image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 111.
#3701 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

That batman picture reminded me of this picture. I truly think it's him in the batman outfit.

Does look like his chin but there is no way Glenn would wear that to a public event without his man girdle on.

#3702 9 years ago

they really need to do an official update today.

#3703 9 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

they really need to do an official update today.

no , they really don't.

#3704 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

no , they really don't.

thanks for stopping by.

#3705 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

no , they really don't.

Doug said he would provide an update over the weekend which didn't happen.

So please explain your brain and why they don't need to provide an update today.

#3706 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are correct - Doug did not say in his post that he would provide pictures. The pictures comment was in another post. I didn't make anything up. Again, it's all moot since we didn't get a weekend update anyway - with or without pictures.
If some of you guys spent half the effort you do on trying to razz me on holding PPS/CG accountable, maybe there would be more actual updates in this thread.

Exactly why I asked you. I'm bored so I took you off ignore and you are still making up things to negatively effect MMR. I just don't get where one gets the time? I still may cancel my preorder and can guarantee if I do I will no longer be following any MMR threads during preorder.

You had some legitimate complaints in the past towards PPS/CGC but this is just nonsense.

In the grand scheme I don't care, but it makes you look like an idiot so why do it?

#3707 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

you are still making up things to negatively effect MMR.

I haven't made anything up regarding MMR. As for negatively impacting MMR, PPS and CG don't seem to need any help. They keep shooting off one toe after another ...

Back on topic: no update from PPS or CG today (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call today the last day of a long weekend) and some pretty harsh words about it over on the PPS forums.

#3708 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I haven't made anything up regarding MMR. As for negatively impacting MMR, PPS and CG don't seem to need any help. They keep shooting off one toe after another ...
Back on topic: no update from PPS or CG today (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call today the last day of a long weekend) and some pretty harsh words about it over on the PPS forums.

like what?
i haven't joined (yet another forum) over there...

#3709 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

So please explain your brain and why they don't need to provide an update today.

Easy, he chose not to for whatever reason he had. As a consumer, not investor, you are not "owed" manufacturing info

#3710 9 years ago

winning the internetz, one message board crusade at a time...

#3711 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Easy, he chose not to for whatever reason he had. As a consumer, not investor, you are not "owed" manufacturing info

Bullshit we are most definitely owed updates. If they chose to never update us from the beginning then that would be their decision, but since they have promised us an update over the weekend and didn't we should be pissed. I am starting to think that I bought into a ponzi scheme...

#3712 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

So please explain ..................why they don't need to provide an update today.

Must be the snowstorm.

(I dont even know if Chicago is in the affected area, but sounds good).

#3713 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Bullshit we are most definitely owed updates. If they chose to never update us from the beginning then that would be their decision, but since they have promised us an update over the weekend and didn't we should be pissed. I am starting to think that I bought into a ponzi scheme...

Wah, go cry in the corner.

#3714 9 years ago

image-23.jpgimage-23.jpg

#3715 9 years ago

I am not crying about it, just countering your incorrect statement. If a decent MM comes up for sale close to me for around 8k I am out of MMR, but since I still want the game it doesnt really hurt to wait a little longer

#3716 9 years ago

Doug was at the Stern factory at 6:00 tonight when I called him about something else.

#3717 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballphil:

Doug was at the Stern factory at 6:00 tonight when I called him about something else.

Waiting for Noone to drop by that autographed album.

#3718 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Waiting for Noone to drop by that autographed album.

I would buy an MMr if it had Noones' signature on the PF.

#3719 9 years ago

Has batman become birdman?

#3720 9 years ago

"I, am the birdman"

#3721 9 years ago
#3722 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

incredible!

#3723 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You admitted Doug never said he would post pictures even though earlier in this thread you acted like he did. Lol

#3724 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

You admitted Doug never said he would post pictures even though earlier in this thread you acted like he did.

You really need to go read the posts on the PPS board and stop putting words in my mouth. And while you're there, ask why there are no pictures from the production line.

#3725 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You really need to go read the posts on the PPS board and stop putting words in my mouth. And while you're there, ask why there are no pictures from the production line.

Why would I ask your question for you? I don't care about pictures. I'm just calling BS when I see it.

#3726 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

OK Mr. JFH, I did what you asked me to do.

When asked about getting pictures from production Rick answered as follows

"As much as it's neat for end customers, it's full of issues for a company, the downside potential outweighs the upside potential ... then customers (and competitors) could pick up is going on good and bad - and good could be bad ... probably why very few companies in the world permit this, so I doubt pinball will be leading the charge ..."

Again no rep of PPS or CGC said they would post pictures of production.

Lucky you though. I'm best friends with Gary Stern and also a News Station. They provided the attached picture just for you.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3727 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

OK Mr. JFH, I did what you asked me to do.

Actually, you didn't.

Quoted from hardware:

When asked about getting pictures from production Rick answered as follows
"As much as it's neat for end customers, it's full of issues for a company, the downside potential outweighs the upside potential ... then customers (and competitors) could pick up is going on good and bad - and good could be bad ... probably why very few companies in the world permit this, so I doubt pinball will be leading the charge ..."

A very old comment.

Quoted from hardware:

Again no rep of PPS or CGC said they would post pictures of production.

Believe what you want. Bottom line is that there was no promised update, pictures or not. That is the relevant point.

You want to continue to troll on otherwise, have at it. I'm done dealing with your reading comprehension issues.

#3728 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Lucky you though. I'm best friends with Gary Stern and also a News Station. They provided the attached picture just for you.

I'm grasping for straws here, is that pic recent?

#3729 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Wah, go cry in the corner.

So you're trying to be like the counter to jfh? Like the yin to his yang? The teeter to his totter. The joker to his batman?

#3730 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So you're trying to be like the counter to jfh? Like the yin to his yang? The teeter to his totter. The joker to his batman?

The cracra to his zyzy ?

#3731 9 years ago

Noone says MMr is on the line.

Rollem!.jpgRollem!.jpg

#3732 9 years ago

^^^^classic^^^^

#3733 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

"Do you think if I keep squeezing his brains will pop out."

#3734 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I'm grasping for straws here, is that pic recent?

http://abc7chicago.com/hobbies/made-in-chicagoland-stern-pinball/383772/

From a quick google, it looks like November 7th.

#3735 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I think you'd be surprised what most MM owners paid for their game. Most of us got the game really early for our collections and paid nowhere near what the remakes are going for.

I think you'd be surprised how many people don't care what you or anyone else paid. The only thing that matters is what they cost on the day someone is ready to part with their hard earned $. Today the price is $8k (or even less, which TeeKee seems to think is a bad thing...) for a NIB. Before that it was $8k for a 17 year old beater. $10k for a 17 year old players, $11-$13k for a nice example and $14k plus for anything even close to a HUO or NIB.

If someone simply cannot wait for them to be delivered, or has a hard on for an original or insists on one, fine, go buy an original. But if it costs more than 25% less than what I could personally buy the NIB for I'm not interested.

#3736 9 years ago

From Rick's update today:

"CGC and Stern are in the driver's seat in terms of primary communication of the line status, etc. We are requesting updates and pictures that they will post and I will talk with them tomorrow and see what they can provide - but I think they are focused on getting the line started and not so much on communication (which upsets people), but the game is poised to start."

"not all the 1000 MMRLE's will be built at the old factory, this has never been an issue or frankly as a concern as there will be no space limitations at the new factory vs the current factory which will be a good thing."

--------

I read "poised to start" as "hasn't started yet" and Rick requesting updates and pictures as we should see pictures from the production line.

(Gotta give Rick credit for trying to spin the delay of building some of the games at the new factory as a good thing)

#3737 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'm not interested.

--comment removed by mod, no personal attacks. Keep on topic--
This ain't Globo gym dude!
image.jpgimage.jpg

Post edited by moderator: Keep away from personal attacks

#3738 9 years ago

Note for hardware:

Since you sometimes have difficulty reading all the words -

- we got an update about the update that said Rick asked for an update.

- Rick asked for pictures to be posted.

Your friend,
Batman

#3739 9 years ago

I think when no pictures or announcements about production happened last week it was pretty obvious that they have not started. They seem to want to keep what ever has caused the continued delay private. Probably wise at this point as anything announced would just create more backlash and people second guessing them. Looking more an more like it will be March-April before most people have there games.

#3740 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think when no pictures or announcements about production happened last week it was pretty obvious that they have not started. They seem to want to keep what ever has caused the continued delay private. Probably wise at this point as anything announced would just create more backlash and people second guessing them. Looking more an more like it will be March-April before most people have there games.

Agreed. At this point, PPS and CG are probably best served by not announcing any more planned or expected start dates and waiting until they can say "Production had started and here is a picture of the first games on the line."

The news that all the games weren't going to be built at the old factory was a surprise to me, as there had never been an indication from PPS that was the case. Given the recent picture of Gary at the new site, your March/April time frame for people having games in their hands may be optimistic.

#3741 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's how I feel about 99% of your posts! It's like you are just talking at people like they are stupid and you are all knowing.

image.jpg 18 KB

Oh wow, ok. Lol. Let me see if I can come up with something as good as that....um, nope, not interested.

#3742 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your friend,
Batman

Glad you were paying attention. I just sent out the bat signal.

imagesCAXIVAJ7.jpgimagesCAXIVAJ7.jpg
#3743 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's how I feel about 99% of your posts! It's like you are just talking at people like they are stupid and you are all knowing.

image.jpg 18 KB

Comment removed by moderator.

I guess I AM interested!!

Let's dance!

Post edited by moderator: No personal attacks.

#3744 9 years ago

Oh, and spoken like a true butthurt MM owner in denial.
I guess I AM interested!!
Let's dance!

Thanks for proving my point... TFA you don't disappoint!

#3745 9 years ago

I think you'd be surprised how many people don't care what you or anyone else paid. The only thing that matters is what they cost on the day someone is ready to part with their hard earned $. Today the price is $8k (or even less, which TeeKee seems to think is a bad thing...) for a NIB. Before that it was $8k for a 17 year old beater. $10k for a 17 year old players, $11-$13k for a nice example and $14k plus for anything even close to a HUO or NIB.
If someone simply cannot wait for them to be delivered, or has a hard on for an original or insists on one, fine, go buy an original. But if it costs more than 25% less than what I could personally buy the NIB for I'm not interested.

WHOA! WHOA! First off, Greg is posting tons of constructive info on TRon VE thread, the TFA makes a point of view we can all agree with? ( except TEEK)...

image-326.jpgimage-326.jpg

#3746 9 years ago

Post edited by moderator: No personal attacks. Keep it on topic.

#3747 9 years ago

Why do so many people hate MM owners? I was happy that MM was becoming available again for people but the venom against current owners brings out the worst in non-owners.

It started right after the announcement. I should go back and find the idiot who posted how happy he was that the value of MM would drop for current owners. Is the jealousy running that deep? This is probably a guy who can't afford the remake either. But why be happy that fellow Pinside members might lose money? Using Pinball as an investment is stupid but I don't "wish" bad investments on those who do, I just don't feel sorry for them.

I don't get the mentality and it can only make people in the same hobby not want to deal with each other.

#3748 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why do so many people hate MM owners? I was happy that MM was becoming available again for people but the venom against current owners brings out the worst in non-owners.
It started right after the announcement. I should go back and find the idiot who posted how happy he was that the value of MM would drop for current owners. Is the jealousy running that deep? This is probably a guy who can't afford the remake either. But why be happy that fellow Pinside members might lose money? Using Pinball as an investment is stupid but I don't "wish" bad investments on those who do, I just don't feel sorry for them.
I don't get the mentality and it can only make people in the same hobby not want to deal with each other.

A lot of folks were buying MM as a safe investment, the announcement came out of PPS pretty quickly, prices dropped from 13k+ to present day prices quick. Imagine losing 5 grand of value in a pin within weeks. Sour grapes with deep pockets=loudest heard.

Not that anyone hates any MM owners, not sure where you got that from, but that owning one was a privelage, which is becoming Joe Commonguy available soon.

#3749 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

A lot of folks were buying MM as a safe investment, the announcement came out of PPS pretty quickly, prices dropped from 13k+ to present day prices quick. Imagine losing 5 grand of value in a pin within weeks. Sour grapes with deep pockets=loudest heard.

That's their issue. I paid less than the $8K for my MM and AFM together. So it was before you would think it was an investment. But I hear people hating on current owners and laughing. From day one of the announcement when they were taking orders there were people saying how happy they were that "rich people" were losing money. If you paid $13K as an investment that's your problem, I don't feel sorry for you but I'm not happy for your loss either.

That's the kind of loser that had too much handed to him without working. Rather than striving to do better for themselves (takes work) they want to see others brought down. To me if you can afford $8K for a game you are doing pretty darn well. I never paid near that for "any" game. So this is probably the kind of person who can't afford either original or remake and just want's to see others do bad. Next year they will be happy if MMr loses value and make fun of those people also. Pathetic.

#3750 9 years ago

Oh, and spoken like a true butthurt MM owner in denial

I am by no means a "but hurt MM owner" when MMr was announced I didnt own MM but have always loved the game. I immediately sent a deposit on MMr more than a year ago, after waiting a while I ended up getting a refund as I found a beautiful restored MM at a price that would of never been possible without MMr being made (been playin it for a year)
So I guess you could say I'm an MMr lover because without Rick/MMr I wouldn't have an insanely nice original MM sitting in my game room.

I'm gunna sit this one out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.