Topic Stats

• 5,504 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMR-BlackA.jpg
adams3.jpg
image.jpg
IMG951691.jpg
Stern_Kiss_update.jpg
the big lebowski In-N-Out Burger.jpg
IMAG5605.jpg
vacation (1).JPG
image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 111.
#2002 4 years ago

What no Coin Mechs!
When did this go down!
That's it I'm cancelling my order and using that money to possibly become a Hooters Waitress !

Boy I wish one day when I look at this thread it would be something new and fresh!
Not just s@&t we have all heard before; Many,many times before.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Boy I wish one day when I look at this thread it would be something new and fresh!

Me too!...then I saw your post...

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I can't imagine anyone admitting to having spent $300 for something as arbitrary as a specific number on a little metal tag. It's certainly not something I would ever brag about unless I wanted people to think me a fool.

I'll pay $300.00 for a requested number, but it's a cold day in bleep before i'll spend $16 on 2 discounted coin mechs

ps. i hear Hooters waitresses are really attracted to guys who have specific pinball LE #'s.

#2005 4 years ago

My kids had to ask Santa for coin mechs for Christmas. Thanks a lot PPS!

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

So you've got your kids Xmas gifts covered with $20 and you're complaining? Sounds like you should be thanking PPS to me. Or did they also ask Santa to let them route your MMr and keep the proceeds?

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

You charge your kids to play your games? Happy festivus kiddos.

#2008 4 years ago
#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You charge your kids to play your games? Happy festivus kiddos.

well duhh... who doesn't.
have to recoup these coinmech budget overruns.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the desire for a "special" number and when I collect rock art prints I typically go for specific numbers but that said, I don't pay extra for it and have never had an artist upsell me to get a specific number.

I hope you're not pjtaper.

I'm a former gigposter artist. A lot of the expressobeans people are obsessed with getting a specific print number and get quite irate when it's not available. So, I can totally see the demand for low and/or specific edition numbers on games.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern usually charges for specific numbers. Maybe that started after Tron.

Starburst charged me extra for a "low edition number" on my TRON:LE. I doubt Stern got any of that cash. I only did it because it was the last NIB machine they had left. $300!

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I hope you're not pjtaper.
I'm a former gigposter artist. A lot of the expressobeans people are obsessed with getting a specific print number and get quite irate when it's not available. So, I can totally see the demand for low and/or specific edition numbers on games.

nope, but I know whom you are referring to sadly.

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Starburst charged me extra for a "low edition number" on my TRON:LE. I doubt Stern got any of that cash. I only did it because it was the last NIB machine they had left. $300!

Oh... I think that's because the low number Trons had autographs on the playfield. Does yours have scribbles? $300 worth of scribbles?

#2014 4 years ago

it might say Centerflank on the apron...

that's $300 extra right there.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it might say Centerflank on the apron...
that's $300 extra right there.

Maybe if it said labnip, they'd give you a discount?

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Maybe if it said labnip, they'd give you a discount?

that's how i got my Tron LE with a requested # even cheaper.
once i told them my pinside name (aside from their prolonged laughter), they then gave me a giant discount. i suspect out of sympathy

long live stern discounts

#2017 4 years ago

You got a discount on your NIB Tron LE by giving them your Pinside name? In May 2014?

Quoted from labnip:

that's how i got my TRON LE with a requested # even cheaper.
once i told them my pinside name (aside from their prolonged laughter), they then gave me a giant discount. i suspect out of sympathy

long live stern discounts

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You got a discount on your NIB TRON LE by giving them your Pinside name? In May 2014?

hehe....

i've been around the game industry for 25 years

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i've been around the game industry for 25 years

Newb.

LTG : )™

#2020 4 years ago

one day i might make it past pledge status

#2021 4 years ago
#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh... I think that's because the low number Trons had autographs on the playfield. Does yours have scribbles? $300 worth of scribbles?

Yeah, there's a couple of illegible squiggles in silver at the bottom. I assumed all the LEs got that "special feature".

#2023 4 years ago

I was kind of hoping TWD production would be slowing down to make more room for MMR. I guess that's not happening now.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I was kind of hoping TWD production would be slowing down to make more room for MMR. I guess that's not happening now.

Sure hope it doesn't slow down my MMrLE....

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Sure hope it doesn't slow down my MMrLE....

Ditto but perhaps that was part of the contract agreement between PPS & Stern. As in IF Stern wants to make another run I.E. The walking dead premium they take precident over MMRLEs. Whelp see you all in Januarary.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Ditto but perhaps that was part of the contract agreement between PPS & Stern. As in IF Stern wants to make another run I.E. The Walking Dead premium they take precident over MMRLEs. Whelp see you all in Januarary.

Hope this is not the case... What happened to that "Important date?" It's LATE, LATE

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Ditto but perhaps that was part of the contract agreement between PPS & Stern. As in IF Stern wants to make another run I.E. The Walking Dead premium they take precident over MMRLEs. Whelp see you all in Januarary.

They've already made the statement that the capacity for MMr is on the side, and not blocking or being blocked by Stern activities. It sounds like Stern has enough flexible capacity to add on that other line on-demand.

There isn't anything visible on the horizon at this point (from where we sit...) that would make it look like Stern needs to radically soak up all available capacity for their own projects... especially since Stern has been shopping themselves as a manufacturer first...

#2028 4 years ago

Yes, MMR is "on the side" so to speak. But, if the main line wasn't running, I'd assume they'd also run MMR there churning them out faster. For all we know the side line can only produce 10 games a week, nobody has told us anything about that.

Quoted from flynnibus:

They've already made the statement that the capacity for MMr is on the side, and not blocking or being blocked by Stern activities. It sounds like Stern has enough flexible capacity to add on that other line on-demand.

There isn't anything visible on the horizon at this point (from where we sit...) that would make it look like Stern needs to radically soak up all available capacity for their own projects... especially since Stern has been shopping themselves as a manufacturer first...

#2029 4 years ago

Hope this is not the case... What happened to that "Important date?" It's LATE, LATE

It'll be here before you know it!

1408-op-will-deliver-skeleton.jpg
#2030 4 years ago

Production will commence once everyone has picked and paid for their serial number.

#2031 4 years ago

mmft.jpg

I'm contacting you from the future. I have great news. I finally got my MMRLE. Its awesome! But I should have waited to pay in full. I think they made a few bucks on interest on me. I think they are still going to sell me the color DMD upgrade soon. It ended up that only PPS can make the color work.

I read that it should be available any day now on the embedded forum reader on my artificial eyeball. They did center the start button. The triple led thingy is working well when an LED burns out. And the coin mech is no longer a big deal, there is no money in the future. Oh, and I'm happy I chose black. We all have guns now. Bye

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

I'm contacting you from the future. I have great news. I finally got my MMRLE. Its awesome!

mmft.jpg 62 KB

Most people might have better luck going back in time for an original MM

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Darn... not that I wanted to MMr to get pushed back, but i was REALLY hoping for some truth to the LOTR VE rumor....

#2034 4 years ago

I was hoping that production was going to start after UL certification. I guess not. That was almost a month ago. What is the hold up now? Frustrated after being paid since July and no solid word on a start date.

#2035 4 years ago

I just think it's a slow process getting all their ducks lined up to begin production. It's obvious that CG/PPS underestimated what it takes to get this thing in customers' hands in addition to the unexpected delays outside their control. However, prepaying 6 months in advance doesn't help align interests between manufacturer and customer. With money in hand where is the incentive to speed up production? Where is the sense of urgency?

I've accepted the fact that this will not be in my house for my XMAS party (25+ attending). This disappointing reality has caused me to be disillusioned and apathetic about the whole thing. I'm just not that excited about it anymore.

Little dribbling updates don't do anything for me either. Update fatigue has run its course. Just let me know when production and shipping start so I'll have at least some idea of when I can expect delivery. Yes, I know others have had it much worse than MMR customers. Regardless, this experience is enough for me to make this my last preorder.

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from frasethatpayz:

I was hoping that production was going to start after UL certification. I guess not. That was almost a month ago. What is the hold up now? Frustrated after being paid since July and no solid word on a start date.

Skit-B said it best.. "Making pinball machines is hard!!" Remember, this is CGC's first game since Vacation America. Give 'em some time to get back in the swing of things.

#2037 4 years ago

I'm generally patient, and I am willing to give them the time it takes to get it right. Having said that, Christmas week is the only time off I'll have for months, so I really had my hopes up that I'd get the machine by then. Oh, well. As we have all come to learn, pinball is a waiting game.

#2038 4 years ago

Hopefully, for all you guys still waiting, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I just don't think you can take this long to deliver a game anymore. People used to be willing to wait because they had no choice. Now, with so many new titles being announced, people move on to the new hot thing.

Manufactures really shouldn't announce until they have something closer to shipping. ...or maybe announce their concept, but don't take money until it's "close"

Fire up debate for "close" in 3... 2.... 1....

#2039 4 years ago

There is nothing to debate. Rick already said he's not announcing the next game until production is imminent.

Quoted from MrDo:

Manufactures really shouldn't announce until they have something closer to shipping. ...or maybe announce their concept, but don't take money until it's "close"

#2040 4 years ago

ish?

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

I'm contacting you from the future. I have great news. I finally got my MMRLE. Its awesome! But I should have waited to pay in full. I think they made a few bucks on interest on me. I think they are still going to sell me the color DMD upgrade soon. It ended up that only PPS can make the color work.
I read that it should be available any day now on the embedded forum reader on my artificial eyeball. They did center the start button. The triple led thingy is working well when an LED burns out. And the coin mech is no longer a big deal, there is no money in the future. Oh, and I'm happy I chose black. We all have guns now. Bye

mmft.jpg 62 KB

wait but in your photo it shows you have chrome as your trim, did the black powder coat eventually deteriorate over time ? Do the cubs win the world series in 2015 ? Does Stern actually make a Jaws pin! so many question I want to know !

#2042 4 years ago

No on the Cubs ! Giants go back to back ! Big Labowski becomes greatest pin of all time.Stern does KISS and its a bust! Gottlieb makes a comeback !

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is nothing to debate. Rick already said he's not announcing the next game until production is imminent.

This is Pinside. We will always find something to debate dammit!

In this case, the debate would revolve around the issue of the definition of "imminent".

#2044 4 years ago

I'm not going to debate with you on that.

Quoted from RobT:

This is Pinside. We will always find something to debate dammit!
In this case, the debate would revolve around the issue of the definition of "imminent".

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Gottlieb makes a comeback !

Sweet! Did they re-issue Haunted House and add sound and multiball to it?

#2046 4 years ago

I carved a niche for MMR months ago. I'm fine with the delay, but my topper is glowing mad!

DSC00027-887.JPG DSC00031.jpg
#2047 4 years ago

Well. Between the shake up at Dutch Pinball, Stern screwing LE owners, Nordman leaving highway pinball in an odd manner, all of a sudden MMR is the least controversial project out there

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well. Between the shake up at Dutch Pinball, Stern screwing LE owners, Nordman leaving highway pinball in an odd manner, all of a sudden MMR is the least controversial project out there

LOL, hardly.

#2049 4 years ago

3 weeks until your predator arrives...

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

3 weeks until your Predator arrives...

Plus all the other games he's got coming to him thanks to "pink slip" bets. Going to be a busy New Year's day at Whysnow's place!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medinah, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
$ 89.99
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 9.10
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 399.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside