Topic Stats

• 5,504 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMR-BlackA.jpg
adams3.jpg
image.jpg
IMG951691.jpg
Stern_Kiss_update.jpg
the big lebowski In-N-Out Burger.jpg
IMAG5605.jpg
vacation (1).JPG
image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 111.
#2801 4 years ago

I honestly don't see where Hardware was "hoping" for anything. With all the false dates that were given, as unintentional as it may have been on PPS's part, I too am somewhat doubtful of the Jan 12th date. Being "in" on this, I do hope that something will happen on the 12th, but being part of this thread from the start (and the MMR monster thread) I can completly understand why one would believe there would be any "chirping" if the date is not upheld.

Let's all be happy, I do believe they will start shipping this month, with that said it is almost 2015, I hope you all have a great new years eve!

~Gangplank

#2802 4 years ago

You make it sound like they've missed several production start dates. There have been several delays but never has an actual start date been announced or missed for production of the game until yesterday.

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

Quoted from hardware:

I'm sure the question was sarcasm. Just because they said the 12th of January you are going to believe it? I can't wait until January 13th and birds are chirping. You'll be the first to flood every MMR thread asking WTF is going on?

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you are hoping they do not start production on the 12th because that will bring you some sort of satisfaction? Seems pretty petty.
If production starts anytime that week I'll be happy at this point.

I'm in on the preorder.

I'm not hoping for anything.

I don't care about a tentative start date.

A post that says "production started today" is the only thing I care about.

#2804 4 years ago

It's not tentative. Of course you can't guarntee anything, January 12th is the announced official start date of MMr production. Will it happen, who the hell knows. Is this different than Rick's standard "3-5 days" or "+/- 2 weeks" yah, it is.

Quoted from hardware:

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I'm in on the preorder.
I'm not hoping for anything.
A post that says "production started today" is the only thing I care about.

Understand. I missread your original post.

#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

MMR is almost exactly like a HEP restore. HEP sends games out with new cabs, repo playfieds, tons of repo parts. Where do you think all those repo parts come from? His restores are great, the best out there. Besides the boardset in the backbox, there isn't really a whole lot of difference between the two.
Also, I quoted myself because you must of missed it. IF MMR is a hit, HEP, HUO and generally restored MM's will go down lower in value. On the flip side, IF MMR comes out a mess, the HEP, HUO and generally restored MM's will go up in value.
I put my money where my mouth is, I bet $8,000 cash that MMR is a hit. You did too, you still own your MM. I'd wish you luck, but that wouldn't be sincere.

It was never about MM being remade... It is about attitudes like yours that like to stick it to anyone that has an original MM.. I really hope MMr is all you wanted, but that wouldn't be sincere also

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

It was never about MM being remade... It is about attitudes like yours that like to stick it to anyone that has an original MM.. I really hope MMr is all you wanted, but that wouldn't be sincere also

I couldn't possibly agree more with this post.

One thing about the MMr announcement is that some people have really shown their true colors.

#2808 4 years ago
#2809 4 years ago

That you can compare a NIB MMR to a HEP? Yah, I guess those are my true colors.

I believe if MMR is a hit, high end MM's will loose more value and vise versa.

If you don't want my game to come out well so that your original can hold it's value, that's fine by me. We can want all day, but it is what it is.

Quoted from RobT:

One thing about the MMr announcement is that some people have really showed their true colors.

I'm not "sticking it" to anyone. I'm just buying a game. it's not so much an attitude that your game will be worth less if my game is worth more but an opinion. Not something that I want or wish. The "wish you luck / sincerity" remark that you quoted from me was in direct response to his post above and taken out of context. But you knew that.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

It is about attitudes like yours that like to stick it to anyone that has an original MM

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you don't want my game to come out well so that your original can hold it's value, that's fine by me. We can want all day, but it is what it is.

I don't own one, ya dork.

#2811 4 years ago

True, but you appear to own AFM and MB so everything I said still applies.

Quoted from RobT:

#2812 4 years ago

#2813 4 years ago

double

#2814 4 years ago

Happy new year to all of soon to be owners of MMr...(including myself).

#2815 4 years ago

The guy owns what is very likely to be one of the next two titles being remade. He can't exactly say he doesn't have a dog in this race like he's trying to imply. What happens to the value of nice original MM's will most likely also happen to nice AFM's or nice MB's when they are remade. He owns both.

#2816 4 years ago

How about we let it go and focus on folks getting games they want. New , quality restored or even beaters. It's just pinball and this threads about excited folks getting their MMrs

#2817 4 years ago

They're both overpriced anyways. Neither one should be 8-10k

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

True, but you appear to own AFM and MB so everything I said still applies.

Quoted from jalpert:

The guy owns what is very likely to be one of the next two titles being remade. He can't exactly say he doesn't have a dog in this race like he's trying to imply. What happens to the value of nice original MM's will most likely also happen to nice AFM's or nice MB's when they are remade. He owns both.

And you just proved yet again what I said before applies to you. Jackass.

Quoted from RobT:

One thing about the MMr announcement is that some people have really shown their true colors.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rob, I had to give you a thumbs up, because I so rarely see anyone use the word "dork", anymore. Maybe it will make a comeback?

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Rob, I had to give you a thumbs up, because I so rarely see anyone use the word "dork", anymore. Maybe it will make a comeback?

It takes special words when it comes to describing jalpert!

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

How about we let it go and focus on folks getting games they want. New , quality restored or even beaters. It's just pinball and this threads about excited folks getting their MMrs

Absolutely.

I don't get the MM vs. MMR pissing match. Both are perfectly fine options, if you pay whatever you are comfortable with for them.

It's highly unlikely that an off-the-line MMR will be anywhere close to a HEP restored original. I'm sure someone will buy a new MMR and send it to HEP - then we can compare which is "better".

Personally, I think my MM (who someone recently said looked like it just came out of the box) is a slightly better option than an MMR, but part of that is that I paid $3800 for it new.

But trying to diminish the value of existing MMs by implying MMR is somehow inherently better is rediculous. They are both similar and different at the same time - not the same as 'better" or "worse".

They both have advantages and disadvantages. Everyone should have a Medieval Madness in their collection. Just be glad you can even be involved in the "which version is best for me" discussion.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

DORKr.....just like the old DORK but newer.

#2823 4 years ago

Dorks.jpg
#2824 4 years ago
#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It takes special words when it comes to describing jalpert!

Doesn't dork mean something like whale dick?

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Doesn't dork mean something like whale dick?

dork
dôrk/noun

informal:

a dull, slow-witted, or socially inept person.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

dork
dôrk/noun
informal:
a dull, slow-witted, or socially inept person.

So basically anyone on Pinside on New Year's Eve.

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anyone on Pinside period.

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Count me in!

#2830 4 years ago
#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

New Year's Day down here.....dorks

#2832 4 years ago

My 8yr old trying to stay up to midnight. MMr will go where DW is.

image.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

#2833 4 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#2834 4 years ago

Same to you. Warm wishes for a happy 2015 to everyone at Pinside!

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My 8yr old trying to stay up to midnight. MMr will go where DW is.

I'm getting rid of my doctor who to make room also. Goes tommorow.

#2836 4 years ago
#2837 4 years ago

Cue up the JJP "Production has begun" photo from 2012.

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I'm getting rid of my Doctor Who to make room also. Goes tommorow.

DW is just moving next to BSD.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Poor Dr.Who. Just not getting any love these days.

It does in my home.

#2840 4 years ago

I'm pre-pre-pre-preordering the DorkRLE with the PremiumSportpak and plaid trim! Oh,sorry, that's me.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from knhappybaum:

I'm pre-pre-pre-preordering the DorkRLE with the PremiumSportpak and plaid trim! Oh,sorry, that's me.

I'm waiting for the Ruby Red and Opal White Canuck Super Dooper LE myself...

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'm waiting for the Ruby Red and Opal White Canuck Super Dooper LE myself...

Jacques played it; He likes it!

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You make it sound like they've missed several production start dates. There have been several delays but never has an actual start date been announced or missed for production of the game until yesterday.
I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference between NIB and HEP.

I'll give you a quick example.

Rick confirmed on the PPS forum today that the screen tearing issue will not be resolved before MMR ships.

HEP MM does not have a screen tearing issue.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

HEP MM does not have a screen tearing issue.

Neither does a routed beat to hell original

#2845 4 years ago

What if someone has their NIB MMr sent directly to HEP for the royal treatment; will the screen tearing issue be taken care of?

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What if someone has their NIB MMr sent directly to HEP for the royal treatment; will the screen tearing issue be taken care of?

i hear he rips it apart as part of the repair process.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

After replacing all the new parts for original, yes!

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Neither does a routed beat to hell original

That's a great point too. Good thinking. : )

#2849 4 years ago

>>
Rick confirmed on the PPS forum today that the screen tearing issue will not be resolved before MMR ships.
<<

Wow. Really surprising update. Here is what he said, which floored me.

"...getting the transitions exactly as original (plasma vs led/lcd) will never be exact. Again, if you expect exact, then this is not the game for you."

Actually, exact is precisely what I thought this project was all about.

And LED/LCD vs plasma shouldn't be an issue. If the ColorDMD guys can do it, so could Chicago Gaming. Short answer is that it seems that they are using an underpowered CPU to emulate the WPC code rather than spec'ing proper hardware to recreate the software accurately.

I have been patient and positive on this project until now, but this answer is pretty embarrassing. I guess I should have realized we were in trouble when Rick didn't know what a credit dot was during the PPS tournament last month.

#2850 4 years ago

So when will it be resolved??? And when will it be colorized???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 209.00
There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside