image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 111.
#3851 9 years ago

I'm hoping it's AFM if so I'm ready for deposit now

#3852 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC is already in development on the next game as these are people who are no longer needed (design, mechanical, etc), game code is running on the new CGC platform as well which did not take much to do ... of course we will not be updating on this much until it is very close to getting ready to run ...
rick

image-198.jpgimage-198.jpg

#3853 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I'm hoping it's AFM if so I'm ready for deposit now

AFM for 8k? You can get a mint one for that right now.

#3854 9 years ago

Terrific news Rick. Congratulations!

(And kudos for cross posting the update everyone has been waiting for here. Hope you will be back on Pinside on a more regular basis).

#3855 9 years ago

Something to be excited about! Now if the economy would smarten up and bring the CAD back to par I'd be a lot happier!

#3856 9 years ago

holy shamoley. it's happening.

#3857 9 years ago

They are on the assembly line. Congrats for those waiting.

#3858 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC is already in development on the next game as these are people who are no longer needed (design, mechanical, etc), game code is running on the new CGC platform as well which did not take much to do ... of course we will not be updating on this much until it is very close to getting ready to run ...
rick

Somebody in Chicago should take Doug out to celebrate the start of production on MM and get him drunk enough to spill the beans on game #2

#3859 9 years ago

I was convinced that Stern would wait until they moved to the new building to start production.
Very glad for buyers to see that I was wrong. Happy to be wrong for once!

#3860 9 years ago

Any MMr buyers in NYC metro area?

#3861 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Somebody in Chicago should take Doug out to celebrate the start of production on MM and get him drunk enough to spill the beans on game #2

I can save you the big bar tab...

It is AFM.

#3862 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Any MMr buyers in NYC metro area?

Pretty sure Al is getting one so probably it will be at Modern.Soon as Im set up in the new crib you can come over and play mine.

Congrats to all the pre orderers on this one!!!!Great news!!!!

#3863 9 years ago

image-534.jpgimage-534.jpg

#3864 9 years ago

I have one coming TFA. Welcome to swing by. We met at your place a few summers ago when we had the NJ pinsider meet up. I had brought the hot wings and pellegrino.

#3865 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

which is why most major suppliers do not post here anymore ;-(

yeah is it that or is it due to "most suppliers" missing due date after due date? Either way Rick congrats on getting MMr going down the line! I am not in on MMr but certainly want to see this come to fruition as well as any other remakes!

#3866 9 years ago

Trust me it's due to the comments after suppliers post. I've seen it happen on other forums as well. But that is the internet. You can't have a place with open dialog without welcoming the good and the bad

#3867 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Any MMr buyers in NYC metro area?</
Yes I Bought 2 and 1 will be routed at my fathers bar and the other will be in my man cave between MB and SS can't wait, I never in my wildest pinball dream could have imagined unboxing a NIB MM, Unbeleivable THNKS RICK and PPS

#3868 9 years ago

I heard its going too be MB for the next game

#3869 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can save you the big bar tab...
It is AFM.

Quoted from Williampinball:

This is the problem.

#3870 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the problem.

ok, then how about this.

It will be MB AFM CC or BBB remake.

Those are the only games that are even possibilities.

AFM has the cheapest BOM and easiest to make (most part already done and few parts) so labor costs also cheaper so it is the best shot.
Remake opportunties are VERY limited unless the price can come down to sub 5k and compete with other makers on entry level market.

#3871 9 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a dual announcement. then again not sure if they'd want to split their potential sales pool. The ad's we saw strongly point to both though

#3872 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Terrific news Rick. Congratulations!
(And kudos for cross posting the update everyone has been waiting for here. Hope you will be back on Pinside on a more regular basis).

Thumbs downing this post? Really? Incredibly sad that some people can be so incredibly bitter, childish and downright hateful.

#3873 9 years ago

I don't really care what's next, as long as they keep pushing machines into the market.

EDIT: Can you guys chill with the ridiculous shit? It's getting annoying to watch you guys act like little kids.

#3874 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

AFM has the cheapest BOM and easiest to make (most part already done and few parts) so labor costs also cheaper so it is the best shot.
Remake opportunties are VERY limited unless the price can come down to sub 5k and compete with other makers on entry level market.

Agree on all points, especially the price point. The market isn't going to support $8k remakes any more, with the possible exception of Big Bang. I used to think AFM was second. A comment Rick made to me a while back makes me think MB might be. But it's obviously way too early.

Let's give PPS/CG time to celebrate (and get MMR out the door) for now.

#3875 9 years ago

A while ago I heard that PPS got a shipment of a crapful of AFM parts. Don't know if that means anything....

#3876 9 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Sweet, do us buyers of MMr get first dibs on the second game??

#3877 9 years ago

We get crapfuls of parts for all games, MB, CCC, AFM, TZ, TOM, etc ... almost anything we have to buy as parts supply is a crapful ... lol

#3878 9 years ago

I feel for Rick and those involved on the production of these. You just inow they have cool shit they want to share but are hampered by the delays. Most companies announce the next release info during the first items delivery. The wave of success and goodwill carry many customers into repurchasing and usually successfully nan some of the fence sitters. So long production delays are equally frustrating to the folks behind the scenes as well.

Glad to see this nearing the end and hopefully this will allow them to smooth out any issues that have shown themselves with this release. Also this might allow for people to know better what to expect in the process for following games released (there's always going to be issues)

#3879 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We get crapfuls of parts for all games, MB, CCC, AFM, TZ, TOM, etc ... almost anything we have to buy as parts supply is a crapful ... lol

I'd kinda like to see a ton of pinball machine parts all laid out. In this day and age it's nice to know that pinball is so strongly supported that there's companies making so many items and being sold in such supply

#3880 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I would be in on a new TOM LE Just sayin

#3881 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CCC... I know that was a typo but man that would be great! One of the rarest BW games with updated rules, NIB!

#3882 9 years ago

I think asking MMR buyers what they want next is a better idea ! CCC with updated software and chrome

#3883 9 years ago

CCR !

#3884 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, then how about this.

Here is one possible way to make it so PPS can increase the price on the future remake games...

Make it a limited run.

If they announce MBr, but limit it to 500 units, then they can charge more than if they announce the same thing unlimited. Collectors will be more willing to spend more money if it is limited.

#3886 9 years ago

CCC = Yes
BBB = Yes
AFM = No Thanks!

#3887 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here is one possible way to make it so PPS can increase the price on the future remake games...
Make it a limited run.
If they announce MBr, but limit it to 500 units, then they can charge more than if they announce the same thing unlimited. Collectors will be more willing to spend more money if it is limited.

i dont understand why limiting the run is so important to people with these remakes. Stern and JJP don't limit their runs.

#3888 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

that's because anything said is twisted and turned into side stories ... which is why most major suppliers do not post here anymore ;-(
more updates as much as we can will be on the PPS forum.
thanks,
rick

If you as a "manufacturer" could put out realistic expectations from the start, and then be honest along the way, no one would have to twist. Seriously, you were WAY off base from the start. Underpromise and overdeliver, otherwise prepare to be criticized.
Short sighted not to post here.

#3889 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thumbs downing this post? Really? Incredibly sad that some people can be so incredibly bitter, childish and downright hateful.

You really need to grow some thicker skin dude. The thumbs down probably was because you've been the biggest jackwagon in this thread and then you turn cheerleader.....kind of a Richard move......

It's not our place to know every damn detail of every machine being made. The manufacturer does have some right to keep stuff private.

I don't care who is making new pinball machines, I'm just happy they are being made! Stern, PPS, JJP, DP whoever.....keep making em!

#3890 9 years ago

What does the collector plaque on the apron look like? I already ordered the Pingraffix apron, I thought the plaque would be on the cabinet.

#3891 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

that's because anything said is twisted and turned into side stories ... which is why most major suppliers do not post here anymore ;-(

more updates as much as we can will be on the PPS forum.

thanks,
rick

Why do you criticize this forum, the major customer base of your MMR and other parts? Do you think that it's OK to sell your wares here and then snipe at your customers. I, for one, will try to gather my parts from other suppliers who appreciate my business. You should learn some manners and have some respect for you customers.

#3892 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

What does the collector plaque on the apron look like? I already ordered the Pingraffix apron, I thought the plaque would be on the cabinet.

+1, I was thinking since the Pingraffix apron was licensed they would work together on this one.

#3893 9 years ago

I already have the Pingraffix one as well! Was hoping the plaque was on the cabinet...now what to do!

#3894 9 years ago

Pingrafix apron looks awesome. The apron with plaque will go in the closet.

#3895 9 years ago

Never was able to find the attraction to AFM

#3896 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

The thumbs down probably was because you've been the biggest jackwagon in this thread and then you turn cheerleader.....kind of a Richard move......

Giving credit where credit is due hardly makes me a cheerleader. I've been the biggest critic of Rick's communications since coinmechgate - it would be pretty hypocritical of me to not acknowledge and applaud the post he made.

And Rick and CG deserve sincere thanks for getting to this point. Whatever your stance may be on MMR, this is a good thing for pinball. Which should be why we are all here.

The thumbs system is to show agreement/disagreement with the content of a post - not a mechanism for measuring "jackwagon" levels, yet there are a few that want to use it that way. That's what I think is childish. As for thick skin, I think I've shown I don't run away from confrontation or tough questions and have rolled well with the personal attacks. In my life experience, I've found that when I am attacked, it's most often by people that can't deal with their issues or the substance of mine.

#3897 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pingrafix apron looks awesome.

dude make sure its set up/works on MMr and not just MM.

#3898 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

.kind of a Richard move

Was it?I can't even tell anymore.....

#3899 9 years ago

I will , worst case the plaque stays on.

#3900 9 years ago

It will fit both games as the playfields are the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.