image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 111.
#3002 9 years ago

^^ for the win !

#3003 9 years ago

48 hrs the first machine should be close to being done .
Figure extra time for hiccups along the way.

#3004 9 years ago

it would be so awesome to see pix of MMR on the assembly line in active production

#3005 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

8 hrs the first machine should be close to being done .

I'm not sure of Stern's build rate. It took Williams 20 hours to build a game from parts to rolling off the end of the line.

So starting tomorrow, I would suspect by noon Wednesday the first MMre comes off the end and a steady stream behind it. Then to CGC for QC and crating and shipping. So leaving to owners by Thursday/Friday ?

As long as no one on the assembly line screams "STOP". And Stern isn't known for that. I think they likely got things set to rock and roll.

Sure is going to be an exciting week for pinball !

LTG : )™

#3006 9 years ago

preparing for awesomeness

#3007 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

preparing for awesomeness

Except I don't think we'll see Rick, Gary, or Doug, doing a cartwheel when the first ones leave Stern.

LTG : (™

#3008 9 years ago

Rick did say they expect a "slight delay" as Stern transitions to their new location. Not sure when that is, Feb if I remember right, so I'm not sure how many will get built ahead of that. He said the capacity of the new facility will be able to make up for the gap in production. Can't wait!

#3009 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Rick did say they expect a "slight delay" as Stern transitions to their new location. Not sure when that is, Feb if I remember right, so I'm not sure how many will get built ahead of that. He said the capacity of the new facility will be able to make up for the gap in production. Can't wait!

wouldn't make sense to build them all and then move ?

#3010 9 years ago

It's not like they are just moving on a whim, this was probably scheduled for quite some time. I've moved warehouses before, it takes a bit of time.

#3011 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

wouldn't make sense to build them all and then move ?

They are on Stern's schedule and not theirs.

There is a number posted somewhere ( 250 ? ) how many units they make and then the switch over to the new plant.

#3012 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

48 hrs the first machine should be close to being done .

Source?

#3013 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not sure of Stern's build rate. It took Williams 20 hours to build a game from parts to rolling off the end of the line.
So starting tomorrow, I would suspect by noon Wednesday the first MMre comes off the end and a steady stream behind it. Then to CGC for QC and crating and shipping. So leaving to owners by Thursday/Friday ?
As long as no one on the assembly line screams "STOP". And Stern isn't known for that. I think they likely got things set to rock and roll.

I think I recall Gary saying on the Dec. Spooky podcast that the line can do 40-50/day. I would presume its less than that as they get the parts staging and assembly smoothed out - is that 1 day or 14 days? Should be fun to see.

#3014 9 years ago

Hehe... It'll get smoothed out, they'll move and have to re-smooth

#3015 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, is that 20 consecutive hours or 20 man hours? My guess is the latter, I am sure they have people on harnesses, assemblies, decals etc...hopefully working at the same time

#3016 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Lloyd, is that 20 consecutive hours or 20 man hours? My guess is the latter, I am sure they have people on harnesses, assemblies, decals etc...hopefully working at the same time

I think they have a siesta around 1:00 at stern, so it'd have to be broken up.

#3017 9 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

Excuse my ignorance on the topic but it seems that all updates and hyping of MMR have stopped around early November 2014. Even a Google search doesn't reveal any recent updates. Are they making the game? Has anybody actually seen or been able to play on one? It is a scam? What's going on?
I was actually considering buying one but the recent lack of activity concerns me a little.

Troll better.

#3018 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

It's not like they are just moving on a whim, this was probably scheduled for quite some time. I've moved warehouses before, it takes a bit of time.

yup.

They actually have one full day set aside JUST to move all the microwave ovens in the breakroom...

#3019 9 years ago

Lloyd, is that 20 consecutive hours or 20 man hours? My guess is the latter,

I've just heard 20 hours, not the break down.

I hope the latter too.

At any rate when the first one rolls off the end, more will follow steadily.

Going to be an exciting week.

#3020 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've just heard 20 hours, not the break down.
I hope the latter too.
At any rate when the first one rolls off the end, more will follow steadily.
Going to be an exciting week.

Surely would have to be the latter? How would 20k Addams be pumped out if it was the former?

Any news if they are in fact on the line or has an unavoidable road block surfaced?

#3021 9 years ago

Tap, tap, tap......

#3022 9 years ago

it's now past noon and if anything's gonna be on the line, it's surely been up for a while now...and we've heard nothing.

not sure why i expected an actual update today. silly of me, really.

#3023 9 years ago

I am pretty frustrated with this but nobody seems to care and things just get passed by the buck chuck. I am pretty close to cancelling unless we can be reassured that they will be starting pretty quick.

#3024 9 years ago

Its Monday morning. I am sure folks have better things to do than run over Pinside to post updates. Plus I thought it was the 15th and not today.

#3025 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Its Monday morning. I am sure folks have better things to do than run over Pinside to post updates. Plus I thought it was the 15th and not today.

no, it's supposed to be today.

as for updates on pinside, i wasn't expecting to find them here...just wanted to comment on the lack of update(s) here.

#3026 9 years ago

Anyone going to stern for a tour today? wink wink

#3027 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Tap, tap, tap......

Tick, tick, tick

#3028 9 years ago

Wait, Rick isn't livestreaming the production line with commentary?

#3029 9 years ago
#3030 9 years ago

#3031 9 years ago

Maybe today was "bring all the shit" to stern day. Production won't actually start until later?

#3032 9 years ago

According to PPS all of the parts were at Stern as of 12/30. They were supposed to have everything loaded and spot checked last Wednesday with a production start date of Today. I expect to have an update today but I have been disappointed in the past....

#3033 9 years ago

According to PPS all of the parts were at Stern as of 12/30. They were supposed to have everything loaded and spot checked last Wednesday with a production start date of Today. I expect to have an update today but I have been disappointed in the past....

they don't owe you a production update. They can be running right now and they have no reason to tell you. Even if they are running today the first games may not (probably wont) clear the line today. The PF's wont move until harness are ready, Assuming production started today the early sub assemblies need to be stockpiled and pushed down the line to get to the later steps.

#3034 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

they don't owe you a production update. They can be running right now and they have no reason to tell you. Even if they are running today the first games may not (probably wont) clear the line today. The PF's wont move until harness are ready, Assuming production started today the early sub assemblies need to be stockpiled and pushed down the line to get to the later steps.

They don't "technically" owe us an update, but it takes like a minute and why not? I mean, let's have some good news for a change. Especially when it was posted that production was projected to start today. Either it started or it will start "x" now because of "y". Simple.

#3035 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I beg to differ on this. I'm a laid back kind of guy. But with delay after delay after delay, with some folks having paid in full 6 months ago when production was imminent, to be kept in the dark whether or not production has begun is just plain wrong. This is a slippery slope PPS and CGC are on right now.

I know it's been beaten to death about the business practices......and I've personally tried to be very patient. But this is beyond ridiculous. Either production has started or it has not. Rick, PPS and CGC DO OWE it to their customers to keep us apprised of WTF is going on.

#3036 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I beg to differ on this. I'm a laid back kind of guy. But with delay after delay after delay, with some folks having paid in full 6 months ago when production was imminent, to be kept in the dark whether or not production has begun is just plain wrong. This is a slippery slope PPS and CGC are on right now.
I know it's been beaten to death about the business practices......and I've personally tried to be very patient. But this is beyond ridiculous. Either production has started or it has not. Rick, PPS and CGC DO OWE it to their customers to keep us apprised of WTF is going on.

no they don't you are a customer, not an investor. Its a very big difference. Would it be nice to get an update, sure, but its not in any way owed to you. You chose to buy the game unseen before production. It's all on you.

#3037 9 years ago

Per CGC on PPS site : Production pushed to next Monday.... 01/19/15

#3038 9 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Per CGC on PPS site : Production pushed to next Monday.... 01/19/15

Bummer, but at least there was an announcement.

#3039 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Maybe today was "bring all the shit" to stern day. Production won't actually start until later?

Its all there just a few things were not right so launch delay till the 19th...still all good to me.
Would rather it launch and be good rather me be on the tech support line with LTG.

Lloyd I hope your like the Maytag man in the commercials...always there never needed.

#3040 9 years ago

Can't say I'm exactly shocked. However, I would rather they catch the defective parts before production then after.

#3041 9 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered, but do we know when Stern is moving to their new facility?

#3042 9 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Sorry if this has been covered, but do we know when Stern is moving to their new facility?

February, and it will cause a short but unspecified break in production

#3043 9 years ago

Damn, I wanted to play LTG's at the end of the month

#3044 9 years ago

What's the over/under on when the first customer will get their MMR?

What was the original release date, Q2 2014?

#3045 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Damn, I wanted to play LTG's at the end of the month

Not looking good for the party. Since you have to travel so far, I am sorry.

#3046 9 years ago
Quoted from Ryu21:

What's the over/under on when the first customer will get their MMR?
What was the original release date, Q2 2014?

Yes.

#3047 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

They dont owe me anything other than a game 6 months ago...I am not an investor but part of the deal with the delays were weekly updates. At this time I have chosen to stay onboard, if the timeframe keeps slipping or the updates stop flowing they will lose me as a customer. I have never asked to see confidential documents, BOM sheets or other workproduct except proof that the game that I put a deposit on 14 months ago will be produced both as promised and in a timely manor.

#3048 9 years ago

They dont owe me anything other than a game 6 months ago...I am not an investor but part of the deal with the delays were weekly updates. At this time I have chosen to stay onboard, if the timeframe keeps slipping or the updates stop flowing they will lose me as a customer. I have never asked to see confidential documents, BOM sheets or other workproduct except proof that the game that I put a deposit on 14 months ago will be produced both as promised and in a timely manor.

They didn't promise weekly updates, they offered them for a while, then said nothing new to report so they wouldn't do more updates until there was something to say. No one made you put a deposit on the game, you choose to pre-order, no one out a gun to your head. If you are pad in full a long time ago that's your distros problem not PPS.

#3049 9 years ago

Are you buying a MMR?

#3050 9 years ago

Are you buying a MMR?

No but he's heavily invested in how people that are in on MMr can and should feel.

The game is coming and that's what matters. Hopefully over the next 3 months everyone gets their games and they are rock solid. Looking forward to getting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.