image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 111.
#3751 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

That's their issue. I paid less than the $8K for my MM and AFM together. So it was before you would think it was an investment. But I hear people hating on current owners and laughing. From day one of the announcement when they were taking orders there were people saying how happy they were that "rich people" were losing money. If you paid $13K as an investment that's your problem, I don't feel sorry for you but I'm not happy for your loss either.
That's the kind of loser that had too much handed to him without working. Rather than striving to do better for themselves (takes work) they want to see others brought down. To me if you can afford $8K for a game you are doing pretty darn well. I never paid near that for "any" game. So this is probably the kind of person who can't afford either original or remake and just want's to see others do bad. Next year they will be happy if MMr loses value and make fun of those people also. Pathetic.

True. Very true. I feel horrible for anyone who spent heavy dough on a pin to lose some value due to poor timing. 5 grand+ is a lot of money for ANYONE. I know a guy who makes millions a year still nitpick over these kinds of losses. His words: rich is relative to making it AND spending it, but on your terms. You make it to spend it, you hold it to save it, you save it to reinvest it, you reinvest it to make it. Otherwise it's gone.

#3752 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True. Very true. I feel horrible for anyone who spent heavy dough on a pin to lose some value due to poor timing. 5 grand+ is a lot of money for ANYONE

Yeah, but buy anything that is 500% the value of the majority of the market and you know it's absolute swings will be far greater than the middle of the market and more risky. The farther you are from the core, the bigger the swings. That is part of the price of admission if you want to play with these extreme cases and no one should be lashing out at others simply because they didn't know what they were getting into.

#3753 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, but buy anything that is 500% the value of the majority of the market and you know it's absolute swings will be far greater than the middle of the market and more risky. The farther you are from the core, the bigger the swings. That is part of the price of admission if you want to play with these extreme cases and no one should be lashing out at others simply because they didn't know what they were getting into.

No argument here. The folks that have will always have to deal with the folks that don't.

Easier to bash on the net than work to earn a place at the table I guess.

#3754 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think you'd be surprised how many people don't care what you or anyone else paid. The only thing that matters is what they cost on the day someone is ready to part with their hard earned $

Sorry that you missed out on the good prices back in the day

#3755 9 years ago

I think its a lot easier to "level" the play field.the price is 8500 bucks.New,old,repro,modded,what you paid,what I paid,what she paid.Erroneous.
8500 bucks.Its either worth it to you or not.

#3756 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Please don't rub it in!

#3757 9 years ago

I figured I'd find something useful in the last 500 posts in-between the bickering, but I'll admit, I was wrong.

#3759 9 years ago

It's like I tell everyone that invests in the stockmarket. It's not a loss or profit until you sell. Everything else is imaginary gains and losses.

#3760 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Please don't rub it in!

Yer, that was a bit rough (edited my post)

But anyone that has been in this hobby for over 10 years knows what I mean

#3761 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From Rick's update today:
"CGC and Stern are in the driver's seat in terms of primary communication of the line status, etc. We are requesting updates and pictures that they will post and I will talk with them tomorrow and see what they can provide - but I think they are focused on getting the line started and not so much on communication (which upsets people), but the game is poised to start."
"not all the 1000 MMRLE's will be built at the old factory, this has never been an issue or frankly as a concern as there will be no space limitations at the new factory vs the current factory which will be a good thing."
--------
I read "poised to start" as "hasn't started yet" and Rick requesting updates and pictures as we should see pictures from the production line.
(Gotta give Rick credit for trying to spin the delay of building some of the games at the new factory as a good thing)

I think I need to teach you how to read a forum. You are posting random words from Rick and presenting it as an official "update".

Bud you have to go to the MMR Updates (READ ONLY) section of the PPS site to see updates and you'll note the most recent update was from January 21st.

I do understand that you love MMR and you want to keep everyone apprised of the situation, but telling everyone that CGC and Stern are in the drivers seat is just old news. It's weeks old. OR...

Maybe that's your plan all along? Trying to make PPS/CGC look worse by presenting random words as an official update so the people on this site who are not on the PPS site can simply think worse of them.

I personally think that's your agenda here and I hope most people on here don't trust your words.

#3762 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I think I need to teach you how to read a forum. You are posting random words from Rick and presenting it as an official "update".

Sorry, I'm not the one that needs reading lessons. What I quoted was directly from Rick's post on his forum early today. Certainly not random words.

Go read Rick's post in "Production of Games", post #41 from 12:35:51 today. Or, better yet, have someone read it to you, since you seem to have so much difficulty with what you perceive to be random words.

#3763 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Trying to make PPS/CGC look worse

There is nothing I or anyone else could do to make them look worse.

#3764 9 years ago

How can you not see how you look posting in this thread daily, hourly by the minute. Its freaking bizarre man!

#3765 9 years ago

Just wanted to say I do not find it bizarre. I find it somewhat comical.

It is also a nice offset to all the love for what I think is likely one of the worse things for the greater good of our hobby in the long run. IMO MMr is shaping up to be a poor remake based off a huge money grab combined with overhype of people that bought in without fully realizing the long term implecations. Add in the constant insecurity of collectibility for a hobby that has largely grown and seen new positives from the collectible stability prior to MMr (I know we all like to play, but sure was nice when you could play AND have some faith that you could trade up and try new titles with little finacial burden/risk)>> all the insinuation that PPS will remake #2 or #3 is laughable even more since they cant even get #1 out the door with half way decent management and communication in a reasonable timeline. I find is almost sad how all the blame shifting is now happening and CGC is the one stuck holding the hot potatoe.

The poor mismanagement of this project is something to be looked at as an example of what not to do.

Other companies have had bad communication, but this one has flat out lied and spun so much it is crazy. I like that there are guys like jfh to keep bringing the hammer down and calling PPS to the table constantly for their shady practices. They have been holding and investing literally millions of pinhead dollars for the past year and this is how they treat you...

They sucked the air out of the ballon with promises of delivering the greatest game ever made, they avoided all the normal logistics of developing a game from scratch and still can't manage to do the other parts correctly.

If I were in for MMr I would be thankful that people like jfh are unrelenting in keeping the fire stoked. If it was not for someone like him at least trying to keep PPS more honest I can only imagine how thing swould slip further.

JMHO

#3766 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They have been holding and investing literally millions of pinhead dollars for the past year and this is how they treat you...

except its the distro's holding anything more than the deposit, not PPS.

#3767 9 years ago

Ok so he is not getting one and you are glad he is carrying the torch and you are not getting one.
maybe he can go over and help the Predator owners as well...
Nothing wrong with a few jabs as they are earned as each week goes by but living every minute for a project you are not in on is odd.
It's probably going to be a little sad once there is nothing to get up for every day.

#3768 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Maybe that's your plan all along? Trying to make PPS/CGC look worse by presenting random words as an official update

Just referring to somebody's post on a blog as "random words" loses you any argument.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok so he is not getting one and you are glad he is carrying the torch and you are not getting one.maybe he can go over and help the Predator owners as well...Nothing wrong with a few jabs as they are earned as each week goes by but living every minute for a project you are not in on is odd.It's probably going to be a little sad once there is nothing to get up for every day.

There are a lot of people without money in on the project who are interested in how it is delivered. It's strange that you would consider having money down on a deposit the only justification for expressing an opinion. I, for example, would probably have money in on the project if it was handled better, the canadian dollar was better, the price point was better, the marketing was better, communication was better, or all kinds of other factors. All of which I can complain about publicly even if I don't have a machine paid for at the moment.

#3769 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

There are a lot of people without money in on the project who are interested in how it is delivered. It's strange that you would consider having money down on a deposit the only justification for expressing an opinion.

Jesus fn christ again!! Not wtf I am saying. Posting is one thing. being the most active member another. In this case two guys not involved carrying a torch is funny.
But my point on person A is this is more than an interest its an obsession.

You must have missed this part eh?

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Nothing wrong with a few jabs as they are earned as each week

#3770 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Jesus fn christ again!! Not wtf I am saying. Posting is one thing. being the most active member another. In this case two guys not involved carrying a torch is funny.

He's made about 250 posts on the topic in this thread alone, far more than any other poster, MMR buyer or not. I'm an MMR buyer and probably one of if not the most vocal (other) poster on here and I've only managed about 120 posts.

#3771 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

He's made about 250 posts on the topic in this thread alone, far more than any other poster, MMR buyer or not. I'm an MMR buyer and probably one of if not the most vocal (other) poster on here and I've only managed about 120 posts.

Glad somebody is counting. Continue watching and try to keep us, um, posted.

#3772 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

225 to be exact...just type the name in the top right and it will only show posts by that user. Count is at the bottom.

#3773 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I've only managed about 120 posts.

Slacker.

It seems the obsessive ones are those who feel it's necessary to comment on or thumbs down every post I make. Since most of the time that obscures whatever MMR update (or lack of same) is involved, it's quite understandable.

Look at today - no discussion on the post Rick made this morning. One Pinsider going so far as to claim it wasn't an update. If I were still in on MMR, I'd be a little pissed to find out my game might not be ready until after the Stern move. Instead, those that apparently have no problem with how PPS and CG are managing this project and communications about it would rather assign nefarious motives to me.

#3774 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for proving my point... TFA you don't disappoint!

You, sir, are the busy body. You react to a comment that wasn't even directed towards you. Moreover, you react with this ridiculous outrage defending Pinside (as if it needs it) against my personal opinion that I don't want to spend more than around $5,600 for a used MM. Which is what, about 1/2 of what you paid?

I see you commented on your purchase. Which my original post basically acknowledged as completely acceptable...not that anyone here needs my approval or anyone else's.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade: removed the snarky - but reaaaalllly funny - comment.

#3775 9 years ago

#3776 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So am I. But I don't live in the past, I live in the now.

#3777 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Please watch your language! I can deal with a lot of different language on this forum, but that is VERY OFFENSIVE! Not just to me but I'm sure many others on here.

#3778 9 years ago

This is boring!

#3779 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

WHOA! WHOA! First off, Greg is posting tons of constructive info on TRon VE thread, the TFA makes a point of view we can all agree with? ( except TEEK)...

image-326.jpg 42 KB

Today I am the blind squirrel.

#3780 9 years ago

I personally have no issue with his posting. He is staying in the rules of this forum and giving his opinion. I can't say I agree with much of any of his statements but appreciate his gumption . This is a forum about pinball. We all have the ability to express our concerns .

#3781 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Today I am the blind squirrel.

Remember even a blind squirrel sometimes gets a nut

th-718.jpegth-718.jpeg
#3782 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I personally have no issue with his posting. He is staying in the rules of this forum and giving his opinion. I can't say I agree with much of any of his statements but appreciate his gumption . This is a forum about pinball. We all have the ability to express our concerns .

That's fine I disagree. I just asked him to watch his language. He can do it or not that's his choice. We can talk pinball all day, and you can use language talking about a bunch of things including me if you want, but when you use language against my God, that REALLY BOTHERS ME. But everybody is free to say what they want, but please consider others.

#3783 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Please watch your language! I can deal with a lot of different language on this forum, but that is VERY OFFENSIVE! Not just to me but I'm sure many others on here.

Why would anyone thumbs down this? Seriously?

#3784 9 years ago

I'm Charlie Hebdo!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3785 9 years ago

Let's get back to pinball. I'm off my soapbox.

#3786 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Quoted from Pimp77:

225 to be exact...just type the name in the top right and it will only show posts by that user. Count is at the bottom.

Gimme a break, I estimated, and was pretty close!

#3787 9 years ago

This thread has even less updates than iceman's jpop update thread

#3788 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

but when you use language against my God,

I'm sorry. Did I miss something in one of the 200+ posts?

#3789 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Jesus, man! PAY ATTENTION!!!

#3790 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Update this drink is yummy!image-659.jpgimage-659.jpg

#3791 9 years ago

Skypilot's real name is Jesus, btw....before you freak out.

#3792 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You missed some bickering, and low blows, and dick punches.

#3793 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

poor mismanagement of this project

so you think they are doing a good job?

#3794 9 years ago

poor mismanagement = good management in my book.

#3795 9 years ago

Finally a good laugh at this thread!

BTW bless you ,RareHero my son

Jesus.jpgJesus.jpg
#3796 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Finally a good laugh at this thread!
BTW bless you ,RareHero my son

Thank you, man in the sky!!!

#3797 9 years ago

Can't wait to pre-order a PPS AFM!

#3798 9 years ago

Having said that, If they actually get a proper MMR out I likely will.

#3799 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It seems the obsessive ones are those who feel it's necessary to comment on or thumbs down every post I make. Since most of the time that obscures whatever MMR update (or lack of same) is involved, it's quite understandable.

And - surprise, surprise - the obsessive ones are at it again with the thumbs down ...

#3800 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Why would anyone thumbs down this? Seriously?

Because people are sick and tired of PC police and everyone being offended. I am Christin as well, but could give a shit what anyone else says or does. If people want to mock my religion, who cares
(here I will help you guys out, I am Mormon and have only one wife ) Quit getting offended by others and GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.