently, etc.
Rick

Probably the best waxing I've ever seen is Ralph Macchio aka Daniel LaRusso from Karate Kid.
Wax ON Wax OffWax ON Wax Off

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Probably the best waxing I've ever seen is Ralph Macchio aka Daniel LaRusso from Karate Kid.
Wax ON Wax Off

6259569.jpg 28 KB

He didn't say what he was waxing.... so viewer beware.

#380 9 years ago
#381 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Karate Kid's sanding.
Now that's waxing!

Good call! changed the pic!

#382 9 years ago

I too am sick of reading jfh's critical posts masqueraded as though they are constructive to the discussion. They are not. In my opinion it's jfh that pushed Rick to the point where he refuses to to be involved here as much as he used to be and I don't blame him. Jfh you have provided zero value to the MMR threads. We were better off without you then and now.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I too am sick of reading jfh's critical posts masqueraded as though they are constructive to the discussion. They are not. In my opinion it's jfh that pushed Rick to the point where he refuses to to be involved here as much as he used to be and I don't blame him. Jfh you have provided zero value to the MMR threads. We were better off without you then and now.

you sir are a lemming....

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I was trying to let go of the past with JFH thinking maybe he's not so bad. Then he just posted the above comment about CGC. I feel if you are not in on the preorder you don't have the right to your own opinion on MMR on this forum. Send your comments directly to PPS and MOVE ALONG!

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Getting pretty sick of your "I'm a big fan but every comment I make is negative" routine.

Then take a couple of aspirin and read my posts on MMR and PPS that don't involve the communication issue. Not sure why you think every issue has to be binary - I can support the product and intent without having to agree with how communications are handled, which is exactly my position.

I have been a strong supporter of PPS since day 1 and almost certainly responsible for at least seven sales, possibly a couple more and I have a personal interest in seeing MMR being a great success.

PPS has done more than remake the game - they have re engineered it on an entirely new platform, and mostly for the better. Some purists may not like everything, but I think it's terrific (and you'll notice I own a pretty pristine original but have never been in the bitch-and-moan-oh-my-game-is-now-worth-less-because-of-MMR camp).

(In your profanity-laden PMs to me, you indicated you didn't want to read my opinions or have any sort of communication with me, so why are you commenting here?)

Quoted from hardware:

posted the above comment about CGC. I feel if you are not in on the preorder you don't have the right to your own opinion on MMR on this forum. Send your comments directly to PPS and MOVE ALONG!

Not sure why you think the CGC comment has any negative connotation. I had never thought to check their web page before and find it odd that there is no reference what so ever to a product they apparently own that will have a pretty significant part of pinball history.

As for your comment that one can't have an opinion on MMR without having an active order, I don't know if that is more funny, ignorant or sad. If you have a problem with my comments, put me on ignore.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No. Shaker, extra clearcoat, enhanced sound, LEDs will all make the "fit" of the "finished" game feel better.

Has anyone else noticed that there have been 2 new adjustments added to the Configuration screen? What do you suppose a "Popper" is? Is that the pop bumpers or would that be like the moat eject or damsel up kick mechanisms?

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then take a couple of aspirin and read my posts on MMR and PPS that don't involve the communication issue. Not sure why you think every issue has to be binary - I can support the product and intent without having to agree with how communications are handled, which is exactly my position.
I have been a strong supporter of PPS since day 1 and almost certainly responsible for at least seven sales, possibly a couple more and I have a personal interest in seeing MMR being a great success.
PPS has done more than remake the game - they have re engineered it on an entirely new platform, and mostly for the better. Some purists may not like everything, but I think it's terrific (and you'll notice I own a pretty pristine original but have never been in the bitch-and-moan-oh-my-game-is-now-worth-less-because-of-MMR camp).
(In your profanity-laden PMs to me, you indicated you didn't want to read my opinions or have any sort of communication with me, so why are you commenting here?)

Not sure why you think the CGC comment has any negative connotation. I had never thought to check their web page before and find it odd that there is no reference what so ever to a product they apparently own that will have a pretty significant part of pinball history.
As for your comment that one can't have an opinion on MMR without having an active order, I don't know if that is more funny, ignorant or sad. If you have a problem with my comments, put me on ignore.

In reality everyone has their right to their opinion.

When I backed out of the WOZ preorder I moved along and wished them well. I had no reason to continue posting questionable comments in their thread.

I do like to hear from every point of view but your suggestion is a good one. I'm going to ignore you.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

When I backed out of the WOZ preorder I moved along and wished them well. I had no reason to continue posting questionable comments in their thread.

I do like to hear from every point of view but your suggestion is a good one. I'm going to ignore you.

Non buyers can have input. But its different when one person just keeps harping and harping. Point made then move on. Otherwise its just being annoying. And yes if have money on it you have earned the right to bitch a bit more.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

your position is not what I have a problem with. it's your disingenuous pretending that you don't have beef with Rick. you guys had a bit of a private tussle which ended badly and you are (justifiably, by the way) holding a bit of a grudge. I happen to think you have a point regarding that interaction, but you post on here as if you're just a casual objective observer when you are actually in these threads to needle.

Quoted from jfh:

As for your comment that one can't have an opinion on MMR without having an active order, I don't know if that is more funny, ignorant or sad.

I never said any such thing. Everyone has an opinion and a point of view. just be honest about where you're coming from instead of feigning like you're not intentionally stirring the pot.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

your position is not what I have a problem with. it's your disingenuous pretending that you don't have beef with Rick.

Point taken, but I think I have been very upfront about not liking how Rick has handled communication. That is really the only "beef" I have with Rick. He has been easy to deal with on issues that have nothing to do with MMR questions.

Stirring the pot? Perhaps. But if people who feel strongly about an issue allow it to die, positive change rarely happens. (If you follow politics or corporate America, always be wary of late Friday afternoon press releases).

I was involved in politics long enough to know that the way Rick has handled this issue almost certainly means being quiet about it causes less negative reaction than than what the real answer would generate, so I can't blame him for taking the position he has.

(I corrected the original post to clarify the "no opinion" comment was made by someone else. Sorry for the poor initial wording on my part)

#391 9 years ago

Why don't we continue this discussion in the fanclub thread? Rick will know to post over there.

#392 9 years ago

A update to MMR was just posted on Planetary Pinball website.
No video yet but an update is nice,

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from Konajack:

A update to MMR was just posted on Planetary Pinball website.

Where?

#396 9 years ago

Rick-
That is great news, thank you. Are we still on track for mid october ship date?.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Rick-
That is great news, thank you. Are we still on track for mid october ship date?.

I think not. If I read it correctly, still waiting on UL testing.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I think not. If I read it correctly, still waiting on UL testing.

and why would you think not. it is early sept. yes, we are still shooting for Oct ship date.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

and why would you think not. it is early sept. yes, we are still shooting for Oct ship date.

Can you guys build all the machines and stick the transformer in last?

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

So does that mean games will be at Expo to try out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.