image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 111.
#3301 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

See...this is the crap that should have been looked for before the decals were printed. I'm not looking for perfection, but misaligned decals are pretty unforgivable. They didn't step back after the first run and say "Hey! That is a little off - let's fix it before we print 1,000."
$8.000 man.

Just add it to the list of reasons why not to pre order.

#3302 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

See...this is the crap that should have been looked for before the decals were printed. I'm not looking for perfection, but misaligned decals are pretty unforgivable. They didn't step back after the first run and say "Hey! That is a little off - let's fix it before we print 1,000."
$8.000 man.

Are there pics that I missed of the misaligned decals? Is it really that bad? Could someone post a pic/link?

#3303 9 years ago

If the rumors are true and this thing is pushed until March - I'm out.
If the first batch of games have misalignment issues and registration problems - I'm out.

I don't mean to be apocalyptic but - damn. I've supported Rick all through this process but the recent posts on the PP forums seem to be excuses and game flaws coming to light.

If your cabinet art is misaligned and your customers have waited a year+ for this game...you know what you do. You freaking print them again and take the hit. That's the right thing to do.

In fact, we should demand it. I'm not kidding.

#3304 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

$8.000 man.

Seems there are a lot of things that are puzzling. I can handle the wait, but delays upon delays are getting real old. Today is the day production is to begin. If not, Im real interested to hearing a full explanation of why not. The factory moving is old news and that should have been factored into the last announcement when production went from the 12th to today the 19th.

#3305 9 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Not trying to get anyone in trouble. But here's the story. I spoke to someone at the Arcade Expo. Someone who's company works closely with Stern. This is secondhand, but he told me that he just spoke to the factory and the delay will now be until March. I completely hope this is BS. But I'm in the boat with you guys on my order and I'm passing this along. We'll know in the next couple of days.

I really hope the person you spoke to was talking about something else. Rick said production was going to start last Monday. Then Doug says today. To delay another 6 to 8 weeks either means a major problem with the Stern line, some serious parts issues or done other massive failure of this non-traditional project management system PPS and CG are using.

#3306 9 years ago

Everyone is posting based off of secondhand information that has yet to be confirmed.....my God people relax already.

#3307 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Are there pics that I missed of the misaligned decals? Is it really that bad? Could someone post a pic/link?

There are pics in the original MMR thread I think. I remember thinking that it wouldn't be too bad if I didn't know about it or notice it myself, but it would drive me crazy once I saw it because I would see it every time I looked at the game. Same with some of the playfield art alignment issues tgat were on some of the sample games.

#3308 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

FINALLY!!!! 3296 posts in and someone finally mentions the "move."I always thought of this as a potential problem.On top of that.....not sure what the priority/order is;Wrestlemania or MMr.

what priority, there are separate lines.

#3309 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Everyone is posting based off of secondhand information that has yet to be confirmed.....my God people relax already.

There's second hand/misinformation on this thread, Say it isn't so ! Is this not Pinside?

#3310 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Again I'm sure Rick wishes it was this simple ^ but it's not, if you don't believe me go check Ricks post on the PPS forum today on the subject. It's not a matter of simply moving the decal over its the fact that the 2 machines used to pattern the decal for MMr were both off center at the start button (again per Rick posted today on PPS forum) apparently some original MM had offset art at the start button.
I really don't see this as a big deal but some might I guess.

its not a big deal, the point is the originals were off when screened. the screen either centers the start button or the shooter button on the originals. I doubt the decals are printed to size, they will need to be trimmed which means they can choose to center either one. This isn't a flaw from Rick, its they way they originally came out, no one paid attention to it for 17 years, now people are complaining. Heres a pic of mine.

#3311 9 years ago

FINALLY!!!! 3296 posts in and someone finally mentions the "move."I always thought of this as a potential problem.On top of that.....not sure what the priority/order is;Wrestlemania or MMr.

Bro, you should really read the first 3295 posts to bring you up to speed. The move was mentioned and MMR will not run on the same assembly line as A stern machine..

#3312 9 years ago

The move has been mentioned hundreds of times.

#3313 9 years ago

Sorry I missed it. Thanks guys!!I read and i read but it doesn't always stick.Lots to take in.

#3314 9 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

If the rumors are true and this thing is pushed until March - I'm out.
If the first batch of games have misalignment issues and registration problems - I'm out.
I don't mean to be apocalyptic but - damn. I've supported Rick all through this process but the recent posts on the PP forums seem to be excuses and game flaws coming to light.
If your cabinet art is misaligned and your customers have waited a year+ for this game...you know what you do. You freaking print them again and take the hit. That's the right thing to do.
In fact, we should demand it. I'm not kidding.

I agree with you 100%. I really don't want to cancel, but I really don't want to be disappointed either. $8K is a lot of money. The recent news updates have made things worse for me.

The problem that I see with the artwork is that it was scanned from an existing cabinet. The artwork can only be placed on the cabinet one way with no room for adjustment (if printed to size). It's possible they will print the artwork "larger" so they can align as they see fit and then trim the edges. The problem that I have with that is the cabinet artwork is then larger than what you see on MM and also you are losing some of the artwork on each edge of the cabinet since it's being trimmed off.

Personally I'd rather have artwork that is a bit off center instead of artwork that is not to scale.

Rick confirmed that Stern will be QA'ing playfield registration and anything they don't consider acceptable will be sent back to CGC.

Will the color upgrade cost anything for LE customers? This is still something I wonder about. CGC didn't want to include $15 worth of coin mechs. Will they be so nice to provide a free upgrade after purchase?

#3315 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I agree with you 100%. I really don't want to cancel, but I really don't want to be disappointed either. $8K is a lot of money. The recent news updates have made things worse for me.
The problem that I see with the artwork is that it was scanned from an existing cabinet. The artwork can only be placed on the cabinet one way with no room for adjustment (if printed to size). It's possible they will print the artwork "larger" so they can align as they see fit and then trim the edges. The problem that I have with that is the cabinet artwork is then larger than what you see on MM and also you are losing some of the artwork on each edge of the cabinet since it's being trimmed off.
Personally I'd rather have artwork that is a bit off center instead of artwork that is not to scale.
Rick confirmed that Stern will be QA'ing playfield registration and anything they don't consider acceptable will be sent back to CGC.
Will the color upgrade cost anything for LE customers? This is still something I wonder about. CGC didn't want to include $15 worth of coin mechs. Will they be so nice to provide a free upgrade after purchase?

jut like a decal set you buy for a game now it will be printed the correct size but there will be space around it to allow proper centering then trimming. The decal should be able to be moved when installed. If they are using the original art it will when moved center one of, but not both butttons. Nothing will be "lost" and cut off.

#3316 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

jut like a decal set you buy for a game now it will be printed the correct size but there will be space around it to allow proper centering then trimming. The decal should be able to be moved when installed. If they are using the original art it will when moved center one of, but not both butttons. Nothing will be "lost" and cut off.

Calvin it sounds simple when you say it like that, but Rick basically all but said yesterday it is what it is and it will be off center (the start button hole was printed off center). Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but if it was as easy as sliding over the decal don't you think they would of just done that?

I think Hardware is correct with this statement:
"The artwork can only be placed on the cabinet one way with no room for adjustment (if printed to size)."

#3317 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Calvin it sounds simple when you say it like that, but Rick basically all but said yesterday it is what it is and it will be off center. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but if it was as easy as sliding over the decal don't you think they would of just done that?
I think Hardware is correct with this statement:
"The artwork can only be placed on the cabinet one way with no room for adjustment (if printed to size)."

it will be off center, one of the 2 has to be if they are using the original art. There is no way they are going to print the decal the exact size of the panel being covered. if they did any cabinet cut variation would be left uncovered. There will be extra space around any decal being applied. It *can* be moved somewhat, depending on the dead space they leave. The only thing is the MMr people will whine that the shooter is off if it is moved to center the start button. But all originals were off at one of the buttons. I saw what Rick posted but Rick isn't building the cabs.

#3318 9 years ago

In other non-decal news, did production start today?

#3319 9 years ago

I would think that with all the interest there is, if it had started, we would have heard by now.

#3320 9 years ago
#3321 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Q2. Sometime after noon.

Noone knows for sure Odin........

#3322 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Q2. Sometime after noon.

Afternoone of after noone?

#3323 9 years ago

Why does Noone get to go first?

#3324 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why does Noone get to go first?

Because he ordered the gold trim. Duh!

#3325 9 years ago
#3326 9 years ago

"IF" production started this morning, you would think Rick or someone from his camp would have let folks know over on PPS forums that things were a go. Given the silence, I'm thinking, just like last week, they are scrambling for yet another BS excuse as to why another delay.

Trust me, I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But at this point why would anyone think any differently.

#3327 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Noone likes gold!

4baa8e1243afe_150641n.jpg 11 KB

But does Noone like baby poo gold?

#3328 9 years ago

If it is delayed, it's time to fire up the ole "Blame Chicago Gaming" machine!

#3329 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3330 9 years ago

For what it's worth, I called Rick about a half hour ago. He said "I have no idea" when I asked if they started today. He knew they were supposed to but didn't know if everything was given the ok to start.....

#3331 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

"IF" production started this morning, you would think Rick or someone from his camp would have let folks know over on PPS forums that things were a go. Given the silence, I'm thinking, just like last week, they are scrambling for yet another BS excuse as to why another delay.

I'm sure production has started. The folks at PPS are just so busy deleting my posts from their board that they just haven't had time to update everyone with production status.

At least on Pinside, if a moderator removes a post, you get a message. Sure hope MMR owners don't have an problems or warranty issues with their games - I'm guessing those posts will get deleted faster than "where's our code?" questions on Stern's Facebook page.

#3332 9 years ago

Wow really???? "I have no idea" = Nope and I don't wanna face the backlash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3333 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

For what it's worth, I called Rick about a half hour ago. He said "I have no idea" when I asked if they started today. He knew they were supposed to but didn't know if everything was given the ok to start.....

Yea, wouldn't expect him to pay any attention to that, not like anybody is interested or anything. They wouldn't have known by Friday whether they needed to call in everyone for a new line to operate at Stern.

#3334 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

There are Rick's amazing project management credentials on display for all again.

He gets points for being honest and telling you he doesn't know, but loses way more by not knowing the answer to the primary question that he knew hundreds of his customers would have today.

#3335 9 years ago

If I was Rick I would be standing there in person when the 1st one came off the line, and at least be there the 1st week of production. If he is not there I would say production is not starting. Just my 2 cents.

#3336 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

For what it's worth, I called Rick about a half hour ago. He said "I have no idea" when I asked if they started today.

that's truly amazing.

#3337 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

If I was Rick I would be standing there in person when the 1st one came off the line, and at least be there the 1st week of production. If he is not there I would say production is not starting. Just my 2 cents.

Rick's not making these. He's just the license holder. Doug at CGC is the point man on actually getting them made.

#3338 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Rick's not making these.

Well he's certainly selling them:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec6/

#3339 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Well he's certainly selling them:

As are many other distros. So what does that mean?

#3340 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

As are many other distros. So what does that mean?

I work in manufacturing. While it's may not run the same as pinball manufacturing, stakeholders usually have knowledge on when production will start.

If pinball manufacturing worked like consumer electronics, the manufacturer would be financially responsible for not hitting SOP targets. We can gripe about Chinese manufacturing, but these machines would've been on the assembly line a long time ago.

#3341 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Rick's not making these. He's just the license holder. Doug at CGC is the point man on actually getting them made.

Rick is the face of MMR. He is more then selling them. I was at The Expo when it was announced. Who announced it? PPS is on the backglass! All I'm saying is if my name is on the machine, and I got as much as he has got invested in this project, and as many things has went wrong, I'm standing there the first week of production. I don't even send my best employee, I'm there in person to make sure things are right!

#3342 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

i

Mr. Personality is so helpful, thoughtful and nice.....

#3343 9 years ago

All this bitching about Rick and the game not getting made is going to make him not ever announce a game again until it is built and in a box ready to be shipped...

Rick did pass his projected date of this being ready - If youre dissatisfied with this call and get your money back or quit bitching..

Rick runs a business day to day and has much better things to worry about than being there for the first game coming off of the line.

I imagine Doug Duba (Chicago Gaming) has been @ Stern as needed.

#3344 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

All this bitching about Rick and the game not getting made is going to make him not ever announce a game again until it is built and in a box ready to be shipped...
Rick did pass his projected date of this being ready - If youre dissatisfied with this call and get your money back or quit bitching..
Rick runs a business day to day and has much better things to worry about than being there for the first game coming off of the line.

Oh no......He's never going to announce a game again until it's ready?

The horror

Post edited by kapper

#3345 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

is going to make him not ever announce a game again until it is built and in a box ready to be shipped...

One can hope so.

#3346 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

you and your facts have not place here!

#3347 9 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

For what it's worth, I called Rick about a half hour ago. He said "I have no idea" when I asked if they started today.

Sounds legit.

#3348 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

This is not a small business deal. I would say it is one of the biggest if not the biggest project PPS has taken on $8,000,000+. I'm not unhappy with Rick, I'm not even unhappy with the delays, I'm not even unhappy with the decals, offset playfield, or the dmd I can handle that no big deal. This is even my 1st time to comment about the project, but have read this every day since the 1st day it was announced. I've happily been in since day 1 and have been paid in full since July 7th, and I will not cancel my order even if it goes for another 6 months. All I'm saying! if it was me that was doing this project I would be there the 1st week and not trust anybody but myself. That's why I'm thinking it's not starting production today, but I might be wrong. O and by the way Rick has already said he is not going to take pre orders again and I think that is a very SMART move on his part!

#3349 9 years ago

Where is trilogybeer..........nevermind

#3350 9 years ago

If Rick legitimately has no idea whether production started today or not... oh dear. That is just the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Next thing JJP will be unware when Hobbit is being produced... if the masses will eat up such weak sauce excuses, may as well keep giving them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.