image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.
#1501 9 years ago

OT

i put banana yellow legs on my Q*bert's Quest pin, and it looks like part of the original design.
the sound of it is horrible, but once on, it's just a perfect fit.
also put on yellow rubber feet stoppers

legs-before-after-1.jpglegs-before-after-1.jpg

#1502 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

BTW,
based on this scientific calculation you have, how many Predators do you think are currently still sold... (ie pre-paid - minus those refunded and/or waiting on refunds)? 100? 125?

My sources say Whysnow's sources say they've sold 500 of the 250 available Predators. And don't even ask about the wait list, you can't count that high.

#1503 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

This is an article I read Saturday n a 2006 Game room magazine. Hmmmm

20141115_124756.jpg 115 KB

20141115_124747.jpg 153 KB

20141115_130019.jpg 191 KB

Yeah, preorders on Wayne's remake project had to buy the lh and rh ramp split steel pieces that were riveted to those ramps . We had to buy them from Marco or whomever had them and mail them to Wayne in Australia. Which I did. Never got my $20 back for those. Lol.

#1504 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

BTW,
based on this scientific calculation you have, how many Predators do you think are currently still sold... (ie pre-paid - minus those refunded and/or waiting on refunds)? 100? 125?

ass.jpg 20 KB

Well, one PRED paid in full here. But that's for another thread.

#1505 9 years ago

A lot of people doubted PPS, but they came through (it seems). I think this will be a great game and the UL listing will be much appreciated years from now, even though it caused a few months delay. I believe this will be a high quality game and the start of something great. From all indications, PPS did not skimp on quality like some other manufacturers. Time will tell, but I am looking forward to getting my MMR from pinballcompany.

#1506 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, one PRED paid in full here. But that's for another thread.

Yeah nothing against Predator (at least not on my part) just tweaking Whysnow for the striking difference in his stance on the various issues that have arisen with these two preorders.

#1507 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

A lot of people doubted PPS, but they came through (it seems).

I don't think very many people doubted PPS would get this done and I think there was little doubt that MMR would be a success, especially after Roger gave it the thumbs up for WMS.

The delays were more likely caused by CG underestimating cycle times for parts of the production process, including what it would take to get UL approval. Pretty sure Rich said as much in a post somewhere.

#1508 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't think very many people doubted PPS .

Read back through some of the forum posts....people wanting their deposits back, etc.

#1509 9 years ago

So, 24th or **December 1st** on Sterns line, seems most likely at this point, given the current status. I'm leaning towards Dec.1st that way thanksgiving wouldn't get in the way. I would hope Gary closes the factory during thanksgiving I hate those businesses that stay open that day and avoid those stores.

Again does any one know if you purchased directly through PPS who they are using to ship the games and how much that's going to cost ? I'm asking because I bought mine directly from PPS and not a distributor.

#1510 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah nothing against Predator (at least not on my part) just tweaking Whysnow for the striking difference in his stance on the various issues that have arisen with these two preorders.

Understood, hence my

It's all cool. Whysnow is a neverending plethora of good and bad entertainment.

#1511 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

So, 24th or **December 1st** on Sterns line, seems most likely at this point, given the current status. I'm leaning towards Dec.1st that way thanksgiving wouldn't get in the way. I would hope Gary closes the factory during thanksgiving I hate those businesses that stay open that day and avoid those stores.
Again does any one know if you purchased directly through PPS who they are using to ship the games and how much that's going to cost ? I'm asking because I bought mine directly from PPS and not a distributor.

Factory is moving. two to three week shutdown to move the equiptment. Don't forget that little tidbit.

#1512 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Factory is moving. two to three week shutdown to move the equiptment. Don't forget that little tidbit.

That is supposed to happen in February. Lets hope this is done by then.

#1513 9 years ago

So, UL is done and it was stated by Rick that it would be 2 weeks +/- before the start of production. This one time, how nice would it be, if it was the rare - and not the +?

#1514 9 years ago

Could someone post a pict of the New MMr

#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, UL is done and it was stated by Rick that it would be 2 weeks +/- before the start of production. This one time, how nice would it be, if it was the rare - and not the +?

I agree its always better to give a promise date at the long end of the expectation, and please people by coming in ahead of schedule.

#1516 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That was the lead time for the parts.

#1517 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

I agree its always better to give a promise date at the long end of the expectation, and please people by coming in ahead of schedule.

That ship sailed long ago on this project.

#1518 9 years ago

And production. It's my understanding the only thing keeping production from happening are those parts that were stuck in UL. Once they have those, production should start.

Quoted from jfh:

That was the lead time for the parts.

#1519 9 years ago

Speaking of parts...I would imagine it make more sense for Stern to pump the games out on the current line ; or opposed to moving all the parts and use MMRLEs as a guinea pig at the newer factory. If these games get made at Sterns newer factory lots of speculation will form, frankly I don't care but ultimately I just want my game to be delivered with the highest quality yet I would at this point appreciate it to be expedited in any way possible.

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Speaking of parts...I would imagine it make more sense for Stern to pump the games out on the current line ; or opposed to moving all the parts and use MMRLEs as a guinea pig at the newer factory. If these games get made at Sterns newer factory lots of speculation will form, frankly I don't care but ultimately I just want my game to be delivered with the highest quality yet I would at this point appreciate it to be expedited in any way possible.

No one can afford for MMr to come out anything less than perfect. It would be bad for Stern's reputation and Rick wont allow inferior production methods. They will do the right thing.

#1521 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

Read back through some of the forum posts....people wanting their deposits back, etc.

Many of those had no doubts about PPS, they just decided to buy something else in the meantime. The pinball world didn't stand still waiting for MMRs to be produced.

#1522 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

No one can afford for MMr to come out anything less than perfect. It would be bad for Stern's reputation and Rick wont allow inferior production methods. They will do the right thing.

no pinball machine ever made has come off the line perfect. there will be little problems, guaranteed. let's not get our expectations out of line with reality.

#1523 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Many of those had no doubts about PPS, they just decided to buy something else in the meantime. The pinball world didn't stand still waiting for MMRs to be produced.

Like original MMs that suddenly became affordable to more people.

#1524 9 years ago

I would imagine that PPS didnt stock pile transformers (the one that got UL "listed")....so would that mean he has to wait on the manufacturer for the new approved transformers to be made and shipped? Delivery couldnt come fast enough for me.

#1525 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I would imagine that PPS didnt stock pile Transformers (the one that got UL "listed")....so would that mean he has to wait on the manufacturer for the new approved Transformers to be made and shipped? Delivery couldnt come fast enough for me.

pretty sure they had the revised transformer ready to go but were waiting for UL approval to mass produce it and ship it to Stern.

#1526 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I would imagine that PPS didnt stock pile Transformers (the one that got UL "listed")....so would that mean he has to wait on the manufacturer for the new approved Transformers to be made and shipped? Delivery couldnt come fast enough for me.

Rick said a while ago that there would just be a week or two lead time to get the transformer production rolling and supplying the line.

#1527 9 years ago
#1528 9 years ago

o-din ... the mfg made a few of the updated transformers for UL. They got tested, then when UL passed then the full order got made. I have no clue otherwise what you are saying.

#1529 9 years ago
#1530 9 years ago

Rick perhaps you can chime in are your MMRLEs going on Sterns existing line or at the new location when they move ?!

#1531 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Rick perhaps you can chime in are your MMRLEs going on Sterns existing line or at the new location when they move ?!

They'll be running on the 'second' line they were setting up at the current facility when the expo tour went through. They're not going to wait until after February to start building them.

#1532 9 years ago

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that that these aren't going to be built out of the new facility.

#1533 9 years ago

So ... a) Stern has already setup a 2nd line at the current location, MMRs will run there and if Stern so decides they can also run them on the primary line, b) Stern is not moving for several months that I am aware of, c) When they do move, they be on whatever line(s) they create in the new factory ...

I think the answers were already known, so I'm trying to answer all of the other variations of the questions that could come up (again).

#1534 9 years ago

When is he first game expected to ship with the new manufacturing timeline of +|-
2 weeks for all parts to arrive?

#1535 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

m trying to answer all of the other variations of the questions that could come up

Good luck with that, This is Pinside you know.

#1536 9 years ago

when Stern and CGC have everything ready to go ... they will go.

#1537 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

when Stern and CGC have everything ready to go ... they will go.

So no clue then?

#1538 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So no clue then?

Next year. Once December hits Stern shuts down. They inventory in Dec every year. Add the move and you think they are will to start a new line of games?

#1539 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Next year. Once December hits Stern shuts down. They inventory in Dec every year. Add the move and you think they are will to start a new line of games?

Don't know ...if there is money on the table most places work it out.
How many businesses now do a rolling inventory - meaning inventory as inventory is leaving at the same time. You simply adjust at the end of the day for items "sold" or used.
Doesn't seem too difficult to me. Also are the items truly Sterns or are the CCoins stuff anyway?

#1540 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So no clue then?

i've given way too many 'clues', so the only thing I cannot predict with certainty is the future, but I'm sure that everyone here knows that.

#1541 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

obviously you do not know what you are talking about.

#1542 9 years ago

When will "XXXXXXX XXXX" Remake be announced ? aka ... the next remake ?

#1543 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When will "XXXXXXX XXXX" Remake be announced ?

No, its definitely.....XXXXXX XXXX XXXX (please)

#1544 9 years ago

my vote is for XXX XXXX XXX.

#1545 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, its definitely.....XXXXXX XXXX XXXX (please)

or... It could be "XXX XXXX XXX" OR.... "XXXXXX XXXXXX"

#1546 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

my vote is for XXX XXXX XXX.

ironically enough that is a very "xxx" game

#1547 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is actually pretty easy to get a rough estimate of BOM for building a pinball machine if you are even remotely in any circle and paying attention. This is a pinball forum where actual pinheads like to discuss fun things like "how much do you think it costs to build a game?" I know you like to think it is all about you and that we are all obsessed with PPS, but trust me we are just obsessed with pinball in general
I don't even need to come up with a BOM to know that you are making bank on MMr.
It really comes down to you are a savvy and by many accounts, cutthroat, businessman.
If Stern can develop and build a completely new machine every 4 months from ground up and charge less than 5k (while paying artists and designer and... that comes with actually making a completely new game), then I sure hope you are able to remake a game that is 20 years old and already had the vast majority of parts already engineered/designed for even less than they can.
If Spooky can develop and build a new company and new machines on a small scale from the ground up and change less than 6k...
Basically, if you are not making at least 3k profit per MMr then I am going to have to second guess how savvy of a businessman you really are.
Nothing wrong with making an honest buck, but seems silly to try and come on a hobby forum and attempt to down play your profits to the people buying the games while essentially not even providing any real info.
Glad you are finally getting games out the door soon and making lots of people happy that want them.
When do you expect to have the last LE delivered?
When will the first LE be delivered?
What games are being made first/delivered first?

Why does anyone give a crap what he makes? I'm stoked a get a NIB of one of my grail machines that was looking more like it was going to be a $15K check if I wanted to get one remotely close to new about 8 months ago. He is gambling on something new and unique in its own right, and deserves to make money. Not like he's doing this in his garage, there are startup costs and money that has to be raised in order to bring this to reality. Some of you folks must have never owned a business and have no comprehension about RISK/REWARD. Thats what this is all about. Look it up.

#1548 9 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

Why does anyone give a crap what he makes? I'm stoked a get a NIB of one of my grail machines that was looking more like it was going to be a $15K check if I wanted to get one remotely close to new about a minute before he announced this. He is gambling on something new and unique in its own right, and deserves to make money. Not like he's doing this in his garage, there are startup costs and money that has to be raised in order to bring this to reality. Some of you folks must have never owned a business and have no comprehension about RISK/REWARD. Thats what this is all about. Look it up.

Who is "he"?

#1549 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

obviously you do not know what you are talking about.

You're so right, Stern has only been doing the December inventory for years. Can you have the project manager for MMR post from here out? 2nd quarter 14 ring a bell? Who doesn't know what they're talking about??

Post edited by 2RustyBalls

#1550 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

've given way too many 'clues', so the only thing I cannot predict with certainty is the future, but I'm sure that everyone here knows that.

Arrogant! I'm sure all the cancelations are a mystery also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.