image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 111.
#1351 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Chicago Gaming is building all the cabinets and playfields at their facility and transporting them over to Stern for assembly. Neither of those two components would be impacted by UL issues and I have to believe there is a fair amount of lead time on each one. If they are shooting for 2014 shouldn't there be pictures of that production process already cranking those out?

No because neither place is going to warehouse the cabs. its not cost effective, pins will be build when everything is available, get it in the building, then out as fast as possible.

#1352 9 years ago

Guys ... MMR has it's own separate line at Stern ... we can start and stop at any time independent of what stern is or is not doing ... games don't sit around anywhere, noone wants inventory sitting ... nobody is waiting for any factory move ... where do people come up with this stuff ...

rick

#1353 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

where do people come up with this stuff ...

The Law of Information Flow

"Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance."

If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.

#1354 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

noone wants inventory sitting

Who is this "noone", and why does he/she want inventory sitting?!

#1355 9 years ago

noone.jpegnoone.jpeg

#1356 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Chicago Gaming is building all the cabinets and playfields at their facility and transporting them over to Stern for assembly. Neither of those two components would be impacted by UL issues and I have to believe there is a fair amount of lead time on each one. If they are shooting for 2014 shouldn't there be pictures of that production process already cranking those out?

Since they are already set up to provide Stern with cabinets and playfields on a just-in-time type basis, I'm guessing it won't be a problem. Hopefully since Stern has a number of games in production at any time they will be to quickly move to MMR when it's finally ready.

#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The Law of Information Flow
"Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance."
If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.

PPS hasn't figured this one out, which seems to be why the natives are now getting restless over on the PPS forums.

It seems pretty obvious that the majority of buyers aren't likely to see their games before 2015, yet that seems to be the elephant in the room no one wants to acknowledge.

#1358 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... MMR has it's own separate line at Stern ... we can start and stop at any time independent of what stern is or is not doing ... games don't sit around anywhere, noone wants inventory sitting ... nobody is waiting for any factory move ... where do people come up with this stuff ...
rick

Can you have the jelly bean guessing jar the person that guesses the date closest gets a cool prize like a plastic promo catapult set for MM. I'm gonna say December 1st.

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Can you have the jelly bean guessing jar the person that guesses the date closest gets a cool prize like a plastic promo catapult set for MM. I'm gonna say December 1st.

Shouldn't it be jelly belly's?

#1360 9 years ago

I'd sure like a MMR to play on Christmas morning. Hint, hint.

#1361 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

uh yes they do

Quoted from Rarehero:

Obviously.

image.jpg 110 KB

So this whole thing got me thinking and three questions came up...

1. if Stern already has UL listed transformer, why not just use/buy the transformer from Stern and use that.

2. now that the transformer is UL listed, can CGC/PPS use the same transformer in any future games?

3. Does this mean the games can be produced now that it is released for production?

#1362 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

So this whole thing got me thinking and three questions came up...
1. if Stern already has UL listed transformer, why not just use/buy the transformer from Stern and use that.

I'm no expert, I believe the whole game is "UL Listed", not just the transformer

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

1. Probably different voltage outputs. And Stern assembling doesn't provide UL approval.

2. Yes.

LTG : )™

#1365 9 years ago

turkey fryers. Yikes. I have always wanted to cook a turkey that way, but I think I'll pass.

Bring on the MMR's - I'm ready!

#1366 9 years ago
Quoted from rad:

turkey fryers. Yikes. I have always wanted to cook a turkey that way, but I think I'll pass.

They are being a bit dramatic.. you don't need full fire gear

#1367 9 years ago

MM has a chicken in the game close enough to being on topic I suppose.

"Bakawww"... After being launched in the catapult.

#1368 9 years ago
Quoted from rad:

I've fried a turkey many times. You just have to be very careful. I use Alton Brown's method to stay safe. I use a ladder and a pulley system to raise and lower the bird from a distance, I have a backup with an extinguisher standing nearby, etc. The results are amazing.

#1369 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

You mean right now or once it starts or ... Could the second line at stern be "yours" long term? The implication is that stern will not use this second line for their own production...

That would be VERY exciting

#1370 9 years ago

On the 2nd line only new workers are doing the job. And on the first line the real proffesionals are building pins.

Sorry, cant bring up a better new moan option. Cause this is looking good. For future remakes too.

Pps on the right track, thanks to stern.

#1371 9 years ago
#1372 9 years ago

Cornballer got UL approval?

The Cornballer:

#1373 9 years ago

UL approved!mf_ddp_large.jpgmf_ddp_large.jpg

#1374 9 years ago

Woo Hoo! UL is done! Games will start to be built in a couple weeks!

#1375 9 years ago

Awesome news!!!!!!

#1376 9 years ago

My Christmas Wish comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its as my AC/DC premium pinball machine Christmas Wish of 2012 all over again revisited.

O'Din you old Grinch.....

#1377 9 years ago
#1378 9 years ago

From PPS forum

UL is done! Now onto final parts that were held up waiting UL and final preps to get this dam thing on the line ... couple of weeks.

rick

#1379 9 years ago

Get started on CC, at this pace I'll send payment in a year or two.

#1380 9 years ago

UL! UL! UL!
dancing fruit.gifdancing fruit.gif

#1381 9 years ago

I still don't see how it will be delivered by Christmas. The earliest it will start at Stern is Dec 1. I would be very surprised if it makes it. We are still looking at 2015 I would think.

#1382 9 years ago

I'm guessing I'll be lucky to see my MMr by March.

Even then, I'll be a happy camper.

#1383 9 years ago

Nobody knows dick till they hear from Rick!

#1384 9 years ago

LOL

#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nobody knows dick till they hear from Rick!

Are you saying Rick knows Dick?

#1386 9 years ago
#1387 9 years ago

No ones life is richer until they hear from Richard.

#1388 9 years ago

ill be happy with my original .... cc would be nice though

#1389 9 years ago

Great news, time to pop the cork!

partying.gifpartying.gif
#1390 9 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

No ones life is richer until they hear from Richard.

I think you meant to say noones life!

#1391 9 years ago

Your right Rob.

#1392 9 years ago

4784562_std.jpg4784562_std.jpg

#1393 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1394 9 years ago

It won't be long now until this thread can be officially officially resolved! Congrats to all you have hung in there. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

#1395 9 years ago

people are acting like a year is a long time, with only 6 months of delay in there.. how soon we forget what a real slipped schedule looks like

#1396 9 years ago

My TWDLE has a October 31st manufactured date on the back and I had it at my door in Phoenix November 10. It is possible so I am staying Mr. Optimist as our Great President Ronald Reagan, and with some good luck the MMRLE by Christmas!!

Either way, thanks PPS for doing what you do. One hope is the shaker motor is included in the machine.....

#1397 9 years ago

If the line starts in 2 weeks, lets say Dec 1 start date.
I think I read Stern can produce 250 units per month. Assuming there are about 900 orders, that means 200 people get theirs by Christmas. The last wait until mid March 2015.

#1398 9 years ago

There are 1,000 orders and Stern can produce 300 games per week not 250 per month. It doesn't mean they will but they can.

#1399 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There are 1,000 orders and Stern can produce 300 games per week not 250 per month.

300 per week sounds like a stretch, but I bet they can do 150 a week.

#1400 9 years ago

300 per week came right from the Stern video from a news agency someone posted last week. It came right from the source.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.