Topic Stats

• 5,504 posts
  • 428 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 306 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MMR-BlackA.jpg
adams3.jpg
image.jpg
IMG951691.jpg
Stern_Kiss_update.jpg
the big lebowski In-N-Out Burger.jpg
IMAG5605.jpg
vacation (1).JPG
image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg

There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 111.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

300 per week came right from the Stern video from a news agency someone posted last week. It came right from the source.

Gold trim MMR under the Christmas Tree!!

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

300 per week sounds like a stretch, but I bet they can do 150 a week.

60 a day on the real Stern line is a good number. The other "line" AKA storage area, that's yet to be seen running anything other than mice.

#1403 4 years ago

Gold is being run first so maybe. Though, I think production will ramp up. I wouldn't expect more than 50 or so games per week for the first couple. I'm just making that up though, I have no idea.

#1404 4 years ago

60 per day is Stern's max capacity based on the numbers they told abc7 Chicago a week ago... I'm not sure how many lines they run, but there is only one dedicated to MMR/PPS.... My guess is they will be able to produce a max of about 50 MMR per week... My bet is that 100 will be produced before Christmas and of those 50 will be delivered in time for Christmas... Just my guess but honestly who cares? If you've pre-ordered you know it won't be long now and you know it's gonna feel like Christmas the day it arrives!

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

300 per week came right from the Stern video from a news agency someone posted last week. It came right from the source.

MMR is only one of their lines, though, right?

#1406 4 years ago

#1407 4 years ago
#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder how long after they leave Stern and go back to Chicago Gaming for inspection and packaging before they are ready to hit the road.

more UL testing before packaging

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

Gold trim MMR under the Christmas Tree!!

Yeah very likely as Rick said Gold was going to be sent out first with some Black... Being that Gold was ultimately the dominant color of choice. Even if I need to wait another week I suppose I'm ok with that.

#1410 4 years ago

i'm gunna play the living bleep outta this machine.
tron is going to be v-e-r-y jealous for a while.

#1411 4 years ago

can't wait for the massive wave of MODS for MMRLE.

#1412 4 years ago

With the TWDLE's done, can't Stern just run both lines and bang them out?

#1413 4 years ago

Rick told me in a email first to pay gets there game first ? I paid in full in July and I ordered the original trim so how's that work.

#1414 4 years ago

i gave my money to Jack a million years ago ... who knows though, since he is just the middle man there.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Right but Stern will be building more than just MMr so I would guess that 150 MMr per week would be doing pretty good.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Right but Stern will be building more than just MMr so I would guess that 150 MMr per week would be doing pretty good.

Yep, they have to pump out LOTRVE on one of the lines.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i gave my money to Jack a million years ago ... who knows though, since he is just the middle man there.

Ha! I paid about the same time you did, about a million years ago . . . +/- a decade or two!

(See how restrained I was? I only used two exclamation marks in the above!!!!!!!!!)

#1418 4 years ago

Congrats to PPS and everyone still waiting for MMR.

Don't see how many get games before Christmas, but sure hope the elves can give Stern a little help.

#1419 4 years ago

It' going to be a great Gold MMR Christmas. Hope the freight outfits are unless to get stuff out with all the crappy weather.......

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

more UL testing before packaging

More UL testing on the packaging..

#1421 4 years ago

Any word on whether there will be any non LE MMR's produced? Has that actually been released and have any sold?

#1422 4 years ago

Why not just use the Stern deep fat turkey fryer?

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any word on whether there will be any non LE MMR's produced? Has that actually been released and have any sold?

No production MMr's have been produced yet, period. They're going to start now that they have UL approval. When the LEs all sell through, they'll produce Standard versions.

#1425 4 years ago

UL testing is complete, Rick says the line should start up in a couple of weeks+/-,
Can't wait to get mine!!!!

#1426 4 years ago

Nothing like the smell of pinball in the morning...

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No production MMr's have been produced yet, period. They're going to start now that they have UL approval. When the LEs all sell through, they'll produce Standard versions.

Wonder if there will be enough demand after the 1000 Le's? Have the LE's sold out?

#1428 4 years ago

They sold out within hours at expo2013, but in the year since, many people have gotten refunds. I don't think all 1000 LEs are currently sold, but sales may pick back up once games start hitting the street.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if there will be enough demand after the 1000 Le's? Have the LE's sold out?

depends on what you mean by sold out. all sold out from PPS's perspective and all sold out from the distributors perspective are two different things.

#1430 4 years ago
#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Plenty of LEs seem to be available at all the distributors. From all accounts it is far from sold out. Timing is everything and too many new choices it seems in current times compared to 1 year ago.

My best guesstimate is only ~600 LEs currently sold.

Glad those that are in on this title will apparently be getting it soon.

Is there further payment required or are all LE owners paid in full at this time? I am curious if we can expect more other games being dumped from collections as people make space/get funds for a final MMr payment.

#1432 4 years ago

I wonder who the first MMr owner to achieve Barnyard multiball will be

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Plenty of LEs seem to be available at all the distributors. From all accounts it is far from sold out. Timing is everything and too many new choices it seems in current times compared to 1 year ago.
Is there further payment required or are all LE owners paid in full at this time? I am curious if we can expect more other games being dumped from collections as people make space/get funds for a final MMr payment.

if there really are only 600 people buying one, and the vast majority of those are already paid, then the effect on the market will be negligible. certainly less effect than any Stern title.

#1435 4 years ago

Maybe. We don't know anything about that right now. All we know is that there is an MMR line. If they finish running TWD, can they use the other line as well? Nobody knows right now.

Quoted from pezpunk:

MMR is only one of their lines, though, right?

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Who knows. There was immense demand for this title because it's always rated #1. It's a game almost everyone wants. Newbs look at Top 10 lists and see that it's #1…that's why they kept getting gobbled up and prices shot up as inventory dwindled. Now there will be inventory…anyone who wants one can. I always remind people, look long term…what has sold NOW is irrelevant. The "pinball hardcore" have pre-ordered. Once it's out and about …perhaps marketed more, and normal people know of its existence, it could stay in production for years.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who knows. There was immense demand for this title because it's always rated #1. It's a game almost everyone wants. Newbs look at Top 10 lists and see that it's #1…that's why they kept getting gobbled up and prices shot up as inventory dwindled. Now there will be inventory…anyone who wants one can. I always remind people, look long term…what has sold NOW is irrelevant. The "pinball hardcore" have pre-ordered. Once it's out and about …perhaps marketed more, and normal people know of its existence, it could stay in production for years.

I love mine... Play it all the time!

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not been asked for payment yet. When I am might have to sell something

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So now that UL testing is complete, will they also be testing the new parts that arrive as a result of that testing to make sure those are of the same standards?

UL is for the whole machine, not just the transformer. I'm sure many parts as well as the whole machine was tested (eg spill test), but not sure what you mean by testing of new parts. From UL standpoint they comply, but how the compare to the original parts is probably not relevant for them (except for aspects relevant for UL)

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would be interested in how you came up with that number. Have you asked all the resellers how many allocated games they have left to sell?

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I would be interested in how you came up with that number. Have you asked all the resellers how many allocated games they have left to sell?

i think he got that number from the same place he got PPS's BOM for MMRLE. (i.e. see below)

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

fark_FlSyOyvi5Z4h1QDoJVsOjP76l9A.jpg

#1443 4 years ago

ha

#1444 4 years ago

There's a MMR at the Australian Expo. Gold trim actually looks better than I thought, but a bit flat. Hopefully get to play it tonight or tomorrow. It looks good, but there was a large crack in the front left corner of the cabinet? Not sure how that could have happened. Its near the corner joint.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a MMR at the Australian Expo. Gold trim actually looks better than I thought, but a bit flat. Hopefully get to play it tonight or tomorrow. It looks good, but there was a large crack in the front left corner of the cabinet? Not sure how that could have happened. Its near the corner joint.

It was probably done by "human burgers".

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm waiting on my Predator refund to pay off my MMr.

#1447 4 years ago

I know PPS has a policy on selling prices on mmr, is it fair to say that if a distributor buys a few extra games and after production of LE and standad's is done they can price them whatever they want ?

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

A conglomerate of information that all arrives at somewhere around that number. It is a best guesstimate based on this:

The # of pinheads I knew that were originally in but ended up getting refunds or bailing. I knew ~16 people that paid a deposit in on day 1, and now only 7 of those people are still in. This is a small direct sample size but likely similar results in other groups from what has been said by others

Then I saw threads like the poll taken here which indicated that 49% of all preorders ended up bailing. This adds to an idea that ~50% of the original 1000 orders have jumped out. I can only assume that some other have jumped in to fill some of those vacated spots.

Since then, I have talked with a few distributors I know and called a few others to see if any were giving price breaks. They have all indicated they have many MMrLE available, but no price breaks at this time.

At expo I overheard someone directly involved in the project whom was talking too loudly and they were discussing numbers of LEs available.

I recently hung out with a friend that hangs out with some employees directly involved in the project and we talked about MMr. This verified my estimates with what I was guessing.

Some other things go into the guesstimate but they all arrive on there same conclusion for me which is that there are lots of MMrLE available. I assume that the speed of Stern building will be a BIG advantage for PPS as there will be some new excitement once games are coming off the line and others can opt to purchase an already built game. This will likely result in a short term increase in sales to help get more LEs accounted for.

Biggest thing is that I am super stoked for those of you that are in on the game and look forward to you all getting what YOU want!

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A conglomerate of information that all arrives at somewhere around that number. It is a best guesstimate based on this:
The # of pinheads I knew that were originally in but ended up getting refunds or bailing. I knew ~16 people that paid a deposit in on day 1, and now only 7 of those people are still in. This is a small direct sample size but likely similar results in other groups from what has been said by others
Then I saw threads like the poll taken here which indicated that 49% of all preorders ended up bailing. This adds to an idea that ~50% of the original 1000 orders have jumped out. I can only assume that some other have jumped in to fill some of those vacated spots.
Since then, I have talked with a few distributors I know and called a few others to see if any were giving price breaks. They have all indicated they have many MMrLE available, but no price breaks at this time.
At expo I overheard someone directly involved in the project whom was talking too loudly and they were discussing numbers of LEs available.
I recently hung out with a friend that hangs out with some employees directly involved in the project and we talked about MMr. This verified my estimates with what I was guessing.
Some other things go into the guesstimate but they all arrive on there same conclusion for me which is that there are lots of MMrLE available. I assume that the speed of Stern building will be a BIG advantage for PPS as there will be some new excitement once games are coming off the line and others can opt to purchase an already built game. This will likely result in a short term increase in sales to help get more LEs accounted for.
Biggest thing is that I am super stoked for those of you that are in on the game and look forward to you all getting what YOU want!

I spoke with a distributor that is paying over retail to fill request he has for MMr from customers that now want in.

#1450 4 years ago

It'd be funny if he did only sell 1000 overall like when he first wasn't sure he could. The price was too high for what he was offering. If I bring $8k to the magical pinball store, I have so many options for $8k-8500. I don't think I'd leave with a MM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 5504 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 111.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside