image-86.jpg
image-448.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-347.jpg
image-880.jpg
image-973.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-811.jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 111.
#1301 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any chance there being built and were all going to be surprised? Ha ha

I'm going to go with "no".

Bad news is that anyone expecting their game by Thanksgiving (and probably Christmas) is going to be disappointed.

Good news is that you are apparently getting a better quality translite than originally planned.

Better news is that the UL approval is hopefully just a one time pain that won't be an issue for future titles.

Look at the bright side - PPS has had all this extra time to work on the software to colorize the display, so maybe there will be a surprise when the game ships.

#1302 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, they should just stop UL testing? What is your point?

If they are not legally required to get UL testing, I'm sure they have a requirement from their insurance company. If they sell them without the UL testing and there is a problem, it would be a huge liability.

#1303 9 years ago

Most states and local municipalities have some requirement that products are tested before they can be sold. While it isn't necessary to get UL specifically to test your product, you do need some nationally/internationally recognized laboratory to do this testing.

#1304 9 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

If they are not legally required to get UL testing, I'm sure they have a requirement from their insurance company. If they sell them without the UL testing and there is a problem, it would be a huge liability.

In another MMR thread, someone thought that UL approval was sought that MMR was going to be classified a consumer product rather than a commercial one. That was also one line of thought as to why the coin mech were actually dropped (no mechs = not designed to be operated commercially). Of all the wild theories about their removal, this one sounds reasonable on the surface.

It would be interesting to know what the reasoning was behind getting UL approval.

Post edited by jfh: Stern does get UL approval

#1305 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It would be interesting to know what the reasoning was behind getting UL approval. It's certainly a nice thing to have, but obviously Stern doesn't require it.

Obviously.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1306 9 years ago

You wont see any modern device that plugs into the wall without UL.

#1307 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

but obviously Stern doesn't require it.

uh yes they do

#1308 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, they should just stop UL testing? What is your point?

No not at all. I think it's great that Rick is doing the UL. I guess after the whole WoZ saga of the countless delays and reasons for the delays it just seems like deja vu! Although I dropped out of MMr I am hoping this is a success as I will like to have a MM some day! Just disappointing to see yet another pinball manufacturer miss their commitment but I guess this is the norm these days.

Different topic/question....we have all seen that MMr was on the assembly line at Stern so I wonder what they're doing at this point. Are they continuing production and stock piling the machines and once the transformer passes the UL tests do they just put them in the waiting machines and box them up or has production been put on hold awaiting the testing to complete??

#1309 9 years ago

I don't want a pinball machine that doesn't have UL approval.

#1310 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Whew. I had to fix that for you.

Good for you! I go into shock every time I see these horrible grammar errors! That goes for the 'their' and 'there' too!

#1311 9 years ago

MMR is not on the assembly line at Stern. What was demo'd during Expo was the MMR assembly line, the game was not being run. The line has produced test games and will be ready to be run 2-3 weeks after UL approval is reached.

Quoted from meSz:

Different topic/question....we have all seen that MMr was on the assembly line at Stern so I wonder what they're doing at this point.

#1312 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Does Spooky have it?

#1313 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Whew. I had to fix that for you.

grammer--.jpggrammer--.jpg
#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any chance there being built and were all going to be surprised? Ha ha

I think the answer is yes.
There is a quick glimpse of the machine in the stern factory in this news video.
http://abc7chicago.com/hobbies/made-in-chicagoland-stern-pinball/383772/

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

#1315 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does Spooky have it?

I can only see Stern in UL online database, so maybe not?

#1316 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does Spooky have it?

Well that's a good question and I don't have the answer. But, I am not buying a spooky game at the moment and only concerned about a game I am buying from PPS.

#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Again it must be understood UL does NOT provide approval on anything, they will "LIST" items that meet or exceed their standards, so the label states "UL LISTED" and will never say "UL APPROVED" The term "approved" is not in their vocabulary.

#1318 9 years ago

UL will only add items to their list that meet their approval

#1319 9 years ago
Quoted from Out-West:

Again it must be understood UL does NOT provide approval on anything, they will "LIST" items that meet or exceed their standards, so the label states "UL LISTED" and will never say "UL APPROVED" The term "approved" is not in their vocabulary.

Check...
Semantics....?

I want any electrical device that gets plugged into my house to be UL Listed...

#1320 9 years ago
Quoted from Out-West:

happygilmore.jpghappygilmore.jpg
#1321 9 years ago

Sorry, didn't realize Stern machines got UL approval. I didn't see the sticker on my STLE.

#1322 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry, didn't realize Stern machines got UL approval. I didn't see the sticker on my STLE.

The funny part was when you said "obviously".

#1323 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The funny part was when you said "obviously".

Yeah, my bad. But I went downstairs just now to look for a UL sticker and didn't see one. But nice to know there is supposed to be one.

#1324 9 years ago

My optimistic perspective is PPS is waiting to have all LE deliveries by Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone.....Merry Christmas!!!!!

Its a Wonderful Life.........................

BTW: Christmas is already UL Listed and FM Approved.

#1325 9 years ago
#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, my bad. But I went downstairs just now to look for a UL sticker and didn't see one. But nice to know there is supposed to be one.

The picture I took was from my STLE. Yours is gonna blow up!

#1327 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The picture I took was from my STLE. Yours is gonna blow up!

Not anytime soon. I have no power on that wall of my gameroom at the moment ...

#1328 9 years ago

Would be happy to hear things are UL listed and production has started. So far we have not heard much.

#1329 9 years ago

New update on the ops forum. Transformer testing done, still waiting on final UL.

#1330 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

New update on the ops forum. Transformer testing done, still waiting on final UL.

Also according to PPS latest post on the PPS forum Rick said..."next couple of days"... hmmm.....

But then recognizes his optimism... with the harsh current repetitive reality "but i've been saying that for awhile ;-("

I hope it happens sooner than later ! we all know it's on the cusp. I'm thinking production will start officially Monday November 17th.

#1331 9 years ago

UL sucks. Christ, this not a fancy new coffee maker. It's an effin pinball transformer that's been the same for 20 years.

#1332 9 years ago
#1333 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Also according to PPS latest post on the PPS forum Rick said..."next couple of days"... hmmm.....
But then recognizes his optimism... with the harsh current repetitive reality "but i've been saying that for awhile ;-("
I hope it happens sooner than later ! we all know it's on the cusp. I'm thinking production will start officially Monday November 17th.

This only makes sense since Stern just finished all TWDLE's.

#1334 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps.

Made_in_China_220V_12V_power_tra... 58 KB

I'll go with not UL Listed for $500.00 Alex.....

#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This only makes sense since Stern just finished all TWDLE's.

Except that would assume PPS/CG already has UL approval and has ordered the parts.

Don't see how they start MMR on Monday otherwise.

#1337 9 years ago

I see light at the end of the tunnel...

#1338 9 years ago

Sounds like aproval ,cough factory move is coming up soon.

#1339 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll go with not UL Listed for $500.00 Alex.....

Funny as hell! And Odin, you never cease to amaze me with the pictures and 'info' you post! You are one of my favorite people to follow. I read all your posts on the EM threads.

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I see light at the end of the tunnel...

I can't even see the tunnel!

#1340 9 years ago
#1341 9 years ago

I am still in, but now after a foot of snow I will have no way of getting the game into my lower level until spring. I do not want to store in the garage until april or may. I paid in full in July because production was going to start. But as we all know, it never did. Please give us in Minnesota a heat wave and a delivery before the end of November!!!

#1342 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Interesting ...Stern hasn't moved into their new facility yet correct ? I don't know if it would make sense to move all of the parts / inventory over specifically for MMRLE, they probably just want to pump them out and be done with it. I think they have most if not all parts on hand and already did test runs of MMR in their current facility.

If not November 17th for production to start I'm going to say indefinitely December 1st at the latest for them to at least start. That way I would guess they would want to avoid being closed during thanksgiving during the 24th-28th... Perhaps that would be the prep week. I'm also guessing that if the latest production start is Dec. 1st MOST would get their games before the year ends.

#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Please give us in Minnesota a heat wave and a delivery before the end of November!

A heat wave in Minnesota in January is 1 week in which the temperature does not dip below 0.

#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I am still in, but now after a foot of snow I will have no way of getting the game into my lower level until spring. I do not want to store in the garage until april or may. I paid in full in July because production was going to start. But as we all know, it never did. Please give us in Minnesota a heat wave and a delivery before the end of November!!!

Yeah! I already have 4+ inches or so. Luckily, I have a tuck under so I can load it in there, then bring it in. Well if you need help, I'll bring the snow blower, we'll blow you a big ass path. May take a few hours if we have feet of snow...but we have team work on our side

north-dakota-jan2011.jpgnorth-dakota-jan2011.jpg
#1345 9 years ago

I don't know anything about the UL process, I'm not going to pretend I do like some other people. But I do know there are going to be 1,001 really happy people when this thing finally starts shipping. Nobody will be happier than Rick.

#1346 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Interesting ...Stern hasn't moved into their new facility yet correct ?

Planned for February if I recall

#1347 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Planned for February if I recall

I don't think I can be patient that long IF that's when MMRLE's get pumped out (Feb)... Hopefully well before that. I think MMRLE will be the last games run at the old Stern Factory... which would make TWD the last actual STERN title and rather fitting because the old factory will be dead.

#1348 9 years ago

Chicago Gaming is building all the cabinets and playfields at their facility and transporting them over to Stern for assembly. Neither of those two components would be impacted by UL issues and I have to believe there is a fair amount of lead time on each one. If they are shooting for 2014 shouldn't there be pictures of that production process already cranking those out?

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

GAHHHHH hurry spill test!!!!

#1350 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I don't think I can be patient that long IF that's when MMRLE's get pumped out (Feb)... Hopefully well before that. I think MMRLE will be the last games run at the old Stern Factory... which would make TWD the last actual STERN title and rather fitting because the old factory will be dead.

There has been nothing to say that MMR has to wait for the factory move and can't fit on the current lines. Stern's ability to actually build and schedule them has not been the hold up as it's been communicated by PPS or Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-update-on-mmr-production/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.